PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Temporary suspension of items, weapons, and mission distribution

Mike
Mar 15, 2011, 05:01 AM
It was announced on the official blog (http://ameblo.jp/phantasy-star-portable2/entry-10831458416.html) and official site (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2i/information/20110315_02/) that the updating of the official site and twitter account and the distribution of items, weapons, and missions for Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity will be put on hold until further notice due to the ongoing disaster in north-east Japan. The two remaining Infinity Grand Prix events have also been cancelled. An announcement will be made when the updating and distributing will begin again.

Crystal_Shard
Mar 15, 2011, 08:58 AM
Was kind of expecting something like that to be announced sooner or later. Was Sega directly affected by the quake in any case?

GUARDIANDNL
Mar 15, 2011, 09:11 AM
i think mostly the people who works on SEGA were affected by the quake, understandable. i was amaze when i see that playstation store japan was up after the earthqueake though.

Wayu
Mar 15, 2011, 09:14 AM
PSN won't be affected, methinks.

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
Mar 15, 2011, 09:17 AM
If PSN were solely hosted by Japan servers, that would be a major lack of foresight. Fortunately, I would assume that they can rely on other regional servers, as well as the US based ones.

ChaosAngel92
Mar 15, 2011, 10:39 AM
Is Dragon Sakai and the whole "Infinity" team safe from the earthquake?

Wayu
Mar 15, 2011, 07:20 PM
They're based in Tokyo. They're fine.

-Wayu

Mike
Mar 15, 2011, 07:28 PM
Yes, all of the people at Sega are safe. At least those in the Tokyo office, which is where the current team working on Phantasy Star is. The building was evacuated during the earthquake and is probably affected by the rolling blackouts in the Kanto region but everyone is safe according to the information that was released.

Wayu
Mar 15, 2011, 07:32 PM
Stuff'll be delayed, though.

-Wayu

イーマー
Mar 15, 2011, 09:03 PM
Yes, all of the people at Sega are safe. At least those in the Tokyo office, which is where the current team working on Phantasy Star is. The building was evacuated during the earthquake and is probably affected by the rolling blackouts in the Kanto region but everyone is safe according to the information that was released.

Kanto region ftw (Use all their electric pokemons? jk jk...). Got a little worried there too ._.

ChaosAngel92
Mar 15, 2011, 10:02 PM
I'm glad everyone is safe then, and you too Mike.