PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Warriors s2, MF and Svaltus

Raveno
Mar 15, 2011, 12:49 PM
TLDR @ bottom

>>Dealing with Svaltus<<

currently i'm a male 125 newman (lvl 7MF) (and 20fortetecher, 17acrotech)

in the past i ran this mission as a fortetecher, using mainly Dammegid, somtimes Dambarta, diga on the polavohras and ramegid {radiga when it was my only 31 RA tech}

if i remember correctly it usually too me a little less than 30minutes to complete (sometimes a little more if i'm leveling a different tech)

now as playing masterforce on this mission i have no problems with the whole mission except the bosses (Svaltus) i learned quick that a stun resist is a MUST....but as MF that isn't quite enough

==I find it tedious to run around them until they are through doing their wave attacks then only getting one or two Diga/nosdiga/radiga==

--one wave hit usually eats most of my life...as masterforce i pretty much use most of my scapedolls--

TLDR-go back to fortetecher just to make the bosses easier or learn how to use MF effectively deal with Svaltus...............or just level moar!?

Off topic a little, at what point did this mission/s become much easier? and how fast can you complete sleeping warriors s2? long post sorry thank you for reading (if you manage)

TheAstarion
Mar 15, 2011, 12:57 PM
One thing I learned in STD was that status afflictions for svaltus creatures are god. Use a Megistaride, and your lv1 Jellen, and you'll be amazed at the difference it makes. You're looking at taking about 2/3 of your life in damage from their attacks normally or about 40% if you buff up accordingly. Strong defensive armour in a decent light percent is also a must; if you can get a vijeri/rainbow and hizeri/stamina you'll be taking less damage and receiving status effects less often too.

As for actually killing them, burn and infection are great damage status, foie and gifoie come with lv5 burn at lv41-50. Don't know if they're immune to that though. The other thing is Nosdiga... until you get Limit Break for Diga or Foie, Nosdiga is your damage dealer of choice mainly.

desturel
Mar 15, 2011, 01:17 PM
As for actually killing them, burn and infection are great damage status

Svaltus can't be burned or poisoned. They can be virused and frozen.

As for a suggestion on how to fight the Svaltus, you could always use the method most of us used back in the before times. Have Leo and Tonnio (or Do Vol or Tylor, etc) do all of the heavy lifting in Beast mode while you just run around and heal them.

str898mustang
Mar 15, 2011, 02:23 PM
Get Limit Break

milranduil
Mar 15, 2011, 02:33 PM
^ This

Diga/Nosdiga. They stopped being a problem when supplemental arrived (although they weren't horribly difficult before then either).

As for Sleeping Warriors time for MF, 6min.

Vent
Mar 15, 2011, 04:18 PM
Ah haha I remember the pain of that. Stun/Resist is really a no brainer, but you already know that.

Getting a limit-break will cost you a lot of time, but as others have suggested, I guess it's pretty obvious your best bet.

Bringing NPCs with you just for the last room ruins tech leveling opportunities in the rest of the mission.

What I did back in the time was just run around and use Ramegid. But really, if you only wanted to level up your techs in that mission, you might as well abandon the mission if you reach that room. Don't remember how fast I could finish, at least not in the single digit marks, haha.

But seriously, 6 minutes? That's pretty madness. Can't even imagine how fast you need to kill monsters for that or even if there is any reason for you to run that mission except time attacking.

TheAstarion
Mar 15, 2011, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=desturel;2611797]Svaltus can't be burned or poisoned. They can be virused and frozen./QUOTE]

Yeah, I had a feeling, which is why I said I wasn't sure if you could.

And yeah, people have been saying, basically, forget the last block and just abandon once all the nicely lined up guys are dead. The only thing that drops on an S2 in Sleeping Warriors that's worth anything is the Psycho Wand board, equally likely to drop from anything else.

Personally, I already have 5 Psycho Wands (had 6, gave my 2/2 to a lowbie friend), and since I level my spells everything at Forest Infiltration and SEED Express I don't even go to Sleeping Warriors anymore.

desturel
Mar 15, 2011, 06:57 PM
Personally, I already have 5 Psycho Wands (had 6, gave my 2/2 to a lowbie friend), and since I level my spells everything at Forest Infiltration and SEED Express I don't even go to Sleeping Warriors anymore.

I went to Sleeping Warriors a few days ago just for old times sake and got 2 Psycho Wand boards in four runs. So it's still not a bad spot to go to every once in a while.

Midori Oku
Mar 15, 2011, 07:18 PM
^ This

Diga/Nosdiga. They stopped being a problem when supplemental arrived (although they weren't horribly difficult before then either).

As for Sleeping Warriors time for MF, 6min.
Dammit bobby get a 5min run! Its got to be possible with what you have. :-P

milranduil
Mar 15, 2011, 07:38 PM
Dammit bobby get a 5min run! Its got to be possible with what you have. :-P

I probably can with FM!

Orochinagi
Mar 19, 2011, 01:23 AM
I finish this mission in less about 10 mins. I have a Lvl 168 F.Newman MF and I use lvl 31+ Megid the whole time lol. This run is cake to me

dias_flac_0g
Mar 19, 2011, 02:57 AM
I have a 180 Female Newman MF and she owns those bosses like nothing with Diga Limit break. Plus the high evp makes me block a ton of their attacks making my diga even stronger.

If you have armas line and a hizeri stamina a stun resist will never be needed.

str898mustang
Mar 19, 2011, 07:54 AM
I have a 180 Female Newman MF and she owns those bosses like nothing with Diga Limit break. Plus the high evp makes me block a ton of their attacks making my diga even stronger.

If you have armas line and a hizeri stamina a stun resist will never be needed.

Yes you will, I've been stunned wearing a De Colte Line.

dias_flac_0g
Mar 19, 2011, 12:04 PM
Yes you will, I've been stunned wearing a De Colte Line.

I'm sure it's not 100% but it does lower it by alot. I've only been stunned once out of like the 20-ish runs I did when I was lvling some techs there.

Also, I had a 34% light armas along with a vijeri rainbow so when I was stunned they couldnt even kill me cuz I had high light protection.

So no, stun resist is not needed.

str898mustang
Mar 19, 2011, 12:22 PM
oh ok, I'm use to lvl175+ Svaltus so I usually wear stun resist.

dias_flac_0g
Mar 19, 2011, 11:36 PM
A ha..Huge difference lol.

Yea, in that case i'm sure a Stun Resist is needed =P

Ours are only lvl 110.