PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 What weapons should I extend??

XxGoregrinderxX
Mar 16, 2011, 12:25 PM
I thought of the frost-shot.

Any other ideas?

It should be a Shotgun,Rifle or Axe.

Broken_L_button
Mar 16, 2011, 12:52 PM
...If you want to extend a shotgun rifle or Axe, I'd say extend the one you like the most and think is the coolest, but if you want to make the most of your extend codes, IMO (note, I'm not taking into account infinity extend):

Shotgun: I'd say none of them, not even spread needle; Spread needle is already nice as is with its element and the stat boost from extension is laughable, while the other shotguns that can get stun usually have much lower ACC, which means more misses and less damage.

Rifles: A few of them seem like they get quite strong and get nice effects (and they look cool too), but considering one can trigger effects faster with twin handguns+long-range bullets and possibly do just as much damage because of the faster attack speed and lack of weapon switching to break the chain (for even faster damage dealing), I'm doubting the rifles are extend-worthy too. Though, Edel Fusil (lol), Skull Sorcerer, Holy Ray and MAYBE a high % Black Meteora ( if only for the semi-high ACC+Stun and for the sake of having a different weapon than others) might seem like fun to play with. Then again, they're rifles.

Axe: I'm tempted to say Ill Gill Testament and leave it at that (Anga Grudda+extra target+incap = ZOMG! MURDER!), but I guess Morat Machinas, Svaltia Tomahawk, Ank Las Dauras and Bil De Axe could be fun to play with. Then again, Ill Gill Testament is so easy to hunt compared to the others, it's ridiculous.

that cast named kai
Mar 16, 2011, 03:13 PM
Out of ranged weapons, i don't think there are many that really aight to be extended. I guess the only weapons that really are a must for extending are the hyoris which get the boost of incapcitate when extended, but I suppose otherwise just go with a weapon that you like personally, to be honest I ended up extending my exam saber just because I like the look as well as wanting to have something with a multi-strike ability until I could find a tiga ragan. Although is suppose you should check the psp2 pedias' weapons section to see what will give you your best bang for your buck.

GreenArcher
Mar 16, 2011, 03:32 PM
In terms of stats, the higher the rarity (number of stars), the less useful an extend code is. So 15* weapons gain very little from an extend code, while 1* weapons gain a lot. However many weapons have several options for status effects when they are extended (but in my opinion, everything outside of stun and incapacitate are useless).

Unless you plan on doing challenge mode repeatedly, I would suggest only extending your favorite weapons.

kojikatsuya
Mar 17, 2011, 01:18 AM
The first weapon I extended was Kusanagi, since it just looked cool, then the Rengokuto Ensa (don't have Gren). I'm currently waiting to get WOG to extend, since that's my goal item.

PurpleIsGood
Mar 17, 2011, 08:06 AM
I used 1 extend code on my Rengokuto Ensa, b/c the element was so good(59% :ice: ftw) and another on my :neutral: T.Hyori's, to get Incap. Saving the third for when I unseal Kokuintou Houzuki.

So I mean it really matters on what you get, and what you like.

Wayu
Mar 17, 2011, 09:59 AM
My extended arsenal consists of Cho Hee, Kokuintou-Hozuki, Tsumikiri-Hyori, Twin Kamui, and Nightmare Blood.

-Wayu

Fox2Tails
Mar 17, 2011, 10:04 AM
Only things I've extended so far is a Halva Tornado, Milla and Saika-Hyori

RenzokukenZ
Mar 17, 2011, 10:11 AM
Seeing that you'll most likely want the best to extend, here's a rough list.

-Cho Hee, as well as Kotetsu, the Twin Saber version of Kotetsu, and Gran Orca thanks to their 80% elements.

-Tsumikiri/Saika-Hyori for the incap. The single dagger versions work too, but not as effective.

-Kokuintou-Hozuki for the lv5 Status Effects (after unsealing) and pretty much making it the strongest sword in the game (outside of set-bonuses)

-Kanon Qoulia due to the fact that when extended they become one of the strongest T-handguns.

Other than those, go with what you like.

Wayu
Mar 17, 2011, 10:12 AM
Others I recommend extending are GuldMilla, SangeYasha, and Psycho Wands.

-Wayu

XxGoregrinderxX
Mar 17, 2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah cool tips but, i have only 3 extend codes.
Where can i get more?

RenzokukenZ
Mar 17, 2011, 10:17 AM
If you have the JP DLC missions, you can get 6 real easy.

One of the trade missions gives you 3 right away, along with a 50% :ground: Tech-Mag, and another mission gives you 3 after you completed a single MAX run on any difficulty.

I don't remember which trade missions exactly.

Wayu
Mar 17, 2011, 10:22 AM
The Maximum Attack Cross one with Tonio's short girlfriend gives you 3 straight up. The Bruce one has Emilia give 3 and some S-Rank Madoog to you (Maximum Attack Trade).

-Wayu

Randomness
Mar 17, 2011, 10:27 AM
Where can i get more?

C-mode.

Alucard V
Mar 17, 2011, 10:44 AM
Where can i get more?

Keep running Challenge mode you can still get 2 more from it. The total you can get by running Challenge mode is 5 btw.

NDW
Mar 17, 2011, 12:50 PM
The best way to farm Extend Codes:

Create a character to use for Challenge Mode. Do Challenge I. You get one for completing all seven stages as one type (HU/RA/FO/VA) and another one if you complete them all in under 2 hours and 30 minutes. Once both Extend Codes are received, put them in your shared storage and save your file. Then you can re-create this character and do it all over again.

Mike
Mar 17, 2011, 08:23 PM
Extend code farming will also help you get some of the Challenge Mode related titles as well. It also will net you the Hyakka Ryoran (I think that's the English name), a very nice twin saber.

RenzokukenZ
Mar 17, 2011, 09:23 PM
^

That's assuming you know a few buddies that can help you score the 2 hour mark for the sabers.

Another way to farm codes is to do C-Mode II from the DLC. I've been told that a RAcaseal can dominate that with general ease.

Wayu
Mar 17, 2011, 09:26 PM
You can also get the Kanon= weapons from Challenge II, so it might be a better bet to go with that.

-Wayu

dark nova
Mar 17, 2011, 09:30 PM
^

That's assuming you know a few buddies that can help you score the 2 hour mark for the sabers.

Another way to farm codes is to do C-Mode II from the DLC. I've been told that a RAcaseal can dominate that with general ease.

It's pretty easy to get under the 2 hour mark even with just two people, even on the first time through. The CMode instructions on the PSPedia2 are pretty useful. Personally, I somewhat enjoy doing Challenge 1, and it can be done fairly quickly.