PDA

View Full Version : Going through the laser barriers...Without the Switch!

BBMFttM
Mar 5, 2001, 02:21 AM
Allright so I was playing with this really great girl Alys and we were in Ruins. Clearly the warp to Ruins 3 was in front of us but a laser barrier was blockin our way to it. She proceeded to unequip her weapon and began to punch parrallell to the laser and slowly and surely she got to the other side. I tried it myself but ended up just using her warp. Does anyone know how this is done correctly?

SeQrEt_1
Mar 5, 2001, 02:34 AM
this person was using the japanese version of the game. they can only do that.

Zipp0
Mar 5, 2001, 02:41 AM
Actually that is not true SeQrEt_1. I can do it all the time. Its quite easy really. You just get against the post and wiggle around for about a minute and the character will eventually push through. Ive done it many times. One thing that I cant do that I have seen people do is wiggle through locked doors. Now thats a challenge.

Nick814625
Mar 5, 2001, 02:44 AM
I've gone thru tons of locked doors its quite easy...

Danger_Girl
Mar 5, 2001, 02:45 AM
It's kind of a goofy oversite, and many already know about this, but you can pass through locked doors and laser barriers. It works with any weapon that after the third attack you take a step back. Being disarmed also accomplishes this. The trick is in the positioning. Its the backstep after the third attack that will get you through. So you have got to have your back to the door, but yet facing the wall just enough so when you do your attacks you wont step forward. After the third attack, you'll step backwards right through the door http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Ratsmack
Mar 5, 2001, 05:50 AM
Funny thing, I was playing in a game with Ambrai and some other peoples today and both she and this other guy got stuck between the laser and the wall. While I laughed at them, they began using their weapons, and, *poof* the guy was through and he scooped up all the weapons. It was wierd, but I saw it with my own two eyes.

Josh
Mar 5, 2001, 06:51 AM
Yeah, I got through laser fences before too. I usually get stuck in the middle of the pole, and I have to wiggle my way out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

SeQrEt_1
Mar 5, 2001, 07:31 AM
yes i love to be wrong.. now i'm going to go try it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

mmmodem
Mar 5, 2001, 10:10 PM
Seems like a simple trick, but has anyone managed to get it to work with a Fomarl. Cause as far as I know, the only weapon that backsteps for Fomarl is a Soul Eater and even then it's very slight and not enough to make the trick work. And yes, I've tried a double saber.

Anthroplasm
Mar 5, 2001, 10:33 PM
Yeah, FOmarl has a very slight back step when hand-to-hand. It takes mad skill for her to walk through door.

MechDan
Mar 6, 2001, 01:11 PM
I little question from a PSO world newbie--in some offline quests, you can't normally get to all the rooms. Are there more enemies and crates waiting for you in those rooms if you use this trick?