PDA

View Full Version : Pouilly Slime and the Lavis Cannon

Sydney
Mar 13, 2003, 10:07 PM
I've been telepiping for the Pouilly Slime to get the Lavis Cannon. After 30 minutes of piping, I've seen 2 Slimes and neither dropped the Lavis Cannon. Now I'm at it again, just wondering if this Lavis Cannon is worth it and has this happened to anyone before. Is it normal for them not to drop anything?

dj_dan
Mar 14, 2003, 02:00 AM
The increased rarity of an item means, the decreased chances of it dropping.

Just like Pinkal Pal Rappies, or Bluefull Hildetorrs.. Redria Pouilly Slimes have been cursed with a highly rare item and it will take awhile to find a Lavis Cannon.

Whether or not it's worth it is entirely up to you.
After all, it is just a saber type. However it can be upgraded twice with a Syncesta or two. If I remember correctly though.. Redria can't find Syncesta.

Driadyte
Mar 14, 2003, 02:09 AM
Nope, no Syncestas for Redria. So sad. And check my mood for my current count of Slimes w/o a Lavis (I'm Redria and hunting for one also). Been a while since I've gone looking, I've been too busy with C-mode and my FOnewm.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 14, 2003, 02:13 AM
Yeesh, unfortunately Redria seems to find good items in really hard-to-get places if you ask me. A pouilly slime is not one of the more common enemies and the chances of you getting that Cannon with a Pouilly are slim-to none =( I'm sorry If I'm the bearer of bad news but I have a Redria as well..

Driadyte
Mar 14, 2003, 02:22 AM
It's a lot better than those poor Purplenum souls whose only chance is to get one off a Tollaw. Or the Bluefulls and Orans who have to find Sinow Reds for one. Or how bout a Grennill, who has to get lucky from one of the half dozen or so Morfos in Ult Seabed Lower? Redrias have it pretty good, if you're actively searching, seeing as how it comes from a rare enemy.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 14, 2003, 02:25 AM
I wasn't asking for sarcasm... I was just saying that some of their rares are not in the greatest places to be found. I'm sorry if I seemed insulting...

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 14, 2003, 02:31 AM
Actually I would prefer hunting Tollaws for a Lavis. Pouilly Slimes or even the non rare version are far and few in C2 where as certain quests can yeild decent numbers of Tollaws that can be reached quickly.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 14, 2003, 02:32 AM
Yeah, Tollaws are nothing and easy-to-find enemies

VulpesMundi
Mar 14, 2003, 03:00 AM
I'm someone who has actively made an effort to get a Lavis Cannon both ways...

I've run my Purplenum FOnewearl about 100 times through the first floor of Lost Heat Sword with not a single red box drop from a Tollaw. According to the Enemy Count Guide for Lost Heat Sword, there are 43 Tollaws on the first floor. So I've killed roughly 4300 Tollaws (just counting Purplenum going through Lost Heat Sword, this doesn't count other Forest runs with Purplenum and even other IDs) and not one red box (not even a Photon Drop) has been dropped by a Tollaw.

In the last three days I've run my Redria RAmar through Addicting Food to get to the room with the 2 Slimes so I could pipe for Pouillys. I've seen 12 Pouillys in those three days (13 total, and even 2 simultaneously) and none have dropped a red box. At least my RAmar has gained about 10 levels in the process. However, I find this disappointing because I found a Psycho Wand (12-stars) in 12 Mil Lilies on Purplenum and the Lavis Cannon (11-stars) should be easier to get.

The funny thing is I'm not even after the Lavis Cannon as a weapon to use. I just want it for my collection. The nastier part is I'll need 2 more Lavis Cannons and 3 Syncestas to collect all three Lavis weapons. It's not really worth it, I'm just a bit obsessive-compulsive about collecting. =>.<=

Manny
Mar 14, 2003, 07:43 AM
I'm pretty sure that Tollaws are very stingy when it comes to good rares. I've killed countless Tollaw with two IDs that have him drop good stuff and not one dropped a thing.

demonknight
Mar 14, 2003, 08:31 AM
yah i know i went through at least 2000 tollaws and still havent found a luminous field

Sim2002
Mar 14, 2003, 09:09 AM
Tallows have always been good to me. I found 2 Lumin Fields in the same day. Was hunting for one doing solo HS. Then I was just playing with some friends doing HS and another one dropped. I gave that one away. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Mar 14, 2003, 12:22 PM
I hate tollaws and thats my only why to get the lavis cannon? ERRRRRRR... I guess im gunna have to get up some lvls just to be able to survive with out cherry picking them.

Celes152
Mar 14, 2003, 12:30 PM
On 2003-03-14 04:43, Manny wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Tollaws are very stingy when it comes to good rares. I've killed countless Tollaw with two IDs that have him drop good stuff and not one dropped a thing.

Hum...I couldn't resist.

BlankTK
Mar 14, 2003, 01:08 PM
The chance of getting a Lavis cannon from a Poilly slime, heaven's punisher from a hildetorr, or pyscho wand from a Mil Lily is 1/100. It doesnt mean you need to kill 100, but if you kill 100 you will more than likely find the item. That info comes from Japanese boards and websites.

Purplenum tollaws are actually one of the easiest ways to get the Lavis cannon. Almost every Japanese log i read for purplenum HS ends with a happy ending (i.e. a lavis cannon.) It takes time but it also is a very good way to get experience.

Sydney
Mar 14, 2003, 10:03 PM
I've had good luck with Tollaws already. One droped a Red saber with a 25% hit on it. It's the best weapon I have right now. And now I'm looking for the Red Sword to match. I should be able to get it off a Melqueek. Any have good luck with these guys?

FluxGryphon
Mar 26, 2003, 01:43 PM
I've been hunting Yasha off of Melqueeks more than any other item and haven't had any payoff. 'course now I'm at the point that I don't expect payoff - might as well beef up my RAmar with all the runs anyway. Best place for Melqueek huntin' online is Lost ICE SPINNER. Offline: Soul of a Blacksmith. Be sure to play through Caves 3 - there's a room packed with Melqueeks.

VulpesMundi
Mar 26, 2003, 06:38 PM
For those of you still seeking a Lavis Cannon (or anything in particular, for that matter), don't give up. It may take awhile, but it does eventually happen. I'm glad to report that I found my first Lavis Cannon. My Redria defeated my Purplenum in the race. The twenty-second Pouilly Slime (which I actually ran into randomly without even telepiping) dropped the accursed dark crystal blade. Hope that gives others hope to keep trying. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif