PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Is a Dewman Force stronger than a Newman Force??

XxGoregrinderxX
Mar 24, 2011, 08:48 AM
I have Infinity now but i cant decide which Race i will use.

Maybe i will go Force.

Is a Dewman Force better than a Newman Force???

Broken_L_button
Mar 24, 2011, 11:44 AM
Define "better".

If you mean "better" in terms of offensive stats -in this case, TEC-, then Newman Force is better than Dewman force, since, obviously, they have the highest TEC stat. If you mean in terms of survivability, Newman is still the "better" force because even they have slightly better HP and defensive stats than Dewmen. But that's until you start spamming rebirth and making all racial stat differences go "poof!"

blace
Mar 24, 2011, 01:32 PM
Better can be used in so many ways, it's not funny. It depends on how you play them.

Assuming you don't rebirth or don't understand the basics of it, Newmans will outclass Dewmans as Forces.

vagabondkitten
Mar 24, 2011, 02:10 PM
The biggest reason Newmans will always be at least slightly better forces is mostly due to their MUCH better PP regen and larger PP pool. The slightly better TEC adds a little more damage as well for spells, but that's less important. However do keep in mind that a Dewman force would be more versatile with the ability to use guns and melee weapons better, and some may find infinity blast more useful than mirage blast, but that depends on the situation. Overall you can't really argue that Newmans are better, but I wouldn't say it's better enough that you have to choose them. Honestly my suggestion is always to make both, and just play around with each to see which you like the best.

Broken_L_button
Mar 24, 2011, 02:56 PM
But Newmen have 2 viable eyes instead of 1 like the Dewmen. Having a much wider field of vision and better depth perception > eyepatches. Thus, Newmen are superior to Dewmen.

But, seriously, though, yeah, forgot to mention the PP pool and regen. Even though it's slightly less of an issue in infinity, the Dewmen's PP pool and regen still force you to pace yourself a bit when using techniques. Quite an advantage for the Newmen.

Wayu
Mar 24, 2011, 10:31 PM
Newmans are still superior in all things Force.

-Wayu

Temprus
Mar 24, 2011, 10:42 PM
At Max Rebirth, the races don't jump outta the standard stat rankings.... ^^;

Dragwind
Mar 26, 2011, 11:14 PM
But Newmen have 2 viable eyes instead of 1 like the Dewmen. Having a much wider field of vision and better depth perception > eyepatches. Thus, Newmen are superior to Dewmen.

But, seriously, though, yeah, forgot to mention the PP pool and regen. Even though it's slightly less of an issue in infinity, the Dewmen's PP pool and regen still force you to pace yourself a bit when using techniques. Quite an advantage for the Newmen.

This :-)