PDA

View Full Version : Mag build gone wrong

HUcast Omega
Mar 24, 2011, 09:48 PM
After playing alongside someone online, I realized how bad my decision for a PURE POWER HUcast and Mag was. So now I'm lost as to how to fix my hitting problem. I'm thinking I can still use nothing but Power Mats, but maybe I should make a new mag with Power and Accuracy. If that is the best action to take, what ratio should I have the Pow/Acc?

Mustache
Mar 24, 2011, 09:57 PM
For a Hucast you'll want at least 25 hit on your mag, and depending on the weapon you use you may want to go as high as 50. In the mean time you can use Claws, Dagger, Sabers and Sheilds instead of Swords, Double Swords, Gunblades, and Spears to increase your hit a bit.

Also for the long run you may want to consider set bonuses to subsidize your hit, Such as Noble Cloak + Akatsuki Fu, Akatsuki In, Yonohate Fu, Yonohate In will net you 50 more power and 25 more Accuracy. Milias Frame+ Milias Breaker, Milias Sword gives you 25 power and 50 extra Accuracy.

cease_fire
Mar 25, 2011, 07:33 AM
Do you really need to get more ACC for cast??In my opinion they are better off with DFP and ATP mag

Mustache
Mar 25, 2011, 11:36 AM
If you want to hit 100% of the time instead of 75%-ish on Super, than yes, you need ACC for a cast.

cease_fire
Mar 25, 2011, 12:22 PM
After playing alongside someone online, I realized how bad my decision for a PURE POWER HUcast and Mag was. So now I'm lost as to how to fix my hitting problem. I'm thinking I can still use nothing but Power Mats, but maybe I should make a new mag with Power and Accuracy. If that is the best action to take, what ratio should I have the Pow/Acc?

I think your problem is not that you need more hit mag but you need to level up..Most the class need to be level 90+ to be effective in SH accept for those freaking forces.:argh:

Omunall
Mar 25, 2011, 03:27 PM
Try to trade for some Divine Hit units.

HUcast Omega
Mar 25, 2011, 11:59 PM
I forgot to ask, what kind of nature should I use for the Mag. Btw, I'm Lv 85. So I fail to see how leveling is needed to help that much. And as for trading, I have maybe two 7 star items of value, and Divine/Hit isn't on the list of things needed =/

Mustache
Mar 26, 2011, 12:06 AM
Healing nature, no question, simply the best.

HUcast Omega
Mar 26, 2011, 12:14 AM
But for what reason? Can you back up your opinion?

cease_fire
Mar 26, 2011, 01:54 AM
Cast have one of the highest ACC in the game.. When you reach level 90+ you will have ACC 240+ and most of the level 7 weapon accept for slicer/ranger have average ACC of 250..The requirement for playing in SH is 500ACC+..So you better of with unit than mag which kinda hard to replace.

Mustache
Mar 26, 2011, 11:36 AM
But for what reason? Can you back up your opinion?

The information in the guide is incorrect, healing nature has a 10% Anti chance, but unlike other natures healing will keep trying until the Anti goes off, once every =/= 5 Sec. It does have a revival chance but I don't know what it is, probably 5%, I've only been revived by it a small handful of times. My mag which is healing nature also Cast Shifta/Deband when going into boss fights, which is another feature that is left off the guide. The largest reason to pick healing is because it's unique Anti chance. It helps in levels that you would be confused and burned most so.

@cease_fire- At the end of the day HUcast still has his 100 power mag for when he gets up to level to no longer need the accuracy. It's all great for when he gets up there but for now he would like to hit things, as such he'll probably need hit on his mag.

HUcast Omega
Mar 26, 2011, 03:54 PM
I see. My Power Mag has an Offensive nature and the power buff I get I count on, and it's the only Mag I've ever used. I'll go ahead and try the Healing Mag. Which of the two kinds of natures would you suggest?

Clavat99
Mar 28, 2011, 12:13 PM
Pure power mags are great for HUcasts, so long as you have weapons and mats that give ATA.