PDA

View Full Version : Offline Writing a guide for PSU and AOTI: Some questions

Acrise
Mar 27, 2011, 04:17 PM
(Because I couldn't decide between the PSU, AOTI, Offfline or PC prefix :/ )

Long story short. I bought PSU for PC a couple of weeks after its release; later, I also got the expansion pack. The plan was to play both online, and relive some of the good times I had with PSO/BB. The plan... Didn't go so well.

"Stuck" with the offline Story Mode for PSU, I only had the chance to play it recently. I burned through it quickly. It's... Not the worst game ever, to be nice. Personally, I find it's nowhere near PSO, but that seems to be the direction SEGA believes is right, so I'll take whatever rants elsewhere. As I was playing offline, I realized there weren't many in-depth guides for this part of the game (not that Story Mode has a lot of depth but... I'll stop now), so I decided to get started on one. I suppose I'll write one for AOTI as well, as soon as I finish this and give the expansion a go.

Currently I'm up to the start of Chapter 5. For the past chapters I've been writing general information on mission layout and encounters, tips for all Types, skills, and C to S-Ranks (both for Free Missions and those found in Trials exclusive to Story Mode), even a PC troubleshooting section. Eventually I'll have charts and analysis/comparisons between some Type stats too (busywork which I'm saving for last). Maps... Maybe, but I want to finish all this while I'm still young.

I was wondering if I could ask some things, in order to get a better handling of some systems or aspects of the game, since I'm not quite sure I understand them all :)

1) I kinda hit a brick wall, though it's my fault, since I had this annotated but I forgot about it. It seems only AOTI allows to store back learned PAs into Discs, while PSU doesn't. I'm currently trying out all the TECHS I can, though is there any particular elemental family of TECHS that is consistenly useful in the long run? Other than the Resta family, which seems useful anytime.

(I also realized that some level geometry is freakish, and gets in the way of some spells: Barta will hit invisible obstacles on the ground, while it may pass through things like a boulder).

2) Is PP regeneration strictly based on weapon type? Sabers and similar seem to regain 1 PP every 5 seconds, while Handguns and Staves seem to recover 3 in the same time. Today though, I think one weapon was recovering around 6 PPs. Does weapon grinding influence this?

3) I keep reading about an offline item made through synthesis that requires ingredients found online o_O Is this true? What item is it?

4) Is character growth, in Story or Extra Modes, influenced by the Type currently in use? Or are all stat gains at level up predetermined and independent of being a Hunter, Ranger or Force?

5) What exactly *does* cross over into AOTI when I import my PSU Extra Mode character? I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone :/

Thanks in advance :)

Acrise
Mar 28, 2011, 10:27 AM
Note: I figured out the PP regen rate, it depends on the active Type.