PDA

View Full Version : S-Rank attribute (GC)

Jason
Mar 28, 2011, 11:49 AM
Right now I'm not far from getting my first S-Rank weapon (Ep.1) so I'd like to plan ahead. I have a HUmar and RAmarl. I've decided on picking Slicer, but feel free to tell me if I should pick something else instead. I want it to be an utility weapon, not a damage weapon.

I'm having trouble picking either special attribute. I don't see myself finishing c-mode for a second time, at least not in the near future. In the meantime, consider this one to be my only S-Rank weapon.

Arrest - 80% success rate is appealing, as opposed to Seize from the Spread Needle. If there are any dropped weapons that has this that is multi-target, I'd like to know. If there is, I might cancel this one out.

Zalure - supposedly level 33. It's nice with it always sticking. It's also unique as no other weapon has this special, it's stronger than a FO's Zalure. However, if a FO is presented in the group, I would not feel obliged to use the special often. It's also not that rare that I'm not with a FO.

So which is it? Arrest, that I can see myself using often, or Zalure, that I would be using half the time I'm without a FO but in those times it's very nice to use? I'm stuck.

Dongra
Mar 28, 2011, 12:59 PM
Personal preferences of mine would be the Arrest Slicer or a Zalure Gun. The slicer would mainly be for the Humar but it would be better should you happen to make a Hucast or Hucaseal in the future. With the SNS (Special Normal Special) glitch, you should have no trouble hitting with the slicer. The Zalure Gun (S-rank Handgun) can function on both a Humar and Ramarl but it would mainly serve for bosses. I have never been a fan of the Zalure Slicer since the zalure special cannot stun and you put yourself at risk of getting hit. It would probably be just as fast if you were to open up with damaging attacks rather than Zalure. You also have access to Jellen and Zalure on both of those classes and I think it would be faster to cast those, even if the level is lower, and attack rather than cast Jellen and use a weapon. Even if you are not a fan of Jellen, casting Zalure with the character would still be faster. If someone else has something to say about the Zalure Slicer then they may have more insight than I do.

Splash
Mar 28, 2011, 06:18 PM
Zalure S-rank Slicer is useless; the monsters you want to use Zalure Lv33 on are either going to be bosses or the "bigger" monsters such as Dark Bringers or Gibbles, therefore a Zalure S-rank Gun is sufficient for that. For all other monsters, you would use your own Zalure from your HUmar and RAmarl which are more than enough.

Jason
Mar 30, 2011, 02:38 AM
Thanks you two; appreciated the input. Insight on the Zalure gun is interesting. I was leaning on Arrest and I just got my slicer tonight. Going to do the quest tomorrow to unlock the feature to add the special. I don't mind more input. :)

Dongra
Mar 30, 2011, 11:11 AM
Arrest Slicer is still pretty good, in fact, I use one myself. My only concern is about the activation rate on a Humar. You are playing on Gamecube so you don't have the luxury of the V501 and V502 units that were added to Blue Burst. I know for sure that android characters will have reliable activations since they get a bonus to the activation rate. Anyway, test it out and let us know how it goes. If it goes well, might I suggest an Arrest Raygun to complement it. Just keep your eyes out for any ???? Rayguns you pass by and as long as it has hit, around 30+, and any of the paralysis specials you should be able to tekk it up to an Arrest Raygun.

Jason
Mar 31, 2011, 01:45 PM
So I was toying with it in Ruins online (the mode that matters) in a quest against crowds of enemies on my 152 RAmarl. It's missing more often than I can tolerance and I tried to like it, but I just can't. I tested it with ATA at max and I'm still displeased, and I can imagine it to be abysmal on HUmar. The SNS glitch is too situational to pull off to be reliable. Yeah, it is too bad without the V501/V502 units. Spread Needle turns out to do a far better job.

Since I do have duplicates of it as backup without a special, I'm going to try a different one to experiment until I find the one I like. I hope.

Dongra
Mar 31, 2011, 03:57 PM
I was afraid that would be the case. Unfortunately, the only useful Episode 1 S-ranks are, in my opinion, arrest slicer (for androids) and zalure gun (for everyone). If you want a useful S-rank, I recommend you find the group you completed challenge mode with, complete episode 2, and get yourself a S-rank Needle or three.

Jason
Mar 31, 2011, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I will definitely want a Needle from Ep.2 c-mode whenever I get around to finish that. Since I don't want Arrest on my slicer as I don't think I will bother with having an android character, the remaining good specials for it:

Berserk/Spirit: Diska of Braveman with Hit % would fare better.

Hell: Useless for Ep.1 where the majority plays on.

Chaos: Rainbow Baton take over.

Geist: I never really need to restock in the middle of a run.

Zalure: May save it for a gun if I will finish Ep.1 c-mode a second time. Fine with what I can cast with in the meantime.

That leaves me with Demon's, the one I just tried and am pleased with after some testing. Androids only has the 30% boost activation rate for the Arrest/Blizzard/Chaos specials, so I'm not at a disadvantage with what I'm using it on. I find misses with Demon's more tolerable than with Arrest on a slicer.

Splash
Mar 31, 2011, 11:54 PM
The SNS glitch is too situational to pull off to be reliable.
You don't know how to use Slicers then, especially with being unable to use SNS properly.

Also, don't need v501/v502. lolz at BB.

Dongra
Apr 1, 2011, 01:20 AM
Depending on the groups of enemies he is fighting, the activation rate of the Arrest slicer on a non-android character will not be reliable. As far as using Demon's, I completely overlooked that special. Demon's is a bit of a double edged sword. It is great when it activates but it only has a 50% activation rate. At least that rate is set, unlike arrest's rate which changes based on the enemy you are trying to paralyze. Although, on a Humar you probably would be best off using your raw attack power to kill instead of hoping for Demon's activations.