PDA

View Full Version : Game BlazBlue

Neo Flint
Mar 28, 2011, 06:48 PM
So does anyone play this game over Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or am I the only one?

I'm still trying to learn how to play properly. So far, Noel seems to be my favorite.

Oh and the 3DS and PSP versions of Continuum Shift will be coming out soon. ^^

SpikeOtacon
Mar 28, 2011, 09:07 PM
We do in fact have some people who play, there's a thread up (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180036&highlight=Blazblue) that has some gamertags/PSN names of forumers. Dunno who is still playing these days though.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 28, 2011, 10:54 PM
How to play properly as Noel.

Lose a lot. Hurts man.

Randomness
Mar 29, 2011, 12:00 AM
I'll probably pick up one of the handheld versions of CS. My PS3 is at home, so...

Weeaboolits
Mar 29, 2011, 12:01 AM
Waiting on that Platty to feel motivated to play again.

I picked up the Triple version during Aksys's benifit sale, so I have both versions.

PSN is Ronin_Cooper and gamertag is RoninCooper, but my gold expired.

Probably get the 3DS version when it comes out as well.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 29, 2011, 03:47 AM
I don't play marvel vs capcom. I've got Blazblue on PC, it's ok. But as with all fighting games they're all so similar and get boring and tedious after a brief time playing. Started it up on hardest setting completed it with a few characters, got bored after the 3rd day after purchase. Sometimes I think, "yeah i'll get a fighting game it should be fun". But I always end up getting bored by the lack of challenge within a week and don't play it ever again. The storyline mode is just confusing, I don't do anime,so the weird JP way fo storytelling and humour just confused me. I mean I love JP cincema but just not a fan of anime. Plus the hideous OTT colours when you do specials and just fighting in general makes doing marathon sessions very painful on the eyes and over the 3 days of religious playing of the game I had a headache throughout most of it

I guess you can't make fighting games any different to how most play, sure different characters, moves and mini games deterring from the fact it'll mainly boil down to 1 on 1 fighting or maybe some kinda rekindling of DD or steets of rage side scrolling beat em up, but they tend to be filler for the real game. All in all i'd say it was average, I guess it's slightly crazy nature made it somewhat more appealing but for any real playability I stick with Tekken as it just takes so damn long to get credits to get new costumes for your characters etc etc.

Tifa

Weeaboolits
Mar 29, 2011, 07:00 AM
I think you bought it for the wrong reason if you're just playing story mode.

Broken_L_button
Mar 29, 2011, 09:37 PM
Bought BlazBlue CT for my PSP, not regretting it. Now I'm eagerly awaiting CS to come out on the PSP so I can play that on the go as well.

Randomness
Mar 29, 2011, 09:57 PM
I think you bought it for the wrong reason if you're just playing story mode.

Besides, aside from certain fights (Unlimited Hazama, mainly), story mode is about 1/10th the difficulty of any other mode (Especially Challenge and Score Attack).

Neo Flint
Mar 30, 2011, 06:59 PM
I'll attempt, story is pretty confusing but overall, I'm enjoying it. For once in a fighting game, I actually care about the characters themselves.

We do in fact have some people who play, there's a thread up (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180036&highlight=Blazblue) that has some gamertags/PSN names of forumers. Dunno who is still playing these days though.

Should I post there instead then?

SpikeOtacon
Mar 30, 2011, 07:19 PM
If you want, it's kind of an older topic but I thought the list of forumers who played would be of interest to ya at least.

leviayurashyguy
Apr 1, 2011, 08:13 PM
Besides, aside from certain fights (Unlimited Hazama, mainly), story mode is about 1/10th the difficulty of any other mode (Especially Challenge and Score Attack).
Do they still have it where if you press start on the second controller right before you're about to lose, you can keep your standing in Score Attack? :3

Randomness
Apr 2, 2011, 01:02 AM
Do they still have it where if you press start on the second controller right before you're about to lose, you can keep your standing in Score Attack? :3

Last I checked... Even with that, I never made it past Unlimited Hakumen though. God damn his massive HP and massive damage.