PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 rangers and ata

Alisha
Mar 29, 2011, 05:47 AM
i tried doing a search and couldnt find anything relevant so i'm asking .how exactly does ata effect gun damage? at first i thought it might be something simple like atp + ata/2 but ive seen topics with people saying female cast is the best ranger so maybe ata has a bigger impact? is it enough of an impact that newman rangers are stronger than beast ones? sorry if this an old subject but ive been away for a while and am trying to get up to date on the changes from aoti --> psp2.

Wayu
Mar 29, 2011, 07:07 AM
ATA increase damage as well as ATP; if I remember correctly ATA is the primary modifier. Feel free to correct me, anyone.

That's why many rifles with high ATP but low ATA often are out-damaged by those with lower ATA but high ATP.

-Wayu

Mike
Mar 29, 2011, 07:32 AM
While the formula isn't this simple, it's easy to think of the damage for ranged weapons as (ATA + ATP/4). The real formula takes in both weapon and character stats and enemy defense but if you're just looking for which weapon is better, then using the bold formula should give you an idea of which is better. There is also an ATA bonus for shooting in first person mode though bows don't get ths bonus.

Wayu
Mar 29, 2011, 07:57 AM
However, they do get the bonus in Infinity, as well as (apparently) some kind of other boost.

-Wayu

NDW
Mar 29, 2011, 12:06 PM
ATA increase damage as well as ATP; if I remember correctly ATA is the primary modifier. Feel free to correct me, anyone.

That's why many rifles with high ATP but low ATA often are out-damaged by those with lower ATP but high ATA.

-Wayu

Fixed, I think you had second part switched around. :wacko:

nicoga3000
Mar 29, 2011, 01:18 PM
The discovery that first person mode increases damage has literally changed every aspect of how I play my RAcaseal.

megamegabuster
Mar 29, 2011, 01:21 PM
It seriously is the best thing ever, especially in versus mode!!