PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Lizard / Yowie Query

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Mar 31, 2011, 10:42 AM
Hi all,

Just wondering what gun, if any can be used against these 2 enemies to get past that annoying barrier they have for none melee/magic characters? At the moment, I use Iron Faust, but have to wait for them to attack, run round the back and then fire. Can any guns hit them head on? Or perhaps, like with Dark Gunner can they be paralyzed and then shot as normal head on? Or any kind of slicer weapon? I don't mind using traps but in Max Attack missions i'd run out of them pretty quick.

Tifa

Broken_L_button
Mar 31, 2011, 03:53 PM
Nope. Nothing that sends out projectiles (including cards, energy wave specials, slicers, etc.) gets past the Lizerd supah barriah or stealthiness! Even when they're paralyzed/frozen.

Just grab your favorite multi-target beatstick and have at it. Seeing as you have traps, I suggest using them (more specifically, Confusion traps) on the critters to prevent them from vomiting on you while you beat their skulls in. True, you might run out, but you can always mitigate that by:

-piping up, paying 10 meseta and getting back in the action
-dying and getting revived by a scape doll
-limit your useage of traps to a select few (and large) spawns (CTs on most lizard spawns, DTs to stop Zus if they take you by surprise and charge you with your pants down -i.e.: with your Iron Faust not equipped, seeing as it stops Zu charges-, FTs on the Gorans/Merrisas if you really can't paralyse/freeze them first with SN/FS/SQ)
-Abuse Paralysis/Freeze ailments from weapons like SN/FS/SQ. Confusion from your IF is quite good on the Gorans/Bootas too, but I'd give priority to the other ailments...Though, entire goran spawns being paralysed mid-teleportation make me sad.

And, in the end, even if you run out of traps, that's still no reason to not use them since it makes the mission that much easier.

Raikomaru
Mar 31, 2011, 03:56 PM
Technically you can use a gun since Divine Punishment works against them.

Broken_L_button
Mar 31, 2011, 03:58 PM
Technically you can use a gun since Divine Punishment works against them.

That man speaks the truth. Forgot about DP and its purifying beams of hallowed light.

Raikomaru
Mar 31, 2011, 04:03 PM
Although that's not so much the gun itself as it is just a unique special attack, but damn, I sure do hate Ep.4 Lizards with a Ranger...and Zus with a Hunter.....and Merissas with a Hunter....and Gorans with a Hunter.....lordy, I hate Ep.4......

Dongra
Mar 31, 2011, 04:06 PM
Divine Punishment from Heaven Punisher, Mille Marteux, and the Heaven Striker/Striker Unit combo can hit lizards for relatively low damage. I recommend that you find yourself a good melee weapon for these enemies. Good weapons that I recommend for a Ranger: Excalibur (expensive but most efficient especially when sphered in native), 50 hit S-beats Blades/V502 combo (also expensive and not entirely reliable but still an option), Daylight Scar (shouldn't be too expensive), and 50 hit Charge Gungnir (cheapest alternative while still dealing reliable group damage, eats up meseta). The usefulness of group weapons is amplified by the fact that lizards generally cluster up and this effect is guaranteed when confuse traps are used.

AlexCraig
Mar 31, 2011, 06:53 PM
You CAN kill them with guns, but you have to shoot them from behind or from the sides.

Robert_Garcia
Mar 31, 2011, 08:39 PM
If you have techs, those work too.

Splash
Mar 31, 2011, 11:57 PM
Divine Punishment from Heaven Punisher

Why are people mixing Divine Punishment with Heaven's Punishment?

Biolizard13
Apr 1, 2011, 12:08 AM

Because you're wrong.

Lizards can be defeated with guns from sides/behinds
Or just beat their faecs in with sabers or some other melee weapon :P
Anything mentioned above ^^

Raikomaru
Apr 1, 2011, 12:14 AM
You CAN kill them with guns, but you have to shoot them from behind or from the sides.

Well, yea, that too, but it's a pain in the ass mainly if you're doing solo. Multiplayer is a tad more feasible so another player can draw their attention.

Splash
Apr 1, 2011, 12:17 AM
Because you're wrong.

Your source?

EDIT: Forget it. I must be way old schooled.

Dongra
Apr 1, 2011, 01:23 AM
Because that seems to be the generally accepted name for the special attack within the community. This is the name I have witnessed the most. If there is some sort of concrete evidence somewhere that proves it is named otherwise then I guess that would be acceptable.

Raikomaru
Apr 1, 2011, 06:41 AM
From what I've seen, it's called Divine Punishment if it's the attack you're using and Heaven Punishment if it's Falz's attack.

Neith
Apr 1, 2011, 01:52 PM
Your source?

EDIT: Forget it. I must be way old schooled.

Even as far back as PSOGC the move was called Divine Punishment by a lot of players; even though Heaven Punisher/Mille Marteaux used it, the special was still 'Divine Punishment'. I've never heard anyone call it 'Heaven's Punishment' since PSOGC days. Maybe it was different on PSODC, I don't know.