PDA

View Full Version : Rude calls on pso

segagameplay
Mar 5, 2001, 03:03 AM
you know i know some people who do the tech support on pso. Why is it that people think they can call up curse them out and be all tough and rude? Do they really think itll get them some where? Most of the time instead of getting there pso problem fixed thoese people end up being told to return the game... Id like some insight on this.

THX
Mar 5, 2001, 03:11 AM
LOL

I do telephone customer service, and I can tell you, as stupid as it sounds, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Don't give these people a hard time, because then they have even LESS reason to help your whiny teenaged ass.

Danger_Girl
Mar 5, 2001, 03:25 AM
I understand their pain. I work at a talk radio station as a producer. Part of the job is screening calls. Well we get all manner of ornery types. I'll spend hours getting screamed at by angry listeners who were offended by something that was said. Its just part of the job. Eventually you get used to it and just learn to hang up on em. I can definatly feel the pain of some poor lad working the phones at tech dealing with some fella who just lost 100+ hour of PSO to a BSOD. Ouch!!!

SeQrEt_1
Mar 5, 2001, 03:25 AM
On 2001-03-05 00:11, THX wrote:
Don't give these people a hard time, because then they have even LESS reason to help your whiny teenaged ass.

I resent that remark. Not all of us teenagers are that immature. Why is it that once you reach a certain age people think that you age group is somehow superior to everyone else (not that I know how old you are i'm just saying). Adults loose their tops too haven't you ever been to a grocery store http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

segagameplay
Mar 5, 2001, 03:38 AM
Alot of people who have serial problems aperantly are quite rude... Or so im told.
Also does any one have a horror story to share or a nice story? On tech support or 900 line sales anything?

segagameplay
Mar 5, 2001, 04:34 AM
No one have fuuny/horror storys?

MyrciVoid
Mar 5, 2001, 10:14 PM
You see... I am a telemarketer... i understand that you all must hate me instantly for this.. *laugh* but my job is to really strive to save people money. No bull. if I offer the wrong thing to the wrong customer, and they end up paying more on their bill, I can be written up, or fired. in calling people, I have about ten seconds before they hang up. After those ten seconds, I reach perverts ("You sound young, what colour are your panties?"), irate customers ("You ****ing *******!"), and other businesses ("Do you realize who you're calling, young lady?"), and rarely, I reach a sale. Even in the process of helping lower the bills of the people I've sold to, it's tough. they get angry and confused easily. They hang up if you put them on hold.
being nice to me gets me to really want to save you money. being angry makes me ask if you want to be put on the do not call list. swearing at me makes me call over a supervisor to take the call.
I also frequently have to make techsupport calls, as I own a website, but I'm no god at server-side problems. I try to be nice, but to the point. If you're kind with your problem, then you'll get further.
Just think how miserable we telemarketers, techsupports, or other phone-related representatives get. We cannot, by any means, show hostility to the customer. we can only smile and be polite. trust me, it's harder to keep your cool over the phone than it is working behind a counter, flipping burgers. I've done that, too.

Manifest
Mar 5, 2001, 10:32 PM
hey Im all to familiar with their plight. I do tech support for a large company, and you wouldnt believe how many people call me pissed off as all get out. And Ill tell you right now 85% of all calls are user error. So when I called sega about the bad modem in my dreamcast (and it was indeed bad, sega ended up replacing it) they gave me the same old "call your isp run around" so I also know how the average caller feels. I think for people to be truly happy with the situation callers need to realize not everything is the fault of the person on the other end, and tech support folks need to do the same.

LoserMLW
Mar 6, 2001, 12:43 AM
Heh...you guys think YOU have it bad......

I'm the Customer Service Manager for the third-largest online adult entertainment company...and if you think people get mad in normal situations, wait until they can't "get off" because they can't remember their password, or their accounts are closed for password abuse... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Trust me. You've never seen someone irate until their "Hot Lesbian Sex" feed starts to lose frames until it stops dead... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

segagameplay
Mar 6, 2001, 04:51 AM
WoW i want to say thank you to the people who responded it gave all of us here a breath of fresh air to know some people out there do care for our plight.

MonkeyManX
Mar 6, 2001, 12:45 PM
Hey along the lines of horror stories i have an interesting one... I got a call from a telemarketer guy but he seemed a little edgy. I could sense a little frustration in his voice. Anyway, I'm just a kid and i was kinda alone in the house. I listen in on him as a polite gesture then say to him "I'm not old enough to make those kind of decisions. Try calling back when my parents get home." He then mumbles a few cuss words and hung up. about five minutes later i get a call from him that says "You shouldn'tve turned me down cause now i know where you live! ...click..." Meanwhile i'm thinking, why is he so ticked? I did what i felt was right. No person holding a job to promote sales should ever discourage a customer... who knows if he called later when my parents got back he might have had a sale! (one of our windows recently started letting in a light draft.) We'll i figured for 75cents i could just trace the call and find a way to get this guy calmed down (I dunno talk to a manager there or something) so i had the call traced and tried calling... when i did someone picked up, I think it was the place where people put in orders. Anyway i told this person that one of there workers seemed really bugged (I mean that guy was MAD... must have not made a sale in a while!). He said he'd look in to it and when he came back on the line he thanked me and said that that worker had Terret's Syndrome (is that how you spell it). I was only trying to spare someone else a fraudulent threat. Apparently that guy is still working i guess. Personally i would never hire a person with Terret's Syndrome to a telemarketing job! Well that was my story... I'm always extra nice to the telemarketer now hahaha. As for a PSO horror story my first char got BSOD at level 27...

MonkeyManX
Mar 6, 2001, 12:47 PM
Oh hey keep up the good work techies and telemarketers! Anyone wanna sell me a new window? its cold in here!

segagameplay
Mar 6, 2001, 11:11 PM
monkey man thats a great post thnks!