PDA

View Full Version : Transfer (or replicate) PSOX character save onto PC?

Mitcherino
Apr 3, 2011, 09:20 PM
Hello all, im new to the forums so im sorry for the nubness. I have been recently playing pso on my xbox after a few years away from it, and it just isn't the same without being able to play online. So i am posing this question: I realize you can get saves from your xbox to PC and able to hexedit those, but is it possible to just outright replicate your character to be available to play on the PC? i'd hate to go through the hassle of leveling to 109 again.

Again, sorry for the nubness!

Dongra
Apr 3, 2011, 09:29 PM
I'm not sure if it is possible to do but it seems unlikely as I have never heard of anyone doing that before. If it is, I know for a fact that if you have the intention of playing on a private server with other people that they would not allow it. Now I don't know you or your personal life, but even with a bit of time, or just weekend play, it wouldn't take you long to reach that level again.

Mitcherino
Apr 3, 2011, 09:42 PM
If it is, I know for a fact that if you have the intention of playing on a private server with other people that they would not allow it.

Well, why is that? I mean with no private servers for the xbox i feel a bit of sadness letting go of those characters. This just seemed more plausible than someone bypassing the xboxlive and making a server. I realize that the codes would need to be corrected for the PC majorly, seeing as its a different system etc, etc. I assume that the codes for the weapons, character level, items and such would be relatively similar?

Dongra
Apr 3, 2011, 09:57 PM
That really depends on what you mean by PC version. Are you talking about version 2 or Blue Burst? Since Blue Burst was built off of the xbox version I would think the data would be similar but I still don't know of a way to transfer that data. Once again, if it can be done, I don't think private servers will allow you to transfer a character, especially if they have an anti-cheating policy.