PDA

View Full Version : Infinity "At least I have chicken." KFC mission

DeviFoxx
Apr 4, 2011, 05:42 PM
I've been playing JP PSP2 and Infinity for a while now, and I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask some of the other people playing as well.

In PSP2 I would do Free Missions a lot, and every now and again just before the boss area, a rainbow colored teleporter pops up with the Japanese Shop Welcoming Phrase:

いらっしゃいませ~!

Now if anyone's played the game for any extended length of time, you automatically know that this is either the Naura Sister's shop, or the Pizza Hut shop.

Now, in Infinity, I've been spending a lot of time doing Infinity Missions and spamming "Magashi Plan" more than anything.

Just out of sheer curiosity, where am I likely to bump into Colonel Sander's Kentucky Fried Chicken (Gurhal Branch) so I can raid his shop of all the 12-Piece Original Recipe Buckets my arms can carry?

I'm going to out on a limb and guess it's one of the newer Free Missions where I'm likely to find the KFC restaurant teleporter, yeah?

Anyone know any missions where I'm likely to find the Colonel? I know my friend Cranberry stumbled across the Colonel's joint once by sheer accident... But she can't read Japanese all too well, so I don't think she could tell me the name.

If anyone knows the name of any missions and would be kind enough to tell me, I'd appreciate it. English is fine, but preferably tell me the name in Japanese if you can--as it would make things much easier.

Mike
Apr 4, 2011, 06:40 PM
According to the Wiki, KFC shows up at the following missions:
SEEDの胎動
電脳の化身
暴走SEED特急
真影に至る闇
太古からの侵略者
暗黒神の封印
蒼海の巨殻獣
夢幻の如く
終焉の銀河
飛来者の記憶

zombiemoshpit84
Apr 4, 2011, 07:12 PM
Mike is the greatest aint he lol hes always right there to help anyone and everyone. this site would fall apart without you keep up the good work.

joshboyd1209
Apr 4, 2011, 07:34 PM
Yeah Mike does show up alot in alot of forums.

SEEDの胎動
電脳の化身
暴走SEED特急
真影に至る闇
太古からの侵略者
暗黒神の封印
蒼海の巨殻獣
夢幻の如く
終焉の銀河
飛来者の記憶
So are any of those in the demo? And if so where would I find them? I can't read very much Japaneese and what I can is names of items that I,ve managed to learn and I've learned the Japaneese counterpart for sector.

DeviFoxx
Apr 4, 2011, 07:42 PM
SEEDの胎動
電脳の化身
暴走SEED特急
真影に至る闇
太古からの侵略者
暗黒神の封印
蒼海の巨殻獣
夢幻の如く
終焉の銀河
飛来者の記憶

Thank you very much, Mike. I appreciate it. And thanks again for the Mission and Puyo Chairs. We should play again sometime.

Mike
Apr 4, 2011, 07:42 PM
So are any of those in the demo? And if so where would I find them? I can't read very much Japaneese and what I can is names of items that I,ve managed to learn and I've learned the Japaneese counterpart for sector.

You can find 蒼海の巨殻獣 in the multimode part of the demo.

joshboyd1209
Apr 4, 2011, 07:44 PM
You can find 蒼海の巨殻獣 in the multimode part of the demo.
Thank you. Anything I need to do to unlock it? And is it one of the beach ones?

Wayu
Apr 4, 2011, 07:47 PM
You need to finish the other Beach mission with the Coco Meloddas.

-Wayu

DeviFoxx
Apr 4, 2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah Mike does show up alot in alot of forums.

As stated earlier, Naura Sisters / Pizza Hut / Kentucky Fried Chicken only shows up in Free Missions.

「 フリーミッション 」

So just scrub through the lists of Free Missions until you find any of them on the list.

As far as availability of these particular missions on the Demo goes, I don't know. I bought / have been playing the retail version for a good while now, and moreover, if I remember correctly the Infinity Demo servers have been shut down--leaving only the actual game servers up.

Wish I could help more.

However, judging by the posts you've made here thus far, you seem to be enjoying Infinity and aren't deterred by the fact that the game's in Japanese. I think you might enjoy the game more if you purchased it so you could come online and play with us. :D

... (5 mins later)

*Looks up after just posting this reply*

Ah, I see people have already answered. Well then yeah, there you go.

joshboyd1209
Apr 4, 2011, 07:49 PM
You need to finish the other Beach mission with the Coco Meloddas.

-Wayu
The great big green lobster?

Wayu
Apr 4, 2011, 07:50 PM
No, the watermelons. The crab free mission is the one you're looking for.

-Wayu

DeviFoxx
Apr 4, 2011, 07:53 PM
The great big green lobster?

The Lobster is Gill Zorg.

The one Wayu's taking about is the one that looks like a Watermelon with Horns and Feet, if I remember correctly.

joshboyd1209
Apr 4, 2011, 07:54 PM
As stated earlier, Naura Sisters / Pizza Hut / Kentucky Fried Chicken only shows up in Free Missions.

「 フリーミッション 」

So just scrub through the lists of Free Missions until you find any of them on the list.

As far as availability of these particular missions on the Demo goes, I don't know. I bought / have been playing the retail version for a good while now, and moreover, if I remember correctly the Infinity Demo servers have been shut down--leaving only the actual game servers up.

Wish I could help more.

However, judging by the posts you've made here thus far, you seem to be enjoying Infinity and aren't deterred by the fact that the game's in Japanese. I think you might enjoy the game more if you purchased it so you could come online and play with us. :D

... (5 mins later)

*Looks up after just posting this reply*

Ah, I see people have already answered. Well then yeah, there you go.
I intend to buy it in english around Christmas time if it's out by then if not and I've managed to learn enough Japaneese to understand the storyline I might buy the Japaneese version. By the way what's up with the ancient in this one? One of the reasons I want the english version is they don't make the characters and shopkeepers sound retarded though.

DeviFoxx
Apr 4, 2011, 07:57 PM
I intend to buy it in english around Christmas time if it's out by then if not and I've managed to learn enough Japaneese to understand the storyline I might buy the Japaneese version. By the way what's up with the ancient in this one? One of the reasons I want the english version is they don't make the characters and shopkeepers sound retarded though.

I'd explain about Nagisa and Wynarl's relationship, but I don't know if I should spoil stuff or not.

joshboyd1209
Apr 4, 2011, 07:59 PM
I'd explain about Nagisa and Wynarl's relationship, but I don't know if I should spoil stuff or not.
By the way didn't all the ancients get sealed back in Maghara BEFORE they could escape?

DeviFoxx
Apr 4, 2011, 08:01 PM
On a more personal note, considering how the English port of PSP2 turned out (how many cuts, edits, and "fixes" were made to it, and how SEGA of America treats it in general), I think that the Japanese version of both PSP2 and PSP2i are the more "robust" games in that they're filled with more in-game content than their English counterparts. But that's my personal opinion, that's all...

Mike
Apr 4, 2011, 08:04 PM
By the way didn't all the ancients get sealed back in Maghara BEFORE they could escape?
Sealed isn't quite the right word. Some of the Ancients decided to store their identities outside of Magahara. But this is getting off topic.

joshboyd1209
Apr 4, 2011, 08:06 PM
On a more personal note, considering how the English port of PSP2 turned out (how many cuts, edits, and "fixes" were made to it, and how SEGA of America treats it in general), I think that the Japanese version of both PSP2 and PSP2i are the more "robust" games in that they're filled with more in-game content than their English counterparts. But that's my personal opinion, that's all...
So what they decided to let them all run around in the JP version?

DeviFoxx
Apr 4, 2011, 08:15 PM
So what they decided to let them all run around in the JP version?

I'm not sure what you mean by that, or who's the "they" you're referring to.

I'm assuming you mean "Non-Japanese players playing on Japanese servers".

Sega doesn't really care what nation you play the game from. If you bought the game, and can get online, you can play on the Japanese servers as much as you want. Just as long as you don't hack and turn it into Sega Dreamcast PSO / the PSU servers on PlayStation 2 & PC all over again. That'll get ya banned.

But like Mike said, this topic is starting to seriously de-rail now... lol

joshboyd1209
Apr 4, 2011, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that, or who's the "they" you're referring to.

I'm assuming you mean "Non-Japanese players playing on Japanese servers".

Sega doesn't really care what nation you play the game from. If you bought the game, and can get online, you can play on the Japanese servers as much as you want. Just as long as you don't hack and turn it into Sega Dreamcast PSO / the PSU servers on PlayStation 2 & PC all over again. That'll get ya banned.

But like Mike said, this topic is starting to seriously de-rail now... lol
They=the people of gurhal them=the ancients

DeviFoxx
Apr 5, 2011, 12:37 AM
Sealed isn't quite the right word. Some of the Ancients decided to store their identities outside of Magahara. But this is getting off topic.

This.

As far as the Ancients go, Mike is right. Not all of them stored their identities in Magahara. Some of them freely inhabit the bodies of people like Emilia who was inhabited by Mika, and now Nagisa the amnesiac Duman who is inhabited by the perverted deviant of an Ancient, Wynarl, who oddly enough seems to be more educated as to how modern-day technology and society functions more so than the socially-inept, angsty teenage Emo chick, Nagisa. With the convenient plot device of not all Ancients being inside Magahara, SEGA can make as many Ancients appear in subsequent sequels as they like.

And that's about the size of it.

Anywhoo... Now to go track down Colonel Sanders and get me some chicken.

joshboyd1209
Apr 5, 2011, 11:15 AM
The Lobster is Gill Zorg.

The one Wayu's taking about is the one that looks like a Watermelon with Horns and Feet, if I remember correctly.
Does this "Watermelon" have a curly pig tail and erect a barrier in front of it and charge you?

TierrenZX
Apr 5, 2011, 11:40 AM
Does this "Watermelon" have a curly pig tail and erect a barrier in front of it and charge you?

Yes and has the tendency to spam Barta

Wayu
Apr 5, 2011, 12:43 PM
It's...well, the only watermelon enemy in the game lol. Low HP and set Barta shotgun-spread patterns make it a cinch to kill if you can Just Guard its charges. Annoying in packs, but not that dangerous with Freeze Resist.

-Wayu

Malice913150
Apr 6, 2011, 11:22 AM
who doesnt always have freeze/stun/sleep resist on? i guess im just over cautious teehee

joshboyd1209
Apr 6, 2011, 05:40 PM
who doesnt always have freeze/stun/sleep resist on? i guess im just over cautious teehee
I never use those abilities and never modules. I always use something like HP boost and in the Infinty demo I use the Scape Doll boost. I use things like the wings and atack and defense upgrade and as a CAST I use a SUV weapon as a Newman/Human I use Mirage Blasts.

DeviFoxx
Apr 7, 2011, 05:16 PM
Well, after playing around a bit, I finally found Kentucky Fried Chicken's Gurhal Branch in the mission:

SEEDの胎動 ["SEED Awakened" as it's known in English PSP2] on "Rank B" difficulty.

http://www.devimension.com/psp2/20110407135428.jpg

I found the teleporter just before the entrance to the boss area against Dark Falkis, but...

Makes me wonder what the Colonel would be doing setting up shop here of all places?

http://www.devimension.com/psp2/20110407134952.jpg
http://www.devimension.com/psp2/20110407135115.jpg

I finally got his Partner Card, and the Achievement giving me his fancy white suit (Male, Non-CAST characters only).

http://www.devimension.com/psp2/20110407140514.jpg

And now I finally feel like a king in my own castle with my bucket of KFC to keep me content and satisfied. And when my bucket runs out, I have a whole herd of free-range Rappies in the corner of my Room to whip up some more drumsticks.

Thanks again for the tip, Mike. I appreciate it.

Wayu
Apr 7, 2011, 05:41 PM
Resist units are unneeded if you dodge everything.

-Wayu

joshboyd1209
Apr 9, 2011, 12:35 PM
This.

As far as the Ancients go, Mike is right. Not all of them stored their identities in Magahara. Some of them freely inhabit the bodies of people like Emilia who was inhabited by Mika, and now Nagisa the amnesiac Duman who is inhabited by the perverted deviant of an Ancient, Wynarl, who oddly enough seems to be more educated as to how modern-day technology and society functions more so than the socially-inept, angsty teenage Emo chick, Nagisa. With the convenient plot device of not all Ancients being inside Magahara, SEGA can make as many Ancients appear in subsequent sequels as they like.

And that's about the size of it.

Anywhoo... Now to go track down Colonel Sanders and get me some chicken.
But I think this is the last one in this series(the PSU series). At least that was my understanding from what I initially read.