PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion, what are the best Basic GAS options for a MF thus far?

dias_flac_0g
Apr 5, 2011, 02:42 AM
Right now I have HPx4 and TPx4 debating on what else to get :)

XbikXBd
Apr 5, 2011, 06:21 AM
Right now I have HPx4 and TPx4 debating on what else to get :)

all you need on basic upgrades is TPlv5 DFPlv5 HPlv2
ragans force
photon crafter
.....ill get the rest of my list once i get home XD

str898mustang
Apr 5, 2011, 06:53 AM
TPlvl+5
Deflvl+3 or 4
Sta +3

Revenger Blaster (when u get it)

Core Shield (when u get it)

Double Time or Trusty Partner (When u get it)

dias_flac_0g
Apr 5, 2011, 07:31 AM
Both of you guys mention def i'm rather surprised...

Def seems like a useless stat for a MF (or for any class really) seeing as it only goes up by 10 points so it's 50 def plus at max lvl.

Meaning like 50 less damage. I could see this working if it gaved me like 30 per lvl. I much rather keep my hp lvl 4 since it's 200 hp plus way more helpful than lvl 3 or 4 def.

The only valid reason to bump def IMO is if you wanna use a Serafi-senba for GAM missions. Other than that it's useless.

Not trying to argue with you both, i'm just giving my own personal opinion as to why I dont use it :)

Feel free to let me know if there are other valid reasons to use it though. Because as for pure DEF it's not gonna make any significant changes in how much damage I take =P

Ethateral
Apr 5, 2011, 07:56 AM
Def is mainly for the /R missions (Crisla-senba at 65 DFP). Personally, I think getting HP+ on a Masterforce is useless, as with MST+.

I use:

TP+Lv4 (Will be 5 when level 5 basic are released)
DFP+Lv3
EVP+Lv4

I find EVP way more useful, since it leaves me invincible till I cast again. Given the frequency that I block along side with Quick Action... Lol. With Feril Line (Since I don't have a Shijin yet) I have 1994 EVP. It's sex. I'm not sure how much Quick Action adds on though. =/

dias_flac_0g
Apr 5, 2011, 08:21 AM
Well I dont do the R/missions with my MF so ya adding the extra def is a waste for me.

HP is NEVER uselss :)

I was thinking some STA, but EVP sounds good (and more useful).

Maybe i'll try some EVP since I have AP to burn due to the fact that i'm just spamming the event for AMP lol.

Midori Oku
Apr 5, 2011, 01:03 PM
HP+ lvl 4
TP+ lvl 4
DFP+ lvl 3
MST+ lvl 1

Elemental weapon
Ragans Force
Photon Crafter/Double Time.

Vent
Apr 5, 2011, 02:44 PM
That's pretty weird. As a Masterforce without defense GAS you're stuck with no armor in the level 20 GAMs. ^^;
Well if you aren't going to use Masterforce for GAMs, then it isn't a problem I guess. Otherwise it would be quite the dilemma.

That's because I think HP is better than DEF. If I would to believe that psupedia's damage calculator (http://calc.psupedia.info/index.html) also applies to yourself, it would only mean a reduction of 10 damage for 50 defense. Sure defense applies every time you're hit, but if the monster only land big hits that one-hit you (which kind of happens a lot with Masterforce), it's not going to help much. More HP definitely helps you survive better than DEF will. It will also help you survive those nasty foies, which DEF can't help you with. :-D

Well, I'm not suggesting any builds myself, since I haven't come to the point where I can actually use GAS myself. I'm kind of surprised that every build listed here assumed you're a newman. ^^; If I would have to make a build now I would have done exactly what you did; max TP, then max HP, then get as much EVP as possible.

STA isn't that necessary, depending on your armor slots. With a body slot and extra slot you probably don't need to be afraid of most situations with status effects. I haven't been incapacitated by megid even once with 22 STA (Hizeri/Stamina, not tested with 19 STA though).

Shou
Apr 5, 2011, 03:13 PM
You only need DEF+ for /R. If you don't run /R, use your AP toward HP+ after you have maxed your TP. The rest should be thrown into STA.

Once you get Revenge Blaster, more HP will help you out a lot.

IMO Core Shield should only be used if it will reduce damage from attacks to zero or almost zero to prevent nockback/down.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 5, 2011, 06:09 PM
Man, I cant make up my damn mind :(

TP and HP are perfect wont be touching those.

I just cant make up my mind on what I want the third to be.

I already had sta+ cuz I wanted to do some testing with it. It's only useful for 21+ so you wont get killed by lvl 1 megid. As for other bad status effcets you're better off with a resist. So sta seems like a waste.

This only leaves me with 3 other stats. Def, Evp and Mst. Mst is pretty much just like def in the sense that 120 mst wont decrease tech damage by a significant number. That's probably like 60 less damage.

Evp sounds ok, but how much more blocking will I do by just increasing it by 120? Probably not much more than what I already do huh?

Then we have DEF which is only useful for GAM missions.

I've already wasted 20 ap's on just basic GAS options alone testing different stats and such. HP and TP are keepers for sure. Now I need a third. I'll probably end up going with def so I can do GAM missions with my MF that way I can use Serafi since I already have a 30%+ set.

The thing is that MF doesnt seem that useful in GAM missions cuz they seem to die in like 1 hit all the time. Atleast that's what it seems like to me.

Whenever I run GAM missions I rather not have a MF in the party cuz they die so much lol.

XbikXBd
Apr 5, 2011, 06:24 PM
Man, I cant make up my damn mind :(

TP and HP are perfect wont be touching those.

I just cant make up my mind on what I want the third to be.

I already had sta+ cuz I wanted to do some testing with it. It's only useful for 21+ so you wont get killed by lvl 1 megid. As for other bad status effcets you're better off with a resist. So sta seems like a waste.

This only leaves me with 3 other stats. Def, Evp and Mst. Mst is pretty much just like def in the sense that 120 mst wont decrease tech damage by a significant number. That's probably like 60 less damage.

Evp sounds ok, but how much more blocking will I do by just increasing it by 120? Probably not much more than what I already do huh?

Then we have DEF which is only useful for GAM missions.

I've already wasted 20 ap's on just basic GAS options alone testing different stats and such. HP and TP are keepers for sure. Now I need a third. I'll probably end up going with def so I can do GAM missions with my MF that way I can use Serafi since I already have a 30%+ set.

The thing is that MF doesnt seem that useful in GAM missions cuz they seem to die in like 1 hit all the time. Atleast that's what it seems like to me.

Whenever I run GAM missions I rather not have a MF in the party cuz they die so much lol.

SS/R is easy as hell as a MF or GM

Omega-z
Apr 5, 2011, 06:44 PM
Vent it's a reduction of 23 damage for 50 defense, And dias_flac_0g it's a reduction of 38 damage for 120 MST. The Formula for the defensive stat's is incorrect. Also GAM Reduces the % of Armor's bad Example a 50% + 25% unit = 31% in GAM, so MST and DFP is a must to make up the deference in those Missions plus the buffs you get also go up as well. lol I guess that doesn't sound good unless you have like + 750 MST or 50-54 STA lol (which is possible)lol

XbikXBd - True MF's are good in /R missions!

Vent
Apr 6, 2011, 02:48 AM
Thank you, for pointing that out, but now I wonder what the correct formula is.

Still, I stay by my opinion. 10 damage reduction or 23 damage reduction, both doesn't matter for normal runs. Although in GAM it will make the significant difference between armor and no armor.

Omega-z
Apr 6, 2011, 09:34 PM
Your right Vent in Normal runs it doesn't matter since %'s are the King there. But in GAM's it's needed, Have you always wonder why even in PO/R the Vahra's shred High % Fire Armor like it's nothing lol. Oh the Test to see at what rate the stat's are for defensive one's are easy, Take in-game items that have a Hard number like Opal / Guard at 120 DFP and wear it, it should give about 56-58 point reduction in damage. So, if we do what the old formula say's and do it by 5 to 1 then 56-58x5 is 280-290 and not 120 which it is. But if we take the 56-58 and time's it by 2 it's 112-116 close but short, Reasons for that are static numbers between the character and enemy stat's which one can never overcome(you can even see it with a Lv. 1 Pannon ). hehe there are other things that support that reasoning like GAS 50 DFP for base upgrade ( the second lowest building stat Next to STA/END ). Aslo try it out when you Lv. up , it's easier at lower Lv's to keep track of but when you get 2 DFP you have 1 point of reduction, to bad it wasn't 1 for 1 lol.:):rappy: