PDA

View Full Version : Barba Ray/ Double Saber Advice

Pyro Leader
Apr 6, 2011, 07:25 PM
I'm a level 35 hucast I'd is whitell I want to get a double saber should I try and get one off of barber ray? If so my wepeons are booma claw+13 soul eater+9 and a railgun or varista will those be fine?? My amour had 3 slots. What should I add.

Ketchup345
Apr 6, 2011, 08:06 PM
Drop rates from bosses are usually decent, and much easier than most normal enemies.

Booma's Claw means you're a hunter:
Barba Ray is similar to De Rol Lie int hat is a multi-part boss fought on a raft. This means that a sword or partisan type for when it jumps on the raft would be a great weapon to bring along.

Pyro Leader
Apr 6, 2011, 08:16 PM
Would I be fine doing it easily?

Dongra
Apr 6, 2011, 09:56 PM
If you can beat De Rol Le on hard mode then you should have no trouble with Barba Ray.

DragonXGW
Apr 6, 2011, 10:49 PM
If you can manage to get a high level slicer, like the Diska of Liberator then get your power high enough to equip it (strength boosting units/mag/power materials) then Barba ray should be a joke to fight. Although it may be abit of a stretch for a level 35 to equip something with a 480 atp requirement. Hucasts would have the easiest time of that though.

Pyro Leader
Apr 7, 2011, 05:23 PM
I play offline so idk if that affects anything what about a rappy fan would that be fine?Also just got g assassin sabers to replace my boom
a claw just hit 40 today also and am able to use a rappy fan

Nitro Vordex
Apr 7, 2011, 07:42 PM
You'll be fine offline. Rappy Fan is okay but you might be able to find a better Slicer, Spinner or Cutter with some percents on it. G-Assassin's Sabers will do you good for a while. Try to use Normal->Heavy attack. Normal confirms hit, Heavy does two heavy hits and pushes enemy away, due to the animation. Obviously doesn't work on De Rol Le.

FoCaster
Apr 7, 2011, 09:07 PM
If you are looking for a multi-hit melee weapon, you can alternatively hunt for the Musashi from Hard mode's Dragon.

Pyro Leader
Apr 7, 2011, 09:59 PM
LOL I'm actualy doing that. Is it drop by the dragon or in the boxes?

Dongra
Apr 7, 2011, 11:14 PM
The Dragon itself drops it.

Pyro Leader
Apr 8, 2011, 01:22 AM
If I ran it 10 times would you say I'd get one by the time i ran it all 10?

Dongra
Apr 8, 2011, 01:50 AM
Maybe. It's based on random luck, I really cannot say that you would get one in 10 runs.

Raikomaru
Apr 8, 2011, 02:23 AM
Yea, it's random. In 10 runs you could get 0 or you could get 10.

DragonXGW
Apr 8, 2011, 11:17 AM
technically it's got a 1 in 22 chance of dropping from the dragon, but that stat doesn't take in pure dumb luck. you could get one on your first try, or you fight the dragon 100 times and never find one. but technically 1 in 22 is decent odds of you finding it fairly quickly. I'm not sure how many times it took me fighting the dragon, but I'd say it was atleast 20 times before I found one. Still... the EXP was decent XD

also, if you can equip a rappys fan then you would have absolutely no problem fighting barba ray.

Pyro Leader
Apr 8, 2011, 11:52 PM
What about the disk of lib? Is it better than the fan?

DragonXGW
Apr 9, 2011, 08:17 PM
Generally, the Diska of Liberator is better, it adds a boost to MST although it's ATA is slightly less than rappys fan.

for your hucast, rappys fan would probably be the better choice. probably the more humorous choice as well... big ol' robot... cute little fan... of death...

sCI
Apr 10, 2011, 11:51 PM
I think you should not waste your time and level up. Get to Ult and just hunt the Twin Brand. Double Sabre isn't very good since it's slow, so if you're going to use one, might as well be more powerful...heck if that's my point, might as well get a Demo Comet. :lol:

Raikomaru
Apr 11, 2011, 12:33 AM
Ideally, you'd want either Black King Bar, Double Cannon, or Girasole (in that order).

sCI
Apr 11, 2011, 12:55 AM
^Ideally, you want the path of least resistance. That is, the most gain with the least effort.

That path is the Demo Comet.

Neither of the three weapons you mention are at all proportionally advantageous to their difficulty to obtain. Not even close.
However all of this is OT and not helping the OP so forget it.

I was a Skyly and just spammed the "Soul of Steel" quest which has a G/Baranz in the first room until I got the Saber. Other than all of the dialog in the beginning of the quest(which drove me nuts), it was a breeze to get that weapon(...that I used only a handful of times).

Raikomaru
Apr 11, 2011, 01:22 AM
Demo Comet is the easiest, true, but Girasole is also very easy to get (but only if he plays online).

Rosaria
Apr 11, 2011, 04:43 AM
Dragon on almost any difficulty will give you a pair of dual sabers.

Given that you're level 40 it's probably better to run VH dragon and aim for a pair of Yamato which are very decent for offline play. The freeze special works quite often, allowing light-special-special against dangerous targets, and light-heavy-special against minor targets that won't die in one combo.

Although a problem is that dual saber attack speed is quite slow, and without G/Battle at least the risk of interruption is quite high. A pretty big problem for offline play.

Raikomaru
Apr 11, 2011, 05:06 AM
That's Twin Swords you're thinking of. Dual Sabers are things like BKB and Demo Comet.

Rosaria
Apr 11, 2011, 05:15 AM
He was mentioning running H dragon trying to get Musashi. I thought I'd just throw it out there.

Kaziel
Apr 11, 2011, 10:56 AM
Although a problem is that dual saber attack speed is quite slow, and without G/Battle at least the risk of interruption is quite high. A pretty big problem for offline play.

Ugh. What would I do without my X/Battles. D:

Personally I would stick to sabers/partisans/slicers without one. But that's just me.

SStrikerR
Apr 13, 2011, 07:43 PM
That's Twin Swords you're thinking of. Dual Sabers are things like BKB and Demo Comet.

No, they're double sabers. I'm pretty sure everybody knows what he means.

I'd recommend just fighting the dragon and hoping for musashi (hard mode) or Yamato (Very Hard) I enjoy twin swords more, and fighting the forest and the dragon is less time consuming than temple/barba ray.

Raikomaru
Apr 13, 2011, 08:21 PM
Oh, I was confusing "dual" with "double", my bad.