PDA

View Full Version : A bizarre but hilarious fact about PS0

A. Zerran
Apr 6, 2011, 07:33 PM
First of all, I'd like to say that I love this game. It's one of my favorite DS games. But anyways, I want to point out a very odd mistake that Sega made with this game. You have the option to fall in love with Sarisa, yes? Human and newman male characters will receive happiness and crap. Well, I beat the game recently as a male RAcast (which are awesome), and at the end of the credits, a blushing Sarisa was expressing her feelings towards me... = __ =
EHHHHH?! Erm...Sega...what is this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/Kooshmeister/Movie%20Deaths/300/300_messenger03.jpg
THIS IS MADNESS!

You know, since they put, supposedly, a lot of "effort" into their other Phantasy Star games, I think it only makes sense if they programmed to have different kinds of endings instead of having a little girl fall in love with a FREAKIN ROBOT!!! I know of course that casts are people like humans and newmans in a sense, but really? This doesn't make me love the game any less, it just...bothers me. I could only imagine what would happen if Sarisa says "I really want to be with you" *shudder* to a player if the player was a female character.. e_e Is this an anime esque that will have no...never mind. (But there are actually multiple endings. This one I didn't quite expect, thats all.)

Akaimizu
Apr 6, 2011, 07:54 PM
Look on the bright side. She could've decided to stay with a particular swamp area boss. I think the cast decision is a bit better, don't you think?

A. Zerran
Apr 6, 2011, 08:41 PM
... XD Oh god, that is messed up when I think about it. However, yes, I would have to agree on your point there. Octo Diablo...ugh...I hate that guy. But then what about Ana? She expresses feelings for you in some twisted way. Ok...we have an adult who likes the character. It makes sense, but what if you're a kid? And again, a female? e_e Ummm... do we have a lesbian pedophile in this game? (I'm sorry, but most newman females look a little like lesbian prostitutes to me. Sorry, my opinion. But I have nothing against newmans, and I think the design is still good. Its just that their sense of fashion is a bit...eh. I'm not flaming or anything, I swear. Newmans are awesome for their abilities, and casts are awesome for their parts and weapon efficiency. Humans are cool as far as the clothes and weapons go. But newman clothing is generally...odd. But if theres some kind of explanation to their clothing, I'll buy it.) So yeah. You're right. It's either Octo Diablo or my RAcast, Zandrock. By the way, Zandrock's personality and badass skills are based off of Captain Price from COD4 and COD MW2. :D But why would Sarisa fall in love with a badass like him? O_o As Ms Lindow put it, "I don't understand this at all". Whew, what a mouthful. Thats about it. Am I right, people?

Sinue_v2
Apr 6, 2011, 09:28 PM
I think it only makes sense if they programmed to have different kinds of endings instead of having a little girl fall in love with a FREAKIN ROBOT!!!

What's wrong with her falling in love with a robot? Never heard of a dildo before? Now imagine one programmed to basically be human in it's behavior and emotions, and one with a job that pays the bills and picks up the check.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/Proposition_Infinity.png

Yeah.

Besides, it's not like the groundwork for it wasn't already laid by Ethan and Mikaris Geid in PSU. The only thing that's apparently a barrier is the inability to have children, and to be honest, bringing some real world understanding of brain emulation/A.I., neuroscience, and tissue/genetic engineering... that's not entirely out of the question, theoretically.

it just...bothers me. I could only imagine what would happen if Sarisa says "I really want to be with you" *shudder* to a player if the player was a female character..

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/demotivational-posters-acceptance.jpg

A. Zerran
Apr 6, 2011, 09:49 PM
Ok ok...I get it. But I didn't say there was anything wrong with lesbians. Gay and lesbian people are a daily part of life, and that's fine. But I'm surprised that Sega included such factors in a kids game. I mean...it's rated E10, but it's still kind of a kids game. I wasn't expecting factors of that kind of realism in that game. So anyway, sorry for not seeing that point you made there, Sinue_v2. But Sarisa is a kid. Why fall in love with Zandrock, a very bulky RAcast? My point is, my character was not the compassionate type, and the idea of Zandrock <3's Sarisa is very disturbing, even with your point made. Once again, thank you for making your point, and sorry for not seeing it.

Neo Flint
Apr 6, 2011, 10:47 PM
I mean...it's rated E10, but it's still kind of a kids game.

Ever played "Shadow the Hedgehog?" Lot's of realistic guns and several occasions of Shadow (and most other characters) say the word "damn"? :roll:

Also, you'll never guess which one I picked on your poll... <3

A. Zerran
Apr 6, 2011, 11:53 PM
I saw who you picked. Haha...that did not cross my mind.
And I'm sorry to break it to you, but that game doesn't exactly count, despite being a good game. You have a point there though, but listen, I have a request for you all. Look at the back of the box of PS0 and read the rating labels and whatever. It says E10, as well as Mild Suggestive Themes and Fantasy Violence. What you don't see is "Use of Sexual Orientation". I know, thats not real, but that's what I see.

Also, Ms Lindow somehow is in love with your character (A secretary? -.o How arousing).
Now Sinue_v2, how do you 'hit' that? You made your point with the whole male robot to female organic, but what about male organic to female robot? She's not an android with organs...er...yeah...
And another thing. I've already praised this game several times, so I don't want anyone to be under the impression that I hate this game, I'm just pointing out my opinions.
(Nuuu, I don't want to be horribly burnt in a flame war!!!)
I'm sorry if these opinions seem out of place and/or bias. It wasn't intended to be so. I'm just trying to be funny. I just felt like pointing it out. Please, no more nitpicking.

yoshiblue
Apr 7, 2011, 02:10 AM
Well they were built in the past and awoke years later. Maybe they thought ahead?

A. Zerran
Apr 7, 2011, 06:04 PM
...Oh god, I just had a nasty image in my mind...(Kinky?) Jk.

Ok. I think this topic can be closed now. I'd like to keep my humility and sanity...you people want to as well, don't you?
Besides, this topic has seen enough. *sigh* I really don't want to look like a total idiot.

yoshiblue
Apr 7, 2011, 07:31 PM
Just seeking knowledge is all. As said, its a kid game with somewhat mature content in the mist. Who knows what they were like back then(game wise).