PDA

View Full Version : Should pso 2 have a sub title?

lostinseganet
Apr 15, 2011, 09:07 AM
Some many just like Phantasy Star Online 2 some many want to see a little more artsy wording. How about you? What are your feeling on this subject and what are your ideas for a subtitle. Also try to explain your thinking behind the subtitle. Perhaps a paragraph with the basic premise. Just try not to write a novel :)

Biolizard13
Apr 15, 2011, 09:38 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Worlds
or something like that :-P

Wayu
Apr 15, 2011, 10:04 AM
Catch lines are fine, as long as they work well in context with the game.

Subtitle...not too sure about that but once again, if it works.

FYI, for those who might get confused (I was at first), by catch-phrase I mean a line that's not part of the title but is still included as the main introductory sentence or something.

Take FFXIII's catch phrase for example: "The Battle Within Begins..."

Subtitle in my context means something directly connected to the title, like in many series like Call of Duty (ex. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2).

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
Apr 15, 2011, 11:11 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if PSO2 was just a temporary title, even though they already have that simple looking graphic design for it...

Though that'd discourage the PSO purists even more...
/trollface

I'm pretty sure if there was a subtitle, that go with something typically wannabe english that only a japanese company would make up as usual.

Pantashi Suta 2: SEVEN STAR DISTANCE DESU!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 15, 2011, 05:08 PM
Only if it is something as ridiculously overblown as the original series' subtitles. I mean, seriously. Generations of Doom? The End of the Millennium? Yeah ok.

Zarode
Apr 16, 2011, 01:35 AM
Only if it is something as ridiculously overblown as the original series' subtitles. I mean, seriously. Generations of Doom? The End of the Millennium? Yeah ok.

The End of the Fiscal Millennium.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 16, 2011, 01:55 AM
I don't really care either way, since some of my favorite games have had some pretty ridiculous sub titles. After all, I don't buy games based on what names are attached to it.

Chaobo99
Apr 16, 2011, 03:26 PM
Phantasy Star Online 2: The Real Final Phantasy (x.x; )

Broken_L_button
Apr 16, 2011, 03:49 PM
Because of the amount of fanservice steadily rising in the PSU series this seems the most appropriate for now:

Fantashi Suta Onlainu 2: Raizu ov za pantsu

Tetsaru
Apr 16, 2011, 05:48 PM
Hoping it'll be something better than the following:

Phantasy Star Online 2: Hopefully We Won't Fuck This Up

Phantasy Star Online 2: Segac's Revenge

Phantasy Star Online 2: Japan Still Doesn't Care About You

Phantasy Star Online 2: Segregated Servers and Content

Phantasy Star Online 2: Nerfing Forces All Over Again

Phantasy Star Online 2: Return of the White Beast

Phantasy Star Online 2: Synthing and Grinding Is Frustrating as Hell

Phantasy Star Online 2: The Rollback

Phantasy Star Online 2: Baka Gaijin Desu Uguu Kawaii Oppai Pantsu Happy Fun Time Yeah Okay!

NoiseHERO
Apr 16, 2011, 09:10 PM
Phantasy Star Online 2: Hopefully We Won't Fuck This Up

I dunno, this one sounds promising.

RemiusTA
Apr 16, 2011, 10:37 PM
Phantasy Star Online 2: Baka Gaijin no get updates desu

fixed

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 17, 2011, 08:23 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2: The Rollback

I want to change my vote to this lmao.

Purple Lamplight
Apr 19, 2011, 06:29 PM
Phantasy star online 2: Rise Of The Subtle Subtitle

RemiusTA
Apr 19, 2011, 11:39 PM
Rollback lolool i missed that one

BIG OLAF
Apr 19, 2011, 11:42 PM
No. No subtitle. That would be stupid. Having the title be just Phantasy Star Online 2 has more intensity.

Ishia
Apr 19, 2011, 11:44 PM
No. No subtitle. That would be stupid. Having the title be just Phantasy Star Online 2 has more intensity.

And is less retarded.

BIG OLAF
Apr 19, 2011, 11:47 PM
And is less retarded.

Yes. That should go without saying.

RemiusTA
Apr 19, 2011, 11:50 PM
Yeah there's no reason for a subtitle.

If anything, a subtitle suggests they're working hard on the storyline. And that will only always end bad for Sega.

PSO proved less is best. I'd prefer to uncover the story as i play than to have them try to feed it to me like an anime / movie / FFXIII.

Vashyron
Apr 20, 2011, 02:45 AM
It may end up with one, may just be me, but that 2 on a red box seems off.

Personally I don't care.

Corey Blue
Apr 20, 2011, 06:07 AM

Personally I don't care.

Mass Effect!!

Josko
Apr 22, 2011, 12:51 PM
Phantasy Star Online 2: Renegades of Phunk.

RemiusTA
Apr 22, 2011, 12:56 PM

Personally I don't care.

I think thats because the PSO2 logo was really just the PSO logo with a cheep red "2" box on it.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 22, 2011, 01:42 PM
The logo looks fine.

NoiseHERO
Apr 22, 2011, 03:48 PM
Phantasy Star Online 2: Renegades of Phunk.

Yes, please god yes.

/Continues blasting Disco and French House on my photon powered space ship bachelor pad

moorebounce
May 1, 2011, 10:09 PM
Phantasy Star Online 2 says it all. It's like Phantasy Star Universe never happened. Although there was some good that came from PSU there was a lot of bad that came from it too.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 2, 2011, 12:09 AM
The worst thing that came from PSU was all the people whining about how awful they thought the game was compared to PSO.

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 12:13 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2: NOT Phantasy Star Online 1 HD.

moorebounce
May 2, 2011, 01:32 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2: NOT Phantasy Star Online 1 HD.

If some of the people here had their way it would be Phantasy Star Online 1 HD. That would suck hairy bean bags for sure.

Hentai_Kittie
May 2, 2011, 02:57 AM
The logo looks fine.

If some of the people here had their way it would be Phantasy Star Online 1 HD. That would suck hairy bean bags for sure.

This so much. My friends can't help but talk about "the glory days of PSO" whenever i'm playing PSP2. It gets old... I want progress in my PS gamez!

Also, i dispise the photoshopped "2" on the logo. Thought the game was fake when it was announced and i brushed it off. x.x

I do like the subtitle "reptile masticator" though. This game is supposed to be about survivle and all.
~LG Slate!

Genoa
May 2, 2011, 03:06 AM
Since it's for the PC, it's bound to have some form of expansion (hopefully). So perhaps there will be subtitles to come over time.
Personally I wouldn't mind a subtitle even for the original simply because it might be confusing in searches and what not with people thinking you're talking about PSO Episode II.
We'll see though. Regardless of what it will be, Pretty sure I'm still going to play the f*** out of it >_>

IceGreg
May 2, 2011, 03:23 AM
No. I think Phantasy Star Online 2 is a good game title. Nothing else needed.

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 03:28 AM
@Special K: You mean like PSO Epi. 3: C.A.R.D Revolution, PSU: AotI, PSO: Blue Burst, and PSP2: Infinity? Yeah I can see that working. But of course, this would be for any expansions.

As for the main game, PSO2 is good enough.

Genoa
May 2, 2011, 03:50 AM
I think because of how many different phantasy stars they have made in the past 10 years... keeping it at PSO2 is probably the only way you can get the point across that "hey, this isn't a new type of phantasty star, this is straight-up a continuation from Phantasy Star Online"

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 09:25 AM
unless they say PSO2: PSU2. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 10:08 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode 1. :D