PDA

View Full Version : What class will YOU play?

Pages : [1] 2

Chaobo99
Apr 16, 2011, 03:29 PM
As the different Phantasy Star games come out, I typically see the same players again starting off their venture trying a different class. What class will you choose to start off as this time around? Let's exclude hybrid classes.

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 16, 2011, 03:41 PM
Excluding hybrid classes I would have to say Hunter. Or maybe Ranger.

Seth Astra
Apr 16, 2011, 03:46 PM
Hunter. I always prefer melee to guns or techs.

NoiseHERO
Apr 16, 2011, 03:51 PM
Whichever class is the speedy/ninja-like class.

But that'd most likely be under hunter somewhere.

Guns usually look cool, and Techs are nice and flashy, and I usually end up liking all the weapons to some extent. But I don't feel right unless I'm kicking something in the face.

Zyrusticae
Apr 16, 2011, 04:09 PM
Unless they do something to make forces and rangers drastically more fun, I'll always be a hunter 'til the end of my days.

Randomness
Apr 16, 2011, 04:51 PM
Guns usually look cool, and Techs are nice and flashy, and I usually end up liking all the weapons to some extent. But I don't feel right unless I'm kicking something in the face.

This. Though, frankly, the dam- techs in PSU sure felt like you were kicking them in the face.

I tend to gravitate towards HUnewearl style play. I don't like being pure melee.

Milla
Apr 16, 2011, 04:56 PM
Force. >.>

Nitro Vordex
Apr 16, 2011, 05:08 PM
Highly depends on how the gameplay will be. Probably start out as a Hunter, just to get a feel for it, then maybe a Force. Ranger might be last, but it might be before Force. Won't know until we actually see some details.

Tetsaru
Apr 16, 2011, 05:21 PM
Ranger for me. Gotta have a Cast wielding some ridiculously huge gun. :wacko:

lostinseganet
Apr 16, 2011, 09:24 PM
When pso for the dreamcast came out I was hooked on the slayers anime with lina inverse. I wanted to be a wizard. I walso wanted to fight using a sword. I was saying melee force on the dreamcast before it was cool. I still remember the hate and discrimination. Forces were meant to be support, and noting else they would say...lol

Aumi
Apr 16, 2011, 09:29 PM
Assuming that they're as awesome as in PSO, PSZ or PSPo2i, I'll make a ranger, preferably the closest I can get to a RAcaseal.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Apr 16, 2011, 09:39 PM
probably whichever one i think looks the coolest, so i won't know until we at least get some concept art

AlexCraig
Apr 16, 2011, 09:45 PM
Most likely Hunter with Ranger on one of my other characters.

BIG OLAF
Apr 16, 2011, 09:47 PM
I'm always hard-hitting melee classes in every RPG I play. I find pea-shooting and spell-flinging to be insufficient for my urges to smash and destroy everything that moves.

Chaobo99
Apr 16, 2011, 09:51 PM
Back in Dreamcast days, I was always a HUmar.. I also started as a RAmarl in GC(simply because the way she held the pistol was so revolutionary XD!) ...it was later that I ventured into the realm of the techers and had fun with it. SO i've definately have had several changes of hearts.

I play all classes but... techer forever m(_ _)m

RemiusTA
Apr 16, 2011, 10:34 PM
Fo fo life homie

If they return to classes, i'd also give Ramarl another playthrough. But only if she still has that kickass gangsta Handgun animation.

Lets hope this game is on Sega's "beautiful as fuck" graphics list. With some Unleashed/Sonic Colors quality PC animation, i'd kill to see some next-gen Gifoie/rafoie/gibarta spam again.

And no, not PSU's Gifoie (although lv 40/50 looked pretty neat). Im talkin room-sized swirling fireballs dammit.

NoiseHERO
Apr 16, 2011, 10:52 PM
^
I better be able to jump 20 yards and teabag dragons before snapping their necks if you're gettin'g room sized explosions. ]:

Chaobo99
Apr 16, 2011, 11:39 PM
^
Phantasy star characters gotta learn to jump first. xD

RemiusTA
Apr 16, 2011, 11:49 PM
Gifoie spanned like, the entire room at max level. Rafoie's damage radius ACTUALLY EXCEEDED ITS GRAPHIC. You know. Like real explosions do. They're explosions. The fire isn't what evaporates you. It's the shockwave.

and

^
If PS characters learn to jump, my Force BETTER learn to fly :D

Or at least float.

Or maybe not. Nevermind :/

Broken_L_button
Apr 16, 2011, 11:56 PM
Most likely Force. And then maybe hunter for a bit. But Force again. And then...Maybe a bit of ranger for the big gun factor. But then...That still doesn't beat fireworks, so I'll still end up playing a Force no matter what.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 16, 2011, 11:57 PM
Being a man of the sword, I've always aimed towards the melee route, although I have played all classes, Hunter is still the one for me.

There's Hunters, and then there's PS Hunters!

NoiseHERO
Apr 17, 2011, 12:37 AM
Gifoie spanned like, the entire room at max level. Rafoie's damage radius ACTUALLY EXCEEDED ITS GRAPHIC. You know. Like real explosions do. They're explosions. The fire isn't what evaporates you. It's the shockwave.

and

^

Or at least float.

I angry jabroni- I mean angra jabroga is good enough... for PSU at least. e_e

But I really do find guns to have a good chunk of the coolest weapons. Hopefully ranger will be fun this time.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 17, 2011, 01:08 AM

and

^

Or at least float.

I'd settle for simple combat based teleportation spell.

Oh and naturally Force ^.-

RemiusTA
Apr 17, 2011, 01:21 AM
i'd settle for magic that is not trash and changes form more than 4 times the whole game freaking game

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 17, 2011, 01:33 AM
I agree fully. Though I still think it's sad that it's gotten so bad that we have to "settle" for anything. PSU's tech system was a complete joke, and if they use a similar system then I'll probably end up skipping this game altogether.

Shadownami92
Apr 17, 2011, 01:49 AM
I'll go as a Force as long as it's easy enough to feel like I'm needed/am an asset to me team.

Twas hard to do starting off in the first Portable.

But overall I like to go as a Battle Force, as long as they have enough melee weapons I can use as a Force, and hopefully I won't have to bind spells to any weapons.

Crystal_Shard
Apr 17, 2011, 02:26 AM
Force. Nuff' said.

Never ever started a PS online game with anything other than a force character. ^_^

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 17, 2011, 02:53 AM
I want something between Hunter and Force, something that doesn't suck like Wartecher did though.

Tetsaru
Apr 17, 2011, 02:54 AM
i'd settle for magic that is not trash and changes form more than 4 times the whole game freaking game

That, and doesn't cause the game to lag because it can't handle the animations being spammed... :rolleyes:

darkante
Apr 17, 2011, 03:18 AM
Ranger, i prefer long distance sniping.
And mechguns if there are some. :P

Racast if those exist.

Zarode
Apr 17, 2011, 03:48 AM
Probably something-caseal (female robot).

Wayu
Apr 17, 2011, 04:38 AM
It depends on the later "higher tier" classes. Whichever starting class will help me get to whatever has the highest EVP will do, which is either Ranger or Force.

Vote abstained.

-Wayu

Chaobo99
Apr 17, 2011, 03:33 PM
My hope at the very least is balance between the classes. Rangers should never DIRECTLY outdamage a Hunter(excluding individual skill), except through maybe DoT *cough*PSU*cough*. And techers should definately have a heavy advantage on elemental damage, non-suppressive aoe, and sheer larger but slower numbers, unless that techer is near full-support. Though, every point of extra damage shifta does for the 3-5 other players in your party should count as a techer's damage XD.

yoshiblue
Apr 17, 2011, 03:37 PM
As always, I will be the guy in the back row.

Vashyron
Apr 17, 2011, 03:40 PM
If Hybrids Hunter/Ranger.

If not Hunter.

HUcast_Josh
Apr 17, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hunter, any day. Unless I get a huge ass gun or a super high level tech, than it's hunter for me.

Kent
Apr 17, 2011, 06:52 PM
Well, hopefully, "hybrids" won't be separate character classes, but rather, a type and race combination of the three pillars of the PSO class system.

If that's the case, then Force or Hunter (among those, whichever combination is closest to a hybrid between the two on either side). If not... Well, I'd hope there were hybrid classes of some sort, because there are those of us that just don't really enjoy "pure" gameplay.

MAXrobo
Apr 18, 2011, 09:14 PM
If they let me, ill go back to my Cast techer from PSU :P

If not then RAcast or the closest thing to it. just cant beat a big giant robot with even bigger gun!

FOkyasuta
Apr 18, 2011, 10:06 PM
HUcast all the way(If theres none i guess i could settle with a HUmar... Or maybe try starting out with a FO for once...)

Unless theirs space for four characters, then I'll just make them all.

Randomness
Apr 18, 2011, 10:35 PM
My hope at the very least is balance between the classes. Rangers should never DIRECTLY outdamage a Hunter(excluding individual skill), except through maybe DoT *cough*PSU*cough*. And techers should definately have a heavy advantage on elemental damage, non-suppressive aoe, and sheer larger but slower numbers, unless that techer is near full-support. Though, every point of extra damage shifta does for the 3-5 other players in your party should count as a techer's damage XD.

Your post was fine until the last sentence. If we use that metric, techs can't be allowed to do any damage at all.

Seriously, you realize how absurd it is when you whip up something like level 80 S/D in PSO, right? (Okay, admittedly, that's from a PB chain, but the point of S/D's power stands) Your characters should grow in size akin to the Giant's Mask when you pull that off. Seriously.

Chaobo99
Apr 19, 2011, 12:26 AM
Doing more damage doesn't grant any bonus to anything at all except speeding up the mission obviously(though, it would be cool to see total damage done as an individual person after every mission, but that's really only for bragging rights ._.; ). But on a technical level, without that techer's s/d in play, that extra damage would never exist at all.

Arkios
Apr 19, 2011, 10:32 PM
RAmar.

lostinseganet
Apr 20, 2011, 04:18 AM
I'm always hard-hitting melee classes in every RPG I play. I find pea-shooting and spell-flinging to be insufficient for my urges to smash and destroy everything that moves.
I wish they made forces like this, and we both would be happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZySNXLnCtQ

Maybe a little less power.

This would be cool for ranger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S50SRtPxT34&feature=related

And hunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZaDG7EjKg&feature=relmfu

a bit depowered too.

Mags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOnjqP86dRY

Biolizard13
Apr 20, 2011, 09:32 AM
Mechs are delicious and Rifles are awesome (Partisans too if they have any monsters similar to those dammed Satellite lizards >_>; )

So Ranger like always :-P

Akaimizu
Apr 20, 2011, 10:05 AM
Wow. I'm glad someone else knows what Otogi 2 was. Man I loved that series on Xbox. One of those hidden gems that nobody really paid attention to.

I'll have to see what the classes are, first. Obviously, Hunter will be easy-mode as always. They believe the one who carries the sword plain rules everything. PSO2 will do nothing to lower the obvious blade romance a tad. It's a cultural thing.

I always enjoyed the hybrids, in gameplay, but if they have them, I doubt they'll do them justice. I've been thinking of going back to my original roots and doing the Force thing. Still, there's so little information now, and that is plain insufficient for me to make a choice right now. Choosing now, and I have no idea if the choice will suck or not.

KodiaX987
Apr 20, 2011, 10:36 AM
FOcast.

Just try to stop me.

Vintasticvin
Apr 20, 2011, 11:47 AM
I loved the FOmar's robe (Kinda gave me that samurai looking feel) >__> I ove Forces but nowadays Im looking to mix my tehs with melee. But yes Im going with force.... again?

NoiseHERO
Apr 20, 2011, 12:41 PM
Hope they keep whatever weapon(and or no weapon) goes into the matrial arts concept...

I can easily say without guilt that I hated fists in PSU because even though they got some cool PA's later in game, they just looked like...

fukken sock'em boppers...

It's almost disturbing how relevant this image is
http://ui25.gamespot.com/792/sockemsmoove_2.jpg
Though I heard fists in PSO sucked too, so yeah don't f it up sega.

Sienna
Apr 20, 2011, 12:49 PM
Ranger OP

Taural
Apr 23, 2011, 12:42 PM
FOnewm, would be good to pick this class up again :-)

NoiseHERO
Apr 23, 2011, 02:18 PM
I miss fonewm's almost perfect afro, why was it so hard for them to do it again in PSU...

Why do my characters have to be white...D:

Neo Flint
Apr 23, 2011, 02:45 PM
Ranger all the way. Followed by forces (as long as they're not overpowered like in PSZ). I'm really not that fond of the hunter class because of their repetitive gameplay. Hitting enemies up to three times with an occasional PA. Rence and repeat. :/

rezakon
Apr 24, 2011, 05:11 AM
Most probably ranger as my first class, the aiming in this version looks to be fun ^_^

Wayu
Apr 24, 2011, 05:13 AM
After seeing that gameplay video, honestly it seems that any class will be fine. I'm waiting to see if they have a "braver" class again or not, though.

If not, I'm definitely having one of everything.

-Wayu

ChronoTrigga
Apr 24, 2011, 05:15 AM
Force class if its anything like the ranger class. If not, going with my revival of Seripa the ranger. Hopefully there will be a beast race.

Wayu
Apr 24, 2011, 05:36 AM
BTW, the PSO2 group: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=318

-Wayu

Neith
Apr 24, 2011, 06:39 AM
I'm waiting to see more of each class; I think its way too early to decide yet. Ranger gameplay looked fun though.

Hrith
Apr 24, 2011, 10:33 AM
I cannot imagine myself not playing ranger, obviously.

Dana
Apr 24, 2011, 10:56 AM
I was born a ranger, and I will die a ranger, then I will be reversered by a FOrce and die again as a ranger!!!!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 24, 2011, 11:02 AM
Judging from the gameplay footage, it looks like rangers might not be unbearably boring this time around.

I'll still play support/melee techer, though, presuming it is an option.

Dragwind
Apr 24, 2011, 11:05 AM
I'm guessing we'll be seeing a spike of people suddenly saying "ranger!" for a while now.

As much as I love ranger too, I think I'll be sticking to a melee/techer if possible.

RenzokukenZ
Apr 24, 2011, 11:10 AM
I'll still stick to swinging a giant sword around and fly as I do an air-combo.

GHNeko
Apr 24, 2011, 11:24 AM
See user title.

Vashyron
Apr 24, 2011, 11:45 AM
After seeing video, still feel the same. (Hunter/Ranger hybrid, or if no hybrids, Hunter.)

PIT
Apr 24, 2011, 01:49 PM
Definately ranger. I started as a ranger, always had a ranger main char, used mainly hunters in meh PSU games, but now rangers will play just as I like playing team video games - support gunner.

Ketchup345
Apr 24, 2011, 04:01 PM
Probably ranger, possibly force. If they have a class like the RAmarl, where you can cast decent support techs, melee decently, and be great with guns, probably my fist choice again.

I never was a huge fan of pure melee.

ChronoTrigga
Apr 24, 2011, 04:01 PM
Please have gun photon arts, please have gun photon arts... Phantasy Star Zero was awesome just because rangers got photon arts.

Zyrusticae
Apr 24, 2011, 04:04 PM
Well, it looks like rangers might actually be fun to play now...

But I'm still going to be an axe-wielding Newman hunter. Assuming axes are in (and they damn well better be!).

Zarode
Apr 24, 2011, 04:07 PM
Please have gun photon arts, please have gun photon arts... Phantasy Star Zero was awesome just because rangers got photon arts.

Infinity did gun Photon arts also. Some of them were pretty fun to use.

Chaobo99
Apr 24, 2011, 04:17 PM
Rangers do seem to play the offensive support role quite well now from what i've seen, doing the DoT ranged damage and avoiding the enemy(perhaps they take a significant amount more damage then before?).
Hunters yet again, definately seem to be the meat of the party, pushing the enemies back as they should be.
Unfortunately, even though the gameplay footage was of a 4-man party, I did not see the techer role into play(offensive or support).

Aumi
Apr 24, 2011, 05:08 PM
Well, having seen the trailer, RAcaseal is still my number one choice. Hunter is quite tempting, too, though.

Xefi
Apr 24, 2011, 05:11 PM
Ranger. *bang bang...pew pew...boom boom*

JC10001
Apr 24, 2011, 08:17 PM
Ranger, definitely.

batfax
Apr 24, 2011, 08:33 PM
Back when I was a FOmarl all day every day. So likely that. However, since I've yet to see gameplay of force, I can't possibly say. So far ranger looks the most interesting.

Ark22
Apr 24, 2011, 08:35 PM
Force because we all will need force support.Plus with the Random event generator,we totally need good forces who buff and Boon the buffs 24/7 while attacking

Soul Guardian
Apr 24, 2011, 08:38 PM
Hunter, because I happen to like using double sabers a good deal. Those and twin daggers.

Kyokyono
Apr 24, 2011, 09:51 PM
Aaah, totally Force. Love me some big techs to blow up some mobs. <3 And healing, I like being a helper. ^___^

Ark22
Apr 24, 2011, 09:55 PM
Aaah, totally Force. Love me some big techs to blow up some mobs. <3 And healing, I like being a helper. ^___^

Gets annoying when people whine like...SHIFTA ME..or HEAL ME!
It's cool and all but some people just get arrogant.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 24, 2011, 09:59 PM
Yeah man, I hate it when people expect you to play your class properly! What nerve!

Ark22
Apr 24, 2011, 10:04 PM
I boon Shifta and Deband in my party but some people are really irritating.It's like me saying hey take out a sword and kill that group now switch to a dagger so you have better DPS for that enemy.Gets reaalllllyy annoying.

Ishia
Apr 24, 2011, 10:06 PM
I boon Shifta and Deband in my party but some people are really irritating.It's like me saying hey take out a sword and kill that group now switch to a dagger so you have better DPS for that enemy.Gets reaalllllyy annoying.

Except no one ever does that.

Ark22
Apr 24, 2011, 10:08 PM
I played PSO since DC,I have been in parties like that,and it frequently gets annoying,but I still do my job,just hate people telling me how to do it(unless I just started the game)

Ishia
Apr 24, 2011, 10:08 PM
I've played the original PSO too. Never happened to me nor had any of my friends complain about something similar.

Niloklives
Apr 25, 2011, 01:50 AM

No it's like telling a hunter "equip a weapon and fight, stop picking up the drops and help draw aggro so I don't get stampeded." Telling you to S/D is nowhere close to micromanaging and when you meet a ton of forces that intentionally avoid support techs because they just dont feel like it, or they want to spite the hunters and rangers, it gets pretty ridiculous.

After you have to politely ask people why they don't have any form of support techs in their PA list and they tell you to suck it up and buff yourself 50 times, you start to get a little impatient with the people who seem to only support when they feel like it.

I've played every class there is and I'm not saying i did it perfectly but I always did my best to play the class to it's strengths. Point is if you're complaining that people were telling you to buff them too often, it's probably cause you weren't buffing them enough.

That said, I'm going with something melee or ranged to start, but since classes haven't been outlined beyond that, I'm withholding judgment til I have more information.

Shadownami92
Apr 25, 2011, 02:01 AM
Dude isn't being a support character all about people saying "BUFF ME!" "HEAL ME!"?

Granted most of the time I would just buff my party whenever I say that the spells were wearing off. Most people wouldn't mention needing it but they would say thanks after.

And if that annoys you I would hate to see your reaction to playing as a Medic in Team Fortress 2. "MEEEEDDDDIIIIIICCCC!!!!!"

SephirothXer0
Apr 25, 2011, 02:05 AM
Personally I don't care much about getting buffs, so I don't complain much that way. My friend I play with is a Ranger and he'll randomly S/D when he wants to and I appreciate it, but I don't bug him for it. Hell, most of the time he's yelling at me "Get back here so I can shifta you!"

I guess I'm just so used to playing solo cast.

And I'll more than likely be playing HUcast again, with a Beast Hunter or RAmar on the side.

bns1991
Apr 25, 2011, 10:44 AM
I voted for hunter because since the original PSO on Dreamcast I have always started with the HUmar. I like the look of the rangers in this game so I might start off with them. I plan on playing all the classes though.

RadiantLegend
Apr 25, 2011, 11:35 AM
HUcast / RAmar / Indecisive 3rd

Lance813
Apr 25, 2011, 12:46 PM
I picked Force, but I'm going to make a HUnewearl first. My FOmar will come shortly after...

I wonder how they are gonna balance techs and advantages between the force classes...

Anduril
Apr 25, 2011, 12:52 PM
Most likely Ranger or Force. I've just never been a fan of Hunters, probably becuase I'm just not the kind of person who runs into the fray to begin with.

Zarode
Apr 25, 2011, 12:56 PM
Knowing my friends... Probably Ranger. My best bid will go Hunter, his girlfriend support force, and our good friend will go Attack Force. Pretty balanced.

And yes, I know I already replied, but that was before the video.

Ark22
Apr 25, 2011, 03:30 PM
No it's like telling a hunter "equip a weapon and fight, stop picking up the drops and help draw aggro so I don't get stampeded." Telling you to S/D is nowhere close to micromanaging and when you meet a ton of forces that intentionally avoid support techs because they just dont feel like it, or they want to spite the hunters and rangers, it gets pretty ridiculous.

After you have to politely ask people why they don't have any form of support techs in their PA list and they tell you to suck it up and buff yourself 50 times, you start to get a little impatient with the people who seem to only support when they feel like it.

I've played every class there is and I'm not saying i did it perfectly but I always did my best to play the class to it's strengths. Point is if you're complaining that people were telling you to buff them too often, it's probably cause you weren't buffing them enough.

That said, I'm going with something melee or ranged to start, but since classes haven't been outlined beyond that, I'm withholding judgment til I have more information.

To boon (By FF Standards) means to overcast,So basically they still have shift and deband I just refresh it.So I did use it alot xD

Skye-Fox713
Apr 25, 2011, 06:40 PM
Ramarl all day every day. If beasts are in for PSO2 RAbeastal all day every day

Getsuga
Apr 26, 2011, 07:09 AM
Hubeast all day.

And I best be jumpin' higher than the other races. o: It'd be pretty messed up if growing up on the annoying, Vanda-infested, craphole that Moatoob is did nothin' for my hops.

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 26, 2011, 09:17 AM
Hubeast all day.

And I best be jumpin' higher than the other races. o: It'd be pretty messed up if growing up on the annoying, Vanda-infested, craphole that Moatoob is did nothin' for my hops.

Moatoob? In PSO2?

Wrong Game.

Athorian
Apr 26, 2011, 01:18 PM
I have alot of memories from playing PSO back in the day as a HUmar. So I gotta stick to em, I got to say tho that the ranger looks like it will be a lot more interesting than it used to be.

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2011, 01:36 PM
Now that I think about it...

newmans, beast and casts...

Don't ALL of the worlds technically have to be connected for them to all have the same race names?

/facepalm

Nah I don't even wanna go into the backstory...

Niloklives
Apr 26, 2011, 02:09 PM
considering all of them are human constructs and not races with a native planet, who gives a shit what the back story is this time? they exist.

ARChan
Apr 26, 2011, 05:45 PM
Maybe I'll be a RAmarl. Who knows? They might make them look even more awesome :D

Crazyleo
Apr 26, 2011, 05:57 PM
If given a chance to play this game, I'll try it out as a ranger. If that's not to my liking, then I'll switch to a hunter type class.

Mystil
Apr 28, 2011, 03:53 PM
IF it will be brought back... see sig =p.

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 28, 2011, 04:03 PM
If you check my info of PSO and PSU you'll see that I like to play with almost all classes/types.
I voted Hunter on a whim but also 'cause I like melee stuff when starting. After wacthing that video with some gameplay I'm now more inclined to Ranger. We know Rangers have a TPS control system and if you can use the classic control scheme of a PC TPS (W, A, S, D + mouse), I think I might start as a Ranger this time. Though I still need to see how Forces are on PSO2 to completely decide.

t3hVeG
Apr 28, 2011, 04:06 PM
Too early to tell considering we don't even know what classes will be available, though there better be at least 4+ to choose from.

Itoshi
Apr 28, 2011, 04:12 PM
Too early to tell considering we don't even know what classes will be available, though there better be at least 4+ to choose from.

What makes you say 4 plus? If anything, I feel like they're hinting back at Hunter/Ranger/Force.

relentless
Apr 28, 2011, 04:17 PM
What makes you say 4 plus? If anything, I feel like they're hinting back at Hunter/Ranger/Force.

He said 4 plus because he would like to see 4 plus classes? I agree it will probably be those 3 classes though... but with enough possibilities to be versatile and 'unique' that it is almost like having different sub-classes when setting up your character. Or so I hope. I'm still dying to see some Force l33t.

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 28, 2011, 04:20 PM
Well maybe something similar to PSPo2 where you have Hunter, Ranger, Force and Vanguard.

acidOD
Apr 28, 2011, 04:41 PM
I'd start with hunter or whatever the melee heavy job/class ends up being :bash:

D-Gold
Apr 28, 2011, 04:49 PM
Ranger Class

moorebounce
May 1, 2011, 09:47 PM
I like the power you have as a hunter but like the weapons a ranger gets. SO I'll be going Ranger first.

FEI LEE
May 1, 2011, 09:52 PM
When pso for the dreamcast came out I was hooked on the slayers anime with lina inverse.

Same here :-P Istarted watching that around the time I started playing.

It's gonna be ranger for me. Hope they capitalize on vantage points for rangers since characters can jnow jump. That would make the game much more enjoyable itself for me.

MidiPour
I'm probably going to keep my tradition of focusing with a FOnewmn, unless the FOcast wins me over. However, the third-person ranger gameplay footage looks like fun. I'll probably also try a Hunter, but just to get a feel for the different classes.

Orange_Coconut
For me, it depends on the setup. If they go the route of PSO where a race/class combo was the entire class, then I may be a Hunter or a Force. However, if Hunters are limited to level 15 techs and the max turns out to be 30 in this game, then I'm not sure I'd want to pick Hunters. Also, it's not known yet as to whether or not there will be an offline mode and, if there is, if the character I play with online will be able to be played with offline.

With a myriad of variables that are just too vast and too vague at the moment, it's really hard to figure out which class I'd like to be. Assuming the system is similar to or exactly like PSO, then I'd say either Hunter or Force with more of an inclination to pick Force. More specifically, I'd probably play a FOnewearl, since that was my first class in PSO.

DeltaLeaf
May 2, 2011, 12:01 AM
I'd be the class that gives off the atmosphere of being the most speedy, which would prolly be under the hunter section, so I guess I'd be the hunter

Genoa
May 2, 2011, 03:13 AM
I will be everything and anything and if there's not enough character slots then I will have to delete/recreate and play the shit out of everyone to figure out which ones I will play most. POSSIBLY have multiple accounts.
I can't be held back by scrubby character slot limits

I will probably play Force first though

Allison_W
May 2, 2011, 07:41 PM
Oh man, I can't decide. I came in here planning on saying "HUmarl," the class I play in PSZ, but then I recalled that my first character in PSO was a FOmarl and I enjoyed her playstyle (the teching/melee, I mean, not being the heal bitch), and I liked playing an FFcaseal in PSU, and more lately I played a FOnewearl in PSO and liked it...

eight character slots please

Draggoon
May 8, 2011, 11:23 AM
I always start off with a HU/RA and end up sticking with a FO and never using the other two again.

landman
May 8, 2011, 02:56 PM
I can't vote the three options...

r00tabaga
May 8, 2011, 07:20 PM
Which one will you play 1st, is what this poll should say. Only a small fraction of the PSO community stick to one character/one class. If there was a choice D) all of the above, that would be like 90% or higher. Part of the fun is switching between characters, right?

r00tabaga
May 8, 2011, 07:23 PM
In PSU you only needed one character per se, b/c you could simply change classes whenever you got bored or wanted a change of pace. In PSO I'm sure most will make more characters just for the chance to try all styles.
Btw, I will start out as a Hunter of course. Then Ranger. Then more Hunter. Then when I get enough courage, I'll try Force. I hope they make Forces great again!

RemiusTA
May 8, 2011, 09:03 PM
Expect forces to be either useless or completely broken. PSP2i made them amazing, so expect them to be trash in PSO2 lol.

Niloklives
May 8, 2011, 10:14 PM
In PSU you only needed one character per se, b/c you could simply change classes whenever you got bored or wanted a change of pace. In PSO I'm sure most will make more characters just for the chance to try all styles.
Btw, I will start out as a Hunter of course. Then Ranger. Then more Hunter. Then when I get enough courage, I'll try Force. I hope they make Forces great again!

The stats made it so you needed more than one character depending on what you were playing. You're right though, basically it broke down to newman for heavy tech use, beast/cast for everything else...and after paradi...preferably cast.

Blueblur
May 9, 2011, 08:25 PM
The first PSO character I ever made was a RAcast and I loved playing as him. Seeing as how the Ranger combat plays like a modern game, I can't wait to make another Ranger. :)

pionear
May 10, 2011, 03:58 PM
Hunter for me...I luv those new BadAss Swords!

AlphaDragoon
May 10, 2011, 09:45 PM
Hunter. But I'd better see some good old fashioned Sabers soon, and they'd better look awesome using them.

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 02:54 AM
RAmar, I'm more excited than ever to play Human Male Ranger.

Norco
May 11, 2011, 03:26 AM
HUmar or HUnewm, most likely HUnewm. I like being able to combine meele and techniques and supporting the party, also... Double Sabers are badass ^_^

SailorCallie1977
May 11, 2011, 11:45 AM
I picked Force because I'm a spellcaster at heart, and having a Newman playing a Force class such as FOnewm and FOnewearl have an advantage when it comes to Mental Strength (MST) and with the right Section ID (Redria, Pinkal and Yellowboze), they could find the right items for their classes.

Sometimes I play as a Hunter because not only I want to conserve TP, unless I'm playing as a HUcast, I want to deal some damage towards the monsters that are making me mad. ;-)

As for Rangers, I rarely played them but if I do, I'll go with whichever Ranger class suits me the best.

NeonaPulsar
May 11, 2011, 12:07 PM
Force of Nature!!

If it goes as well as my experiance in PSZ did, I would love to bring Neona back as a force. I have always leaned towards magic and stuff when-ever i play games for some reason.

Akaimizu
May 11, 2011, 12:23 PM
It may be a while before you get as good as a Force experience as PSZ. Though I mained a Force in PSZ, I was fully aware of how Forces transformed to easy mode.

I wont say it wont happen again, though. With PSO2, the slate is clean again, and only time will tell which sides the balance will fall in, this time. Of course, if history goes to show, any class that is notably strong in PSP2 Infinity, will get the nerf stick in the next game. Except Hunters. That class, even when nerfed a bit, never seems to get the strong nerf. So obviously, they must keep a balance centered around the straight Hunter class.

MadDogg
May 11, 2011, 02:11 PM
Hunter. My main character was a hunter in every single version of PSO/PSU. This time around I'm going to start off with whatever is going to be the hunter/force (newman or if the game has them, beast) hybrid.

Fossil
May 13, 2011, 04:21 PM
Obviously RAmar >_>

But when the game first comes out(If I jump right into it) I may start with another class to understand the differences in Section ID's(if there are any) and some other minor things to make sure I don't screw my RAmar up early on and regret it later.

Sord
May 13, 2011, 04:27 PM
While I usually dabble with everything to give it a shot, I usually wind up focusing more on close range, melee driven classes. However, this doesn't necessarily mean I'm BEEF MCMAN TANK type classes 24/7. I don't mind playing classes with penalties to power in return for buffs in other areas, be it speed boosts, support tech usage, or use of a unique weapon etc. In PSU, Protranser was actually my most heavily played class, because I loved the traps and weapon load out for the class. PSO was actually the exception to most MMOs, I played more racast and racaseal than anything, because I found the basic hunter weapons very dull and I didn't like the aesthetics of the hunter classes very well at all. I tend to have more fun in a game if I'm playing a character I actually like in ways beyond just their battle mechanics.

I almost never bother playing magic-heavy oriented classes for long though.

CelestialBlade
May 13, 2011, 04:39 PM
Ranger's always been my forte, and I *love* the changes they've made to Ranger....should be a ton of fun to play. I just hope Sega takes a hint from PSP2i and gives us Photon-Art-like bullet moves like Charge Shot II was. I like doing actual techniques with my weapons rather than just a single charged bullet. Chelsea will rise again.

If they indeed adopt the PSO/PSZ class system, I'll do RAnewearl if available. Otherwise, RAmarl.

NewWave
May 14, 2011, 11:10 AM
Damn, the poll is pretty much even O_O Didn't see that coming.

PepperCat
May 14, 2011, 05:48 PM
Not voting until there's an "ALL 3 Classes" button. :p

Keilyn
May 14, 2011, 05:57 PM
HUnewearl ^_^

Still debating on if I will start from the pure Japanese Version or wait for a localized version due to the way updating is handled.

PepperCat
May 14, 2011, 06:03 PM
Still debating on if I will start from the pure Japanese Version or wait for a localized version due to the way updating is handled.

Same, but if there's news that the menus have language options (think PSO: DC) I'm not going to give SoA the benefit of the doubt. :P

Keilyn
May 14, 2011, 07:50 PM
Oh I remember you Pepper Cat, been a while. Been out of this forum for a long time. First day back here.

Yes, if language options exist, of course I will use them. I can understand Japanese well enough, but it would be so nice to play with players within the same culture rather than just roughing it in pure Japanese. Don't get me wrong, I like playing in Japanese servers, but I shouldn't be required to think and act "Japanese" in order to play. ^_^

NoiseHERO
May 14, 2011, 07:52 PM
@Cat:I remember you a few times from PSU only because you're the only person who had medabot names. :0

Zaix
May 14, 2011, 09:23 PM
I very much preferred Acrofighter in PSU...so I'll probably go hunter and use mostly light melee weapons again

Siverin
May 15, 2011, 02:25 AM
I loved being up close and fast back in the day. I'd definitely go with Hunter, as the gameplay looks fantastic! I can't wait to see what daggers or other light weaponry they produce!

SyianZi
May 16, 2011, 01:35 PM
What a hard Question!! Now, I'm extreamly loyal to my RAcaseal, however I really enjoy melee purely because I love high damage output and loot drops at my feet ^.^ FO char's are awesome though, I really enjoyed playing my FO back on BB

Tsyuku
May 16, 2011, 09:38 PM
Melee is typically my style. (Here's to hoping the old combo system is re-added rather than PSUs button mashing. Though by the looks of the trailer I much so doubt it.)

Though I may shift towards RA because the gameplay looks very improved for them.

Sord
May 16, 2011, 09:47 PM
Melee is typically my style. (Here's to hoping the old combo system is re-added rather than PSUs button mashing. Though by the looks of the trailer I much so doubt it.)

To me it looks like some form of melee button timing might be in there. Watch the lower center icons in the toolbar, they flash when that button has been hit and execute attacks. Now whenever a melee user is swingin his sword, you see a circle expand out just above the group of 3 action icons, usually just as the weapon hits an enemy. Sometimes it doesn't do it though (fight around the ship at 2:47 seems to be the best example of this.) It also never does this for any of the guns. This could be some indicator of successfully timing something right and getting a better hit.

Tsyuku
May 16, 2011, 10:13 PM
Well the main reason I didn't think it would be there is due to the aerial combos. Knowing how SEGA has been recently with every other PS title they have been going on the button mash route and have been rather simplistic and repetitive with the systems.

I don't much have a problem with that, but it gives you more to do then sit there mindlessly tapping a button.

DEM_CIG
May 16, 2011, 10:19 PM
I love force, but I would say hunter just to get down the controls.

Sord
May 16, 2011, 10:20 PM
Well the main reason I didn't think it would be there is due to the aerial combos. Knowing how SEGA has been recently with every other PS title they have been going on the button mash route and have been rather simplistic and repetitive with the systems.

I don't much have a problem with that, but it gives you more to do then sit there mindlessly tapping a button.

To me the old button system was more or less just as mindless. Yeah, when you first played the game it took a moment to adjust, but within a few tries it was easy enough to get down, and then it was just mindless presses spaced out. More often than not the main worry wasn't executing the combo, it was how long you were left open after executing it that mattered (such as doing to many combos that lasted to long against De Rol Le and then getting punished with a tentacle to the face for it because you couldn't run away.)

This doesn't look like the case, but it would have been nice to have the air combo launch on a separate button, then mix up combos based on normal/strong presses. The problem with any simple button combos for me in any grindy game is simply the same though: once you get it memorized it's just as mindless as button mashing.

Tsyuku
May 17, 2011, 09:35 PM
Ah so true, but that's natural for any combo system really. It begins to become instinctual. I guess all we can do for now is wait and see how it turns out.

I still want some force game play. I want to see if they went a little more creative with the spell animations.

Eclypse
May 18, 2011, 01:17 PM
HUnewearl all day every day.

Vintasticvin
May 20, 2011, 11:19 AM
Might go for HU or RAnewm on this rodeo through space.

MESeele
May 20, 2011, 06:45 PM
Go Force! Now if they'd only bring back the PSO Gifoie of death.

Light dragon
May 20, 2011, 06:58 PM
Im always Force when I first start and this would be no different.

Chaobo99
May 20, 2011, 09:18 PM
Hunters and Rangers have it good now. but when they release the techer footage... just you wait.

Usually how it's always been too xD. Force footage come last.

Bayi
May 20, 2011, 09:50 PM
RAmarl; the artwork alone has me booked and hooked.

Same thing that pulled me in with PSO, that traditional military style really gets me off.

Demon-
May 23, 2011, 02:36 AM
Probably do the same thing I did each time a new pso came out.... main character will be a Hunter then make a ranger, then a second hunter, and last a force. That is if there are 4 character slots.

Alnet
May 23, 2011, 07:52 AM
I know how they treat Forces in every game, but I'm still probably going to go this route. I suppose I'm just a glutton for punishment.

Akaimizu
May 23, 2011, 08:24 AM
Guess you didn't play PSZ, then. Strong in the Force, it was. :)

But yeah, often they underpower the Forces with the first game, and then try to fix them up in the next one.

But I don't like to think of it as making the Forces weak. But more so making the Hunters strong. I always figured it was one of those Japanese "Romancing the Blade" kind of things. You know, if you carry a blade to battle, you are l33t.

r00tabaga
May 23, 2011, 09:11 AM
For someone who didn't play PSZ (me), what made the Force class so strong? I hear this argument a lot & I hope they make them this way in PSO2.
It was always fun to be the only Hunter or Ranger in a group of all Forces in PSO.

NoiseHERO
May 23, 2011, 09:59 AM
Rangers were weakes because their damage was based off of atp, making hunters better than them or something. Techs power, and range, and advantages were pretty much superior to everything in every way. :0

The best hunter was hunewm I guess, cause of his never-get-hit broken ness...I dunno if forces could take advantage of broken eva too...

Horribly balanced classes PSZ had.

Mikura
May 23, 2011, 02:59 PM
Hunter. Always. I've been one since PSO and that's never going to change. The PSO2 video with the hunter wielding the huge-ass sword also solidified it for me. >.>

Demon-
May 23, 2011, 04:06 PM
huge-ass sword I know, I'm so glad they bringing huge swords back.

Zaix
May 23, 2011, 04:28 PM
I'm just curious what light melee weapons will feel like now.

•Col•
May 23, 2011, 05:14 PM
I'm just curious what light melee weapons will feel like now.

Just guessing here, but I'm thinking there will be a lot of short, quick agile movements in between attacks to focus on single enemies.

The sword weapon already the little dash and a kicking move, so twin daggers and such will probably have a lot more stuff like that to help move around enemies and their attacks.

steaIth
May 24, 2011, 07:28 PM
i always preferred rangers in games, so i am gonna stay with it. RA combat looks pretty fun now. More specifically, i liked the ramarl for PSO a lot, but want to see more specifics before choosing

Shinji Kazuya
May 27, 2011, 03:10 PM
I'm gonna try them all when the game comes! >.<

psofan219
Jun 7, 2011, 08:53 PM
I've started PSO and PSZ with a Hunter, and somehow I doubt PSO2 will be different.

MasterSpark
Jun 15, 2011, 07:23 AM
I'll likely start out with an archetypical RAcaseal character, combining large firearms with, game mechanics and system permitting, some close combat support. And then I'll also want a HUcast with an afro.

Kaiyou_Trinon
Jun 16, 2011, 02:50 AM
I've always been a Hunter, but I gotta say the Ranger class looks pretty fun now from the PSO 2 video. But I'm a up close and personal kind of guy so Hunter all the way.

Code-red
Jun 17, 2011, 10:25 AM
i sticking with ranger since i enjoy gunning down my enemies in psp2 game

Zero Revenge
Jun 19, 2011, 12:32 AM
With the news of Gun Techs finally being in the game, I have to toss the dice in with Ranger. >:D

RemiusTA
Jun 19, 2011, 01:04 AM
Honestly, BFSwords only work when they're either a) situational or b) extremely rare.

They've always been A in these PS games, but it looks like they're going to be neither in PSO2. I hope those giant blades are just placeholders.

cyaticloki
Jun 19, 2011, 11:35 AM
ranger i wanna really use te new jump action to my advantage.

Xettermantenga
Jun 19, 2011, 02:29 PM
Knuckles weren't in PSO which is why i was a Racast, so if they decide not to add them in PSO2 then it's ranger all the way!

•Col•
Jun 19, 2011, 07:37 PM
Knuckles weren't in PSO which is why i was a Racast, so if they decide not to add them in PSO2 then it's ranger all the way!

There were Knuckle weapons in PSO.... They were just rare.... Also way more badass than PSU's Knuckles.

Dongra
Jun 19, 2011, 07:57 PM
There were Knuckle weapons in PSO.... They were just rare.... Also way more badass than PSU's Knuckles.
They were also pretty much unusable. They were up on the list of "weapons that suck" under claws. Don't get me wrong though, they were fun to use.

Xettermantenga
Jun 19, 2011, 09:03 PM
Of course this is all situational depending on factors like if they bring back the old tech system or add tech ranger hybrids(male and female).

The hierarchy of classes in Xesty's mind : Hybrids of tech and revolvers > hybrids of knuckles and tech>Anything with knuckles>anything with cards and tech (PSO style)>anything with revolvers.

Strange I know but that's the way my mind works.

EDIT:The difference between handguns and revolvers in game is purely aesthetic i know, the appearance is the part I care about though...something about a revolver screams baddassery.

PhotonDrop
Jun 19, 2011, 10:31 PM
They were also pretty much unusable. They were up on the list of "weapons that suck" under claws. Don't get me wrong though, they were fun to use.

"Fun" is exactly why Knuckles and Claws were the best. :p

Rian_Sindral
Jun 23, 2011, 01:17 PM
Definitely a force character.

Scyris
Jun 27, 2011, 05:39 AM
For me it depends, I hope they balance the classes better, Just because a ranger is ranged doesn't mean you need to make them weak, same for forces. I hated forces in PSU due to the PP system. Same for rangers. Thankfully rangers don't need PP for normal shots. Would be niuce if techers had normal spells that didn't use PP, then some kinda super tech that drains PP to use, sort of how the ranger works.

V.A.P
Jun 27, 2011, 07:05 AM
I'm not going to limit myself to any one class. I'll probably play with all of them.

S|e|7|e|N
Jun 28, 2011, 05:04 PM
Always a Cast.. Always a Ranger.

Alex Longstride
Jul 4, 2011, 06:03 PM
Human or Newman, but Hunter either way. I'll probably focus on speed over brute strength, and use weapons that I can actually use in real life given my physical condition and martial arts training (Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, Knuckles, POSSIBLY Twin Sabers).

r00tabaga
Jul 4, 2011, 06:22 PM
Human or Newman, but Hunter either way. I'll probably focus on speed over brute strength, and use weapons that I can actually use in real life given my physical condition and martial arts training (Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, Knuckles, POSSIBLY Twin Sabers).

Where did U rec'v your twin claw training? That's badass.

Darki
Jul 4, 2011, 06:25 PM
Whatever let me make a battlemage, good with techs and melee.

Alex Longstride
Jul 4, 2011, 07:30 PM
Where did U rec'v your twin claw training? That's badass.

Taekwondo? Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, and Knuckles all are used as extensions of hand to hand combat. I never actually used them, but the principle is the same. Just more lethal.

Lyric
Jul 4, 2011, 07:34 PM
I haven't truly decided yet. When I first started PSO I played a hunter. In PSU I went the path of the Guntecher / Acrotecher. Perhaps this time I'll go with a melee/range combination or just go full-on Force.

Lyric
Jul 4, 2011, 07:46 PM
Taekwondo? Twin Daggers, Twin Claws, and Knuckles all are used as extensions of hand to hand combat. I never actually used them, but the principle is the same. Just more lethal.

I don't know about the claws, but daggers are definitely a bit different. Taekwondo flows smoothly into 'knuckles' for sure, and possibly claws. Using knives effectively requires a different style all together from what I've experienced. I haven't used them myself, but I did watch a sparring match between my Kung Fu sensei and another experienced martial artist. Ken (my sensei) was unarmed and his opponent was using dulled knives. The match was quite a sight to see. In the end we both left with the utmost respect for him, due to the fact that Ken was covered with tiny lacerations. It was a helluva fight.

The only weapons training I dabbled in were staff, Eskrima, and Kendo. Personally I think the knives would probably be harder to pick up and use effectively then any of that, just from seeing that sparring session alone.

/end wild tangent lol

Alex Longstride
Jul 4, 2011, 09:42 PM
I don't know about the claws, but daggers are definitely a bit different. Taekwondo flows smoothly into 'knuckles' for sure, and possibly claws. Using knives effectively requires a different style all together from what I've experienced. I haven't used them myself, but I did watch a sparring match between my Kung Fu sensei and another experienced martial artist. Ken (my sensei) was unarmed and his opponent was using dulled knives. The match was quite a sight to see. In the end we both left with the utmost respect for him, due to the fact that Ken was covered with tiny lacerations. It was a helluva fight.

The only weapons training I dabbled in were staff, Eskrima, and Kendo. Personally I think the knives would probably be harder to pick up and use effectively then any of that, just from seeing that sparring session alone.

/end wild tangent lol

PSO-style daggers are actually very useful when coupled with TKD. Hammer-fist becomes a stab, and blocks get extended by the blade. And the forward photon edge could enhance punches by a lot.

r00tabaga
Jul 4, 2011, 10:19 PM
PSO-style daggers are actually very useful when coupled with TKD. Hammer-fist becomes a stab, and blocks get extended by the blade. And the forward photon edge could enhance punches by a lot.

Tai Kwon Do is widely thought of as more "sport" than it is as anything else. Not to start a fight, but as a 20 yr judo player, I consider judo & tkd as sports. We do TaiChi, Aikido, Karate, Kung Fu, classical Japanese JJ for non-scoring applications.

Tai Kwon Do is widely thought of as more "sport" than it is as anything else. Not to start a fight, but as a 20 yr judo player, I consider judo & tkd as sports. We do TaiChi, Aikido, Karate, Kung Fu, classical Japanese JJ for non-scoring applications.

I hope U continue on with your tkd, it's fun to watch and very difficult to do. Not everyone can be great at judo or tkd because besides the technical side, you really need to be a good athlete.

D-Inferno
Jul 4, 2011, 10:30 PM
HUcast, RAcast, and FOnewm, assuming the class system is the same as PSO's, and that there are no beasts(if so, HUbeast instead). The RAcast may not get as much play though, and if you can switch classes on your character, HUcast and RAcast will be one character. :wacko:

Alex Longstride
Jul 4, 2011, 11:34 PM
I hope U continue on with your tkd, it's fun to watch and very difficult to do. Not everyone can be great at judo or tkd because besides the technical side, you really need to be a good athlete.

I plan on giving Karate a try. I don't really want to continue on TKD unless I find a better instructor nearby (I moved a year ago, and before that I had attained Bodan (black belt candidate) rank under a very good school. The school where I live now isn't what I'm looking for). Hopefully there's a decent Karate school around here; I don't mind starting over and learning a new discipline. [/tangent]

But yeah, PSO daggers work very well as hand-to-hand weapons, given their shape.

NegaTsukasa
Jul 5, 2011, 03:07 AM
Always will be a Force. Preferably as Melee as possible, but meh, where ever the team might need me is cool. helping teams out is a blast on any game. :D

I like the small fact that with a Force, you have techs in levels of power above any other class, and even then, can shoot some decent guns and swing some decent weapons around. like a pretty neutral all in one package. :3

dooby613
Jul 7, 2011, 10:50 AM
I always prefer hunewearl.

Random Top Hat
Jul 12, 2011, 02:24 AM
Hunter jeez im so mainstream AND LOVING IT GIVE ME MA HUGE SWORD AND TINY DAGGERS

Angelo
Jul 12, 2011, 02:44 AM
Hunter.

Gimme a big weapon that hits hard and swings slow and I'll be happy.

RebhtheDark
Jul 14, 2011, 01:32 AM
Ever since PSOgc, PSU, and PSZ Ive been a FOnewearl, and I will be that once more!

For my second IDK.... On PSO I was a hunter, but on PSU I did ranger so now I like both!

RemiusTA
Jul 14, 2011, 02:01 AM

/end wild tangent lol

Funny fact; most professional fighters and practical martial artists state that in a situation where you're unarmed and the other fighter has any kind of knife, the preferred action is to run. Knives are just far too easy to use or inflict damage with, and the only way to disarm the person is to put yourself right where they want you.

My Taekwondo master taught us how to use the Staff. It was fun. (although i never stayed long enough to actually spar with them, i still remember striking form >:D)

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 14, 2011, 09:30 AM
I'm eager to try the new Ranger play style so I probably will start with a Ranger.
However, since we haven't seen all classes yet, this decision it's not 100% final yet.

Griffin
Jul 14, 2011, 02:39 PM
Hunter is the job for me! Just gear me up with a pair of knuckles and let me in the brawl, guy!

Jade DaBain
Jul 15, 2011, 01:07 AM
I shall always be a HUnewearl. In fact, Im always Jade and only Jade. :D

MoonlightMyau
Jul 16, 2011, 01:24 PM
Force, I'm always a force :).

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jul 16, 2011, 01:41 PM
always these 3 classes. ^^

HUnewearl
RAmarl
FOnewearl

Raven5_1
Jul 16, 2011, 01:51 PM
I'll play anything Cast pure and simple.

My first char on PSO was a Rasceal, my first character on GC PSO was a Huncaseal my first character on BB was a... well, you get the picture.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 18, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hunter. I always prefer melee to guns or techs.

Same here. Plus, I'm a sword freak.

LK1721
Jul 18, 2011, 05:31 PM
More than likely, a RAmarl as my main then eventually a HU of some sort (probably a cast or caseal).

GCoffee
Jul 18, 2011, 05:36 PM
Ramarl, Hucast and Fomar. :)

Ecchi
Jul 19, 2011, 02:18 AM
Always a hunter and will always be one tho I do try out all classes sooner or later.

Kevin PSO
Jul 19, 2011, 01:27 PM
Ranger for life. Specifically RAmar like I was in PSO. Of course this is all assuming PSO2 even comes to my console.

kurisu1974
Jul 20, 2011, 08:23 AM
First Hunter, than Force and Ranger when I get bored (which probably won't happen very soon).

Mikessc88
Jul 20, 2011, 11:20 AM
Im hoping they have HUcast. Id like to try out a team of a HUcast and RAmarl or HUcast and FOnewm. I'd also like to play a Force character on the side.

HUcastRyu
Jul 20, 2011, 04:49 PM
HUcast if the gameplay is more like PSU or a FOmar if it's more like PSO.

NoiseHERO
Jul 20, 2011, 05:18 PM
The gameplay looks like PSO2 to me, so I dunno. :0

Phinalphantasy
Jul 20, 2011, 09:01 PM
Newman hunter. It's how I roll. After that, a force of some type.

Natey009
Jul 21, 2011, 02:08 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1653&pictureid=21914

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 21, 2011, 02:35 PM
Like with PSO, I will most likely have at least one character for each of the three classes. The hardest part is choosing the class of the fourth character. It'll depend on how they handle the classes this time around, which will in turn determine what kinds of sub-classes can be played within each class (i.e. a melee Force).

AfroGuy!
Jul 25, 2011, 02:33 AM
Im gonna have a HUmar be my main with RAcaseal and FOnewearl on the side. Might try RAcast instead of RAcaseal.

Tech Romancer
Jul 25, 2011, 06:56 AM
Force of any type, I'll probably just look for appearance. As long as it's force though, because my friends are usually mindless Hack and Slash Hunters. So in order to do advance runs they're going to definitely need my support haha, as a side character definitely a RAcast/RAcaseal

RadiantLegend
Jul 25, 2011, 09:30 AM
HUcast /RAmar

xmoonprismpowerx
Jul 25, 2011, 09:42 AM
Ranger/Force. I like to be a mid-long range distance person. XD

tehhaxorer
Jul 25, 2011, 09:50 AM
I was a pretty die-hard FoMar back in the old days, but the new ranger gameplay looks pretty sweet and the hunter weapons are sexy...can I choose all 3???

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2011, 09:56 AM
I was a pretty die-hard FoMar back in the old days, but the new ranger gameplay looks pretty sweet and the hunter weapons are sexy...can I choose all 3???

Yes...yes, you can. :lol:

Lunar_Furor
Jul 25, 2011, 02:23 PM
plain and simple RAmar, and his name shall remain the same to honor the character I put sooooo many hours into in the first PSO. And He shall be excellent! I'm honestly hoping there ISNT a class changing system. i really didn't like it in PSP2 because it was just another restriction on weapon use unlike in PSO where it was just have the right class level and one stat. Not stat, level, class, and rank. Hated that. Super excited for this I nearly cried when i saw the pictures.

M90X
Jul 26, 2011, 12:31 PM
I'm having a hard time deciding between Ranger and Force, but I'm leaning more towards Force I think.

Kizeragi
Jul 26, 2011, 06:59 PM
Going with RAmar myself first, I started PSO GC as one, so it just seems right to do the same here too lol. Probably HUcast after that.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 26, 2011, 07:03 PM
HU&RA

Well, mostly just humar, huney and ramarl. They were always my favorite, but new game = new stats and new tricks XP so I plan on not stopping there.

FoCaster
Jul 26, 2011, 08:05 PM
sweet! FoCast! =p

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 26, 2011, 08:22 PM
Dammit, FOcast! Why'd you have to be green-lighted? Robots... using magic... so... cool.... Must... use up... character slot... for... Johnny 5 Cast.

The Red Mirage
Jul 26, 2011, 10:27 PM
I've tried various classes and sub-classes, but I almost always find myself coming back to some kind of melee combat. So Hunter, for sure.

chibiLegolas
Jul 27, 2011, 11:07 AM
FOcaseal FTW!
They're giving us the option, so I'm taking it!
More realistically, she'd be more of a guntecher from early PSU days (mainly gun/tech support class).

GCoffee
Jul 27, 2011, 11:20 AM
I have realized that since there will be main aswell as sub classes there is no way for me to know what main class I will be picking, yet, since I lack complete knowledge of what differs between those two class categories.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 27, 2011, 11:42 AM
I have realized that since there will be main aswell as sub classes there is no way for me to know what main class I will be picking, yet, since I lack complete knowledge of what differs between those two class categories.

sub classes!!!O.O

OOOOh babeh, Hannibal is gonna be a humar with a ra subclass, Rolf is gonna be a humar with a fo class (lol psii) and Alissa will be a ramarl with a hu subclass

Darki
Jul 27, 2011, 12:04 PM
It depends on the balance of the classes. I wanna make a balanced fighter with good offensive abilities, so probably I'll put there a force with hunter subclass, or something like that.

moorebounce
Jul 27, 2011, 02:35 PM
Since I'm doing ranger now I may go that direction first. My first love for PSO is HUcast though.

thunder-ray
Jul 28, 2011, 03:58 AM
In the first PSO I started out as A Ranger (ramar) when I went to psu I made A cast FF try something new for A change. This time however im going to make A Techer as a main since ive tried the other classes first in the two different versions. So ya mine is going to be A newman force.

voxie
Jul 28, 2011, 07:32 AM
Hunter - it was my first choice and stuck with it ever since. Getting in there and beating up stuff, saving the Ranger or Force from imminent death... I love being the hero, what can I say :D

Legato Bluesummers
Jul 28, 2011, 05:31 PM
HUcaseal, as along as they keep the ninja look and the sweet speedy battle animations.

DEM_CIG
Jul 28, 2011, 10:32 PM
FoCast, RaCast or FoNewearl. One of the three.

Fayorei
Jul 28, 2011, 10:36 PM
Newman Hunter, hopefully something that plays similar to a HUnewearl of sorts.

One can dream!

Jul 30, 2011, 05:25 PM
Of what I've seen so far, I like fonewearl the most. So if I do get this game, that's probably what I'll be. I like focaseal and racaseal as well though.

Sw353
Jul 31, 2011, 12:04 AM
ive always like techs, so im sure ill make a Force.
i wonder what the customization will be like in this game. I'd like to make a useful hunter-Force hybrid.

Zipzo
Jul 31, 2011, 07:43 AM
A lot of people I think are forgetting that you aren't completely classified on the class you pick.

What I mean by this, is back in PSO you could have a handful of FO's that all played completely uniquely of one another. You could have a FO that just blasted everything with RA techs, you had FO's that would megid the crap out of everything, you had FO's that would actually go the way of using melee weapons and even sometimes guns while throwing their support techs out in between their attacks. Each of this a completely different play style, but all playing the same class.

There was no class specialization in the game for those styles, that was just the variation of how people decided to play their class and that's what made PSO pretty cool, it wasn't so much about the class. The class gave you your basic tool set but the player decided how and in what way to use that set.

I, for one, miss the "Melee FOmarl" thing from PSO. That's why I was so partial to Wartechers in PSU, so I'm going to attempt to do the same here in PSO.

Malachite
Jul 31, 2011, 07:49 AM
ive always like techs, so im sure ill make a Force.
i wonder what the customization will be like in this game. I'd like to make a useful hunter-Force hybrid.

Have you not seen the character customization yet? Go watch it. Also, hunter-force? What you're looking for is most likely HUnewm.

Sandstorm
Aug 1, 2011, 01:06 AM
I'll be a FOrce of some sort to start with then a HUnter. I never did get into the RA classes.

StriderTuna
Aug 1, 2011, 01:50 AM
I like getting up close and personal , particularly as a cast, though as a second ary I'd say Ranger.

unicorn
Aug 1, 2011, 02:50 AM
FOmar/FOcast/FOnewm depending on gameplay. Male though, only play male forces! I hope all the male cast parts aren't bulky, otherwise I'd be a fleshie.

RAnewearl

Aumi
Aug 1, 2011, 04:33 AM
Well, from all the new screenshots and art of the classes, I think I will definitely make a RAcaseal, HUmar and FOnewearl.

Biolizard13
Aug 1, 2011, 11:28 AM
HUnewms confirmed?
I change my mind from RAmar then.

VR-Raiden
Aug 1, 2011, 01:34 PM
HUcast for life! :wacko:

r00tabaga
Aug 1, 2011, 01:50 PM
HUcast for life! :wacko:

I agree. HUcast was my favorite in pso, psu & pspo2...I might start a RAcast though and try the new TPS out. I will continue to use a HUcast costume no matter what though!
Then a HUmar. Then a FOnewm. Then a HUcaseal.

Shye
Aug 1, 2011, 10:23 PM
I am kind of impressed with how the shooting looks in the videos. As much as I love swinging swords around I could see myself rootin' tootin' shootin'.

Main is still probably going to be a Hunter... then I'll want to Force it up for a while... I'm too wishy-washy to say. So why'd I reply? I wanted to feel included.