PDA

View Full Version : Olga Flow

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Apr 19, 2011, 07:22 AM
Hi all,

Can people offer advice for Olga Flow on Ultimate. Which class is best to attempt this solo? Thus far i've found Forces to be best in ultimate overall with Si merge, Summit Moon combo, punching out some very high damage per tech. However from what I recall Olga Flow has some high magic defense? I must admit i've hardly ever fought olga Flow compared to other bosses in the game but I want something new to hunt on the game and the gene flow seems like it could take forever but also help me get competant at fighting this boss

Any tips would be helpful ^^;

Tifa

Dongra
Apr 19, 2011, 02:47 PM
RAcast, RAmar, and RAmarl will have the easiest time fighting Olga Flow. Personally, I can see RAmarl having the best advantage against him. All you will really need to do is Shifta yourself, Zalure Olga, and pound on him with chage vulcans. Olga Flow isn't a complicated boss so long as he is killed fast. Your idea with using a force can probably work but it won't be nearly as fast. Olga Flow's weakness to techs is not set, so you will have to test out each tech to see which one will do the most damage, and once you do he can still change weaknesses during the course of the battle leaving you to find it again.

SStrikerR
Apr 19, 2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah, Dongra's got it right. If you have shifta and charge vulcs, you can take him out in a matter of seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT62i7Z3PjQ&feature=related

Skip to about 7:20 in this video, and watch how to do it. This person has a heaven striker, which you may or may not have (and his has good hit I'm sure), but Charge Vulcans will do the job as well. Also, if he is too far away in the first form, a good, cheap option is to use Dual Birds or Last Swan, as they have extra range and are easy to do NHH with on a ranger.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Apr 21, 2011, 07:52 AM
Does hit% greatly affect Charge special or is it guaranteed hit? I did have a RAcaseal, mainly for Iron Faust, but it made playing Eps4 unecessarily annoying (with yowie/lizards). If I went for a human ranger class what are good alternative weapons in general to go for? I like the idea of RAmarl as her higher level techs could make Eps4 levelling easy in the run up to attempting Ult Eps2 olga Flow. I have suitable items to trade up to the value of around 99pd but i'm not too sure on prices of RA items and what's good to go for?

Tifa

Dongra
Apr 21, 2011, 12:54 PM
Hit percent increases your accuracy by the number displayed so naturally it will allow your attacks to successfully hit more often. Rangers generally do not have a problem hitting targets. As far as ranger equipment goes, the accepted standard is: Heaven Striker, Frozen Shooter or Snow Queen, Spread or Arrest Needle, Hell Needle (for episode 2), Berserk Needle, Cannon Rouge (for non-androids), Iron Faust (for androids), Charge Arms, Charge Vulcans, and Excalibur (for episode 4 lizards). I may have forgotten something but for the most part those are generally what rangers use.

Edit: Knew I forgot something.

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2011, 12:56 PM
Charge works 100% of the time, if your attack lands. If you miss, nothing happens. That's why most people have 50h CVulcs.

Weapons to buy..
Frozen Shooter (5pds)
Spread Needle (5-10)
Charge Vulcs 50h (2pd)
Heaven Striker (70-80)

Those are pretty nice staple weapons to have. Although, you'll need a melee weapon for lizards...I'd say Excalibur but you wouldn't be able to afford that. Until then, maybe a charge Gungnir with 50h? Or any partisian really.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Apr 26, 2011, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the shopping list. I already have excal so I got that covered, but i'll be on the lookout for these weapons :)

Tifa

Necha54
Dec 19, 2011, 11:11 AM
I prefer a high level mage with a high mind mag with summit moon foie merge Andd four god mines..... Though Hes strong..... With me :\ his magic defense is that a one of those weird star creatures in lvl 2 of seabeds.... His first form is week to barta and foie (foie merge) and his second form varies....... But his two huge claw things are weak against zonde attacks killing them prevents the range of his one kill move ...... And when he steals ur soul and u become heathcliff u can still attk..... A high lvl deband and jellen will help too...

Necha54
Dec 19, 2011, 11:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9xBswbvync&sns=fb"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9xBswbvync&sns=fb

this would be me :D although i did have one scapedol in which i found and my trust bhima revived me :\
but other than those rediculous deaths.... I did good..... Sorry for the music but i had to silence the end of the video due to the video aduio being tainted....