PDA

View Full Version : What if there was a PS0 2?

HUcast_Josh
Apr 20, 2011, 09:36 AM
What if there was a PS0 2? It would be awesome! Love to hear your ideas!

Norco
Apr 20, 2011, 09:55 AM
I think it would be awesome, though I have to say I am really unsure of what the plot would be.

It should be for 3DS and be designed for the analog stick.

Anyway the game should have quick menus like in PSO so that you can change weapon while moving and casting technics you don't normally have in your action palette. Make more use of the touch screen! It's basicly just sitting there!

More then one city, I miss the traveling part which can be found in many other phantasy star games.

Last but not least the game should have All Lavis Weapons. Not just Lavis Kanon(which they suddenly started spelling with a K xD), but also Lavis Blades and the awesome Double Cannon(Which they would probably spell "Double Kanon" just for the heck of it)

HUcast_Josh
Apr 20, 2011, 10:16 AM
keep old weapons, add new ones. keep all photon arts as well.

Fox2Tails
Apr 20, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'd hunt down the people that thought it up and *insert physical attack here* them for being so stupid

Sinue_v2
Apr 20, 2011, 02:48 PM
I don't see what the point would be in a PS0-2. PS0 is already in itself ancillary to the main PSO series by providing background and continuation of the storyline concerning the origins of the Mother Project and fate of the homeworld that Pioneer 1, 2, and 3 came from. It may also serve as a foreshadowing bridge to PSO2, should the storyline of that game follow up on the Calus x Elly story which was left off in Ep II's quest "The Two Towers". Basically, Calus is going to become Ragol's version of Coral's Mother Trinity (though he may or may not be corrupted the way MT was).

I could see a PSO2 side-game on the 3DS which also functionally serves as a PS0-2, depending on where the story goes, but as of right now - there's really no need for a PS0-2.

Arrow
Apr 20, 2011, 04:28 PM
IF there were a PS0 II, imo there should be at least free-roam (both single and wi-fi) plus bigger storyline
not sure bout the capabilities of the ds in terms of supporting a freeroam wi-fi world tough...

Anon_Fire
Apr 20, 2011, 04:59 PM
IF there were a PS0 II, imo there should be at least free-roam (both single and wi-fi) plus bigger storyline
not sure bout the capabilities of the ds in terms of supporting a freeroam wi-fi world tough...

It should be no problem with the 3DS

NeonaPulsar
Apr 21, 2011, 10:57 PM
I'd like to see, on top of all this threads other ideas, more out-fits. Like some from PSP2 or maybe even completely new ones designed for PSZ 2.

Seth Astra
Apr 21, 2011, 11:26 PM
Well, I have a bunch of things I've said before. However, I'm working on a post in another thread. If you're reading this, check back in... Say... An hour? I should have edited this by then.

EDIT: ACTIVATE SPOILER BOX STORM!!!

Each box is my thoughts on one thing I'd like enhanced.

Levels and Difficulty:
[SPOILER-BOX]Minimum: Level 200 max, with difficulties spread out more.

Prefered: Pretty much that, but with more difficulty levels, so you always have a challenge, if you want it.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Mags:
[SPOILER-BOX]Minimum: Lv. 200 max, more PBs.

Prefered: Lv. 200 max, more PBs, a more complex system, special effects (including shooting bullets for a time) based on mag type, not nature, the ability for a mag to learn multiple PBs.[/SPOILER-BOX]

I had more ideas, but I can't remember 'em.

kirtblue
Apr 21, 2011, 11:35 PM
id buy it regardless but if they made it i would hope for it to be on a better console like i dunno the wii *hint hint*

bstone246
Apr 22, 2011, 01:08 AM
They already announced PSO 2 silly...... come on.....

Seth Astra
Apr 22, 2011, 01:15 AM
Well, there's always the potential that, while PSO2 is going, they might do with it as they did with the portable series (essentially a portable and improved PSU).

kirtblue
Apr 22, 2011, 02:25 AM
They already announced PSO 2 silly...... come on.....
*facepalm* its a what if thread its a hypothetical question

Anon_Fire
Apr 23, 2011, 08:23 AM
He's asking "What if there was a Phantasy Star Zero 2?"

Linka
Apr 23, 2011, 09:52 AM
well, for one you cant name such a theoretical game 'PSZ2', you'd have to go with something like what Section 8 did. add to the name. thus how Section 8 Prejudice got its name. you couldnt call it 'Section 8 2', cause the name would look dumb.

however, if a sequal to PSZ was made id love for them to add RAnewarls....since that kinda pissed me off that those werent possible in PSZ. oh and RAnewms for those who wanna do that.

Norco
Apr 23, 2011, 05:00 PM
So what you're saying is that there should be a "dexmage"? ^_^

Linka
Apr 23, 2011, 08:39 PM
....dexmage?...no, im saying i want newmans with gun specialization. PSZ didnt do it, and it made me go '...well, what the hell man?'. i mean, i prefer hunter, but i'd at least have wanted the option, wouldnt you?

kirtblue
Apr 24, 2011, 12:04 AM
why couldnt they call it psz2?
also linka a good friend of mine is a RAnewarl on psp2 he seems to do well

Anon_Fire
Apr 24, 2011, 12:15 AM
Or somewhere along the lines of......... Phantasy Star Zero ver.2

kirtblue
Apr 24, 2011, 01:12 AM
Or somewhere along the lines of......... Phantasy Star Zero ver.2

oh i like that it has a good ring to it

Dr. Montague
Apr 24, 2011, 10:43 AM
3DS Analog controls would feel a lot better than using the D-Pad for movement on a 3D plane.

And easy access to your inventory while still moving would be possible with both the Analog and D-Pad, similar to PSO.

RoxasNeval
Apr 24, 2011, 05:25 PM
they should let u customize ur character more,i have found tons of ppl tht look exactly like me,down to the mag

DChip
Apr 25, 2011, 04:17 AM
Also, is it me, or the 3DS kinda resembles the Dreamcast controller, with VMU (touchscreen) and all? :P

Shotte
Apr 27, 2011, 06:22 PM
Well, they could probably get away with a Phantasy Star -1 For A Prequel of a Prequel, Or Phantasy Star 0.2 or something. Or 'That game which came after PS0 But Before PSO Which came Before PSU Which is at a similar time to PSP (?) Which comes before PSP2...' And if you wanted to go even farther for some insane reason you could put in the Original Phantasy Stars, to confuse and bore any listeners further.

As For a Serious, on-topic answer, to improve...
I think they need to maybe include a few more 'Casual' Distractions. While The PS Games have their hardcore playerbase, for whom the current system is fine, I note more and more casual players are giving it a try, but soon retiring or neglecting it after a few dungeons. Exploration and Travel was a good feature in the Old games, and to a small extent in PSU. The Online Play is looking Good, but if the DS Could Handle it, I reckon a town lobby should be made, even if each channel of it could only hold say, 20 people or so. It'd help, albeit when the Game starts to lose population this could make it show up even brighter than nowadays.

From a Combat Point of View, I Liked the Hold Down L Attacks. These add some more variety and strategy, particularly with the main example to this, the Gunblade, and to a smaller extent, the Mech-Gun. I think that one should be made for each type of Weapon, not necessarily for the special weapons as this would be pretty difficult to code individually. I thought the Weapon balancing was quite good, although I haven't reached the higher echelons of the game, yet. More Strategic opportunities should be introduced, such as as some remark, possibly higher ground boosts or De-Boosts. And hey, maybe this is gonna sound a little basic (Although it could mess things up) But... What about a Jump Button? X Goes pretty much unused, this could possibly be used for this purpose.

The Grinder system would work better as an AOTI Set-Up, In my opinion. I would keep the high grind numbers (Maybe reduce by a small amount) so a grinder fail wouldn't be life ruining.

The Camera, while it doesn't hinder me in combat, I feel would be more useful if L Turned it round in a clockwise direction, for easier targeting and searching. And although I haven't tried this, so I'll have to rely on your opinions here, the 'First Person Shoot Mode' Of ranged weapons used by PSU Could be a nice attachment, although this could hinder the combat. This could be used for the Rifle's L+Shoot?

Although this is pretty generalized, I think most people would agree that the flow from Combo to Combo is pretty stunted, and seems laggy. This starts off not being too big a deal, but later on the distance it can give enemies can be infuriating (Although maybe it's for the best that we can't just endlessly stun-lock them.)

Anyway, I'm going to end this horrifying wall of text, Now.

Windancer
Apr 27, 2011, 06:30 PM
I would be happy with just a remake of PS Zero in 3D with use of the analog stick and fix the Rangers to be more balanced with other toons. also add in a few more dungeon to play in. and possibly if a tower type dungeon is left in make it with online play. Whynot Nintendo brings out remake after remake anyway

Bashin
Apr 27, 2011, 06:35 PM
nintendo does like to do remakes.. they did chrono trigger! One of my fav games ever <3 even if it was the same game with more looks/weapons maybe a few more maps to play on i'd buy it

kirtblue
Apr 27, 2011, 08:47 PM
Well, they could probably get away with a Phantasy Star -1 For A Prequel of a Prequel, Or Phantasy Star 0.2 or something. Or 'That game which came after PS0 But Before PSO

someone didnt finish the game lmao psz takes place after pso it is in no way a prequel

Dr. Montague
Apr 27, 2011, 10:15 PM
nintendo does like to do remakes.. they did chrono trigger! One of my fav games ever <3 even if it was the same game with more looks/weapons maybe a few more maps to play on i'd buy it

But then again, it's Sega who would actually be making a remake.
Not to say that Sega hasn't ported Sonic a million times over. >.>

However, a 3D remake of PS0 or just PS0-2 would hopefully look great on the 3DS's graphics.

Also even using the 3DS's analog stick when playing PS0 still feels better, even if it's still just the 8 directions you can move.

Sinue_v2
Apr 27, 2011, 10:19 PM
someone didnt finish the game lmao psz takes place after pso it is in no way a prequel

It's still a prequel in the sense that it's storyline has nothing to do with continuing PSO's story, but in telling it's own story allows it to fill in the gaps and provide background information for the events which occur during and prior to PSO. Just because it takes place after PSO chronologically, it still functionally acts as a prequel to the series.

-------------------------

Also, if Coral does not play a prominent role in PSO2, and there's room to either develop Coral's story on a parallel line of games (occasionally intertwining with the main series, or not) - then future sequels on the 3DS or PSP should move away from the confusing "PSZero Two" type titles and instead simply focus on keeping the name PSZero with an added subtitle to denote new games. Sort of like how the classics had titles like "End of the Millennium", "Generations of Doom", and "End of the Lost Age."

That, and "PSZero: Winds of Change" (or whatever) makes the series sound much more epic than just "PSZero 2", "PSZero 3", "PSZero II Episode 2", etc. Makes it sound like they're proudly presenting a labor of love, rather than just crapping out another sequel.

GCoffee
Apr 28, 2011, 07:12 AM
I don't know. PSZ really did bomb after all, even in Japan.
They were so much more successful on the PSP with this series that I doubt they would want to take this risk again.

Hatrix
Apr 28, 2011, 12:28 PM
Hmm I never tryed to make some sort of linear sense out of the story... Sinue I know your the resident expert on these matters, could you possibly tell me (briefly if possible I know it can be difficult) how PSZ starts after PSO. I think it would be great if they made an old school "turn based" PS game for the 3DS, Imagine how cool PS IV would look with updated 3D graphics! Your party could be on the touch screen during enemy encounters and would have the option to use the stylus for everything.

Shotte
Apr 28, 2011, 01:41 PM

Heh, you got me there. Dark Falz is being a nightmare for my Ranger, whether or not it is or isn't a prequel. I've always been poor at the 'Big' Type bosses, for instance Mob+Chaos and other smaller, faster bosses tend to be easy for me, but ones such as Octo Diablo (Not hard necessarily but fits the Criteria) Dark Falz and maybe MTrinity.

As for those pleading for more costumes, While I do agree that the customization is rather poor, This is to be expected from DS Games. As these are merely aesthetics, I personally think that while a development for them would be nice, first priority should be given to fixing combat issues. The Camera, as I said, for instance, would be a small, space-economic thing to fix. Also, thanks for actually reading some of that ^^;

But yes, as some say, it didn't do a good job Sales wise. People look at the DS, For instance, and often think:
Too Casual, Poor Graphics, only a D-Pad, Irritating touch screen system, and other things, and come to the conclusion that it's a naturally bad platform to play PS on. The Processing power can be seen as poor, which I agree with: While the Wifi was great for a DS Game (Topped only by FFCC Echoes of Time, in my opinion) And Free, the standard of it could be seen as poorer, due to the lack of free lobbies - Leading to harder partying up and trading.

This was not helped by the critics' reviews, and even reader reviews, which came out as a heavily mixed bag: Complaints about the play mechanics (To a small extent I agree, although the claims that it's unplayable I believe to be fake) The Rubbish Story (It was hardly book-worthy stuff, but I'd say it's an improvement, and the characters were less annoying than that sub-par protagonist Ethan Waber) And the Online mode. Although I thought the PictoChat was a good idea, Nintendo's infuriating friend code system spoilt things, and the canned chat phrases available had a less than impressive selection, not even stretching to simple things such as 'Would you like to do a quest or Free World?' And 'What world would you like to go to?' It's a shame, as the actual wifi combat works out well, and as expected, is much more enjoyable than single player (At least during its good parts)

I Need to learn to streamline these things...

Sinue_v2
Apr 28, 2011, 05:22 PM
Hmm I never tryed to make some sort of linear sense out of the story... Sinue I know your the resident expert on these matters, could you possibly tell me (briefly if possible I know it can be difficult) how PSZ starts after PSO.

Well, basically PSZero is the storyline of what happened to Coral, the homeworld which Pioneer 1, 2, & 3 escaped from. Coral was over-populated and had multiple warring nations fighting over the depleting resources until it was thought that the planet would be unsustainable for much longer. This prompted, or at least was the cover, for the Pioneer projects which were to search for a new home. The pioneer project had a dual purpose though. A meteor had hit the planet some time before PSO, and it carried D-Cellular material which the military found promise in as a bioweapon. Tracing the trajectory of the meteor back, they found Ragol, and created the Pioneer Project as a means of immigrating thousands of scientists and military personnel (pioneer 1) to secure the source of these D-Cells and use them to produce bioweapons.

There was also another project, the Mother Project, which was put into motion. The Mother Project was an attempt at fusing a supercomputer with organics in order to create a controllable supervisory AI and potential weapon. Using the D-Cells which landed on the Meteor, they created Mother Trinity in an attempt to bring the warring factions under control and stabilize the environment. On Ragol, there were three potential AI cores which were being "groomed" to be Ragol's Mother. Calus, Vol Opt, and Olga.

Dark Falz corrupted Vol Opt, and nearly corrupted Calus as well (until you rescue him with the help of Elly). Olga was moved from the Mines to the Seabed plant and fused with a wounded Heithcliff Flowen who had been infected with D-Cells during his battle with Dark Falz, in the hopes of speeding up the Mother transformation. This resulted in Olga Flow. On Coral, Mother Trinity was corrupted by her own D-Cellular core (D-Cells are an extension of Dark Falz's power) and twisted in her logic. As the people of Coral were not heeding her advise, as a last option she elected to commit genocide in order to "thin the herd" to sustainable levels until such a time that the environment recovered.

The only loose thread is Calus, who entered the incubation chamber at the end of the "Two Towers" quest which would turn him into an organic supercomputer. We don't know what happened to him after that. Mother Trinity's destruction of Coral may help explain why Pioneer 2 never returned to Coral, because while they were short on resources after their exodus into space and they had no home left to return to. Even if the people didn't know that, the military (who pulled the Principle's strings), would have. Thus, Pioneer 2 is stuck in orbit for years, leading to resource shortages so severe it prompted a small "genocide" of Casts and Newman so that the human population could survive. Eventually, a separatist faction known as the Arkz would illegally escape to the surface and form a rebellion against the Pioneer 2 government. At the end of Episode III, and the defeat of the "Germ" (another form of Dark Falz), Pioneer 2 finally landed on Ragol.

Phantasy Star Zero starts about two hundred years after these events, on the planet Coral, and tells the story of Humanities re-emergence and reclamation of Coral after the destruction which Mother Trinity rained down began to subside. The main quest doesn't give many of the historical details, but the after-game quest "Mother's Memory" involves securing data terminals which detail the events leading up to Mother Trinity's genocide. Without doing this quest, you're missing the largest bulk of the significance that PSZero plays in supplementing PSO's storyline.

Sorry if that was a bit long.

bstone246
Apr 30, 2011, 03:27 AM
*facepalm* its a what if thread its a hypothetical question

*double face palm* cuz i was just joking.

bstone246
Apr 30, 2011, 03:29 AM
He's asking "What if there was a Phantasy Star Zero 2?"

i know he was, that's why it was a joke....... and yes i am weird.

7thCylon
Apr 30, 2011, 09:35 PM
i guess that explains why mother is harder to kill then dark falz.. i think.. god she was a pain

kirtblue
Apr 30, 2011, 11:46 PM
It's still a prequel in the sense that it's storyline has nothing to do with continuing PSO's story, but in telling it's own story allows it to fill in the gaps and provide background information for the events which occur during and prior to PSO. Just because it takes place after PSO chronologically, it still functionally acts as a prequel to the series.

i both agree and disagree with this
maybe its just the word prequel that bugs me cause its not perhaps its just cause it has zero in the title everyone thinks it is
i do however agree that as it does not have any impact on future stories it should be judged as its own stand alone story
regardless id love to see another game in this story line it was quite fun but too short
it seems just as i had really started getting into it i had pretty much done everything one could do

Arrow
May 1, 2011, 07:31 AM
my 2 cents: the title "Phantasy Star Zero", Zero relating to the storyline item "The Great Blank" and also it could relate to like a "reset" (eg. 5 to 0)

Just what I think ^^;

and also, i say that if there is a PS0 "2" it should have clearer references to the other part of the Phantasy Star story line

Anon_Fire
May 6, 2011, 01:44 PM
And the NPC partners should be redesigned for a sequel. New looks

Shotte
May 6, 2011, 01:50 PM
Oh, I may as well take time to post to say... Sorry about the minor whining about Camera problems, L+X Scrolls it round.

Seth Astra
May 6, 2011, 11:28 PM
And the NPC partners should be removed for a sequel.
fix'd

Hatrix
May 7, 2011, 02:15 AM
Thanks Sinue. That was a perfect explanation ( length did'nt matter to me I just know it's hard to explain, and did'nt want to burden you lol )

Norco
May 7, 2011, 06:37 AM
The more I think about it the more I want a sequel for PSŲ.

Being able to travel to more cities, actually going through an area to get to another. Not just returning to the same city over and over again and then suddenly being able to fly to the city, I wanna walk to it. More lore would be so awesome too, more back story to a certain area or city.

Better quickmenus so you can move while switching weapon or choose a technique to cast that you have learned but don't have in your actionpallete. Make use of the touchscreen! Comon it's a DS game.

All the Lavis weapons!

Oh crap, I went into my dreamworld again. Why didn't anyone stop me from writing this again!? xD

Anon_Fire
May 7, 2011, 08:33 AM
fix'd

Not funny. :(

Mustache
May 7, 2011, 10:54 AM
Lvl 200 max would be a nice start, that way they can add in more weapon with more requirements, more mags, possibly longer levels(except Eternal Tower) and allow everything to be played online(like Eternal Tower).

Seth Astra
May 7, 2011, 11:53 AM
No Eternal Tower, please. I HATE that thing. It really only exists to torment people. Especially HUnewms/newearls who use double sabers, any newearl, and FOs, and possibly other classes that I don't know of that need to farm their best stuff there.

Rovert
May 7, 2011, 07:42 PM
New Phantasy Star Online for the 3ds! god i hope so.

Anon_Fire
May 11, 2011, 12:49 PM
fix'd

The least they could do is improve the NPC's

Norco
May 11, 2011, 02:22 PM
Very good point actually. Their AI I have no problem with really but the npc followers Sarisa, Ogi, Kai and Reve really really really do crappy damage.

I mean they do like 10 - 20 damage on Super Hard while I do like 70 - 350(from low normal attack to hard crit). I'd say that is a huge diffrence.

Anon_Fire
May 17, 2011, 10:42 AM
Very good point actually. Their AI I have no problem with really but the npc followers Sarisa, Ogi, Kai and Reve really really really do crappy damage.

I mean they do like 10 - 20 damage on Super Hard while I do like 70 - 350(from low normal attack to hard crit). I'd say that is a huge diffrence.

Reverser should be brought back too.

Shotte
May 17, 2011, 03:46 PM

True, but they make handy meatshields, and of course, 10-20dmg x3 = 30-60 Damage, not to mention their useful status effects, heals and PAs, and their infinite TP Pool. If they were upgraded, the game would either be far too easy offline, or they'd have to upgrade the monsters to cope with this, but then this would make the online very hard unless the damage and HP Was Lowered for this, which is, quite frankly, weird.

Chaos Rappy
May 17, 2011, 06:23 PM
Rather meatshields not stealing my kills every few seconds than having to deal with superpowers like PSO's Ultimate Ruins again... still hate that place to this day. :P

bns1991
May 17, 2011, 06:25 PM
Sega would be fools not to make a sequel for this game. It would be on the 3ds, so they could put a lot into it, even make it as good as psp2. A level cap of 200 would be cool...

Mustache
May 17, 2011, 06:27 PM
I like Ultimate Ruin alot more than Ultimate Seabed...Freakin' Delbiters.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 17, 2011, 08:25 PM
we need a 3DS PSZ, PSZ had too many restrictions on the hardware of the DS, and don't get me wrong, i love the DS, but it just can't play a game like this fully, we need terrain ramps, more character customization, either more or longer areas, more mags, and unique weapons instead of like a 100 that have a few different colors, it would be pretty much the best thing ever

Anon_Fire
May 18, 2011, 06:11 PM
We should be able to create our own quests.

Chaos Rappy
May 18, 2011, 06:14 PM
Eh... no, I don't see why that should be an option... it would make farming items far too easy if we could make the mission have whatever we wanted in it and simply spam our own mission just to hunt specific things... :/

Mustache
May 18, 2011, 06:35 PM
^ I agree with this, having this as an option will destroy any kind of actual economy in the game as well as people figuring out how to hack the game.

chibipocky15
May 18, 2011, 06:49 PM
i'M NOT SURE IF I ASKED THIS QUESTION XP
But isn't Phantasy Star Zero after Phantasy star Online? Cuz of Mother Trinity? Since like that as int he originial game? So wouldn't that lead to Phantasy Star Universe, how does the Phantasy Star timeline work?
Cuz we have earth n moon, so we understand how to colonize on other planets now I get that... But isn't that was Phantasy Star Online 2 is about colonizing on other Planets, so that's why I'm confused. Is it inbetween 1 and 1 of pso? I mean there can always ps02, cuz it would still make sense..... But Yeah...... I understand whats comes after PSU hough lmao XD
-is stupid-
I like Beast but I don't think they belong in ps0 is that bad :/? or ps0 2.... or pso2

Chaos Rappy
May 18, 2011, 07:34 PM
According to the timeline as far as I can remember, Zero is probably one of the later ones in the timelines, with it referring to the planet as Coral in one of the side-story missions referring to why MT went crazy in the first place and looking back through the memory stored on those terminals; that being said, it's at least after PSO methinks.

I also agree with you one the beasts thing... can't see what the point in making them was, besides adding something different besides an a human race, a space elf race, and a race of androids, but they don't really belong anywhere statictically speaking... speaking of which, Dewmans, the new race, really have no place whatsoever as far as I can tell... beasts were a little awkward stepping into the mix, and now Dewmans are honestly just they're way of screwing up EVERYTHING, and most definitely not belonging anywhere in the mix, as far as I care... <.<

chibipocky15
May 19, 2011, 06:03 AM
I like BEast, I think they added a form or originallity but it doesnt really explain how they we're made or where they came from it's like HERE YAH GO!!
I like Beast Mode alot, and they're my favorite race...... But I wish they would explain more on how they we're made and why XD
I know for mining but still.... not enough!!!
I disliek the Dumans, it's just a Human, that's copying a Newman and it's like evil-ish looking. It also goes against the logic of PSU because Humans weren't affected by the SEED, right?
But I enjoy new family members, so It doesn't affect me much... I just wish people wouldnt complain about a race in any phantasy star game that comes after universe int he timeline, because, you can change they're type. Since Dumans sppecially thing is have a moe where they channel anger and unleash it, making the melel attacks faster and stronger, while having a long defense, seems kinda like a challenge, but my question is why don't they just change them to forces?, equipped them with mele weapons a force can use and get it over with. easy peasy lemon squeezy..... lol BUT I LIEK THE 3DS IDEA...... but who thinks it'll actually happen D':

Mike
May 19, 2011, 06:07 AM
Humans weren't affected by the SEED, right?
They were but since this is the wrong board for that discussion.

Chaos Rappy
May 19, 2011, 07:32 PM
Looking forward to a PSZ that takes advantage of the universal 3DS friend code. :D

Light dragon
May 19, 2011, 09:02 PM
Personally I would rather it be a console game so that it could much bigger content wise >_>;

Chaos Rappy
May 19, 2011, 09:17 PM
No, PSO rules the console universe. It's Zero's divine role to dominate the handheld Nintendo realm. Universe/Portable series can have the Sony systems, Zero and Online will just take the rest. :P

Also, if you really want someone to blame for the lack of content, it's really Sega (mostly SoA)'s fault anyways. PSZ barely used 1/4th of the power the DS could use memory-wise, and SoA made that even less by removing the now JP-only items. Trust me, it's not really the content that's an issue, since this still has decent content for how much memory it uses; Zero was merely a test by Sega, I feel, and one that will allow Sega to realize the now-released 3DS's potential and truly DOMINATE it later on... oh, how I cannot wait for that day... ~<3

Also, aside from the lack of content, I believe the reason that Zero had used so little data was because Sega planned on having a lot of DLC made in the future, but trashed the idea later on in the process of making it, releasing only a half-complete version of the game. Think of it: an extra difficulty, hundreds more items to be gotten, including higher-* gear and other cool stuff, at least twice as many areas, three times as many enemies, and quadruple the amount of items trunk space and a lot more inventory space to carry your gear... that's basically what could have been possible had they really tried on the game, but I'm guessing it was a little underbudgeted or just a rush-job that made them not go full on with how they made it. Really, you can't deny that it makes you just anticipate what they're going to do in the next release, be it Online 2 or the next handheld Phantasy star (possibly Zero 2, could be an entirely new series, who knows, but I know I cannot wait for the day info is released about it). >:3

Light dragon
May 19, 2011, 09:20 PM
lol I see. Well I think alot of the stuff i would like in ps0 2 cant be done on a handheld but at the same time i might not be giving the 3ds enough credit. however as i do not plan to buy 3ds a possible psz0 2 on it might change my mind

Chaos Rappy
May 19, 2011, 09:27 PM
Trust me, I've seen a list of the games coming to the 3DS, and while it might look pretty pathetic with what's out now, the games coming out by the end of this year may help change your mind, perhaps, depending on what games you like. I know I'm looking forward to the new FF(maybe? I can't remember, but I could have sworn I saw one) and Paper Mario coming out on it. (b^.^)b

Light dragon
May 19, 2011, 09:39 PM
Maybe FF and maybe paper Mario. I have to see the list of what comes out. I know the one game im interested in is Devil Survivor. Cant really think of anything else due to not looking into it xD

Chaos Rappy
May 19, 2011, 09:48 PM
OH YEAH, I also reserved that too, SMTDS:Overclocked. Can't wait for that, with all that I did in the original DeSu. I reserved four games, three of which I just named (but the fourth I can't remember). :D

EDIT: Got it, the fourth was Animal Crossing. See all the soon-to-be-released 3DS games here. (http://3ds.nintendolife.com/games/soon)

EDITEDIT: Upon looking at the list, I have two more games I must reserve now: Cave Story 3D, and Harvest Moon, assuming it lives up to HMDS. :D

Light dragon
May 19, 2011, 09:52 PM
lol i didnt play the original unfortunately however im up for overclocked. animal crossing...never got into that game.

to not derail topic completely alot of the things i would want in ps0 2 have already been mentioned