PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 To solve your woes

GreenThunder
Apr 22, 2011, 02:56 PM
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here or not, but all of you currently know that the PSN is down, well, you can use a program with your computer that acts like ad-hoc party on the PS3.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=games

^ Using the program and a USB cable, you can play games online via ad-hoc. If you don't have a USB cable, you're basically screwed. This does work, and it supports a lot of games, not just for the PSP but for multiple other consoles too.

That aside...if I'm not allowed to post things like this, please let me know.

Broken_L_button
Apr 22, 2011, 04:41 PM
Hmmm...I thought Xlink kai needed some wi-fi adaptor or whatnot for your computer to intercept your PSP's signal and do the tunneling...But hearing that it can do it with simply the USB cable changes everything. If it really DOES work, I guess my "no wi-fi on campus" problem is now done for :D

Time to try this out!

joshboyd1209
Apr 22, 2011, 05:10 PM
Hmmm...I thought Xlink kai needed some wi-fi adaptor or whatnot for your computer to intercept your PSP's signal and do the tunneling...But hearing that it can do it with simply the USB cable changes everything. If it really DOES work, I guess my "no wi-fi on campus" problem is now done for :D

Time to try this out!
Me too I was even planning on spending some of my Christmas money on an adaptor for it so I could play PSP1 with other people.

Randomness
Apr 22, 2011, 05:46 PM

Time to try this out!

Quick skim, looks like the USB only works with custom firmware.

Broken_L_button
Apr 22, 2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah, noticed that after looking on their forums a bit. Oh well. Time to finally get a real wi-fi adaptor.

joshboyd1209
Apr 22, 2011, 06:06 PM
Hmmm I wonder if my computer's internal adapter is compatible I don't think it mentioned it on their compatibilty list, but when I was looking at the configuration settings it mentioned it.

Neo Flint
Apr 22, 2011, 06:12 PM
I've downloaded it and tried to start it but I keep getting this "Unable to initialize PSSDK library" message. :/

GreenThunder
Apr 22, 2011, 07:16 PM
Oh dammit. The one I used a while back had a different method that did allow you to use just a USB cable, but they didn't offer support for a lot of games.

Luckily the Wi-Fi adaptor method isn't that complicated, I guess.

Oh, Neo Flint, you have to right click on the program in the start menu, choose properties, and under compatibility, choose Windows XP Service Pack 2. That's how it works. Also make sure you run it as an administrator.

That aside, I'm gonna try to find a way to do it without custom firmware and a Wi-Fi Adaptor.

joshboyd1209
Apr 22, 2011, 07:21 PM
That aside, I'm gonna try to find a way to do it without custom firmware and a Wi-Fi Adaptor.
I have a Realtek internal adaptor in my Dell Mini(mine is a first gen Mini so all Minis might not have them anymore also mine is still running XP I got it just in time for still getting XP ):).

EDIT: Darnit my compstible network adapter is an ethernet only darn if only I could reverse the compatiility of my two adapters so my wireless is the compatible and the wired wasn't.

EDIT2:Scratch my last edit if my line of thought is correct I need ti exactly as it is. Unless of course both have to be compatible.