PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Magashi Plan Guide

Evegodenraven
Apr 24, 2011, 07:12 PM
alright... i've had few people ask me how to do Magashi Plan since it's the best freaken way to level up if you can get thru it.... here i'm here to help =D

Not really happy about posting this cause now i have to think -_- lol...

anyways lets talk basics first...
1. Mob Elements
2. Equipments
3. Stages 5-7(1-4 are easy)

1. Mob Elements
The Mob elements are:
-Fire
-Earth
-Dark
AND
-Light (thats if you get the the rare game.)

2. Equipment:
Take weapons with you that do a lot of damage and weapons that you know you can control well with to dodge and block with. my fav weapons are twin sabers(which a lot of other people use to)
but the weapons you need are:
-Ice
-Lightning
-Light
and
-Dark (online if you get the rare map)

Armos you need are:
-Fire
-Earth
-Dark
and
Light(only if you get rare map)

Units you need:
Sleep resist
stun resist
freeze resist
and
any other unit you want
(don't be a noob and be like, " o but what about power units and def units" NO!!!! BAD!!!! those units are crap... all they do is add 1-5 dmg more to your attack... THATS IT!!!! the resists are your best friends... if you get effects by a stat that does not let you move then you'll get OWNED!!! get it?)

now... the one thing that i always tell people to take with them is a Rod with the 4 most used skills in the whole game.
-Shifta
-Deband
-Resta
and
-Giresta

only use the rod when you know your in a safe spot
reason behind the Rod is because if you can use your rod to heal yourself that would mean the less use of Mates. Because of my Rod i find myself never using my trimates or not all of them...... don't use your rod when your in a middle of a fight. If you have to or want to then move to a spot where it would take some time for the mobs to get to you so you have enough time to cast.

3. Stages 5-7

now the thing is that if you use the equipment and are smart enough to get thru stages 1-4 then stage 5 should be the only stage that gives you a hard time to get thru, reason being is because you can get Diga'd to death by Vanda's....

now.... the way i take out stage 5 is easy, go after the vanda's before they can diga you to death.... there are around 10 vanda's that spawn on stage 5 and while you try taking them out make sure you try your best to dodge the Galdeens..... if you can get thru the Vanda's then the galdeens shouldn't give you any problems.... the way the vanda's spawn is in 1's until the last 2 which spawn together. This part should be the hardest part for anyone...

now a lot of people ask... "well if stage 5 is hard then what about getting to stage 6 and 7?"
here the anwser... you only have to deal with EITHER (being the key word here) stage 6 or stage 7. you don't go thru stage 6 and then 7, you choose which one you want to go thru.

Stage 6 has mid to large size mobs that don't take long to kill which a lot of people like but the amount of mobs is a lot.

Stage 7 has only large mobs which you only have to deal with 2 at a time(the last area of stage 7 has around 6 large mobs that spawn when you take down 1 of the 2.
(stage 7 is the one i like going thru)

now my little pets..... the last room only has Magashi in it and he is the easyest Mob to kill. you only have to deal with one of him =D great news huh? wrong.... even tho Magashi is easy as hell to deal with, Seed-Helga isn't as easy.... don't worry those that aren't lvl 175+... Seed-Helga only shows up after you kill Magashi and if you under 175 hen she wont even spawn and you will finish with the mission getting your awesome amount of job points =D.

one last thing, i'v had a guy ask me why he keeps getting A rank on Magashi plan when he is lvl 15X and why he isn't getting S rank... the way that work is on psp2 pedia. depending on what level you are, not on how well you get thru Magashi plan.

B rank requires a character level of 90 or more.
A rank requires a character level of 140 or more.
S rank requires a character level of 165 or more

like it says, if you lvl 90 of higher you get B rank, if your 140+ or higher you get A rank and if your 165 or higher then you get S rank. those are the stats you will get depending on the level you are.

alright thats the end of it. hope this helps a lot of you out -_-....

Jorry
Apr 24, 2011, 08:14 PM
(don't be a noob and be like, " o but what about power units and def units" NO!!!! BAD!!!! those units are crap... all they do is add 1-5 dmg more to your attack... THATS IT!!!! the resists are your best friends... if you get effects by a stat that does not let you move then you'll get OWNED!!! get it?)

<.<
>.>
I use those all the time, but I don't get owned... I think the real problem is lack of skill.:-?

Shakuri
Apr 24, 2011, 08:41 PM
Easiest way to deal with the Vandas is to just run past them while setting two or three regular traps while evading the Galdeens. After the Vanda are disposed of, back into the farthest corner from the Galdeen spawn points and equip a good AoE PA, at least 1 of the 3 Galdeen that will constantly spawn will do the regular run + normal attack instead of the spin dash. Perfect counter with the AoE PA, and you should be able to finish off all of the Galdeen, wash, rinse, repeat.

Honestly, ME was never hard, its was just time consuming if you didn't have a good strategy for it. The enemies die so fast they aren't a real threat.

Wayu
Apr 24, 2011, 09:21 PM
The Vandas don't have a casting time; they also can immediately fire off a Diga the moment they spawn.

-Wayu

DeviFoxx
Apr 24, 2011, 09:40 PM
Maybe you should post the easiest places to farm stones? That may be an issue for some as well.

Aine
Apr 24, 2011, 10:12 PM
The only resist you need in Magashi is Stun, the other two (three) slots are better taken up by Power/Force units.

Only the first (crown) Vanda fires off a Diga without casting, and it's predictable; claw swipe → Diga. Kill this guy first, and the others shouldn't be a problem.

Because the enemy HP is so low, you'll find that if you play more offensively rather than defensively, it's not only faster but easier too.

Xiah189
Apr 24, 2011, 11:15 PM
It's pretty simple, it's all in the preparation.

My personal recommendation:

3 80% extended Cho Hees. Cho Hees are broken and OP for the level you can equip them and even in endgame. Lightning, Water, Light, obviously.

The most important ability you should have equip is Wild Blast. Wild Blast + Rod to heal + using those laser fence to your advantage = having a room clearer when you need it, and often.

The rooms I always find myself using my gauge are the first room with multiple draguar, the room with the 3 giant seeds, room with tons of Navals and those giant flying bat/thingy. And most of all, ALWAYS, ALWAYS have your gauge ready for the Vanda room.

The first Vanda that spawns is always the Kinged one, the one that fires off Diga instantly. You want to wait just slightly, about 2 seconds after he spawns, then unleash your Blast right in the center, this will kill the Vanda and about 5 Galdeens, clearing the room nicely for you to take care of the rest of the vandas that spawn.

As for the rest of the vanda, you don't even need to get fancy with bomb placement. Just memorize where they spawn, run behind them, 2 hit + Dus Skad and they're dead. Then immediately move onto the next Vanda that's about to spawn. It's very simple. I'll upload a video of this particular room later.

After the Vanda room, the rest is a piece of cake.

Syrus08
Apr 30, 2011, 10:05 AM
I talked smack in a different post about my Newman Jessica running this pretty easily as a Vanguard. So I brought her back and my first run she only made it to the Vanda room. Then I remembered my nozonde and she made it pretty easily. I want to try it with Wild blast now. Thanks for the tip.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 12:05 PM
I think I should say this. It might seem obvious, but:

If you're lv. 165 you're gonna have to fight Helga for that S-Rank.

-Wayu

Broken_L_button
Apr 30, 2011, 01:09 PM
Actually, isn't it Clevel 175 or more? I've been consistently spamming this thing with my level 166 Force and haven't gotten Helga to spawn yet. (I miss her laughter D:)

blace
Apr 30, 2011, 01:13 PM
I've looked at the guide and it shows Helga showing up at level 175. Everything else below 175 gets Magashi.

Neith
Apr 30, 2011, 01:34 PM
For the Vanda/Galdeen room, I ignore the Vanda. If you stay away from it and take care of the Galdeen, it'll just stand there spamming Shifta and walk around a little. If it comes near, run away; provided you're not near the Vanda, the Galdeen can be taken care of easily and the Vanda won't throw Diga if you're far enough away. I always leave the Vanda until last but keep an eye on it, as I find Galdeen annoying.

Also, for the Carriguine/Vear room at the end, if you're underleveled, just run out of the room as soon as they spawn and run back down the ramp. They'll follow and get stuck on the dividing rail where you can use a gun to take them out.

Honestly, I find the Darvaguines the hardest part just because they don't take much melee damage. Mind, I haven't fought SEED-Helga yet so I don't know about her.

Broken_L_button
Apr 30, 2011, 01:45 PM
Twin handguns are best for Darvaguines. On a FOcaseal/FOnewearl, :light: Twin Hanguns w/ hit bullets, 20 chain+CS = dead Darvaguine. The other classes will most likely only need 12 chain or less if they use hit bullets. Just make sure you don't stay too far from it or it'll trigger their Deband casting (which is faster than the Dakamazli's). Watch out for their spitting attack too; despite being Dakamazli reskins, their spitting attack has 2,5 times the radius of theirs and hits 4 times.

Wayu
Apr 30, 2011, 02:04 PM
Le derp. Wrong figure. Yes, it's 175.

-Wayu

Alisha
Jul 24, 2011, 02:14 AM
just tried this mission twice and i got smacked around. i think im just flat out unprepared for this mission. i think i need to collect some better sabers/claws(some of my weapons are 20 levels lower than me) and find some higher level shifta/deband. i actually did fairly well with my def build when deband was up but since my deband is lvl 1 buff(lvl10) it would run out in the middle of a room. the seond time i tried i just trapped the first room to 1 shot them but i died in the second room because im not used to switching up armors. also thinking of trying rising strike so i have some level of crowd control.

Alisha
Jul 24, 2011, 09:26 AM
^Use Rampa (knuckles), Axes (Normal hit + Guard cancel). Normal traps for Vanda room and the far corner + Just guarding and Grudda for the Galdeen. Everything else is fairly easy.

knuckles and axes not an option without completely dismantling my vanguard build. just because any class can use anything doesnt mean i want too. :D

Neith
Jul 24, 2011, 10:08 AM
Honestly, knuckles are your best bet for Magashi Plan, everything else leaves you vulnerable to counter-attack. Rampa launches on first hit, does loads of damage and can take out most enemies in MP easily enough.

What's your build though? If you refuse to change then maybe there's a way to adapt your build.

Alisha
Jul 24, 2011, 10:33 AM
my build is....
S-sheilds
S-claws
S-sabers when i get enough points...(currently A)
A-Ra mags
B-rod.-for downtime healing
was thinking of picking up card/whip combo for one of my slots
equiped abilities
ATK Boost
Wild Blast
Burst Bomber
Healing Item Boost

all my armors have
3x Solid/Guard and either Lightning Flash or Levee Impact.

my sabers are starting to fall behind so i'm hunting for new stuff. just found that silence claw tonight and its about twice strong as all my sabers except DB Sword but it still has 200 more atp than that. shame it only comes in ice. the shields i'm running are mostly artemis' so those provide a further 50 def.

Merm
Jul 24, 2011, 10:56 AM
What's your type level? Because with those weapons there should be enough space for an A-Rank of either the Knuckles or Axes?
My advice is to put the Ra Mags/sabers away for a pair of Knuckles. Or you could use Gravity Strike/Rising Strike + Normal Traps in the Vanda room. Kill Vandas first; Galdeen are annoying but they can't one shot you with Digas to the face.
What room are you stuck in specifically?

Neith
Jul 24, 2011, 11:15 AM
Ditch the Solid / Guard, it's no help in Magashi Plan. Change them to /Legs units if you can (anything might help).

Maybe switch out Wild Blast for some other abilities (HP boost would be an idea for Magashi Plan). Ditch the R-Mags and Saber, set Claw with Shield, and (after dropping the R-Mags/Claw), bring S-knuckles if possible. They'll make life a lot easier.

For the Galdeen room I kill the Galdeen first; if you stay away from the Vanda it won't attack you. However, if it's giving you trouble, try taking the Vanda first and see if it helps at all.

Kurosu
Jul 24, 2011, 11:27 AM
Yep, those Guard units are terrible, they won't do anything significant. You should be using Deband from a rod if you aren't yet, it gives a significant boost to your DEF/MND/EVA.

Alisha
Jul 24, 2011, 11:11 PM
but they do something dependable wich is more than i can say about leg units so they stay besides they extend the life of my mates. not gonna drop the sabers since rising strike should get the same effect.

you do realize if i droped the def units and sheild/saber in favor of knuckles i'd lose close to 100 def? i'll run it again after i do some treasure hunting.

Emp
Jul 24, 2011, 11:19 PM
but they do something dependable wich is more than i can say about leg units so they stay besides they extend the life of my mates. not gonna drop the sabers since rising strike should get the same effect.

Good job. Good to stick with what your race is good in. Plus EVA is too hyped anyway.

Mike
Jul 24, 2011, 11:23 PM
Leg units raise your evasion which is far more dependable than defense. 5 DFP will reduce damage by one point so even with a Feril/Guard you only reduce the damage you take by around 5 points. Even if you stacked four guard units, you'd only reduce the damage you take by a maximum of 20 points. That's just a drop of water in the ocean. (This is ignoring elements, btw) Three leg units should suffice to get you past a lot of attacks, race/sex depending.

Merm
Jul 25, 2011, 03:05 AM
Unless you're a Cast/Dewman/Ranger of any race that enjoys using lots and lots of Shotguns, the Leg units are kinda needed.

Either way, for those I just enjoy stacking Hit or Power units anyway, just so I can kill things faster. If you're a Beast or Newman, definitely get some Leg units. Think about it this way: Is it better to have reduced damage done, or no damage done at all?

Crimson The FOmar
Jul 25, 2011, 06:17 AM
I don't bother with EVA with my RAcaseal, I just stack Feril/Hits :p

At least Beasts have the advantage over Newmans that their wild blast (the tattoo) isn't a unit, so they can have 4 stat boosting units instead of 3... correct me if I'm wrong...

Alisha
Jul 25, 2011, 01:07 PM
just ran it again. this time i made it to a hellish room with an i'll placed laser fence. the problems started after i killed the del lily'ish things. ultimate i died because i took a big hit and couldnt fumble through my pallete fast enough to use a mate since i recently use an ex trap. silence claw was pretty much all i needed to use. 1 attack then a JA pa killed pretty much everything. the only thing keeping me from trying it again is that im criminally low on scape dolls.

Merm
Jul 25, 2011, 10:39 PM
I don't bother with EVA with my RAcaseal, I just stack Feril/Hits :p

At least Beasts have the advantage over Newmans that their wild blast (the tattoo) isn't a unit, so they can have 4 stat boosting units instead of 3... correct me if I'm wrong...

I do that with my RANewm and RACast. :P No point if Laser Cannons are just gonna decrease the EVA right?

Anyway, for the Scape Dolls, uh. Just run a few easy missions then trade in your badges for a Scape.