PDA

View Full Version : Things PSO2 should do, that PSU did not.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 24, 2011, 09:41 PM
Being a long time PSO fan since the dreamcast days, I can tell you (aswell as any pso fan) that PSU did not deliver like we were all expecting it to.

For starters the graphics were pretty bad (not a huge improvement from pso), the music was "meh" at best, and the game just didnt have that amazing magical feel to it that PSO had. You when you played PSO it was always fun and hardly ever boring. The music was great and so were the graphics for it's time. The level of polish was much higher aswell. Everything had a very nice touch to it. PSU lacked all of these things.

Another huge thing about PSO was the fact that we were always connected with the Japanese servers and EU servers. Basically we were all together in one big place. You could either choose US, EU, or JP. There was no such thing as JP servers only and US/EU only. I'm aware that on the 360 we are all connected too, but that doesnt really count since 98% of the Japanese population plays on their own JP server which is the PC one. It's no secret that they are far ahead of us because of this reason alone.

In PSO we were all equal for the most part. We all had access to the same things at all times. There was no such thing as "Oh JP is one year and a half ahead of us!!".

Now dont get me wrong, PSU is a really cool game (IMO) but I would be lying if I said that it didnt lack in many departments. However when comparing it to PSO it does have some cool things to offer.

In PSO the combat was much more basic and not as flashy as PSU's. For example, melee attacks were done by doing a easy to do 3 hit button input. It require timing kinda like Just Attacking in psu only easier. Some weapons like Sabers did only 3 hits, other weapons did up to 6 hits (with a 3 button press aswell). Basically each weapon type had it's own ammount of hits and animation. However that was it.

PSU has that along with PA's. This made combat much more awesome and more fun. In pso you actually found techs with a random lvl (from 1-30 30 being the max lvl and also really rare) in PSU as we all know we level up our techs so in my opinion this was a much better thing as well.

PSU is a game that has good things, but it's negative things far outweight it. For example. PSO only had 8 "missions" (GC version and up) it was divided by Episode 1 and Episode 2. Ep1 had Forest, Caves, Mines, and Ruins (just like our current event in psu). Ep2 had Temple, Sapceship, Central Control Area, and Seabed.

Now you might think, that PSO was boring because it only had 8 maps to play on, but you are wrong. These maps were FAR more polished than ANYTHING psu has to offer. For example, when you werent fighting creatures, the map had a different theme and when you came across some monsters the game had a different theme (just like a traditional rpg cool!) plus all 8 maps were COMPLETELY unique from one another all with their own monsters and music. They all had a main boss at the end, none of the bosses were cut and paste bosses either (or reskins) they were all VERY unique with their own themes.

To spice it up even more, PSO had a mode called Ultimate mode this made everything really hard, but to make things even cooler the maps in Ep1 had a different look to them. For example, the forest insted of being in the daytime it was set in the sunset and all of the monsters had a brand new look to them (mostly more evil brutal looking). Ep2 has Ultimate mode as well, but the maps and creatures all stay the same :)

PSU has a TON of missions! However, most of them suck...That's a HUGE problem with psu.

For starters, alot of them look the same, have the same theme, have the same monsters, and if they do have a boss it's just a reskin with the same theme as the other boss. It's lame as hell. It just feels very "meh" compared to PSO. It's like sure we have a ton of missions in psu, but they all look the same as the other.

In psu everyone (including myself) run one mission only for the most part. But in PSO you ran them all. Every mission had it's own unique items as well. So there was always a reason to go to a certain one if you wanted a rare from that said mission.

Now that I explained all of this (mostly for those who have not played PSO) lets move on to the meat of my topic.

PSO2 should be alot more like PSO (again I love my psu, but i'm not blind) but, it should take what PSU did right into account as well. For example, PA's PSO2 should have PA's and leveling them up should be silimar to PSU. Classes, PSO2 should also have many classes like PSU. PSO had classes but they were tied to a certain character and race. For example, a HUmar was a Human, Male, Hunter a HUnewearl was Female, Newman, Hunter. You could not change their classes. If you picked a HUmar you were a HUmar forever.

PSO2 should take the PSU class system aswell I really enjoy that about psu. PSU gives you freedom. Hell you can be a Neuman Fight master if you want or a Cast Master Force is you want. Sure it may not be most ideal thing to be but who cares, psu gives you that freedom ^_^

Now heres another very important thing. PSO2 should be handle much different than how PSU got handled in the US. As we all know it's horrible, updates are slow, we are behind as hell, we have had a huge number of server related problems etc etc. As of right no we are about a year and a half behind japan (ouch).

The best thing to cure this would be to have everyone together once again n one huge server US, EU, and JP. That way when JP gets updated we get updated. Or if they insist on splitting us up again, we need a much better staff here in the US from my understanding our staff is small and not very competent (sorry but its true). We need to get the updates fast so that we can stay on par with japan or close to them and have us stay that way.

Now i'm not gonna blame everything on SOA I know SOJ has a hand in this aswell. Overall both have to get in gear and treat everyone the same. There's been countless debates on why we are so behind japan some even say SOJ/SOA just doesnt care some even say it's racism from SOJ who knows. What I do know is that the results suck, and such results have made many players quit psu.

So again they need to treat everyone the same that way we can all enjoy the updates the same way our fellow japanese players enjoy them.

Anyways, the new stuff about PSO2 made me make this topic. I'm a huge PSO fan (the reason I play psu) so I figured i'd post my thoughts on the matter since i've played both for many years now :)

I can keep going on in more detail about both games, but that's the gist of it. Plus I dont wanna bore you guys with so much text, this is already long enough.

Anyhow, like always please post your thoughts on the topic at hand, tell me what you personally would like to see in PSO2 compared to PSU, let me know if you agree or disagree with some of the things I want etc etc. Anyone's opinion is welcome here. Even from thsoe who only played psu.

Vashyron
Apr 24, 2011, 10:08 PM
Sorry, but some of those reasons just sound nostalgic to me.

PSOBB EU/US was separated from JP.

PSO has as much reskins as PSU, look at the most obvious, 3 Booma variants, then they were sharks and again 3 variants, mines had some original stuff then, ruins, 3 Dimenians variants again. Which are all obviously reskined Boomas. Then Hello Ultimate!

EP2 did bring in more original stuff, but then EP4 had to bring along more Booma variants again along with some new stuff. (Just picking the obvious Booma reskins here since there were so many, there were others of course.)

PSU's White Beast is akin to PSO's TTF, sure you do something else for rares that you can't find in there, but most people are going to be constantly running it.

For starters, alot of them look the same, have the same theme, have the same monsters, and if they do have a boss it's just a reskin with the same theme as the other boss. It's lame as hell. It just feels very "meh" compared to PSO. It's like sure we have a ton of missions in psu, but they all look the same as the other. Though this sounds exactly like PSO, always the same levels with the same enemies, now if the levels were better designed or etc, that's your opinion, but it sounds exactly like PSO. Now on bosses they obviously had to compensate for having a huge amount of missions, they obviously weren't going to make a unique boss for each landscape, now what's the easiest way out for Sega than to reskin something?

I pretty much agreed with the rest, though I would actually prefer PSP2i class system.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 24, 2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks for clearing up the PSOBB stuff for me. I didnt touch up on any of the PSOBB stuff cuz I didnt have a computer that could run games at the time so I just skipped it all together lol.

I only played Dreamcast and GC version of PSO :)

I have to disagree a lil on your post though. Sure PSO did infact had some reskins and the levels all had the same "feel" to them. But they were atleast much different from each other with totaly different enemies from one another.

Lets takes Moatoob in psu for example, Like 5 missions there with the same exact monsters, same music, same level design (not even a different color..) the exact same thing. The only difference is the name of the mission.

Now dont get me wrong, I totaly understand what you are saying, but it's not as bad as psu. In pso atleast they tried. in psu they just said **** it cut and paste all day...

As for the nostalgic stuff, you're right. I love PSO so I do feel alot of nostalgia when I think about it.

Vashyron
Apr 24, 2011, 10:21 PM
It is certainly more apparent in PSU since they went crazy with the copy and pasting, but though think if every single PSU map theme had only 1 variant that wouldn't be a improvement now would it?

They were certainly designed for copy and pasting in mind though.

Dongra
Apr 24, 2011, 10:24 PM
You neglected to mention that half of the enemies in episode 2 are the exact same enemies from episode 1.

ChronoTrigga
Apr 24, 2011, 10:25 PM
Downloadable updates, rather than unlocking content we already paid for.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 24, 2011, 10:27 PM
Yea exactly, it's like they didnt even bother to "hide" the cutting and pasting.

Pretty much what i'm trying to say is that, I would prefer less missions to play on as long as every mission has it's own very unique items, unique monsters, unique music, and unique bosses.

In this regard PSO did a much better job.

I just hope PSO2 has little to no cut and paste. But we will see. I can deal with some like PSO, I just dont want it to get out of hand like in psu lol.

Vashyron
Apr 24, 2011, 10:30 PM
You neglected to mention that half of the enemies in episode 2 are the exact same enemies from episode 1.

I was just really going with the Booma variants. EP2 Spaceship and Temple did have all the EP1 stuff and boss reskins.

Yea exactly, it's like they didnt even bother to "hide" the cutting and pasting.

Pretty much what i'm trying to say is that, I would prefer less missions to play on as long as every mission has it's own very unique items, unique monsters, unique music, and unique bosses.

In this regard PSO did a much better job.

I just hope PSO2 has little to no cut and paste. But we will see. I can deal with some like PSO, I just dont want it to get out of hand like in psu lol.

Been said already that PSO2 areas will be "randomly" generated, so it's PSU-ish? Though hoping that it's actually random and not like 3 variants with the same spawns and etc.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 24, 2011, 10:38 PM

Hey hey..Atleast Temple had it's own unique look and music to boot! lol.

It's not just that too ahh it's hard to explain.

For example, in PSO thinsg were just "prettier" had more polish.

In PSU the level design is just uhh really? Oh well whatever I guess... It's like they didnt really care that much. Atleast those are the vibes that I get. Of course anyone can disagree.

CCA and Seabed were the true players on Ep2 though :)

CCA looked AMAZING. NOTHING on psu looks amazing like that. To be honest with you the graphics in CCA look better than anything psu currently has...

CCA is just a very pretty lush place with a ton of detail. It's like you can tell they put EFFORT into it. Atleast when it coems to level design. The maps in psu are just flat and dull.

That's what lacks in psu IMO.

Vashyron
Apr 24, 2011, 10:42 PM
Seabed was nice, somehow PSU didn't think to do any map with reflections.

Tetsaru
Apr 24, 2011, 10:42 PM
Guess I'll post my thoughts:

Make MAG's customizable equipment like how they were in PSO, but perhaps with more options. Allow them to auto-attack like how Range-MAGs did in PSU, but don't necessarily limit it to "pew pew" attacks; let them fly around and smack enemies, or cast techs too.
Bring back Section ID's to allow for more varied drops and encourage item trading/selling, or cooperation with others in hunts.
Vehicles and/or mounts that are actually FUN and don't control like ass and don't only show up during events. Better yet, a customizable SPACESHIP that you could use to get to different areas, or use in space combat!
Be able to actually EXPLORE multiple planets instead of being comprised entirely of instanced, reskinned dungeon-like areas. Iow, huge world maps of sorts, similar to FF11/FF14, etc. Instanced areas/towns/dungeons could still be present, but none of this lobby crap that only serves to look pretty.
Missions/quests that involve more that just "kill everything to win" and have actual rewards, such as exclusive weapons, PA's, etc.
Since PSO2 has jumping, add some minor platforming elements to the gameplay. I'm sure there'll be some already, judging from the footage and screenshots, but make it meaningful and challenging at times.
Have areas you can swim in! I think it'd be interesting to have underwater areas, like the flooded Seabed from Episode II... or even outer space areas! For example, part of the space colony was damaged in an attack, you have to don a spacesuit and repair it before something bad happens and/or defend against any new attacks. Low-gravity combat, anyone?
Make it to where large enemies with multiple hitboxes aren't hit in each of them with one attack. I felt like the big enemies/bosses in PSU had x5 damage bonus multipliers on them whenever they got attacked, and it made them feel a lot easier to kill...
Make bosses actually intimidating and difficult as hell. I got tired of nuking the hell out of a lame reskinned dragon boss in 10 seconds with poor, predictable AI...
Make drops like how they were in PSZ (and I think the PSP series too): have different items drop on each player's screen so that there is no bickering/forced sharing/weird distribution of items.
If included, make synthing and grinding actually ENJOYABLE and worth the effort.
Don't allow PA's or moves to be spammed to the point where it becomes "press X repeatedly to win."
Personally, I would like to see a separate damage stat for Rangers. Hunters have ATP, Forces have MST/TP, but Rangers don't really have their own stat to differentiate their damage from everyone else. I think this would fix some character imbalancing issues, such as how Beasts were able to be good gunners despite their low ATA.
Bring back tekkers and unknown items, but perhaps make it more than "you find a ??? weapon, it has X special ability on it now." Maybe they could help you out by identifying materials you could use in synthing recipes, or enhancing your existing weapons in some way...?
Have some actual NPC's that run around and you can randomly talk to for information! I think PSU only had these in offline mode; all the NPC's online had a function of some sort, like a shop or lobby transport...
PSU had a few, but I would like to see even more new weapon types. Stuff like scythes, maces, hammers, katanas, etc.

I might think of some other ideas later...

Randomness
Apr 24, 2011, 10:44 PM
Hey hey..Atleast Temple had it's own unique look and music to boot! lol.

It's not just that too ahh it's hard to explain.

For example, in PSO thinsg were just "prettier" had more polish.

In PSU the level design is just uhh really? Oh well whatever I guess... It's like they didnt really care that much. Atleast those are the vibes that I get. Of course anyone can disagree.

CCA and Seabed were the true players on Ep2 though :)

CCA looked AMAZING. NOTHING on psu looks amazing like that. To be honest with you the graphics in CCA look better than anything psu currently has...

CCA is just a very pretty lush place with a ton of detail. It's like you can tell they put EFFORT into it. Atleast when it coems to level design. The maps in psu are just flat and dull.

That's what lacks in psu IMO.

Ep.4 also has some really well done visuals, but I completely agree that CCA is beautiful.

Of course, most of PSO's areas were basically cut and paste rooms, with a few unique rooms thrown in (Like the waterfall room in the caves, the area right before Falz - which was epic in its own right - and such.)

Edit, responding to Tetsaru's post:

I like the idea of underwater and low-grav in concept. But underwater would be tricky, really, and it would double the needed animations basically. On top of which, we have a third dimension to move in for it... That said, if we have outer space too, both can use the same overall mechanics. Water could also just be a low-grav environment, since we're toting GIANT SWORDS. (But then, there's Tri, which is sort of what I'm thinking in regards to underwater - similar but not the same as far as combat goes)

Also, I agree with Secton IDs. As long as they're selectable, or something. Not calculated off name... really now.

As for lobbies, I think as long as we have, at most, three or four counters to check for missions, we'll be fine. PSU spread people out across far too many counters, which greatly increased the incentive for the population to concentrate on a single one. SEGA helped a little with GBR stuff, but that wasn't really as good. I figure half the people running Crimson/White Beast would have happily dropped into some other mission for a change of pace if they didn't have to run between a hundred counters to do so (And at first, clear missions to do so too!)

I'm also very much in favor of classes that work similarly to PSP2 to a degree, in that you can earn abilities to equip and all... but I'm not sure I like leveling being the unlock condition when you have switching. I'd rather see a second point pool (with more numbers, like x/100 or something at max), and then purchased/looted ability modules of some kind.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 24, 2011, 10:46 PM
So, this went from "probably should be merged into the 'what do you want in pso2' topic" to "exactly the same topic" pretty quickly.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 24, 2011, 11:06 PM
Guess I'll post my thoughts:

Make MAG's customizable equipment like how they were in PSO, but perhaps with more options. Allow them to auto-attack like how Range-MAGs did in PSU, but don't necessarily limit it to "pew pew" attacks; let them fly around and smack enemies, or cast techs too.
Bring back Section ID's to allow for more varied drops and encourage item trading/selling, or cooperation with others in hunts.
Vehicles and/or mounts that are actually FUN and don't control like ass and don't only show up during events. Better yet, a customizable SPACESHIP that you could use to get to different areas, or use in space combat!
Be able to actually EXPLORE multiple planets instead of being comprised entirely of instanced, reskinned dungeon-like areas. Iow, huge world maps of sorts, similar to FF11/FF14, etc. Instanced areas/towns/dungeons could still be present, but none of this lobby crap that only serves to look pretty.
Missions/quests that involve more that just "kill everything to win" and have actual rewards, such as exclusive weapons, PA's, etc.
Since PSO2 has jumping, add some minor platforming elements to the gameplay. I'm sure there'll be some already, judging from the footage and screenshots, but make it meaningful and challenging at times.
Have areas you can swim in! I think it'd be interesting to have underwater areas, like the flooded Seabed from Episode II... or even outer space areas! For example, part of the space colony was damaged in an attack, you have to don a spacesuit and repair it before something bad happens and/or defend against any new attacks. Low-gravity combat, anyone?
Make it to where large enemies with multiple hitboxes aren't hit in each of them with one attack. I felt like the big enemies/bosses in PSU had x5 damage bonus multipliers on them whenever they got attacked, and it made them feel a lot easier to kill...
Make bosses actually intimidating and difficult as hell. I got tired of nuking the hell out of a lame reskinned dragon boss in 10 seconds with poor, predictable AI...
Make drops like how they were in PSZ (and I think the PSP series too): have different items drop on each player's screen so that there is no bickering/forced sharing/weird distribution of items.
If included, make synthing and grinding actually ENJOYABLE and worth the effort.
Don't allow PA's or moves to be spammed to the point where it becomes "press X repeatedly to win."
Personally, I would like to see a separate damage stat for Rangers. Hunters have ATP, Forces have MST/TP, but Rangers don't really have their own stat to differentiate their damage from everyone else. I think this would fix some character imbalancing issues, such as how Beasts were able to be good gunners despite their low ATA.
Bring back tekkers and unknown items, but perhaps make it more than "you find a ??? weapon, it has X special ability on it now." Maybe they could help you out by identifying materials you could use in synthing recipes, or enhancing your existing weapons in some way...?
Have some actual NPC's that run around and you can randomly talk to for information! I think PSU only had these in offline mode; all the NPC's online had a function of some sort, like a shop or lobby transport...

I might think of some other ideas later...

I must agree that some of those sound great, but sadly I dont see them happening.

Some I can see in PSo2 like the mag thing. Make them actually attack and not just "pew pew". I would also like to see some kinda platforming.

So, this went from "probably should be merged into the 'what do you want in pso2' topic" to "exactly the same topic" pretty quickly.

Though not completely inacurate, it's not completey the same thread. Everything people post here counts as something PSU didnt do. Plus I wanted to share my own personal thoughts with everyone in more detail. Could I have said all this in the other thread yea maybe, but this thread lets us compare PSo and PSU in a more in depth way. It's not just "Oh hey guys what would you guys like to see in PSO2?!"

In here we can talk about both games in general and explain our feelings for both or agree or disagree with each other the way we have been doing thus far.

However insted of posting something completely useless, you are free to posts your thoughts here aswell :)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 24, 2011, 11:07 PM
Sorry, I would post something relevant, but I've already posted my thoughts in the other thread on at least five separate occasions.

Anon_Fire
Apr 24, 2011, 11:09 PM
Worldwide dedicated servers please.

Ark22
Apr 24, 2011, 11:10 PM
As long as they nerf the PA's to take damage but not alot and it takes a but more TP then tech attack does I will be happy

Amaury
Apr 24, 2011, 11:15 PM
Sorry, but some of those reasons just sound nostalgic to me.

PSOBB EU/US was separated from JP.

PSO has as much reskins as PSU, look at the most obvious, 3 Booma variants, then they were sharks and again 3 variants, mines had some original stuff then, ruins, 3 Dimenians variants again. Which are all obviously reskined Boomas. Then Hello Ultimate!

EP2 did bring in more original stuff, but then EP4 had to bring along more Booma variants again along with some new stuff. (Just picking the obvious Booma reskins here since there were so many, there were others of course.)

PSU's White Beast is akin to PSO's TTF, sure you do something else for rares that you can't find in there, but most people are going to be constantly running it.

Though this sounds exactly like PSO, always the same levels with the same enemies, now if the levels were better designed or etc, that's your opinion, but it sounds exactly like PSO. Now on bosses they obviously had to compensate for having a huge amount of missions, they obviously weren't going to make a unique boss for each landscape, now what's the easiest way out for Sega than to reskin something?

I pretty much agreed with the rest, though I would actually prefer PSP2i class system.

^ Some of this.

PSU lacks nothing.

RemiusTA
Apr 25, 2011, 12:33 AM
PSU lacks nothing.

Amaury....you know you really crack me up sometimes.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 25, 2011, 08:47 PM
"PSU lacks nothing."

The only thing I can say to this is, lulz...

Such stupidity doesnt require an actual reply :)

Amaury
Apr 25, 2011, 08:49 PM
"PSU lacks nothing."

The only thing I can say to this is, lulz...

Such stupidity doesnt require an actual reply :)

It's true, though. It lacks nothing at all.

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 09:26 PM
To me, what PSU needed was PSO's level customization, story, and music team.

-Wayu

dias_flac_0g
Apr 25, 2011, 09:33 PM
To me, what PSU needed was PSO's level customization, story, and music team.

-Wayu

Ya, the music in PSo was amazing. Both Music and level design in PSU are "meh" at best.

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 09:35 PM
I liked the combat, though, and the fact that when characters ran THEY RAN.

But PSP2i's is better, so take that please SEGA and capitalize on that, which it seems they're doing (manual blocking and dodging).

-Wayu

yoshiblue
Apr 25, 2011, 09:40 PM
Monstar Huntar combat!!!

No but really, Adding some epic wall climbing and ledge grabbing would be nice. Add some nice kicks when heading in with your fists! Headbuts would be cool too. Maybe some grapple hook action.

Wayu
Apr 25, 2011, 09:42 PM
^

Don't expect too much of that. SEGA can't integrate MonHan anymore than a few aspects to avoid legal issues.

-Wayu

yoshiblue
Apr 25, 2011, 09:49 PM
I know. I just felt like slaying that after just slaying a Nargacuga. I base my ideas of wall climbing and ledge grabbing from playing a number of nintendo games like Banjo and Kazooie, Castlevania 64, Super Mario 64, ect. lol. Grapple hooks from Loz and James Bond games. So i'm guilty of unoriginality. How tragic -.-.

GameKyuubi
Apr 26, 2011, 12:55 AM
PSU lacks nothing.

:|

You know, I'm afraid to bring anything over from PSU. I know it sounds silly, because there WERE some things it did better, but I feel like those things were tied to things it did way worse too. I'm afraid of getting the bad with the good.

RemiusTA
Apr 26, 2011, 01:24 AM
Either you're being SO sarcastic even im not detecting it....or you're delusional.

I know. I just felt like slaying that after just slaying a Nargacuga. I base my ideas of wall climbing and ledge grabbing from playing a number of nintendo games like Banjo and Kazooie, Castlevania 64, Super Mario 64, ect. lol. Grapple hooks from Loz and James Bond games. So i'm guilty of unoriginality. How tragic -.-.

Climbing wasn't as important as them being able to simply jump. Monster Hunter has climbing because it's far more realistic in terms of physical ability of the characters.

The point is that they can now add platforming elements to the game.

And running animations look fine on PSO2 so far. Sprinting looks like it feels like sprinting.

ChronoTrigga
Apr 26, 2011, 01:25 AM
Oh yeah, they should add character balances, that way if one class is overpowered obviously, they can release patches to nerf those particular characters.

RemiusTA
Apr 26, 2011, 01:30 AM
that was in that large list of text they had in the original PSO2 trailer.

"thorough racial balances". Or something like that.

Zarode
Apr 26, 2011, 01:30 AM

Then why is it so boring?

RemiusTA
Apr 26, 2011, 01:32 AM
Just ignore that statement. I dont even want to hear the justification, seriously.

Zarode
Apr 26, 2011, 01:33 AM
I do. Spill it, Amaury.

VVV Shaddup. VVV

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2011, 01:34 AM

I'm gonna be the neutral party and slap both of you with the understanding of the concept of an opinion.

Then not explain it out of the concept out of laziness, because you should just google it if you don't know.

Kent
Apr 26, 2011, 03:50 PM
It lacks proper angular velocity for character models making sharp turns.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 04:10 PM
You can move back while in the Sidestep left animation lol

RemiusTA
Apr 26, 2011, 04:41 PM
It lacks proper angular velocity for character models making sharp turns.

most games that aren't serious platformers or shooters do this.

GameKyuubi
Apr 26, 2011, 11:22 PM
Ok ok I think I got something.
I like how PSU handled shotguns. I thought it was cool that rangers could shotgun enemies at point blank and more than one bullet would hit. HOWEVER, if ammunition for guns doesn't return, I could see that being way too good. Unfortunately I didn't really like the way ammo worked in PSU, so.... :|

Amaury
Apr 26, 2011, 11:44 PM

It's not boring, either.

Anon_Fire
Apr 26, 2011, 11:55 PM
Here's something PSU probably didn't do, but managed to implement.

Locking items to prevent accidental selling

RenzokukenZ
Apr 26, 2011, 11:57 PM
This was featured in PSP2i.

GameKyuubi
Apr 26, 2011, 11:59 PM
Here's something PSU probably didn't do, but managed to implement.

Locking items to prevent accidental selling

I accidentally NPC'd 2 of my 3 Samba Maracas in PSO:BB. Yeah I think I'd like this.

Niloklives
Apr 27, 2011, 12:02 AM
I could have sworn they implemented that feature in AoI in ajapan.

Anon_Fire
Apr 27, 2011, 12:03 AM
I could have sworn they implemented that feature in AoI in ajapan.

they did, but I mentioned before that was added. Then it was added to PSP2i

Niloklives
Apr 27, 2011, 12:08 AM
you said it in a really funny way. PSU DID do it, just not from jump street.

Norco
Apr 27, 2011, 12:47 AM
There are a few reasons why I disliked PSU
(The order have no significant meaning, except the first one)

1. Technics had to be linked to certain weapons. I really hated this, it gave you less freedom.

2. None of the classes in PSU actually apealed to me. PSP2 did a pretty job of fixing this I think.

3. The shortcut for weapons, armor and items was kind of neat in PSU however I actually prefered when you could scroll through your whole inventory and All Technics. Once again more freedom.

4. The storyline didn't feel as dark as it did in PSO. This made PSO more interesting.

5. Original Mags ftw.

Amaury
Apr 27, 2011, 12:51 AM
4. The storyline didn't feel as dark as it did in PSO. This made PSO more interesting.

PSU isn't PSO.

Vashyron
Apr 27, 2011, 12:56 AM
PSU isn't PSO.

Well I don't like how PSU had cer-PSU ISN'T PSO!

No seriously, what does that even have to do with anything? PSU's story was indeed more "bright" than PSO's, therefore he liked it more. PSU and PSO don't need to be linked for someone to feel that way.

Amaury
Apr 27, 2011, 12:57 AM
Well I don't like how PSU had cer-PSU ISN'T PSO!

No seriously, what does that even have to do with anything? PSU's story was indeed more "bright" than PSO's, therefore he liked it more. PSU and PSO don't need to be linked for someone to feel that way.

Obviously, you didn't read what he / she said.

Niloklives
Apr 27, 2011, 01:01 AM
He presented it as a statement of fact, but it's clearly an opinion...why play semantics?

Amaury
Apr 27, 2011, 01:03 AM
He presented it as a statement of fact, but it's clearly an opinion...why play semantics?

Because semantics are fun!

I think...

Vashyron
Apr 27, 2011, 01:15 AM
No one needs to keep saying something is their opinion if it obviously is.

I end up writing that something is my opinion now out of habit now because someone somewhere always comes out and says "that's not a fact" or "that's just your opinion man" when... duh.

Niloklives
Apr 27, 2011, 01:20 AM
seriously. stating something is your opinion is almost a mandatory early response these days.

Norco
Apr 27, 2011, 01:21 AM
Obviously, you didn't read what he / she said.
To clear things up. I think a dark storyline is more interesting, it often make the game more exciting. However a too "bright" storyline makes the game feel too "jolly good" and that often take out the excitement.

In PSO a character could actually die, infact several did. This made atleast me feel something. In PSU hardly any characters died, it was like a saturday morning cartoon.

With this said PSO had a dark storyline which I liked and PSU had a bright storyline which I disliked.

Amaury
Apr 27, 2011, 01:27 AM
To clear things up. I think a dark storyline is more interesting, it often make the game more exciting. However a too "bright" storyline makes the game feel too "jolly good" and that often take out the excitement.

In PSO a character could actually die, infact several did. This made atleast me feel something. In PSU hardly any characters died, it was like a saturday morning cartoon.

With this said PSO had a dark storyline which I liked and PSU had a bright storyline which I disliked.

Thanks for clarifying.

Dongra
Apr 27, 2011, 03:28 AM
It's not boring, either.

Then why did I stop playing?:wacko: