PDA

View Full Version : Why I hope PSO2 will come to Consoles.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Niloklives
May 1, 2011, 07:30 PM
I wont go into details cause I'm not trying to show off, but I have a pretty high performance machine that I built with added expansion in mind. I have quite a few high end parts in my computer and even still it didn't cost 1200 dollars. you can easily build a solid game rig that wil lplay even today's games at mid to high settings for less than 800 dollars. The reason you would ever spend 2000 dollars on a PC is if you're an extreme enthusiast who loves to show his tech off, or if you're unaware of what things actually cost and pay places like dell and ibuypower for machines that are well below par for their price point.

Just as an example: Like I said I spent less than $1200, but an alienware(dell) PC that is either the same or worse than mine in every aspect(not better in any part of the design or tech) costs $2k. that's how much of a ripoff these places are.

If you just wanted a rig that could play PSO2 and nothing else, you could go below even 800, but the point is the idea that you have to spend your life savings on a gaming PC is based on the notion that you are at the mercy of whatever absurd price best buy is charging for their high end machines this week.

Tetsaru
May 1, 2011, 08:09 PM
Yeah, my current PC, which I got back in 2006, is a Dell, and it cost around $2,000, including the monitor and an Xbox 360 controller thrown in so I could play PSU, lol. I originally got it so that I would have a PC capable of running Photoshop for my college graphic design classes. Nowadays, if had $2,000 to spend (and I wish I did, because I need a new PC myself), I could probably buy several current top-of-the-line or very high-end components from places like Newegg or Tigerdirect where my friends buy their stuff. Hell, one of my friends recently bought a new PC for around $700, including the monitor, although I don't think he got the best graphics card out there for gaming (he was originally wanting something suitable for art-related purposes too).

As of right now, my PC is also using even older parts from a friend's old PC due to a power surge knocking out my power supply. I not only had to replace the power supply, but also the original graphics card I had (forgot what model it was) with an Nvidia GeForce 6800 (which I think came out in 2004), simply because the power supply's cables weren't compatible with it. As a result, I can barely play most current games. League of Legends and Minecraft still work ok, but I have to put them on the lowest settings, and I still get frame rate issues. When I tried running the FFXIV benchmark, all I got was a black screen, lol. I believe the same surge also damaged my network card, because I get horrible speeds when I use an ethernet cable, but better speeds when I use a USB cable to my modem.

So yeah, as a personal rule of thumb, if your PC is over 5 years old and you tend to game with it a lot, it's time to get a new one. Iirc, the one I had before getting this one was around 5 years old too, because I remember having it in high school. Also, you might wanna get a surge protector too... @_@

Oh, and if anyone's wondering, here's the specs on my PC for comparison purposes:

Dell XPS 410 model, from 2006
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002, Service Pack 3
Intel 6600 Dual Core, 2.4 Ghz
2 GB of RAM (not sure what kind)
about 250 GB hard drive space
Nvidia GeForce 6800 graphics card (my old one had both a VGA and DVI port, this one has 2 DVI)
1 DVD-RW drive, 1 CD/DVD-RW drive
multiple drives for various media card types, including SD card and 3.5" floppy disc (lol)
12 USB ports (6 rear, 2 front, 4 on the monitor)
3 Firewire ports (2 rear, 1 front... never used them XD)
around 8 ports for various audio devices (speakers, subwoofers, headphones, mics, etc.)
ethernet and phone line ports for internetz

Korten12
May 1, 2011, 09:30 PM
You're starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist.

Hardly, with how many have acted, its basicaly a fact.

Niloklives
May 1, 2011, 10:08 PM
maybe people are just sick of the argument since it doesn't hold water and you can't compare an american company to a japanese company, nor can you compare an offline only game to a (likely) online only game.

The main reason 360 got FFXIII was cause MS figured it would be big so the paid square to extend the game to the 360. MS is known for doing this sort of thing. They also pay companies to make a game console exclusive for a period of time or for the devs to add content for their system only. Sony's done it a few times too, but MS has gone as far as to buy a company to get exclusive access to a game.

Point to be taken from this is you're basing your argument on non-facts. Sega has gone as far as to say they designed the game so that people didn't need to have a high end machine to play it and they they encourage you to get a PC if you don't have one; That's a fact. It's also a fact that their primary user base for the PS series is on PC. It's also a fact that sega in particular has done a poor job with multiplatform support.

There are many other facts that make a console release unlikely. The problem is no one is saying anything new and it's just pages of posts of people arguing over opinions and suppositions. Rather than talking in circles, why not just let it go? If it comes out for a console, fine. They've all but said "no console version this time, guys" but hey maybe they're liars.

So MOST everyone who wants a console version has resigned to this stance: "I hope a console version comes out, but if it doesn't...as much as I am excited about this new installment, maybe it's time for me to invest in a gaming PC."

If in a month, sega says "PS3 too, guys" then that's great for you; but if they don't, which seems to be the most likely scenario, should people keep bumping this thread with the same tired and pointless argument? Like I said, saying the series started on DC is the same as arguing the series should have remained on DC.

You move to a new platform when you feel the platform offers better options for the game's development and will turn the most profit. They have seen now that they stand to make the most money with the lowest risk by developing for PC only. PSU and PSO have both demonstrated that and they've taken the hint. It's time you do the same and stop disturbing the shit with conspiracy theories and backwards reasons for a fan outcry.

Unless you have a compelling argument that revolutionize everyone's outlook, which you don't, do everyone a favor and drop it.

Kion
May 1, 2011, 10:11 PM
CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 at 2.4GHz
Card : XFX GeForce 7900 GT
Speeds : 450MHz Core/ 1320MHz Memory

ForceWare Driver : 93.71
3DMark06 : 4556

Not the most perfect comparison, but I found this on the internets. This seems pretty close to the recommended settings for the alpha. So it seems like if your computer has a 3Dmark06 score of around 4,500 or greater then your rig isn't going to much problems playing the game. Probably anything in the range of 3,000 or greater is going to be able to play on low settings.

Let's see what newegg has to say about this. (I'm sure a lot of people are going to debate me on this, but just a general example for how much a computer will cost on the cheap end)
MicroATX LGA775 mother board (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130300)$55
Intel Celeron 2.5Ghz Dual Core (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116264)$50
Gefore GT 440 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121426)$100
4GB DDR3 RAM (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231396)$40
Case w/power supply (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108092)$60
250GB 7200RPM Hard drive (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148699) $35

For a grand total of $340 And then get windows xp black or something. I'm sure there are going to be tons of guides once the game comes out. If you have a computer, you can probably swap some stuff out or at least use the case. It's probably going to be a winter release which means you have tons of time to save up and prices will probably come down as well.

Niloklives
May 1, 2011, 10:25 PM
two problems: the celeron is not equal to a C2D and the PSU included is only 300w. That might be pushing things at full load.

Kion
May 1, 2011, 10:42 PM
Mostly I was going on the cheap. I'm using cpubenchmark.net as a comparison.
The Core 2 Duo E6300 at 1.86Ghz gets a passmark score of 1116
The Celeron E3300 at 2.5Ghz gets a score of 1676
So there may be a difference with threads or the FSB, but the celeron should work well enough.

For the case I just kind of picked it at random. The cpu works at 65W, so it depends on how much the gpu sucks up. I think you could probably skip by with 300, more would probably help.

Niloklives
May 1, 2011, 10:51 PM
mm...for some reason I thought that was an older dual core celeron...yeah you could probably get away with that no prob.

I saw the power consumption on the CPU, but then you have to factor the CPU fan which will be ~3W. then ~3W for every case fan. a HDD uses about 10w, the mobo i forget but it's not much. figure 160 for the GPU to be safe but it's probably about 130-140 seeing as it looks to just draw from the mobo, in all honesty that would probably top out around 250w just off an educated guess Thing is it's definitely a cheap PSU meaning it may not be able to sustain 250w and capacitor aging is always a concern as well.

aside from that though, and the fact that you need a 64-bit os to properly allocate more than 4 gigs of ram including your GPU, it's not a bad bare bones build if you just wanna run PSO2 and some older games.

Kion
May 1, 2011, 11:10 PM
So it would probably better to get a better case/power supply unit.

As for the memory, XP can only use 3GB which is kind of an odd number when buying RAM. I figured might as well max it out. It's cheaper to buy 2x2GB in one set than it is to buy 2GB+1GB. Or you could save $20 and stick with 2GB which is probably enough. I just threw xp black in there because buying windows 7 64 edition obviously adds to the price.

Mostly the post was to prove a point. For PSO2 starting from scratch anywhere between $300-500 is probably going to get you medium to high settings. If you can salvage parts from your current rig, then that number is obviously going to go down.

Niloklives
May 1, 2011, 11:24 PM
right, was just helping to refine it, and pointing out a few things for the sake of public awareness.

such as the 32-bit OS thing. like I said the reason xp only sees 3gb of ram is because you likely have 1gb of ram on your GPU. 32 bit OSes can only map 4 gigs total for system memory and that includes vram. if you had the 64-bit version of xp, you'd see all your ram.

That said you can get a 64bit version of windows 7 for $99. thats the full version, not an upgrade.

Ark22
May 1, 2011, 11:28 PM
So... how bout them consoles

Niloklives
May 1, 2011, 11:37 PM
I put a 320Gb HDD in my old fat PS3. Was nice but I didn't realize that after a certain point, sony removed some onboard memory that was used to store the OS, so I was in a situation where I couldn't access my PS3. fortunately, sony lets you download firmware updates online. I was able to grab that and reinstall from an external drive.

Point of interest: Had I tried to do any of this a month earlier, a bug in the firmware would have prevented a clean installation, making my new HDD useless.

Remember when you just had to blow the dust out?

LoveRappy
May 2, 2011, 12:46 AM
it looked it would be even more fun with a controller.

you can just, you know, use a USB controller?

you can plug in an Xbox 360 controller and it works fine for most games. it will prob work with PSO2, although you will prob still have to hit some KB keys for stuff.

its so much better on the PC cause you can hotkey your attacks/techs/mates/fluids and be able to have much more than just 6 spots to place them. i remember as a Force i never had enuff room on the hot buttons for everything!

The difference between console and pc is that if it's pc only I doubt I will ever get to play. I just cant dump two thousand dollars on a pc good enough to play pso2

it doesnt cost $2k to make a gaming rig. try $700-$900. you dont need top of the line to play games, and PSO2 doesnt even look SUPER impressive that it needs anywhere near the best parts to run decently.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 02:38 AM
one page back someone posted a rig that would work for under 500

Ark22
May 2, 2011, 02:43 AM
Or try Microcenter.com =D for allllll your PC needs

Kion
May 2, 2011, 02:51 AM
So I'm just "someone" now?

I did a little more looking and I found a pretty cool solution.
$ 95 Mini itx MOtherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157238)
$200 Intel i5 2400s 65W (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115075)
$ 50 Mini itx case w/200W PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108196)
$ 40 500GB 7200 RPM Hard drive (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145299)
$ 40 4GB 1333 Memory (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231421)

Grand total $425. Intel graphics aren't the best, but looking online, this configuration gives a 3Dmark06 score of around 4500 which shouldn't have any problem running PSO2. Also low voltage in a mini itx form factor means you can hook it up to your tv.

Hentai_Kittie
May 2, 2011, 03:01 AM
So I'm just "someone" now?

I did a little more looking and I found a pretty cool solution.
$ 95 Mini itx MOtherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157238)
$200 Intel i5 2400s 65W (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115075)
$ 50 Mini itx case w/200W PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108196)
$ 40 500GB 7200 RPM Hard drive (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145299)
$ 40 4GB 1333 Memory (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231421)

Grand total $425. Intel graphics aren't the best, but looking online, this configuration gives a 3Dmark06 score of around 4500 which shouldn't have any problem running PSO2. Also low voltage in a mini itx form factor means you can hook it up to your tv.

Intel isn't the best? Is there something better that is'nt intel based? (don't mind the cost THAT much xp).

Kion
May 2, 2011, 03:18 AM
Intel isn't the best? Is there something better that is'nt intel based? (don't mind the cost THAT much xp).

Intel graphics don't have a good track record. Intel GMA 500, 900, 3150, x4500 over the last 10 years or so haven't been able to play main stream games at all. It's only been recently with the "core i" series that intel has started to take graphics seriously with the intel HD 2000 series which has managed to finally get some decent performance. So up until recently you were better off with dedicated graphics (nVidia or ATi).

Intel's new HD 3000 series supposedly gets about the same performance as the nVidia Geforce 320M. It's enough for an integrated option, but if you're serious about gaming you're still better off with a dedicated card. Point being, when it comes to graphics, intel is no where close to being the best, it's just enough... sometimes.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 03:36 AM
Intel graphics don't have a good track record. Intel GMA 500, 900, 3150, x4500 over the last 10 years or so haven't been able to play main stream games at all. It's only been recently with the "core i" series that intel has started to take graphics seriously with the intel HD 2000 series which has managed to finally get some decent performance. So up until recently you were better off with dedicated graphics (nVidia or ATi).

Intel's new HD 3000 series supposedly gets about the same performance as the nVidia Geforce 320M. It's enough for an integrated option, but if you're serious about gaming you're still better off with a dedicated card. Point being, when it comes to graphics, intel is no where close to being the best, it's just enough... sometimes.

kion, would you rather be nobody? lol

anyway I wouldn't recommend the intel onboard graphics. their new lineup is great for a HTPC but for gaming it's below the power of a 360. ...not by much but it is. I wouldn't rely on it.

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 07:39 AM
>.> Kind of ironic I will say that this topic is turning into: So what PC should I buy...

Also I know some are probably thinking: "STFU you Console fanboy..." Well I am actually not, since the majority of my games are PC, and I got a good comp that can play Crysis with ease. Lastly my game I am most looking forward to is Guild Wars 2 as some of you know is a PC exclusive.

Just a bit clarification.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 07:43 AM
crysis isn't a big deal anymore, but ok. At least you have options.

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 07:50 AM
crysis isn't a big deal anymore, but ok. At least you have options.

Well there is also Metro 2033 (which on Dx11 and anti-aliasing does take a hit) so I guess that is a benchmark, but I am slightly to say that might be due to optimzation and not so much my comp. Since while Metro 2033 does no doubt look good, I noticed even on Dx11 it still isn't the best looking game.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 07:52 AM
lots of games are really just for benches at this point. Not to actually play or for their looks, but just to see how good your machine is.

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 07:55 AM
lots of games are really just for benches at this point. Not to actually play or for their looks, but just to see how good your machine is.

I tried once the benchmark for Lost Planet 2, woah, DX11, lots of lag at moment. It once hit like 5 FPS at times.

I think my comp is only good with some games of DX11, and not lots though.

Also another clarification (which I posted earlier but don't know if any saw) that I will be getting the game whether or not it comes to Consoles or not, but whether it has a offline mode (which only really matters whether or not the game is P2P or not) or is B2P.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 07:58 AM
Sega hasn't released a non P2P PS game in ages. I don't see it happening.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 08:00 AM
P2P?

Whuzzat?

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 08:04 AM
pay to play

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 08:05 AM
Pay to Play.

What PSU and PSOBB does/did.

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 08:06 AM
Sega hasn't released a non P2P PS game in ages. I don't see it happening.

Which for me is more sad then it coming to consoles or not. :(

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 10:55 AM
(double post)

I will like to ask for an apology, I sometimes acted a bit childish, names were thrown around. It got a bit out of hand. While I will continue to hope for a ps3 version. I don't want that to get between all of us, since we all are Phantasy Star fans who just hope that PSO2 will be really good and worth the wait.

xmoonprismpowerx
May 17, 2011, 05:47 AM
Ok, I posted before on how I couldn't spend a bunch of money on a new comp with specs good enough to run pso2. And so I took the specs for Crisis 2 and looked what I needed to update. I'm going to buy a new processor, graphics card, RAM, and some more hard disc space. How much will this cost me? About 200 dollars. So no new computer, just upgrading (which my computer desperately needs). And most of the things I'm getting aren't the best, but the second best. So I don't think I'll ever need to buy a new computer again XDD I'm so happy. I'm also looking for some cool looking tower cases. I saw a few I like, but for now I'll do what the one I've got. I'll never need a new monitor. I use my 36 inch LCD tv for that :P So now I know that spending $1,000 dollars on a new computer is such a rip off. People will seriously pay for some name-brand crap. And since PSO2 is supposed to be easy on specs, I just assume that if I shoot for Crisis 2 specs, I'll be fine when pso2 comes out.

I guess I'll see ya on the flip side :3 So exited for my parts to come in <3

NoiseHERO
May 17, 2011, 06:04 AM
Ok, I posted before on how I couldn't spend a bunch of money on a new comp with specs good enough to run pso2. And so I took the specs for Crisis 2 and looked what I needed to update. I'm going to buy a new processor, graphics card, RAM, and some more hard disc space. How much will this cost me? About 200 dollars. So no new computer, just upgrading (which my computer desperately needs). And most of the things I'm getting aren't the best, but the second best. So I don't think I'll ever need to buy a new computer again XDD I'm so happy. I'm also looking for some cool looking tower cases. I saw a few I like, but for now I'll do what the one I've got. I'll never need a new monitor. I use my 36 inch LCD tv for that :P So now I know that spending $1,000 dollars on a new computer is such a rip off. People will seriously pay for some name-brand crap. And since PSO2 is supposed to be easy on specs, I just assume that if I shoot for Crisis 2 specs, I'll be fine when pso2 comes out.

I guess I'll see ya on the flip side :3 So exited for my parts to come in <3

You're gonna use crysis 2 system requirements instead the PSO2 Alpha system requirements? o_o

Parn
May 17, 2011, 06:27 PM
i want it to come out on dreamcast

that is where all the original pso fans came from

Anon_Fire
May 17, 2011, 09:57 PM
i want it to come out on dreamcast

that is where all the original pso fans came from

lol, I hate to tell you this, but your 10 years too late.

Niloklives
May 17, 2011, 09:59 PM
I'm with Parn. I hope it supports dial-up through AOL, too.

Soul Guardian
May 17, 2011, 10:34 PM
I'm with Parn. I hope it supports dial-up through AOL, too.

To hell with AOL, where's my Sega.net?

ARASHIKAGE
May 17, 2011, 11:23 PM
@korten12: I'm in your camp buddy, I agree with your entire opening statment and thanks for that trip down memory lane.

Those were good times back in the days of split-screen gaming, unfortunately those days are in the past and many game developers don't see the "benefits" (money) of split-screen multiplayers. Why play four player split-screen Halo or COD when you can have three friends load-up three different XBOXs, three different TVs, and cram it all in in your apartment? It's not very practical or affordable (but still very fun if you can pull it off), but it makes game developers so proud.

Game developers are in the business to milk your wallet whether that is selling millions of subscriptions online, forcing you to buy multiple copies to play a multiplayer game in multiplayer, or labeling a game PSO to grab the attention of a fan base.

There is another side to this coin, I believe playing a multiplayer in the physical company of your friends can't be beat by online play. It's not nearly as social or exciting to see an emoticon, as it is to see the real reaction of your friend. That being said there is a huge plus to online play. Were as even if there is one thousand annoying gamers out there, sometimes you come across a new friend that you would have never meet otherwise. And with the invent of many great social networks, long distant friendships are becoming closer than ever.

Niloklives
May 17, 2011, 11:51 PM
Sega.net wasn't an ISP though

Zaix
May 17, 2011, 11:57 PM
I do miss spliscreen these days...Several of my friends have really liked PSU, but of course, no splitscreen to play...Splitscreen on a PSO2 would be cool. (yes splitscreen exists on PC games)

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 12:45 AM
why is split screen so important? split screen in what you build in when a system can't easily go online. even if i were to play with my friends in the same room I'd want my own screen. just get your real friends to play online with you. Hell my GF and I have no issues with doing that even in the same room, i don't see how playing online is such a big deal.

Zaix
May 18, 2011, 12:57 AM
I wouldnt say important, I would say convenient. It's much easier to hook up a second a second controller and play splitscreen than it is to hook up a second console and tv or pc.

Not everyone wants to bring their gear to a friends house or pay for their own subscription.

Also remember not everyone can afford their own thing, some people get their video game fill by playing with their bud at their house.

EDIT: A few more reasons...

Not everyone wants to buy a copy of a game just to play a game that could easily be played by visiting and going splitscreen.

Sometimes splitscreen is a good temporary solution until someone can get their own copy.

PSO2 doesn't NEED it, it would just be a nice EXTRA

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 03:13 AM
so the main reason is so people dont have to pay for the game...got it

NoiseHERO
May 18, 2011, 04:34 AM
Get all the TV's in your house in one, and connect all the PC's laptops, install pso2 on all of them, bring lots of duck tape and usb controllers and spend the whole weekend like that one WoW episode of Southpark.

Zaix
May 18, 2011, 04:47 AM
so the main reason is so people dont have to pay for the game...got it

I guess you could say that...to each his own

Akaimizu
May 18, 2011, 04:50 AM
I still seriously doubt they'll do it, mainly for the reason that PSO2 will likely use a bit too much power with 1 screen to do split screen. I would gauge the only reason why GC and Xbox even got a split screen option was that they were inheriting an older Dreamcast game, and they realized the new hardware afforded the ability to do split screen from the old engine.

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 05:06 AM
I still seriously doubt they'll do it, mainly for the reason that PSO2 will likely use a bit too much power with 1 screen to do split screen. I would gauge the only reason why GC and Xbox even got a split screen option was that they were inheriting an older Dreamcast game, and they realized the new hardware afforded the ability to do split screen from the old engine.

Split screen was fairly common back then. Online gaming hadn't taken off yet and the GCN couldn't go online without an add-on. I'm sure that was also a major factor. as to why xbox got it? because there's no way MS would let the game be released for their system missing features other versions had.

Akaimizu
May 18, 2011, 10:19 AM
I seriously doubt that was the reason. It probably was more like SEGA already having said Episode 1 and 2 code with Split screen, and not seeing any reason to suddenly make changes other than a few interface things here and there. I seriously doubt they started from scratch.

xmoonprismpowerx
May 18, 2011, 10:24 AM
You're gonna use crysis 2 system requirements instead the PSO2 Alpha system requirements? o_o

I didn't know where to find the pso2 system specs >< whoops. too late now, cause I already ordered everything. :o -=googles=-

r00tabaga
May 18, 2011, 10:34 AM
I didn't know where to find the pso2 system specs >< whoops. too late now, cause I already ordered everything. :o -=googles=-

No need to worry, you will be able to play PSO2 just fine with those Crysis specs.

EDIT: Amazon's deal of the day is Crysis 2 for $34.99 btw...good deal on a relatively new game.

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 04:30 PM
I seriously doubt that was the reason. It probably was more like SEGA already having said Episode 1 and 2 code with Split screen, and not seeing any reason to suddenly make changes other than a few interface things here and there. I seriously doubt they started from scratch.

Actually MS has always had a stipulation about ports and multiplatform games. Pretty much if another console gets something they don't they have a bitch fit.

xmoonprismpowerx
May 18, 2011, 05:33 PM
No need to worry, you will be able to play PSO2 just fine with those Crysis specs.

EDIT: Amazon's deal of the day is Crysis 2 for $34.99 btw...good deal on a relatively new game.

I'm glad XD Honestly, now I'm excited for pso2. btw, do you know if it's gonna be like psu, where the japanese version is released first and then america gets it much later. and then we don't get all the items that japan gets. 'cause i don't honestly know the difference between the japanese xp and the american one. if it's gonna be like psu, i'd just rather play the JP version.

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 05:38 PM
no one knows if its even coming to the states yet

r00tabaga
May 18, 2011, 05:39 PM
I'm glad XD Honestly, now I'm excited for pso2. btw, do you know if it's gonna be like psu, where the japanese version is released first and then america gets it much later. and then we don't get all the items that japan gets. 'cause i don't honestly know the difference between the japanese xp and the american one. if it's gonna be like psu, i'd just rather play the JP version.

It appears we might get lucky this time as they've not only mentioned Global Support, but the teaser trailer on their official Japanese website was in English subtext.

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 05:46 PM
global support could mean anything and that was engrish, not english.

We're probably getting it, but don't assume.

r00tabaga
May 18, 2011, 08:03 PM
global support could mean anything and that was engrish, not english.

We're probably getting it, but don't assume.

I said we are probably getting lucky this time, gimme a break, I didn't insinuate anything. What the he'll are we supposed to think?! You said we're probably getting it & so did I, what's the difference?

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 09:00 PM
because you're using non evidence to support your claim and I don't think it's right to spread false info? You also said we might get lucky this time insinuating that we game was already announced out here which it hasn't been.

r00tabaga
May 18, 2011, 09:01 PM
because you're using non evidence to support your claim and I don't think it's right to spread false info? You also said we might get lucky this time insinuating that we game was already announced out here which it hasn't been.

You said we probably will! Non-evidence? Wtf are you talking about? Watch the homepage!

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 09:06 PM
the hell are you talking about? look at the video. that shit is not english. that's japanese words run through google translate. Only the heroes arks will prevail their future?! It may as well say take off every zig for great future! That is not an english trailer.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 18, 2011, 09:06 PM
The Engrish in the trailer is not for our benefit. It is very common for advertisements in Japan to use English to try to seem smart, even if the English doesn't make any sense.

xmoonprismpowerx
May 18, 2011, 09:15 PM
So, if we are gonna play PSO2 Alpha, would I have to somehow change my OS to Japanese XP? That's my main question. I don't know what Japanese XP means.

BIG OLAF
May 18, 2011, 09:18 PM
So, if we are gonna play PSO2 Alpha, would I have to somehow change my OS to Japanese XP? That's my main question. I don't know what Japanese XP means.

Not everyone is getting into the Alpha. You need a code to even get into the random drawing. Even if you get into the random drawing, that doesn't guarantee you a spot in the Alpha.

So, unless you've met all those requirements, don't worry about it.

Tsyuku
May 18, 2011, 09:24 PM
You're also forgetting one requirement. "Must me a Japan resident."

Meaning there is most likely going to be an IP block for the course of the alpha.

r00tabaga
May 18, 2011, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=Niloklives;

Whatever. Too late for me to fight about what you tried to correct me on.

xmoonprismpowerx
May 18, 2011, 09:28 PM
I totally don't do any research on this stuff, so when I look like a complete idiot, bear with me. The alpha is kind of like a demo for pso2? are we going to get to play pso2 (japanese version, english version, whatever? at all?) If not, I just needa know so I don't keep watching these trailers and wanting to play this damn game.

BIG OLAF
May 18, 2011, 09:30 PM
I totally don't do any research on this stuff, so when I look like a complete idiot, bear with me. The alpha is kind of like a demo for pso2? are we going to get to play pso2 (japanese version, english version, whatever? at all?) If not, I just needa know so I don't keep watching these trailers and wanting to play this damn game.

The Alpha is a pre-demo, basically, that is going to be so SEGA can make changes to better the gameplay and other features based on Alpha Tester's responses and feedback.

As for the release, SEGA said "2011". We don't know if that means JP, US/EU, or what. We just know 2011.

Tsyuku

Alphas are meant to test the content, check for bugs, find errors, ect. The participants for alphas are also usually under NDA.

r00tabaga
Maybe a closed beta in a few months, no alpha for you though...sorry

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 18, 2011, 09:43 PM
You're also forgetting one requirement. "Must me a Japan resident."

Meaning there is most likely going to be an IP block for the course of the alpha.To be fair, they have never IP blocked anything in the past, despite similar claims of JP only.

I mean, you are technically required to be a resident of Japan to play on the Japanese PSU server, but they obviously don't care about enforcing that.

Tetsaru
May 18, 2011, 09:52 PM

An Alpha and Beta are just various stages in a game's development. Usually, in an Alpha stage, the game is barely playable, and lot of certain aspects are not yet complete. When a game is in a Beta phase (like Minecraft, for example), most of its core development is finished, and people try to iron out any bugs that might be remaining (hence "Beta testers"). Game companies often offer gamers a chance, often through exclusive codes or promotions from some of their other games or services, to take part in these development stages to see how players would interact with them, and then make changes and upgrades as necessary.

As far as PSO2's Alpha testing was concerned, this was my understand of it; someone correct me if I'm wrong:

Certain people who subscribed to the JP PSO:BB or JP PSU games, or ordered a physical copy of the JP PSP2:Infinity game would be given a code (either by email through their account information, or printed on the box) to submit to the pso2.jp website to enter them in a lottery drawing to participate in the PSO2 Alpha testing.

The deadline to submit your code is Friday, May 20, 2011... probably midnight in whatever time zone Japan is in, if I had to guess, so that doesn't leave much time.

The actual lottery winners are supposed to be announced sometime this summer, along with the actual Alpha testing. No official dates have been announced or confirmed yet.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 18, 2011, 09:56 PM
You do not need a Japanese IP address to register for the alpha.

Also, it should be noted that past "betas" of Phantasy Star games have been little more than free trial periods. Being an alpha, there's a chance the game might be in an earlier state for this, but we'll have to wait and see.

Tetsaru
May 18, 2011, 10:03 PM
The reason why I said that is because a friend of mine who lives in the US and has a decent understanding of Japanese tried registering for the Alpha testing himself, and said he was unable to get in because of what he thought was some sort of IP block. Of course, I don't think he had a code, either... :confused:

Either way, if anyone here wanted to even try to get in, now's the time, as there's roughly a day or so left until the deadline, so I guess we'll know soon enough whether any of us who submitted a code got in or not. If so, I'll be demanding livestream footage! :razz:

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 18, 2011, 10:05 PM
The website is set up so that you have to change your browser's language to Japanese in order to register, but there's no IP blocking involved.

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 10:09 PM
ffuzzy is right, I was able to get in np from CA

Tetsaru
May 18, 2011, 10:12 PM
Hmm, maybe that was it then. I wasn't there in person when he was going through the whole process, so I don't know exactly what he was doing, lol.

@Niloklives: Ah, ok then. I edited my last post.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 18, 2011, 10:12 PM
I'm always right.

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 10:37 PM
except when you're wrong

xmoonprismpowerx
May 18, 2011, 11:15 PM
that's a relief :D as long as i get to play that game in this lifetime then i'll be happy

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 11:54 PM
what's a relief?

blace
May 19, 2011, 12:06 AM
Since it's currently 2:04PM in Tokyo, meaning less than a day before raffle ends, I might just put up my code as a up-for-grabs type of deal. Anyone interested?

Here's the code:

E952-1426-7310-4919-9021

Use it for whatever you want, whether it's registering another account for the Alpha, or helping someone/yourself to get into the raffle.

xmoonprismpowerx
May 19, 2011, 12:26 AM
what's a relief?

just that i'll eventually get to play pso2

Niloklives
May 19, 2011, 12:58 AM
based on what?

NicorTheDuke
May 19, 2011, 01:28 AM
Nilolives why are these guys bitching about content?

Niloklives
May 19, 2011, 01:37 AM
I haven't seen anyone saying anything about content in a while. what specifically are you getting at?

Zaix
May 19, 2011, 04:12 AM
Since it's currently 2:04PM in Tokyo, meaning less than a day before raffle ends, I might just put up my code as a up-for-grabs type of deal. Anyone interested?

Here's the code:

E952-1426-7310-4919-9021

Use it for whatever you want, whether it's registering another account for the Alpha, or helping someone/yourself to get into the raffle.

I guess I laid claim to the code...It was accepted so I assume no had used it before me. Thanks for the code blace

Now lets see if I get in the Alpha...

blace
May 19, 2011, 01:00 PM
I guess I laid claim to the code...It was accepted so I assume no had used it before me. Thanks for the code blace

Now lets see if I get in the Alpha...
Came with my copy of PSP2i, but I never felt the urge to try and register. I just wanted to see the finished product instead of what's lacking.

Zaix
May 19, 2011, 01:54 PM
Understandable, I always liked betas (alpha in this case) personally

r00tabaga
May 19, 2011, 08:47 PM
That is so far away tho! Either way it was a nice thing to do for someone. Speaking of Infinity, I love the npc feature where you can invite your own characters into your party. Something I really hope they do in pso2!

Cypher_9
May 30, 2011, 10:27 PM
Good thing I have a wonderful PC for this wonderful game :D (of course under the assumption that it would be Americanized, just not anytime soon, probably when SWTOR comes out... thats just my guess ^^;)

Granted I bought a Ps2 for PSU only just to get my character destroyed due to the lack of support for the server, least with the PC - my options are not limited as far as online gaming goes and judging from the current lively PC servers such as World of Warcraft is still alive and kicking didn't even have to give me the notion that PSO2 is the best choice for a non-branded piece of machinery known as the PC - which I believe runs less risk than 'jail-breaking' a console as far as hardware customization is a concern.

One thing is for certain, I don't want to pay to just use XBL or PSN just to get on the net I already have just to get to the PSO2 servers. I like everything to just be one shot:

PC --> Internet --> PSO2

instead of --

X360/PS3 or 4? --> XBL/PSN --> Internet --> PSO2

With that mentioned, the top one of course having its own cost to play but least one doesn't have to pay another middle-man where as that payment could of gone into something else -- perhaps a sandwich... with friends... :)

Akaimizu
May 31, 2011, 10:27 AM
You do realize that not one single MMO-type or Phantasy Star game required any other Payment other than one to Sega. Not even Xbox Live required payment for it. Both free versions of XBL and PSN services access the games just fine.

However, a real issue of course is more of a *downtime* thing. You don't want to depend on PSN or XBL being up to get to your online gaming. Similar case for FFXI.

r00tabaga
May 31, 2011, 11:59 AM
So I only need Silver for XBL??? Awesome. How much is a PSU Guardian's License btw?

Cypher_9
Jun 1, 2011, 12:01 AM
You do realize that not one single MMO-type or Phantasy Star game required any other Payment other than one to Sega. Not even Xbox Live required payment for it. Both free versions of XBL and PSN services access the games just fine.

However, a real issue of course is more of a *downtime* thing. You don't want to depend on PSN or XBL being up to get to your online gaming. Similar case for FFXI.

No I did not, since I didn't want to go out and get another PSU game... after the Ps2 purge... well, I have concluded that chapter (sad face)... Now that you have mentioned the downside of those two networks - well, would give the more reason.

Akaimizu
Jun 1, 2011, 09:18 AM
So I only need Silver for XBL??? Awesome. How much is a PSU Guardian's License btw?

I think they kept the License the same. $9.99 a month.

r00tabaga
Jun 1, 2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks Akaimizu. Assuming my characters are still on the servers after 3 or so years, I might jump back on soon.

Akaimizu
Jun 1, 2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah. I thought it was quite proper to not deal with a double dip for online games with their own Pay to play services. When FFXI and PSU were first launching, a lot of people were concerned about that. But the reassurance came that only silver would be required for those games.

Jinto117
Jun 2, 2011, 12:43 AM
It's always somewhat possible that PSO2 could eventually be released on the new Nintendo platform (Project Cafe/Stream/Whatever). What bothers me about a console release, especially on the Xbox 360 is updates. M$ is so anal when it comes to updates and it usually ends up taking ages for them to go through certification.

Akaimizu
Jun 2, 2011, 05:35 AM
That's actually something that is the case for all consoles, actually. Or any controlled release setup. There has to be the extra layer of testing to insure that the release doesn't mess up their system, or badly interact with services, etc. So this basically includes Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and Apple.

DarkMaster50
Jun 4, 2011, 06:33 AM
I don't really care if it comes out of consoles.... I have a computer that out does any console on the market. If they did do a console release maybe they can make it to where console and PC players could play together? I did like the offline multi player of PSO though. If my internet went down I could still enjoy the game with my friends. Regardless, you can still use a controller with your computer...

KingBeeb
Jun 12, 2011, 04:29 AM
It's so hilarious how people are butthurt because "PSO SHOULD BE PC ONLYLYLYYLYL!!11" I have no idea why people think like this.

ALL PS games have been on console. All of them. None have been PC exclusives, and it should stay that way.

I'd love for it to be on Xbox (like it should be) and I fear "PC Exclusive" roughly translates to "World of Warcraft clone."

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jun 12, 2011, 05:01 AM
It's so hilarious how people are butthurt because "PSO SHOULD BE PC ONLYLYLYYLYL!!11" I have no idea why people think like this.

ALL PS games have been on console. All of them. None have been PC exclusives, and it should stay that way.

I'd love for it to be on Xbox (like it should be) and I fear "PC Exclusive" roughly translates to "World of Warcraft clone."

Blue Burst was PC only, plus the PSP series and PS0 were handheld not console.

The reason why people want it PC only is because it would eliminate all the issues that go hand in hand with consoles, i.e. harder to provide content updates, graphical issues, life expectancy ect. (the list goes on and on).

As I've stated, I'd love it to be on consoles for the sole purpose of not having to buy a new PC just to run the game, but at this point I simply don't care anymore, and would rather see this game have as few obstacles as possible.

NoiseHERO
Jun 12, 2011, 05:20 AM
He made obvious troll bump at the cost of sounding more hurt that it's NOT going to be on consoles...

Niloklives
Jun 12, 2011, 05:53 AM
just lock the thread someone, this is just a place to troll now; nothing productive to add.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2011, 08:17 AM

troll detected 0/10

Anon_Fire
Jun 12, 2011, 09:10 AM
just lock the thread someone, this is just a place to troll now; nothing productive to add.

Agreed. Oh and one last thing before this thread is closed.

@Justyn_Darkcrest and KingBeeb: You do not have to buy a whole new PC, just simply upgrade the ones you have now. Just to remind you, Blue Burst was PC only, not console.

Canard de Bain
Jun 12, 2011, 09:41 AM
KingBeeb = idiot. Discuss.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jun 12, 2011, 12:02 PM
Agreed. Oh and one last thing before this thread is closed.

@Justyn_Darkcrest and KingBeeb: You do not have to buy a whole new PC, just simply upgrade the ones you have now. Just to remind you, Blue Burst was PC only, not console.

You really shouldn't presume to know someones financial status or what time of computer they own there buddy. But seeing as that road is also too well traveled...

Lock anyone?

Xenobia
Jun 12, 2011, 12:35 PM
The flaw i see in your discussion is, that the majority will surely go online and because a console is a proprietary hardware the owner of those systems will cause lot of issues.

Back in the old days when Nintendo was the owner of the consoles (or Sega even more back) it was much better, however, we have to face that fact that the Wii is just not up to date anymore and nowadays its not truly the best option. Although its the best console for people who like to play at home with lot of friends in splitscreen.

At that point i aswell want to say that many PCs got great possibilitys and in theory PC can do the same with an unseen power without growing much bigger in size at all. Check out that system, very good example, you can move it to the other house and it got ultra fast LAN speed. Usualy such systems are used for LAN partys but can aswell be used just for private environment. Obviously its power is dependabe on the hardware you put inside, but even the cheapest hardware got 10 times the power of a Wii. Unlike Wii, a Mini PC which is known as a SFF, can play 1080P resolution out of the box, while the Wii can only play 480P, thats nowadays a totaly outdated format, to say the truth. Half of the users, if not even more, own HDTV now which can play between 720p and 1080p, and i dont see a good reason why to pass on that quality. Gameplay doesnt exclude good graphic.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=185549&st=0

Additonally i have to say, the Wii wasnt even cheap back in the old days, it was up to 400 $. Nowadays its cheaper but thats the amount i had to pay for, several years ago. For 3 times that amount its possible to build a transportable mini PC with much higher use because it can even be used for office and internet.

So, if i would be you, i would start to think about other possibilitys and if you couldnt achieve the missing splitscreen fun with maybe another device aswell. Because as it looks right now, i wouldnt say that the consoles are the first choice, however, to tell you all the details its to big of a story, so i just tell you how a alternate approach could be look like. Have fun :)

Malachite
Jun 12, 2011, 12:51 PM
Why are you talking about Wii? lol If it's going to be released on any Nintendo console, it's gonna be the Wii U, not the Wii.

Xenobia
Jun 12, 2011, 12:58 PM
In term the Wii U comes to life on time, i surely approve that matter and do grant them my best wishes. However, currently i dont even know at what time that updated "Wii U" is going to be released, probably not before 2012. And as it stands right now, Sega is already in the middle of the development, so they may just release on PC first, thats certain. However, it could be possible that they are gonna add a Wii U version a while after PC release, and that surely would be a good thing. So keep the hope and heads high. :) From my point of view, best system for PSO is PC and any console regarding to Nintendo, as long as the hardware power is up to date (not the case for the old Wii). The PC is more for the adult enthusiast users (also known as "core players") and the Wii U would be better at supporting family members with lot of friends. If both is used, it would pretty much cover everything and without huge proprietary issues.

Niloklives
Jun 12, 2011, 01:07 PM
...oooook

Tyreek
Jun 12, 2011, 02:29 PM
400 bucks?! Where did find a Wii that overpriced? The system was set for release at $250. If you ever bought a Wii for that much then LOL. You've been ripped off. The only overpriced system back in that day was the PS3.

Xenobia
Jun 12, 2011, 03:37 PM
It was 399 CHF at Media Markt in Switzerland. Thats nowadays pretty exactly 400$. Well it wasnt myself but someone was buying it for me, pretty much a present and i saw the warranty paper with its price and was kinda impressed about the price. Now 2 year after they dropped the price down to 200$ but 2 year ago they truly sold them for 400. Why it was that expensive is because of country, they just rip us off and why to make it cheaper if someone will pay more? Pretty mean mentality. US simply is way cheaper in way to many stuff and thats the reason i buy many stuff in US now. Or i go to the online shops and check who is cheapest. I dont buy stuff from a huge market anymore, except TVs, and only when i get it 10% cheaper. Finally the huge markets make billions with, while the small shops may not get rich but fair prices, so i try to support them as hard as i can and even get all the stuff cheaper.

For enthusiast stuff, expensive hardware, do never go to a huge market, as smaller the shop as better.... it just takes a single expert who knows the stuff and gives by far cheapest price.

Oh, well, thanks for asking, but life isnt always that easy.

Arika
Jun 18, 2011, 12:01 AM
Console do really effect it, at least it stop FF14 from improvement of their directX 9.0c to lower requirement of their over-demanded of high-performance PC.

Officially Quote from :
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/13894-Direct-X-10-11-Question-Answer-%28Translated%29?p=187179#post187179

If the game were to run with directX-11, then the PC requirement would be much lower, and they can imporve their graphic further. Only thing hold them back is that PS3 can only use direct X 9, so they not want to improve only the PC side. (part of the problem is laziness, but SEGA won't be better than SQEX on lazy part anyway)

RemiusTA
Jun 18, 2011, 02:47 AM
There are trillions of issues with FF14, but that is actually a pretty interesting find Arika. But honestly, it's taking them so long for the PS3 version to come out that they should have had FFXIV PC programmed for DX11 from the jump. (Or at least altered that Crystal Tools engine for PC in the first place.)

Sega can't compete with Square because Square is made of money lol

I highly doubt the PS3 has anything to do with FFXIV. I think Square Enix just knows that they've royally screwed up with that game, and that almost no amount of patches can fix what requires a complete overhaul. It was rushed and unorganized -- almost like Phantasy Star Universe, but on a much more severe scale.

In the end, i think FFXIV is just going to be a massive, massive waste of money for them. I pray to god they've learned from their mistakes, i would hate to see one of my favorite companies start to go under.

Niloklives
Jun 18, 2011, 05:07 AM
Square has nearly bit the dust several times before. I wont go into story time, but the point is I doubt they'll bite the dust. They sell so much shit these days and people just keep buying. all they need to do is slap FFVII on something and they'll be in the black again for sure =/.

NoiseHERO
Jun 18, 2011, 05:28 AM
Square sells manga, toys, jewelry, beverages, clothes, movies, tv shows, anime, snacks and probably HOUSE for all I know...

All they have to do is grab any product, and just paste their "square-enix" on it, or say it'll make you smell like *insert the name of final fantasy character* and that's one more high-five they give to disney, in their swimming pool filled with money.

yoshiblue
Jun 18, 2011, 10:02 AM
Do you think that SE could save the kinetic?

NoiseHERO
Jun 18, 2011, 10:08 AM
SE would've been able to prevent BP, if They were promised to be given clearance to clone Tetsuya Nomura.

Niloklives
Jun 18, 2011, 11:55 AM
I think Mike's trying to say that square isn't going anywhere,

Ifrian-x
Jun 24, 2011, 03:46 PM
I hope it will not.

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2011, 05:54 PM
It wont. They've gone into publishing territory. They have way too many backups to fall right now IMO.

That new Tomb Raider game has Square Enix all over it though. That woman looks like she fell straight out of a final fantasy title. (She's just too damn adorable to be Lara Croft. Srsly. And the whole game is just going to impale and crush her into a torturous cutscene cry-fest.)

Scyris
Jun 27, 2011, 05:34 AM
I don't because the second it does the pc version will start getting dumbed down to match the console version over time, PSU would have been a far better game if it was made for the pc first and then ported to consoles insted of going the other way. This way the pc version would be optimal and the console versions would get dumbed down. Besides there are more people that have a pc than consoles now a days.

I just hope sega does a better job of keeping the game secure so that hackers won't destroy it like they did PSU.

r00tabaga
Jun 27, 2011, 07:36 AM
"Besides there are more people that have a pc than consoles now a days."

Here we go again. <rolls eyes>
PSU was the PS2's fault. All other versions were "dumbed down" because of PSU being a last gen console port.

Malachite
Jun 27, 2011, 03:14 PM
I just hope sega does a better job of keeping the game secure so that hackers won't destroy it like they did PSU.

um... what

When did this happen? lol.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 27, 2011, 03:25 PM
Meseta duping.

Alnet
Jun 27, 2011, 04:34 PM
Meseta duping.
This, and the room hacking. Where people would destroy your shop.

Dragwind
Jun 27, 2011, 05:04 PM
The meseta issue evened itself out a long time ago. Room hacking was also fixed a very long time ago.

At this point, especially for PSO2, I'm sure they'll react faster to fixing any hacking problems that will surface. The handling of PSU was leaps and bounds better than the way they handled glitches/hacking in PSO. So far, I'd say it's safe to say they've been improving on that aspect.

S|e|7|e|N
Jun 28, 2011, 04:23 PM
I plan on upgrading my PC's specs to get it for the PC. If it does "eventually" come out on Consoles I'll probably get it for the Console also, because I have alot of xbl friends who play PSU and will only get it for the 360.

IDM if its for console not.

Benj38
Jul 9, 2011, 02:14 PM
I totally share your feeling towards PSO GC. I deeply hope to see console version of this game too, with actual technology it would really be easy but would induce heavier management of servers, data, updates, etc.

Even if it's PC-only I at least hope to see an offline mode (locally saved data and no server saved) to keep tracks of what we've achieved in the game :)

RemiusTA
Jul 9, 2011, 02:19 PM
It wont really matter, because if it's offline then it has no multiplayer option unless it's LAN. Which probably wont happen.

Anon_Fire
Jul 9, 2011, 02:40 PM
I totally share your feeling towards PSO GC. I deeply hope to see console version of this game too, with actual technology it would really be easy but would induce heavier management of servers, data, updates, etc.

Even if it's PC-only I at least hope to see an offline mode (locally saved data and no server saved) to keep tracks of what we've achieved in the game :)

Quit bringing back this thread. :mad:

There will never be a console version of PSO2

D-Inferno
Jul 10, 2011, 09:34 AM
For those who want PSO2 on a normal TV screen:
Just hook your DVI or HDMI cable up to your TV; maybe even have only the TV play PSO2 if you like your current monitor. You may have to rearrange our room a little.

Problem solved.

HappyPenguin
Jul 10, 2011, 02:56 PM
I hope it does can't wait

Hotobu
Jul 11, 2011, 07:24 AM

I don't see how anyone can be so sure. Hell I don't see why it wont. A port means more money especially if people have to pay for subscriptions. I don't doubt that it'll be released on PC first, but I fail to see what would prevent it from getting a console port seeing how the 360 version is still apparently kicking along.

Anon_Fire
Jul 11, 2011, 01:05 PM
I don't see how anyone can be so sure. Hell I don't see why it wont. A port means more money especially if people have to pay for subscriptions. I don't doubt that it'll be released on PC first, but I fail to see what would prevent it from getting a console port seeing how the 360 version is still apparently kicking along.

It also means holding the PC version back.

Malachite
Jul 11, 2011, 01:30 PM
No, it doesn't. That argument is completely unbased, I don't know why people keep using it.

It may or may not come out on consoles, and this topic is done with. Enough, jeeze.

THLPSC
Jul 11, 2011, 02:08 PM
It also means holding the PC version back.

In PSU the PC version held the PC version back. So if we are going by the past it seems it would be better on console in anywhere outside JP

Hotobu
Jul 11, 2011, 02:09 PM
No, it doesn't. That argument is completely unbased, I don't know why people keep using it.

It may or may not come out on consoles, and this topic is done with. Enough, jeeze.

True and true.

This thread stinks because so many people are pulling shit out of their asses. "dur PC holds console version back." Nevermind that this game is an ORPG a genre which is known not to try to max out specs so as many people can play as possible, and nevermind a game that pushes the console limits will still look fantastic by ORPG standards.

This is PSO2, not Crysis 3.

blazingsonic
Jul 11, 2011, 04:47 PM
Thats still better then none.

See the thing is that I bet you guys don't like to hear about this is becuase you don't want to hear people wanting it on Consoles.

If this was a topic celebrating PC exlcusvitiy, I bet you guys would be jumping in joy and posting to your hearts content. But that isn't that topic and you're hearing what you don't want to hear.

Also for people who say their are dozens of reasons why it should stay PC exclusive, list them.

I have to agree, It seems some of the people here like harping on someone who has an idea they don't like, and will go out of their way to discourage them.

Come on guys stop acting like you know everything that's gonna happen.

D-Inferno
Jul 11, 2011, 05:33 PM
I don't really care about console versions; I'm probably am not going to use my X360 for that much, except for Sonic Generations, the N64 Banjo games, and maybe a possible NiGHTS port if it doesn't come to PC. I just want to use my nice Gold Classic Controller Pro with PSO2.

Don't forget that FFXIV is not on the 360(I know it's bad, but it was a recent example of a "mainstream JPN MMORPG"). Sad thing is, if it becomes X360 only in the US, then it will ensure that we will be separated from various players like the Japanese.

Although I do admit that I would gladly accept a Wii U version, but only if it and PC shared servers.

Frozensword
Jul 16, 2011, 02:54 AM
Phantasy Star Online was known for showing that an mmorpg can be made for a console. I find it funny that too many people forget this. Not having PSO2 on cosoles is like eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without the peanut butter and jelly. Now I do play games on all platforms, but my favorite is xbox 360 which I hope it is released on. If it is only released on the PS3 for consoles, I will probably still reluctantly play it on that. I just don't feel like playing it on a pc, and I probably won't. It doesn't feel right to play a Phantasy Star game on a pc.

blace
Jul 16, 2011, 03:06 AM
Listen, it's only been announced for PC among other things, and they have yet to reveal anything else about the project. Putting out your opinions on why it should be on x console, doesn't make it any more likely.

Can we make more threads to bury this please?

Jade DaBain
Jul 16, 2011, 03:08 AM
While Im going to be playing PSO2 on my PC, I would be more then willing to get a Wii-U version of the game as well. I sort of wonder what Sega would do for the little screen on the controller for that game, if they did port it.

Genoa
Jul 16, 2011, 04:16 AM
I understand that Phantasy Star has always catered well to Console gaming.
It must be hard for many to see them breaking this tradition.
But I feel this is a great decision since it offers a lot of potential to the game.
Updates would (hopefully) come quicker since it only has to be programmed for PC interface and Content could be more diverse due to the limitless potential of the PC.

The downside, when you limit yourself as to what your game can be played on you limit the amount of players (obviously)

The ... Upside?
Due to the potential PSO2 can have as a PC exclusive title... it can attract many PC gamers who might not be very familiar with the series.

So we might actually gain more players? (Or at least more intelligent ones... I'm not exactly stereotyping here but lets be honest... how many 13 year-olds have their own, and a half-decent, PC and access to credit card information for monthly fees... Usually get a better atmosphere on PC gaming)

And besides... [SPOILER-BOX]http://resource.mmgn.com/Gallery/normal/7PLLYLB8.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
I'm only half-kidding, I am fond of a few good console exclusive titles.

Anyways, the only console I think SHOULD be given PSO2 if it HAD to... would be the PS3.
I don't see Xbox being cooperative with PC compatibility for merged servers.
Wii? I'm sorry... but I feel that would limit the potential PSO2 can have.
PS3 is the most capable in my opinion, however with their recent security breach... their credibility isn't exactly the best.

Well there's my two cents.

I am stoked for it's PC exclusivity

MoonlightMyau
Jul 16, 2011, 07:00 AM
I'm just going to throw my tuppence worth in for the hell of it...

PSO2 being PC only (if this is the case) is probably for the best, in my opinion. I think PSO2 has fantastic potential to be a long running, good game that could be updated for many, many years & that people will want to invest many, many years in.

I think what Sega must realise by now is that the Phantasy Star games stand the test of time, but the only way to insure that a game stays current, is to be playable on a platform that will always be current & like people have said, is easy to update, maintain and keep ALL players on a level playing field.

They have spread themselves way too thinly with consoles over the years. Consoles & any game released on them, can quite easily face "flash in the pan" fate.

I think we can all agree, that we don't want to be sitting here in 2/3 years time annoyed that <insert console> servers are prematurely shutting down, that is much less likely to happen with a PC-only title.

I can fully understand people wanting nostalgia, but what's stopping you inviting those same friends round and booting up your Gamecube? Or heck even playing Phantasy Star Zero, on the local link up with your friends?

The key word in the information we have so far is "New"& wether it's PC only or not, I don't think it's a good idea for Sega to take a step backwards (again).

blazingsonic
Jul 16, 2011, 10:23 AM
But I feel this is a great decision since it offers a lot of potential to the game.
Updates would (hopefully) come quicker since it only has to be programmed for PC interface and Content could be more diverse due to the limitless potential of the PC.

The downside, when you limit yourself as to what your game can be played on you limit the amount of players (obviously)

The ... Upside?
Due to the potential PSO2 can have as a PC exclusive title... it can attract many PC gamers who might not be very familiar with the series.

So we might actually gain more players? (Or at least more intelligent ones... I'm not exactly stereotyping here but lets be honest... how many 13 year-olds have their own, and a half-decent, PC and access to credit card information for monthly fees... Usually get a better atmosphere on PC gaming)

And besides... [SPOILER-BOX]http://resource.mmgn.com/Gallery/normal/7PLLYLB8.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anyways, the only console I think SHOULD be given PSO2 if it HAD to... would be the PS3.
PS3 is the most capable in my opinion, however with their recent security breach... their credibility isn't exactly the best.

Wow man, just wow, I thought it was an interesting point but it's another platform bashing comment.

Ark22
Jul 16, 2011, 10:58 AM

The ... Upside?

Amen!!

Hotobu
Jul 16, 2011, 11:26 AM
Amen!!

Except... no. There are hints of truth in that post, but there are also things that don't make sense.

"Due to the potential PSO2 can have as a PC exclusive title... it can attract many PC gamers who might not be very familiar with the series."

How can exclusivity to one platform, and omitting others bring in MORE players? That defies logic. Platform exclusivity alone does nothing to boost interest.

"So we might actually gain more players? (Or at least more intelligent ones... I'm not exactly stereotyping here but lets be honest... how many 13 year-olds have their own, and a half-decent, PC and access to credit card information for monthly fees... Usually get a better atmosphere on PC gaming)"

Also doesn't make sense. The access will be the same since Sega charges its own registration fee. A credit card is required regardless of platform. As for the gaming atmosphere that's debatable

Genoa
Jul 16, 2011, 02:13 PM
If the game is multi-platform you can't do AS MUCH with the game. PC gaming can be changed and updated far more than platform games.
So if you have it for multiple systems you can't do too much to the game.
However, due to having it available for more systems you can attract a larger population.

BUT on that same note, if it's available for PC only (not any other platform only)
But PC!....
You can do a LOT more with it...
So you could TECHNICALLY get MORE players than originally intended due to the content and constant updates you can apply to a PC exclusive game.

Is that really not making sense?

Also, with the fee part, I also added "how many 13 year-olds" and "own half-decent PCs" along with "access to a credit card".
Mommy or Daddy might pay your Xbox live and what not, MAYBE. But a nice computer and online fee subscription? Some cool parents you got there ;_;

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 16, 2011, 03:17 PM
500 hours? 1000 hours?

And I thought I played a lot of FFXII with 110+ hours clocked in.

Must be fun.

I hate to admit it, but you're right. So right.

LK1721
Jul 16, 2011, 04:36 PM
In my opinion, it is best on the PC (as much as I love my console gaming), mostly because it is easier to update, as others have mentioned.

I mean yes, I'd love to sit on the couch with a friend and hack through levels on PSO2, but the better choice is still to put it on the PC only. That way more players are concentrated to that single platform rather than spread out across two or three.

Another (albeit trivial) thing I liked about PSOBB was the nice hotkey bar at the bottom of the screen that was particularly useful for spells. This didn't exist on the consoles, so you had to switch things more often or use the quick menu for casting (I did this for Shifta/Deband/Anti on my RAmarl, which sometimes was a little tedious.)

...Whatever the case, I'm using a controller no matter what, so there isn't much difference to me.

SephirothXer0
Jul 16, 2011, 04:44 PM
I'll be using a controller as well, just doesn't feel right with mouse/ keyboard.

I think the best way for Sega to do it is to keep this on PC, and then continue the Portable series onto Vita for those of us who like to play offline or ad-hoc multiplayer.

Hotobu
Jul 16, 2011, 05:53 PM
If the game is multi-platform you can't do AS MUCH with the game. PC gaming can be changed and updated far more than platform games.
So if you have it for multiple systems you can't do too much to the game.
However, due to having it available for more systems you can attract a larger population.

BUT on that same note, if it's available for PC only (not any other platform only)
But PC!....
You can do a LOT more with it...
So you could TECHNICALLY get MORE players than originally intended due to the content and constant updates you can apply to a PC exclusive game.

Is that really not making sense?

Not really. You expect word of mouth chatter about an ORPG on a PC getting updates (stop, read and think about the beginning of this sentence again before continuing) to attract more people than what could be had by releasing it on a console? ... really?

As far as updates, well that's what the subcription fee could be for. The reason why patches take so long to come out on consoles is a) they're frowned upon, and b) they have to clear through Microsoft and Sega. In this instance there's 1 company handling hundreds of games the PC world doesn't have such an analog, but Steam comes the closest. Even as a 360 owner I wouldn't want to see this on a Microsoft console, so that's out, but Nintendo and Sony have different online philosophies. Updating games on consoles isn't exponentially more difficult than it is on PC it's just that the console manufacturers are the proverbial middle men that don't exist on PC. Difficulty of updates comes down to how willing Sega is to share profits in order to have carte blanche freedom to update as they please.

RemiusTA
Jul 16, 2011, 06:17 PM
If Online philosophies are what you're worried about, then LOL you better slash Nintendo off that list as soon as humanly possible.

yoshiblue
Jul 16, 2011, 06:52 PM
As much as I hate to say it. Update and Nintendo never go together. They would have to make PSO2 V2 then maybe PSO2 Plus.

Anon_Fire
Jul 16, 2011, 08:11 PM
Not really. You expect word of mouth chatter about an ORPG on a PC getting updates (stop, read and think about the beginning of this sentence again before continuing) to attract more people than what could be had by releasing it on a console? ... really?

As far as updates, well that's what the subcription fee could be for. The reason why patches take so long to come out on consoles is a) they're frowned upon, and b) they have to clear through Microsoft and Sega. In this instance there's 1 company handling hundreds of games the PC world doesn't have such an analog, but Steam comes the closest. Even as a 360 owner I wouldn't want to see this on a Microsoft console, so that's out, but Nintendo and Sony have different online philosophies. Updating games on consoles isn't exponentially more difficult than it is on PC it's just that the console manufacturers are the proverbial middle men that don't exist on PC. Difficulty of updates comes down to how willing Sega is to share profits in order to have carte blanche freedom to update as they please.

Sounds to me you don't want PSO2 as a PC exclusive.

Angelo
Jul 16, 2011, 08:31 PM
I like consoles better. I'm a console fanboy, I even think that online games can do fairly well on consoles (DCUO for example).

But I'm happy that SEGA is pushing this for PC-only considering how much the console versions of PSU held back the game. I mean it's only just very recently now that PSU is PC-only that it's getting genuine content updates. I don't want to see PSO2 suffer that fate.

Griffin
Jul 16, 2011, 08:35 PM
I concur with Angelo. Having PSO2 on console will make things both easier and cheaper for most, however; in the long run, it will likely be declared an unsuitable move business-wise.

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 16, 2011, 08:38 PM
I'll be using a controller as well, just doesn't feel right with mouse/ keyboard.

I think the best way for Sega to do it is to keep this on PC, and then continue the Portable series onto Vita for those of us who like to play offline or ad-hoc multiplayer.

I was planning ta use a controller as well but with the Ranger playing like a TPS, I'll give the mouse + keyboard a try.
When I'm playing a Hunter or a Force I'll probably go back to the controller.

Jade DaBain
Jul 17, 2011, 01:48 AM
I will agree that having the game PC only will be good for updates. The reason being that it wont be stuck with whatever limited space the game system would have or any other limitations the system would have as well. Also, it wont be limited to whatever is on the disk as any updates can add new info thats not on the disk. You cant do that on a console unless you want to run out of space of have massive lag due to the system constantly reading the storage or drive to get info, thats if the info even fits in the space given. Then, theres the fact that you wont be able to update stuff like giving the game better graphics or sounds later on.

blazingsonic
Jul 17, 2011, 09:22 AM
As much as I hate to say it. Update and Nintendo never go together. They would have to make PSO2 V2 then maybe PSO2 Plus.

Worry not, Nintendo is planing it's own online service for the Wii U, I recommend you read up on the 3DS, the third party games are actually giving DLC, Dead or Alive is a good example, Nintendo allow developers to use the SD card for storage for extra data, An Online Phantasy Star game is possibe for the 3DS, But that's not what this is about, Just saying don't count Nintendo out yet especially with the Wii U coming out next year.

Frozensword
Jul 20, 2011, 11:55 PM
I like consoles better. I'm a console fanboy, I even think that online games can do fairly well on consoles (DCUO for example).

But I'm happy that SEGA is pushing this for PC-only considering how much the console versions of PSU held back the game. I mean it's only just very recently now that PSU is PC-only that it's getting genuine content updates. I don't want to see PSO2 suffer that fate.

I don't care what it is in Japan. All that matters to me is that in the US, the xbox 360 is the only server still going which is showing that the PC version died in the US while the 360 version is still going strong. I don't care if it is PC only in Japan. I just want a console version in the US. I don't play imported games. I only get games when they are released in the US. Seeing most people in these forums only play the Japan imported games, it wouldn't bother them for the US to get a console version. I don't care if a console version of PSO2 was just a horrible port or never got updated, I just want a console version to play on.

Zyrusticae
Jul 20, 2011, 11:57 PM
Why did you have to necro this horrible, horrible thread?

A pox on you, necromancer! A POX ON YOOUUUU

Jade DaBain
Jul 21, 2011, 12:20 AM

He didnt necro it. The last post before his was just two days ago. Hardly even a cold body yet, if you ask me.

Niloklives
Jul 21, 2011, 03:41 AM
This ridiculous thread was bumped some time last week and has been littered with QQ and trolls ever since.

Jade DaBain
Jul 21, 2011, 04:43 AM
This ridiculous thread was bumped some time last week and has been littered with QQ and trolls ever since.

Oh. I didnt know. I just saw the topic and thought I should respond to it since Im going to be playing the game once its out.

RemiusTA
Jul 21, 2011, 08:11 AM
There's nothing wrong with letting the people vent that they want the game on Consoles.

What's going to be funny though? When EVERYONE has to start venting when we complain that "WE WANT THE GAME IN AMERICA ;_;".

Jade DaBain
Jul 21, 2011, 09:39 AM
There's nothing wrong with letting the people vent that they want the game on Consoles.

What's going to be funny though? When EVERYONE has to start venting when we complain that "WE WANT THE GAME IN AMERICA ;_;".

True there. Since Infinity didnt come state side, it could mean the same for PSO2. *shudders at the thought*

Kion
Jul 21, 2011, 09:43 AM
Meh, I checked on Newegg; it's possible to build an A6 rig for $350. Depending on what hardware options are available building a PC may actually be cheaper than buying a new console. I really don't see what there is to QQ about.

Jade DaBain
Jul 21, 2011, 09:44 AM
I wouldnt want a PC thats worth $350.

r00tabaga
Jul 21, 2011, 09:47 AM
I wouldnt want a PC thats worth $350.

Second that!

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 21, 2011, 11:05 AM
True there. Since Infinity didnt come state side, it could mean the same for PSO2. *shudders at the thought*

I hope Infinity comes stateside, watered down or not. Just tired of following a story I can't understand.

RemiusTA
Jul 21, 2011, 11:29 AM
Meh, I checked on Newegg; it's possible to build an A6 rig for $350. Depending on what hardware options are available building a PC may actually be cheaper than buying a new console. I really don't see what there is to QQ about.

Haha...

$350....

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2011, 11:32 AM
If someone cannot understand the benefits of having a PC and the ease of upgrading it once it is attained, they are clearly unworthy of PC MASTER RACE status.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/5160888872_a7b299568e.jpg

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2011, 11:35 AM
I understand the benefits of owning a PC just fine, but right now my wallet doesn't....and won't until I get other job, which might happen somewhere in the next 5-10 years, based on how it's been going thus far.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 21, 2011, 03:32 PM
If someone cannot understand the benefits of having a PC and the ease of upgrading it once it is attained, they are clearly unworthy of PC MASTER RACE status.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/5160888872_a7b299568e.jpg

LOL how the PC gamers are clean. But that contradicts the "all night WoW" players, doesn't it?

Angelo
Jul 21, 2011, 03:42 PM
LOL how the PC gamers are clean. But that contradicts the "all night WoW" players, doesn't it?

That's the joke.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 21, 2011, 11:09 PM
HAH LOL

Miyoko
Jul 22, 2011, 01:42 AM
I'm insulted you lump those idiots with real PC gamers!

... srsly. WoW players are scary. :p

Jade DaBain
Jul 22, 2011, 02:24 AM
I hope Infinity comes stateside, watered down or not. Just tired of following a story I can't understand.

I couldnt agree with you more. :D

Anime_Angel
Jul 22, 2011, 08:15 AM
I think they should put it on PS3 and Xbox360, Sega has always made games for consoles and they are making this a PC exclusive? not everyone plays games on the PC because most the gaming population are console gamers.

Jade DaBain
Jul 22, 2011, 08:18 AM
I think they should put it on PS3 and Xbox360, Sega has always made games for consoles and they are making this a PC exclusive? not everyone plays games on the PC because most the gaming population are console gamers.

Thats actually not true. Most gamers prefer a PC then a console as they have more freedoms and the ability to upgrade. Not to mention better graphics, sound, and speed.

DemonMike
Jul 22, 2011, 09:42 AM
Ughhh, people are really still begging for this to be put on a console?

As I'm sure MANY MANY MANY people have stated before me, Sega knows what it's doing. Look at the minimum requirements for the alpha.. now think about the optimisation that will be accomplished before its full release. You can probably run this on any computer that has a dedicated graphics card from the last 7-8 years.

Consoles are not as powerful as you think and they have a very negative affect on MMO's, the fact that companies like Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony don't want to do cross compatibility in online games. If all of it is focussed on a cheaper, more efficient platform (like they have done with the PC), we will have a very large community.

EDIT: Crap, didn't realise this was just bumped by some one trolling =\

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 22, 2011, 01:37 PM
I'm not complaining or begging SEGA to port the game to consoles. I'm sure it's a way better decision anyway. What I'm depressed about is how crappy my PC is. I couldn't run this game for ANYTHING.

Frozensword
Jul 22, 2011, 04:59 PM
Thats actually not true. Most gamers prefer a PC then a console as they have more freedoms and the ability to upgrade. Not to mention better graphics, sound, and speed.I am NOT trying to start an argument here, but millions of more people play on consoles than pc. Actually like many before said, pc gaming is slowly dying. Most gamers (probably about 95%) play on consoles.

Ishia
Jul 22, 2011, 05:04 PM
You are all pulling things out of your asses. Stop that.

Malachite
Jul 22, 2011, 05:14 PM
Most gamers (probably about 95%) play on consoles.
'Probably' 95%? Yeah, stop pulling numbers out of your ass, cause it's nowhere near that.

Anon_Fire
Jul 22, 2011, 06:47 PM
I am NOT trying to start an argument here, but millions of more people play on consoles than pc. Actually like many before said, pc gaming is slowly dying. Most gamers (probably about 95%) play on consoles.

Oh really? What makes you say that?

RemiusTA
Jul 22, 2011, 07:11 PM
I am NOT trying to start an argument here, but millions of more people play on consoles than pc. Actually like many before said, pc gaming is slowly dying. Most gamers (probably about 95%) play on consoles.

Internet; where statistical facts are born out of thin air

Frozensword
Jul 22, 2011, 09:25 PM
Do I need to pull even the numbers up of sales of console games to pc games? I have links. (I find it funny how pc gamers get so sensative over something when it is really the truth. PC gamers are getting on my nerves about not wanting PSO2 on console, but I just found out how to get on their nerves with facts.) The most played pc game is Team Fortress 2, and it has about 54,000 on at peak hours of the day. I extremely hate using this as an example for consoles because it is the worst game ever released, but CoD (which I refuse to play bandwagon games) has a few million on at the same time at its peak hours. The second most played game Halo Reach has about 150,000 people on at a time during its peak hours. If this persist, I will pull links out of the sales.

Malachite
Jul 22, 2011, 09:34 PM
Do I need to pull even the numbers up of sales of console games to pc games? I have links. (I find it funny how pc gamers get so sensative over something when it is really the truth. PC gamers are getting on my nerves about not wanting PSO2 on console, but I just found out how to get on their nerves with facts.) The most played pc game is Team Fortress 2, and it has about 54,000 on at peak hours of the day.

Herp derp? I like how you say "I have links." yet provide none, and present false information.

I can guarantee you that WoW has FAR more players per day than 54,000.

Niloklives
Jul 22, 2011, 09:37 PM
Fake numbers are fun, aren't they? just remember that even if you pull up something you read on the net, there's no guarantee the numbers aren't fabricated and aren't pulled from fucking gamestop. AND you also have to remember that piracy is rampant on PCs as well as the availability of independent titles that of course aren't going to be counted into the total.

But by all means pull up your fake numbers.

Vashyron
Jul 22, 2011, 09:42 PM
54,000 TF2 players eh? Looks like someone just went and checked this? http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ Current players ≠ All time.

Also Steam ≠ All PC Gamers.

Hotobu
Jul 22, 2011, 09:46 PM
Do I need to pull even the numbers up of sales of console games to pc games? I have links. (I find it funny how pc gamers get so sensative over something when it is really the truth. PC gamers are getting on my nerves about not wanting PSO2 on console, but I just found out how to get on their nerves with facts.) The most played pc game is Team Fortress 2, and it has about 54,000 on at peak hours of the day. I extremely hate using this as an example for consoles because it is the worst game ever released, but CoD (which I refuse to play bandwagon games) has a few million on at the same time at its peak hours. The second most played game Halo Reach has about 150,000 people on at a time during its peak hours. If this persist, I will pull links out of the sales.

I really can't tell if you're a troll or a retard. It is true that the console gamer market is larger, or certainly more profitable when it comes to software sales, but not by a factor of 20. What makes the above post so stupid is that not only are neither of those anywhere close to being the most played PC game how in the fuck does the most played game have 54,000 and second place has 150,000?

(Here's a hint: World of Warcraft hit 12million subscribers last year)

Malachite
Jul 22, 2011, 09:48 PM
12 million subscribers in a single game apparently means PC gaming is dead.

Flawless logic.

Jade DaBain
Jul 23, 2011, 02:36 AM
Internet; where statistical facts are born out of thin air

Quoted for truth. Also, isnt this topic going off topic?

Hotobu
Jul 23, 2011, 03:39 AM
Quoted for truth. Also, isnt this topic going off topic?

I don't see how. Seeing as it's the goal of every company to make money and the topic is the viability of each platform how is the economic viability of one vs. the other anything but relevant?

Jade DaBain
Jul 23, 2011, 03:40 AM
I don't see how. Seeing as it's the goal of every company to make money and the topic is the viability of each platform how is the economic viability of one vs. the other anything but relevant?

Because this is a topic about hoping to see PSO2 on a console, not a PC VS Console topic.

Niloklives
Jul 23, 2011, 03:49 AM
they're really one and the same

Jade DaBain
Jul 23, 2011, 03:58 AM
they're really one and the same

No it isnt. One is about wanting a game to be on a console. The other is people bashing at each other over what is better. Big difference. Now, lets get this topic back on track, OK?

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jul 23, 2011, 04:05 AM
This topic has already been discussed in full and argued for months. There really isn't anything more to say on the matter. There isn't anything else that can be said that hasn't already and continuing to bicker isn't going to change the fact that it's PC only.

If one insists on explaining why they want it on consoles, expect the same responses that have been going on over the past few months.

Hotobu
Jul 23, 2011, 04:07 AM
The ironic thing about the above exchange is that the reason why this topic sucks now is because of people's inability to process the simple concept that comparing and contrasting two things doesn't mean one thing has to be "bashed," yet when pointed out Jade here still can't realize that these are mutually exclusive concepts.

Jade DaBain
Jul 23, 2011, 04:11 AM
This topic has already been discussed in full and argued for months. There really isn't anything more to say on the matter. There isn't anything else that can be said that hasn't already and continuing to bicker isn't going to change the fact that it's PC only.

If one insists on explaining why they want it on consoles, expect the same responses that have been going on over the past few months.

Maybe, we should ask a mod to close this topic then before it gets out of hand, which may be already too late.

blace
Jul 23, 2011, 04:13 AM
It's already been through hell and back quite a few times within the past 3 or so months of this thread.

Jade DaBain
Jul 23, 2011, 04:15 AM
It's already been through hell and back quite a few times within the past 3 or so months of this thread.

Then lets ask a mod to close it before any more posts are put in it.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Jul 23, 2011, 04:26 AM
Maybe, we should ask a mod to close this topic then before it gets out of hand, which may be already too late.

Lock anyone?

Listen, it's only been announced for PC among other things, and they have yet to reveal anything else about the project. Putting out your opinions on why it should be on x console, doesn't make it any more likely.

Can we make more threads to bury this please?

Just to quote a few. We have asked. Course it would help of people would read the threads before they post.

Jade DaBain
Jul 23, 2011, 04:37 AM
Just to quote a few. We have asked. Course it would help of people would read the threads before they post.

If we use the report button, will that work?

Niloklives
Jul 23, 2011, 05:05 AM
No it isnt. One is about wanting a game to be on a console. The other is people bashing at each other over what is better. Big difference. Now, lets get this topic back on track, OK?

they are one and the same because the discussion is why the game should be on consoles to begin with. "i want it on consoles" "it has no business on consoles" "pc gaming is dead" "you're a moron" So yeah...yeah it is.

Jade DaBain
Jul 23, 2011, 05:07 AM
Mods, please close this topic.

Malachite
Jul 23, 2011, 05:25 AM
Why are you so bent on this being closed, lol? If you don't like it, just ignore it.

Hotobu
Jul 23, 2011, 05:27 AM
Why are you so bent on this being closed, lol? If you don't like it, just ignore it.

This.

It's a sad state of affairs what such an initiative says not just about this board, but about the people trying to get it closed.

"We're not mature enough to discuss a perfectly legitimate topic so let's cry to a mod to have it closed."

Tetsaru
Jul 23, 2011, 03:55 PM
This.

It's a sad state of affairs what such an initiative says not just about this board, but about the people trying to get it closed.

"We're not mature enough to discuss a perfectly legitimate topic so let's cry to a mod to have it closed."

I think it's more so the fact that there's just nothing else to discuss, seeing how there's been no new information from the developers regarding this topic. We all know the pros and cons of the PC and console platforms at this point; we're just talking in circles and bitching at each other now. :confused:

blace
Jul 23, 2011, 04:03 PM
Well anything posted here now is doomed anyway. Most people are too stubborn to let the subject go.

yoshiblue
Jul 23, 2011, 04:12 PM
Most I can say is, if the graphics stay like the alphas, it "MAY" come to a home system. "MAY" as in it also may be that way to reduce requirements and the like and maybe easier for the crew to work with for later content.

Finalzone
Jul 23, 2011, 04:52 PM
I know some PC fans will cry foul, saying the game would have much more on PC, and for that I could really care less. See I have a great PC, and many PC games, but for me, Phantasy Star has always been and should be a console RPG. It isn’t trying to push boundaries, it’s just supposed to be just good fun. Playing online is fun, but not nearly as fun as having buddies sitting next to you on a couch, each with a controller in hand.

What do you think?

It depends how PC is defined because Apple hardware are essentially a PC. Better to make it crossplatform i.e Windows, OSX and Linux based sharing the same code source.
Offline mode should be included for story or training purpose.
PS3 and XBox 360 have HDD so their port version should be straightforward..

blace
Jul 23, 2011, 05:14 PM
And here we go again.

Taijutsu-Joshua
Jul 23, 2011, 05:14 PM
And here we go again.

Better you just stop coming to the thread. It's an endless cycle.

Hotobu
Jul 23, 2011, 05:49 PM
I think it's more so the fact that there's just nothing else to discuss, seeing how there's been no new information from the developers regarding this topic. We all know the pros and cons of the PC and console platforms at this point; we're just talking in circles and bitching at each other now. :confused:

This much is obvious, but my counterpoint to that is why should the people who've already had their say have a monopoly on discussing this topic? Regardless of the path this thread has taken, and will take it's a perfectly reasonable thing to discuss. Ironically the most useless responses are the ones like, "duuurr, here we go again," or, "let this thread die," because not only do they keep the thread afloat, but they're 100% off topic. People not wanting to discuss it anymore shutting the fuck up would be the best thing they can do. Why can't people ignore it?

As the release of the game nears more people are going to want to talk about the very same thing, so why not let this be their soundboard?

tl;dr: Don't like the topic? ignore it you don't have to read it, and new people who come along deserve to have their say.

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2011, 06:32 PM
So basically, this topic should say here...

Because people that didn't get a chance to complain (or complain about complainers) should be allowed to beat the dead horse?

OR you could just move this topic to the rants/deadhorse society section. :0

I don't really care eitherway since I could care less about forum policing. I just happened to see enough jerkassing in this thread to make me wanna comment is all. :0

Ryna
Jul 23, 2011, 07:12 PM
Since this thread has been thoroughly discussed and all of the salient viewpoints analyzed in-depth, I am going to lock it. We'll wait for additional game information to be released before opening a new incarnation of this topic.