PDA

View Full Version : Tails?

Wang My Getsu
Apr 26, 2011, 07:53 PM
I was watching the gameplay video of PSO 2 and noticed something. The ranger class character seemed to have a cat tail. My guess is that this is a beast only customizable characteristic, a clothing attachment, or some sort of accesory like in PSU. What are your thoughts on this?

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 07:55 PM
Maybe he forgot to get his Knuckles?

No,but I heard they might add a race called Arcs

eclipsXe
Apr 26, 2011, 07:57 PM
Probably be some part of clothing

Vashyron
Apr 26, 2011, 07:57 PM
If it's the one with red hair it definitely looks like part of her clothing, not a tail or anything. (There's two also.)

Ark22
Apr 26, 2011, 07:58 PM
This is where we need the..oh I dunno.....THE 1080p VIDEO

Vashyron
Apr 26, 2011, 08:01 PM
This is where we need the..oh I dunno.....THE 1080p VIDEO

Even by the low garbage quality, you can clearly see it's the clothing at around 1:40 in the video where they are running. (Or any of the "zoomed" in ranger parts.)

Wang My Getsu
Apr 26, 2011, 08:17 PM
Even by the low garbage quality, you can clearly see it's the clothing at around 1:40 in the video where they are running. (Or any of the "zoomed" in ranger parts.)

i dunno when she jumped on to that platform it looked more like a tail than a part of a dress or something

Corey Blue
Apr 26, 2011, 08:24 PM
It didn't look like a tail to me.It looked like a strap or something.

•Col•
Apr 26, 2011, 10:16 PM
Maybe he forgot to get his Knuckles?

No,but I heard they might add a race called Arcs

Huh? The "Arcs" is the name of the military group or whatever that fights against the evil force in the universe...

Vashyron
Apr 26, 2011, 10:18 PM
Uhhh, Arcs = Badly translated Arkz? You know from Episode 3?

•Col•
Apr 26, 2011, 10:26 PM

Well, I think it's moreso supposed just be a nod to Episode 3. PSO2 isn't in in the same dimension or whatever as PSO/PSU, remember?

Malachite
Apr 26, 2011, 10:28 PM
When was it stated that it's a different dimension or whatever?

•Col•
Apr 26, 2011, 10:36 PM
When was it stated that it's a different dimension or whatever?

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02350-few-tidbits-pso2-info

Looking it over again, I guess it's possible that PSO2 actually is in the same dimension as PSO1. That's not how I took the "not set in either Ragol or Gurhal" message, though.

Niloklives
Apr 27, 2011, 12:58 AM
Universe =/= dimension. Could easily be someplace outside of Gurhal or Ragol. Just means new places, has nothing to do with why they're there or who tagged along.

•Col•
Apr 27, 2011, 01:12 AM
Universe =/= dimension. Could easily be someplace outside of Gurhal or Ragol. Just means new places, has nothing to do with why they're there or who tagged along.

Actually, universe and dimension have a pretty similiar meaning. But I know what you mean; you meant a galaxy/solar system.

Regardless, there really isn't any evidence proving that this actually takes place after PSO... But I still don't think the Arcs/Arks thing is just a mistranslation.

Niloklives
Apr 27, 2011, 01:15 AM
typically when people say universe they don't mean totality. I think it's safe to say the game will be closely tied to the others at some point if not right away. personally I couldn't care less if it connects to PSU. I think they've done all they can with that. seeing them pick up from PSO though could be interesting.

Vashyron
Apr 27, 2011, 01:22 AM
typically when people say universe they don't mean totality. I think it's safe to say the game will be closely tied to the others at some point if not right away. personally I couldn't care less if it connects to PSU. I think they've done all they can with that. seeing them pick up from PSO though could be interesting.

I'm not too sure since I don't understand a lick of Japanese, but I think it'll possibly be linked to PSP2i.

Red Ring Rico and Flowen are there, then the game throws this out at the end: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7803/20110223172102.jpg

Niloklives
Apr 27, 2011, 01:27 AM
I'm not too sure since I don't understand a lick of Japanese, but I think it'll possibly be linked to PSP2i.

Red Ring Rico and Flowen are there, then the game throws this out at the end: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7803/20110223172102.jpg

The image could mean anything as far as the rest of that this is the first I heard of it. where did you see that?

Vashyron
Apr 27, 2011, 01:34 AM
The image could mean anything as far as the rest of that this is the first I heard of it. where did you see that?

Image is at the end of PSP2i, yeah sure it could mean anything, (Such as advertising! Lol.) But to include "PSO 10th Anniversary" along with it....

Well I've said this before, We'll see.

GCoffee
Apr 27, 2011, 07:54 AM

It is Arks, actually. The writing of it is different.

@Topic: It's clothing, nothing more.

•Col•
Apr 27, 2011, 12:24 PM
It is Arks, actually. The writing of it is different.

@Topic: It's clothing, nothing more.

If it's written differently, then doesn't it mean that the Arcs may not be the same organization as the Arkz?

Tetsaru
Apr 27, 2011, 01:02 PM
If it's written differently, then doesn't it mean that the Arcs may not be the same organization as the Arkz?

It could just be a translation issue, who knows. I think it'd be kinda confusing, stupid, and lazy of Sega to just change one letter in a name for something else... kinda like when they made Helga Neumann, when Newmans have been in the series the start, iirc, and Helga herself is actually one of the first Dumans (I think...?).

Also, when I first saw this topic, I thought it was somehow related to Tails from the Sonic series...

*EDIT* - I just watched the video again... I'm pretty sure those are coattails or something clothing-related, although I wouldn't be opposed to having tails for Beasts, if they bring them back.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 01:07 PM
You know what would be awesome...? Seeing how every PS has the same one dark force as the last boss, or different ones..

Entering a giant room that looks like space hell... and an army of Dark force/falz/fakis from every game just starts tearing the party to shreds, then they morph together and create the ultimate space satan, and the boss battle starts everyone off with 1 hp. :0

Niloklives
Apr 27, 2011, 01:30 PM
so everyone just uses a mate/restas at the start? no thanks.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 01:41 PM
so everyone just uses a mate/restas at the start? no thanks.

Nice imagination. :0

(Wouldn't be the first rpg to do it anyway.)

eclipsXe
Apr 27, 2011, 01:44 PM
You know what would be awesome...? Seeing how every PS has the same one dark force as the last boss, or different ones..

Entering a giant room that looks like space hell... and an army of Dark force/falz/fakis from every game just starts tearing the party to shreds, then they morph together and create the ultimate space satan, and the boss battle starts everyone off with 1 hp. :0

Lol make it so fast that you have to block or dodge right after the cut scene Bayonetta style.

Tetsaru
Apr 27, 2011, 01:51 PM

Lol make it so fast that you have to block or dodge right after the cut scene Bayonetta style.

That.... would be cheap and stupid as hell. You might as well make it a QTE (press X to not die moment), which would piss off a lot of people... Besides, isn't Dark Falz supposed to be ONE entity that takes on the most powerful host/form it can find?

Also, wtf does this have to do with the thread topic?? o_o

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 01:55 PM
That.... would be cheap and stupid as hell. You might as well make it a QTE (press X to not die moment), which would piss off a lot of people... Besides, isn't Dark Falz supposed to be ONE entity that takes on the most powerful host/form it can find?

The last god boss is supposed to be cheap. :0

and they went off topic first! D<

eclipsXe
Apr 27, 2011, 01:56 PM

I was just saying it would be something different. lol sorry for the off top post, but yeah that is definitely part of the characters clothing, maybe clothing in PSO2 will be a better version of PSU where you have a head piece, back peace, chest, legs, shoes, etc, instead of just 3 and the tail is a back piece.

•Col•
Apr 27, 2011, 01:59 PM
It could just be a translation issue, who knows. I think it'd be kinda confusing, stupid, and lazy of Sega to just change one letter in a name for something else... kinda like when they made Helga Neumann, when Newmans have been in the series the start, iirc, and Helga herself is actually one of the first Dumans (I think...?).

Also, when I first saw this topic, I thought it was somehow related to Tails from the Sonic series...

*EDIT* - I just watched the video again... I'm pretty sure those are coattails or something clothing-related, although I wouldn't be opposed to having tails for Beasts, if they bring them back.

When I said that it was written differently, I thought he was referring to the Japanese, which is why I thought it'd have a different meaning. :p He might've just been talking about the English though.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2011, 02:19 PM
*Press X to save your team**misses on purpose causing team to die*Yeah....I don't want to be the jerk to miss it for the lols.

Evila
Apr 27, 2011, 02:48 PM
Just to clear up the whole Arkz/Arks/Arcs thing.

PSO Episode III = アークズ (Arkz)
PSO2 = アークス (Arks or Arcs)

So yeah, there is a slight difference.

GCoffee
Apr 27, 2011, 02:54 PM

Neumann is a German family name. They chose that name since they wanted the Illuminus to resemble the Hitler regime. Same goes for Howser who should have been Hauser but was called Howser since the English pronounciation of Howser resembles the German one for Hauser. You get what I mean.

And it is not just a mere translation error, that Arks. The Katakana for Arks and Arkz are different.
アークズ Arkz
アークス Arks

edit: Been beaten by a long shot it seems. :P

pikachief
Apr 27, 2011, 04:29 PM
lets see... I'm just gonna go through and post what has already been posted! (its what all the cool kids are doing these days :P )

1. It's not a tail its clothing.

2. I would love it if beasts were in it though, but no tails please, although everybody loves cat girls(lie) beast are not cat people, they're beasts. They don't need tails.

3. Arks =/= Arkz

4. Dark force = Dark Force / Dark Falz = Dark matter or just some evil stuffs that takes the form of the strongest thing around it / Dark Fakis = Just a massive collection of SEED at a source of very high A-photon energy.

Every boss whether it be Dark force, dark falz, or dulk fakis is basically same idea (big dark evil monster thing with a somewhat mysterious origin) with a different twist on it and i for one really like it and im hoping either for maybe DARK FALZ! THEN U KILLZ HIM AND HE ESCAPES TO ANOTHER PLANET CALLED RAGOL! or something like that or maybe even something new (or even dark force would be cool)

5. Just because the end of PSP2i has that symbol means nothing, they just seem to like putting that symbol on everything lately lol.

6. I think thats it, game's gonna be cool and stuff

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2011, 04:32 PM
4. Dark force = Dark Force / Dark Falz = Dark matter or just some evil stuffs that takes the form of the strongest thing around it / Dark Fakis = Just a massive collection of SEED at a source of very high A-photon energy.
Every boss whether it be Dark force, dark falz, or dulk fakis is basically same idea (big dark evil monster thing with a somewhat mysterious origin) with a different twist on it

THANK you, augh. <_>

Vashyron
Apr 28, 2011, 09:10 AM
HQ Video is out and you can clearly see it's part of the clothes.

Mystery Solved.gif

ShinMaruku
Apr 28, 2011, 09:39 AM
Tail strapped on to a thong. Oh Sega you DOGS

RenzokukenZ
Apr 28, 2011, 09:46 AM
So if you pull the tails the HUnewearl gets one hell of a wedgie?

ShinMaruku
Apr 28, 2011, 09:47 AM
Indeed. I'd grab something else myself.

Aumi
Apr 28, 2011, 10:12 AM
When I said that it was written differently, I thought he was referring to the Japanese, which is why I thought it'd have a different meaning. :p He might've just been talking about the English though.

The difference, if I remember correctly, is that the original Arkz are written アークズ (a-kuzu, Arkz or Arcz), while those in PSO2 are written アークス (a-kusu, Arks or Arcs). Although, pronunciation-wise, アークス could still mean Arkz, while アークズ could also be translated as Arks

Well, controversy aside, the high resolution version of the trailer on the official site translates it as "ARKS". Of course, this can still be a translation error, although I don't know if "Arkz" in latin letters was ever used in the Japanese version of PSO Episode III. If not, there still is the possibility that they simply changed the romaji. Well, in the end, it's all speculation...

RenzokukenZ
Apr 28, 2011, 10:31 AM
It's officially spelled ARKS.

ShinMaruku
Apr 28, 2011, 11:10 AM
Arks sure loves it's wommenz.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 11:20 AM
Arks sure loves it's wommenz.

Ark Approves this message

RenzokukenZ
Apr 28, 2011, 11:26 AM
Arks also likes Fridays alot.

OdinTyler
Apr 28, 2011, 02:13 PM
I saw that Arks mention and thought, "Oh God no, this is going to relate to Episode III?!?" Bleah. sure hope not! LOL Anyone have any clue what the Arks in PSO 2 are (other than obviously lazily named by Sega).

GCoffee
Apr 28, 2011, 02:34 PM
Anyone have any clue what the Arks in PSO 2 are (other than obviously lazily named by Sega).

I know what you mean dude. They keep putting in some yellow birds into their Phantasy Star games and call them Rappys everytime. Gosh that laziness.

OdinTyler
Apr 28, 2011, 02:36 PM
Well, that's explainable: Phantasy Star III. All started there. The Rappy is kinda the PS mascot now, isn't it? What happened to the Musk Cat love? :( Oh, forgot to add. I think the tail people are seeing is possibly a MAG. Remember back in PSO, if you got the right MAG, it looked like a cat tail and if you got the Monkey Bar, you could basically RP that you're Goku? LOL I know because people did go out of their way to do this back then. Geez.