PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Unlucky ?

spires
Apr 27, 2011, 09:01 AM
Well one of my characters section ID changed from ORAN to WHITILL after a dressing room visit (dunno why).

I've played 10 runs since it happened on 2P hard mode (Yes, the whitill guy was 1st player), 5 in forest, 2 Temple 2 Spaceship and 1 Control Center, and i haven't seen a single red item...

Idk i usually see something within 1 or 2 runs, sometimes i find 2 or 3 things in one run on other section ID's. i just find it really weird that i havent found anything at all, like could it be a bug?

Maybe im just really unlucky idk?

FoCaster
Apr 27, 2011, 08:47 PM
Random drop rates = "unlucky" or "lucky"

Being unlucky in PSO is not a bug; just keep trying and have fun hunting~!

As for section IDs changing after a dressing room visit, that could be a bug, as your section ID is dependent on your character's name and not his or her appearance.

Neith
Apr 28, 2011, 11:17 AM
Your Section ID shouldn't change, so that's deifnitely a bug. Also if you stack items like Trimates above x10 you'll disable all rare drops, as will some other illegitimate items. It sounds like the Section ID changing might have caused this (as drops are solely dependant on Section ID), but I've never heard of someone changing Section ID outside of private servers.

spires
May 1, 2011, 08:57 AM
Your Section ID shouldn't change, so that's deifnitely a bug. Also if you stack items like Trimates above x10 you'll disable all rare drops, as will some other illegitimate items. It sounds like the Section ID changing might have caused this (as drops are solely dependant on Section ID), but I've never heard of someone changing Section ID outside of private servers.

thats what im thinking it might have messed up my drops, ive done more runs since then and i still havent found a rare item, it never took this long before :/

NathanK93
May 11, 2011, 05:56 AM

Ohhhhhh so stacking items to 99 disables drops :-o, no wonder i havent been getting any drops for the past 4 months. If i get rid of the stacked items, will the drops go back to normal?, and what about any cloned items, useing a glitch, will they effect it?

this is on gamecube offline btw^
cheers.

DC_PLAYER
May 11, 2011, 09:51 AM
if the game detects dispendable items above 10 it will disable rare drops
if it detects mags above lvl 200 it will disable rare drops

the game is not capable of detecting duped items, so nothing will be affected, it's still cheating despite the game not being smart enough to detect it

NathanK93
May 11, 2011, 10:55 AM
thanks for the reply,
ive got rid of the stacked items now that were stacked over 10,
does it re-neable itself?

DC_PLAYER
May 11, 2011, 11:08 AM
yes, that will make drops return to normal, the only items that can go above 10 are photon drops and phonton spheres

NathanK93
May 11, 2011, 11:15 AM
ok cool thanks now we wait for the first drop (god/battle) thanks mate