PDA

View Full Version : Infinity PSP2I playable online on Custom firmware?

ShinMaruku
Apr 28, 2011, 10:24 AM
Finally got another psp and I am thinking of getting PSP2I but first thing is is t playable online? If so then I shall definately try my hand at this game after purchasing it.

Emp
Apr 28, 2011, 11:06 AM
You can play online in psp2i but you need the license to play online tho. You cant play online at the moment anyways cause of the worldwide PSN outage.

vagabondkitten
Apr 28, 2011, 12:21 PM
You have to have the most updated firmware to be able to access anything via the psn, and when you say custom firmware I'm assuming you mean that it's some sort of special firmware (for example one with CWCheat or the ability to play emulators). If that isn't what you meant, you should have no problem getting online, though if it was a used PSP you will probably have to update your firmware (which is extremely easy, and requires almost no effort). Though as the above poster said, currently PSN is down due to a security breech, so it may be a while still before anyone can go online. :-?

funkyskunk
Apr 28, 2011, 12:34 PM
Yes you can use most of the recent CFW and LCFW to get online.

After the PSN update they are rolling out, this could be a different story though so I would hang fire until PSN is back up if you truly want to play online.

ShinMaruku
Apr 29, 2011, 08:31 PM
That is what I'm waiting on if I can't will just have to wait. :)

Rebel3000
May 4, 2011, 07:34 PM
i have Promethius-4 and im able to get online with almost any game. not PSP2i. it DCs after i connect to the router, but it might be because i have a american PSI... how do i fix?

funkyskunk
May 5, 2011, 08:58 AM
6.35 PRO B or greater should work also I think 6.20 TN E would work too. All the old methods (psnlover etc) are now null and void.

Kamineko99
May 13, 2011, 02:21 AM
so then PsnLover will not work again after the PSN is working again?
I found it logical... but... does somebody think CFW users (pasive ones that only play and NOT hack and cause chaos) may be able to play again as before using a plugin like PSn lover?

funkyskunk
May 13, 2011, 05:14 AM
Any game that requires you to have the latest FW installed to go online will no longer work with PSNlover. I am not too sure on which older games will work and which won't as the only game that interests me on PSP is this.

It is best to upgrade to one of the latest LCFW anyhow as prome and GEN are all obsolete now really. Roll with the times and all that

DeviFoxx
May 13, 2011, 08:14 PM
so then PsnLover will not work again after the PSN is working again?
I found it logical... but... does somebody think CFW users (pasive ones that only play and NOT hack and cause chaos) may be able to play again as before using a plugin like PSn lover?

As people have already said before, you need to have:

· A Japanese PSN Account.
· A License / Serial Number attached to that account.

To play online in PSP2i. That's a given.

But if you just want to be able to run the game, period, PSP2i requires that you update to ver 6.35 OFW or higher (the UMD Disc comes with the installation file for it).

Similar to what Funkyskunk said, the PSNlover plugin is largely obsolete now. But to replace it, the latest CFW ( 6.38-ME v2 ) wouldn't require it anyway, because it has a dual-boot function that allows its user to switch back and forth from using OFW and CFW. Freely turning one's PSP into a "Legit" one or a "Hacked" one at will. (Although that might be changed when PSN finally goes back online, they might release OFW 6.39 or something... But people might update the CFW too as a response.)

But what ever you do, it's up to you. All I'm saying is that it's possible to play PSP2i in more ways than one, that's all.

In either method you use to play, to get online you still need to have bought a copy of the game and have a Japanese account that can use it.

ShinMaruku
May 15, 2011, 02:30 PM
Well I got psp2 running I guess I just need the code to go online with psp2i.

Totori
May 15, 2011, 02:44 PM
PSNlover, should still work I don't think they gave the PSP an update like the PS3 was required but I guess I could try it and find out if that's true or not.

Ark22
May 15, 2011, 03:13 PM
PSNLover works. I can vouch for it

joshboyd1209
May 15, 2011, 03:44 PM
While we're on the topic of CFW does anyone know when someone will release PSP-3000 compatible 6.38 or if it's already been released?

ShinMaruku
May 15, 2011, 03:44 PM
works for psp2i?

Ark22
May 15, 2011, 03:49 PM
It works for psp2, should work for psp2i

ShinMaruku
May 15, 2011, 04:02 PM
While we're on the topic of CFW does anyone know when someone will release PSP-3000 compatible 6.38 or if it's already been released?
You mean the CFW for 6.38 have to wait a bit one guy has it and he's being a wanker.

Ark22
May 15, 2011, 04:04 PM
Thank goodness for my 2000. I am getting PSP2i this minute (wary) So I will join the PSP2i players aswell as switching back and forth

ShinMaruku
May 15, 2011, 06:01 PM
Works on my 3000 fine. Putting CFW is like loading a game.

Godless
Jun 1, 2011, 08:51 PM
I'm on 6.20 Pro-B6. I get some kind of error when trying to get on.

This is with PSP2i btw. With PSP2, I dont get any error.

DeviFoxx
Jun 1, 2011, 09:04 PM
I'm on 6.20 Pro-B6. I get some kind of error when trying to get on.

This is with PSP2i btw. With PSP2, I dont get any error.

PSP2i by default requires that you be running OFW 6.35 or higher. In fact, the UMD comes with an installation for that firmware.

If I were you, I'd just look for CFW 6.39-ME. That will at least allow the game to run.

Godless
Jun 1, 2011, 09:35 PM
I can get ingame. I can play it and such, I just cant get online. I get some error after I connect.

funkyskunk
Jun 3, 2011, 09:08 AM
I think 6.35 is dead now... Any of the new 6.39 CFW or LCFW should do it, 6.39 PROB etc