PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Farming Spellstones for Magashi Plan: What's your best farming strategy?

DeviFoxx
Apr 28, 2011, 03:50 PM
Farming Spellstones for Magashi Plan: What's your best farming strategy?

For the four different spellstones, which missions do you suggest yield the largest output?

Emp
Apr 28, 2011, 03:59 PM
Im not sure about the other 3 spellstones but I, for one, love Fight For Food S when Im in need for phantomite stones. That mission drops them like candy.

Heartkey, Blood Moon, and Intirista are too easy to get imo.

Strauss
Apr 28, 2011, 04:06 PM
You should also consider The 4th System or Ebony Impromptu as other sources for phantomite.

Sekkanoki
Apr 28, 2011, 04:18 PM
4th system C for Phantomite, I've gotten as many as 10 in one run, which takes about 5-7 minutes

Gemaga for iritista and heart key* >_>;

Magashi for Blood moon, I usually leave with more than I spent to get in.

*For the heart key, I'm not sure what the best way to farm them is, I got a decent bit (200~?) from Gemaga, they don't drop about half as often but I've still never had to farm them specifically.

PurpleIsGood
Apr 28, 2011, 04:28 PM
4th system C for Phantomite, I've gotten as many as 10 in one run, which takes about 5-7 minutes

Gemaga for iritista and heart key* >_>;

Magashi for Blood moon, I usually leave with more than I spent to get in.

*For the heart key, I'm not sure what the best way to farm them is, I got a decent bit (200~?) from Gemaga, they don't drop about half as often but I've still never had to farm them specifically.

Lol the point of this post is to farm spellstones so you can actually do Magishi runs, not waste spellstones to do it to get one kind of spellstone.

Truthfully though I can't think of a good mission for Blood Moon, but that's just cause I'm forgetful. I get alot of them.

Sekkanoki
Apr 28, 2011, 05:15 PM
Lol the point of this post is to farm spellstones so you can actually do Magishi runs, not waste spellstones to do it to get one kind of spellstone.

Truthfully though I can't think of a good mission for Blood Moon, but that's just cause I'm forgetful. I get alot of them.

The point is you only need 5 blood moon, unless you can't get past the first 3 rooms you'll always make them back. So why waste time farming them?

SammaeltheDark
Apr 28, 2011, 05:16 PM
Well the point is Bloody Moon drops so frequently in Magashi Plan that you don't have to farm them at all. You'll almost always get 5+ from a full run, paying off the Bloody Moon cost of that run.

I echo Sekkanoki for where to farm Phantom Night. In fact, I've posted almost that exact same sentence before in another topic on magic stone hunting (and like a lot of topics on PSOW sure loves to pop up every 1-2 weeks or so.. <_<)

Heart Key is so prevalent I just run anything for fun and always seem to have enough for it. I don't really have a dedicated farming strat.

Irista is a sticking point for me. I run The Big Push when I need them, but it doesn't pay out as well as 4th System. I blame the lack of a Panon room equivalent... That and Big Push usually takes longer for me as well.

Merm
Apr 29, 2011, 05:34 AM
Phantomite: Fiery Onslaught when grinding type levels. 4th System C, as the above poster said.
Heart Key: Episode 1 Chapter 1, Normal or Hard is fine/Undersea Ruins. You should have a pretty big base of this though.
Irista: You should have a pretty big base of this too. Gemaga if needed.
Bloody Moon: You should have at least 5 from completing story mode. You'll never need more than 5 again since they drop like crazy in Magashi Plan too.