PDA

View Full Version : You have to reload now Rangers.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 08:46 PM
3 burst fire,full automatic. It seems so cool but...*dun dun duuuuhh* You have to reload. I can imagine you are close to killing an enemy but you have to reload and get hit. That would suck.I like this feature, helps rangers get in check without waiting for PP to charge*pretty lame*. Also, I wonder if you can shoot the rocks the enemies throw at you (highly doubt it).

eclipsXe
Apr 28, 2011, 09:02 PM
You have to reload =O, you should be able to melee people with your guns like a little knock back attack so you can reload, but it doesn't look like rangers reload slow at all so pretty much just dodge roll lol. I guess if they do implement PVP in the game Rangers can't full auto you to death without taking a pause.

Ishia
Apr 28, 2011, 09:03 PM
Hey I am being considerate. And I see no pointlessness in it. So get of my threads and go do something more reasonable like making a thread. Maybe you can tell people things they didn't notice.

I'm pretty sure we all noticed the Ranger reloading SUPER FAST in the teaser trailer, bucko.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:05 PM
I see what you are saying but this is just for the people that didn't see it or are not sure.

lostinseganet
Apr 28, 2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks for another pointless thread.
Reloading is important aspect in every shooter. It requires a player to be more aware of his/her surroundings.

Ishia
Apr 28, 2011, 09:10 PM
Reloading is important aspect in every shooter. It requires a player to be more aware of his/her surroundings.

That's true, but last I recall, PSO2 isn't a shooter.

eclipsXe
Apr 28, 2011, 09:11 PM
That's true, but last I recall, PSO2 isn't a shooter.

But it does now have a TPS style of gameplay

Ishia
Apr 28, 2011, 09:14 PM
Look guys, the reload speed appears to be extremely fast, there won't be any problems.

lostinseganet
Apr 28, 2011, 09:17 PM
That's true, but last I recall, PSO2 isn't a shooter.Yet it has people who do shoot. So those players will have to stay aware of the enemies in the environment. The developers can make opponents that will take advantage of people who carelessly shoot.

Reloading will make a player vulnerable a great opportunity for melee attacks.
In this game you can launch players, and jump which is great for fighters, Yet spinning in the air would be terrible for a person trying to aim.

eclipsXe
Apr 28, 2011, 09:19 PM
Look guys, the reload speed appears to be extremely fast, there won't be any problems.

What if the monsters attack as fast you could reload =O. Now that I think about it gameplay could change after the alpha, what if they make reloading slower, Rangers sound pretty fun all of sudden.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:20 PM
What if the monsters attack as fast you could reload =O. Now that I think about it gameplay could change after the alpha, what if they make reloading slower, Rangers sound pretty fun all of sudden.

E's got a point Ishia

Ishia
Apr 28, 2011, 09:22 PM
Enemies attacking at hyper speed? Sounds dumb.

So what if the reloading speed is slightly lowered? You are still moving about crazy fast, hopping around and all that doo-daa.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:22 PM
They throw rocks.

lostinseganet
Apr 28, 2011, 09:23 PM
Its all in the timing. What if your opponent anticipates your opening then focuses for that moment. It happens all the time...in fighters :)
Especially for say slow fighters. To compensate for their lack of speed they have to foresee opportunities to attack.

Ishia
Apr 28, 2011, 09:25 PM
PSO2 isn't a fighter. You're really bad with counter-arguments.

Blueblur
Apr 28, 2011, 09:25 PM
This can be discussed in any of the other threads. :P

NoiseHERO
Apr 28, 2011, 09:28 PM
Maybe it's so machine guns, and twin anything guns don't get replaced? I think that rifle is too fast.

Broken_L_button
Apr 28, 2011, 09:29 PM
The way I saw it in the trailer, reloading looked purely cosmetic; just like how PSO's characters had somewhat of a cool-down animation after performing most actions. Expect, here, to make the guns look more plausible, they reload at lightning speed instead of being immobile for a second and then returning to their default stance at varying speeds depending on the weapon/action used. Just a different cool-down animation with not much of an effect on the game's mechanics, really.

eclipsXe
Apr 28, 2011, 09:30 PM
Enemies attacking at hyper speed? Sounds dumb.

So what if the reloading speed is slightly lowered? You are still moving about crazy fast, hopping around and all that doo-daa.

Well what if it's lowered drastically, and even in PSO some monsters did have some fast enough attacks long range and close to knock you off guard. I'm pretty sure some monsters will be as fast as you or faster in this game. Remember walking into a room with a delsaber pouncing on you lol good times.

Ishia
Apr 28, 2011, 09:32 PM
What if? What if? What if?

Are you really going to throw every goddamn crazy speculation to prove a point?

I am talking about how the game is CURRENTLY. Not in Alpha, not in Beta, not in retail, but NOW.

eclipsXe
Apr 28, 2011, 09:34 PM

Yes! because this is an alpha test and anything can change, right now almost all these threads are what ifs

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:35 PM

I am talking about how the game is CURRENTLY. Not in Alpha, not in Beta, not in retail, but NOW.

...um...it's Alpha though. Plus may happen good to think ahead ya know

Ishia
Apr 28, 2011, 09:36 PM
I know a lot of them are "what ifs", but almost all of the "what ifs" sound so dumb.

lostinseganet
Apr 28, 2011, 09:36 PM
PSO2 isn't a fighter. You're really bad with counter-arguments.Heh it is not as complex as a fighting game but their are concepts from fighting games and shooting games that can be applied. Strategy from previous experiences can be applied to future events.

eclipsXe
Apr 28, 2011, 09:41 PM
even though they may be dumb it's possible right now. no reason to hate an idea because you think it's dumb, but hey I like to let my imagination go crazy sometime.

RemiusTA
Apr 28, 2011, 09:42 PM
The girl had a reloading animation in the trailer. There's a small difference.

Remember in PSO, where you had a 3 shot combo and then a pause? The reloading is now that pause. They just cleverly stuck it in there.

You never see her press a button, and she always reloads after 3 shots. It's the equilivent of her returning to regular position after swinging a sword or something.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 09:44 PM
Plus in the future when they show techs it could be their worst nightmare

Randomness
Apr 28, 2011, 09:44 PM
I'm pretty sure we all noticed the Ranger reloading SUPER FAST in the teaser trailer, bucko.

Pretty sure reloading in Tri takes longer, and those beasties are WAY nastier than anything we're going to see in PSO2. Not gonna be a problem.

lostinseganet
Apr 28, 2011, 09:45 PM
The most important thing is that the incredible amount of terrible posts are lowering the outstanding quality of mine. Stop that.
Just changing the tempo of attacks can throw someone off. How deep a strategy is varies from instance to instance, but having one can make a difference.

yoshiblue
Apr 28, 2011, 09:50 PM
Pretty sure reloading in Tri takes longer, and those beasties are WAY nastier than anything we're going to see in PSO2. Not gonna be a problem.

Glad I play monster hunter. Sure its another what if but... "what if" the reloading pause varies from gun type to gun type. It would make people think more about what to you at what times. Maybe...

Ezodagrom
Apr 28, 2011, 09:56 PM
...um...it's Alpha though. Plus may happen good to think ahead ya know
Nope, alpha only starts in the summer. Currently what we've seen so far is pre-alpha footage.

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 28, 2011, 10:04 PM
The girl had a reloading animation in the trailer. There's a small difference.

Remember in PSO, where you had a 3 shot combo and then a pause? The reloading is now that pause. They just cleverly stuck it in there.

You never see her press a button, and she always reloads after 3 shots. It's the equilivent of her returning to regular position after swinging a sword or something.

RemiusTA is right. Absolutely right. And personaly I'm loving that reloading animation. You know it feels more like a ranged class seeing the character reloading the weapon.

•Col•
Apr 28, 2011, 10:17 PM
I know a lot of them are "what ifs", but almost all of the "what ifs" sound so dumb.

^This. We were perfectly fine discussing these "what ifs" situations in the main threads without having 10 new threads popping up every day talking about hypothetical wants. -_-

Look at this post... http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?364711-FACT-about-PSO2...&p=6552216&viewfull=1#post6552216

I've seen several other posts on forums like this as well. Really, these threads are stupid. This entire thread could is literally just the title. "You have to reload now Rangers". The people who didn't notice it in the trailer obviously just werent paying attention enough, which means they probably don't care about this game enough right now and/or don't care about playing as a Ranger.

Anything else said in this thread on the subject of reloading is just theorizing bullcrap and personal opinions without any factual evidence.

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 10:19 PM
^This. We were perfectly fine discussing these "what ifs" situations in the main threads without having 10 new threads popping up every day talking about hypothetical wants. -_-

Look at this post... http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?364711-FACT-about-PSO2...&p=6552216&viewfull=1#post6552216

I've seen several other posts on forums like this as well. Really, these threads are stupid. This entire thread could is literally just the title. "You have to reload now Rangers". The people who didn't notice it in the trailer obviously just werent paying attention enough, which means they probably don't care about this game enough right now and/or don't care about playing as a Ranger.

Anything else said in this thread on the subject of reloading is just theorizing bullcrap and personal opinions without any factual evidence.

That hurts my eyes just to see that place

Lyric
Apr 28, 2011, 10:25 PM
This is true, Colaya, but there's no real way to keep a conversation locked into a main topic unless someone's going to enforce something. The way I look at it is it lets them have their conversation separate, be it meaningful or empty, without cluttering the threads where the main body of information is.

•Col•
Apr 28, 2011, 10:25 PM
That hurts my eyes just to see that place

Yeah, well I cringe whenever I see "Thread Starter: Ark22".

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 10:27 PM
Yeah, well I cringe whenever I see "Thread Starter: Ark22".

Atleast I try to make specific threads on specific things without it being a general thread. :-P

yoshiblue
Apr 28, 2011, 10:27 PM
The colors were meh.

•Col•
Apr 28, 2011, 10:29 PM
Atleast I try to make specific threads on specific things without it being a general thread. :-P

Yes this has been a very informative and fruitful thread. I applaud you and your topic choosing prowess.

yoshiblue
Apr 28, 2011, 10:29 PM
The purpose of forums is to discuses. By making these "pointless" threads, the purpose is achieved and we talk about the general topic.

•Col•
Apr 28, 2011, 10:31 PM
This is true, Colaya, but there's no real way to keep a conversation locked into a main topic unless someone's going to enforce something. The way I look at it is it lets them have their conversation separate, be it meaningful or empty, without cluttering the threads where the main body of information is.

That's just it though. Aside from the first post pointing out it exists.... What ELSE can seriously be discussed about reloading?

We know pretty much nothing about it, and it's just going to end up being a bunch of people talking about how they want it to work, which won't change anything about the actual game anyway.

Lyric
Apr 28, 2011, 10:42 PM
That's just it though. Aside from the first post pointing out it exists.... What ELSE can seriously be discussed about reloading?

We know pretty much nothing about it, and it's just going to end up being a bunch of people talking about how they want it to work, which won't change anything about the actual game anyway.

I totally hear you on that. I'm just saying that these posts are going to come up regardless. Would you rather see them cluttering a main thread that has useful information, or see it as a separate thread that you don't have to interact with? That way whomever wants to can speculate all they want without interfering with the other, main discussions.

•Col•
Apr 28, 2011, 10:46 PM
I totally hear you on that. I'm just saying that these posts are going to come up regardless. Would you rather see them cluttering a main thread that has useful information, or see it as a separate thread that you don't have to interact with? That way whomever wants to can speculate all they want without interfering with the other, main discussions.

What exactly would you say is "useful information" that has been posted in the video thread that you couldn't ascertain by watching the video yourself?

Ark22
Apr 28, 2011, 10:48 PM
Guys discuss this else where lol.

Lyric
Apr 28, 2011, 10:53 PM
Well, you got me on that one. I guess my point was hypothetical for any 'useful' threads that may come to be. I'd rather see them stick to the point as opposed to being derailed into speculation, or, something like this thread.

That being said, can you really expect people not to post threads when a video or some new announcement comes forth? There's no avoiding it really. All anyone can really do is ignore if it it doesn't pertain to you or your interests. Some people just really love speculating.

Edit: Hah, and see now we're cluttering the thread with a debate about whether the topic is warranted or not.

Skye-Fox713
The way I saw it in the trailer, reloading looked purely cosmetic; just like how PSO's characters had somewhat of a cool-down animation after performing most actions. Expect, here, to make the guns look more plausible, they reload at lightning speed instead of being immobile for a second and then returning to their default stance at varying speeds depending on the weapon/action used. Just a different cool-down animation with not much of an effect on the game's mechanics, really.

Indeed the reloading is purely cosmetic from what I've seen.

yoshiblue
-Reload times?
-Ability to reload while moving on some or all guns?
-Speed of movement when reloading?
-Potential benefits to reloading if any?
-Reloading while jumping?
-Potential additions of different ammo types or magazines/cells/clips?
-Awesome sauce styles of reloading?
-Throwing a mag at the enemy to make them back off?
-Mag grenades!?

Too lazy to think of more.

Itoshi
Apr 28, 2011, 10:57 PM
-Reload times?
-Ability to reload while moving on some or all guns?
-Speed of movement when reloading?
-Potential benefits to reloading if any?
-Reloading while jumping?
-Potential additions of different ammo types or magazines/cells/clips?
-Awesome sauce styles of reloading?
-Throwing a mag at the enemy to make them back off?
-Mag grenades!?

Too lazy to think of more.

Somehow when I think of Mag Grenades I think of POD parts from Custom Robo...

Malachite
Apr 28, 2011, 11:15 PM
How can people seriously be having a problem with reloading? In almost every PS game from the past ten years, there's a gap between how much you can shoot. Now they just put a reloading animation in it.

How is that somehow a problem? lol

RemiusTA
Apr 28, 2011, 11:52 PM
Im just glad the game gave Rangers a combo.

PSU's shooting got really annoying after a while.

Skye-Fox713
Apr 28, 2011, 11:58 PM
Not a problem at all, I very much welcome it. Very imersive for a ranger type. Though even it us just discussion and theorizing I think people are over anilizing and over thinking it.

It appears to be Nothing more than a cosmetic feature, nothing more nothing less. Now if we look back to pso we should all remember that highest button combo was 3 yes. Well between each 3 button combo there was a pause. Now what Sega has done with guns is that instead of a pause where you character returns to its neutral idle stance. It is instead animated and shown as reloading the gun.

Now if we look at the video at the ranger each button hit did several hits that could be anywhere from 5 to 10 hits (at aroun 7-10 dmg per a hit as it looked) per a button press or 'burst' so to speak. Well for sake of the discussion lets say it was 10 hits, so 3 ten burst hits makes that to 30 rounds per a magazine. So that's just an interesting way to look at it in terms of number of hits per a burst, multiplied by 3 to get the total magazine size for the weapon.

Makes me wonder how large the magazine's are for Mechguns and if they will come in a Twin and single options. Now if a single Mechgun is available will the character hold it with one hand or 2 handed military style? I hope for a 2 handed military style.

RemiusTA
Apr 29, 2011, 12:02 AM
It is completely cosmetic. At least so far. It could be there to give the weapon a "vulnerable" period.

It makes it easier to make weapons that do really cool things, but come with a drawback. The rifle reloading in the video seems to be for damage reasons, but with weapons where the character would shoot stationary AND reload stationary, it could give risk to using the weapon.

Kent
Apr 29, 2011, 12:44 AM
Reloading has been a pretty important part of shooters since it was implemented as a gameplay mechanic, really. I always pictured a logical evolution to gunplay in a game like PSO, on top of moving to a more third-person-shooter-style viewpoint and gameplay style, would be something more like weapons overheating or needing to recharge after being used too much.

Individual weapons having different energy/heat capacities, requirements to fire, passive cooling/recharging rate, etc., with the "reload" option being to rapidly vent heat or take in energy from the surrounding environment (exposing an auxillary solar charger or heat sink, for instance). It's something that would make sense in a game like that, and make ranged gameplay a bit more interesting than just getting spam-happy with your guns.

For all we know, it could be a feature that only has a basic animation implemented currently. Or it could be purely cosmetic, or simply a delay between firing X number of times for the current weapon.