PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Corrupt Data

PSZFann
Apr 28, 2011, 11:48 PM
Ok so i have been saving my data on my computer in case it goes corrupt so ill have a back up and i was just wondering, does it only go corrupt from online play? or does it just randomly do it...?

i guess what i really mean is How do files corrupt?:-?

blace
Apr 28, 2011, 11:55 PM
Files can corrupt during saves, such as the battery dies out in the middle of saving the data. Other ways data can be corrupt is how old the storage media is. In this case, hackers can corrupt the data on the memory stick and may cause you to quit out of the game.

Older forms of storage media has a built in battery, which over time will die out causing you to lose the data stored on there. No real ways to fix corrupt files and all methods I've looked at so far, are unsuccessful. So keep backing up those saves.

Crimson The FOmar
Apr 29, 2011, 07:18 AM
Other ways data can be corrupt is how old the storage media is.

Watch out for this, and make sure you get an OFFICIAL Sony or Sandisk memory stick, I bought a cheap brand and lost almost a year of gaming on some of my saves. Corrupt data starting to regualrly show up when you go to "view save data" in the psp home is a sign the save medium is failing ( *sniff* I miss R-Type Tactics...) ALWAY. REGULARLY. BACK. UP. YOUR. DATA.

In this case, hackers can corrupt the data on the memory stick and may cause you to quit out of the game.

Some people have said hackers can do something when you're playing with them that can corrupt your save and then the memory stick, but I think it's an urban myth.

One word though, If you go into save data and see a corrupt file under the PSP" save, chances are, if you've added it, thats the JP DLC and it just doesn't recognize it, I saw this, deleted it, and the JP DLC was gone from my game... unconfirmed 100% though.

Emp
Apr 29, 2011, 05:10 PM
Files can corrupt during saves, such as the battery dies out in the middle of saving the data. Other ways data can be corrupt is how old the storage media is. In this case, hackers can corrupt the data on the memory stick and may cause you to quit out of the game.

Older forms of storage media has a built in battery, which over time will die out causing you to lose the data stored on there. No real ways to fix corrupt files and all methods I've looked at so far, are unsuccessful. So keep backing up those saves.

Pro hackers wont waste their time hurting your save data. They'll track your IP address and try to put a virus on your psp which would cause your psp to, from what I've heard, to freeze. So what I say is: back up your save data then make your running on WEP.