PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 PSN has been down!

TheFantasticGarden
Apr 29, 2011, 06:37 PM
That psn has been down. How is everyone holding up?
Personally, i'm a little sad that i can't do any tactical missions, cause no one in my locale plays it, and since we can't get online... yeah.

Although i'm not complaining about the not being able to get on stuff, this whole problem really gives everyone extra free time.

Although, it would be unfotunate for those who have never been online and want to try it. Bad timing, no?

Anyway, point being is that-- Psn server being down has more ups than downs-- don't sit down on your butt all day and play psp2 or psp2i. That is all.

DeviFoxx
Apr 29, 2011, 06:52 PM
I haven't been complaining. If anything, other people I know have. Not a terribly big deal to me.

But one friend I know decided to use this whole opportunity to basically bash me, in a very "XBox Fanboy" kind of way, for owning a PS3 / PSP and to sing the praises of Microsoft Xbox and how it's basically my "fault for making a poor decision and from buying Sony"... completely forgetting the fact that I own a 360 as well and that I told her several times I don't care about the console wars, so I'm largely unaffected. But that's somewhat beside the point... anyway!

I've been using this time to catch up on my homework for my college classes. So this has been more of a blessing in disguise anyway. Even more so by the fact that Maximum Attack Infinity Event got delayed, and they're changing the reward items for the event now, which is awesome.

Only thing I'm concerned about at this point is for PSN to come back on so I can change my Password & Security Question. The rest of the stuff that got compromised already got sorted out, so I'm good there.

Emp
Apr 29, 2011, 06:55 PM
Im not complaining. This downtime has given me alot of ample time to catch up on anime like Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece. Also I've been taking advantage of it to go to local metal concerts.

TheFantasticGarden
Apr 29, 2011, 06:58 PM
Good job, but there are those who'd disagree. Either way, i've been able to watch some anime, work on my doujin, etc.

AND

I finally gotten around to stitching the Storyteller doll i was working on-- I'll post a picture sometime, it makes me cry tears of joy.

Artistry FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!

Fanboys/girls= annoying
Console wars= for the numbskulls who don't have anything to do.

I mean, who CARES? Xbox has mindless shooting games, Wii has kiddy games, And Ps3/psp has whatever. I'm neutral to all 3.

Sega genesis, anyone?

Emp
Apr 29, 2011, 07:01 PM
Good job, but there are those who'd disagree. Either way, i've been able to watch some anime, work on my doujin, etc.

AND

I finally gotten around to stitching the Storyteller doll i was working on-- I'll post a picture sometime, it makes me cry tears of joy.

Artistry FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!

OMG I really want to see your doll. I've been hunting Mine Defense S on and off lately but it gets boring when the constant thought "PSN is down" runs through my head.

TheFantasticGarden
Apr 29, 2011, 07:07 PM
OMG I really want to see your doll.

If you don't already know what she looks like, check my album on mah page and look at the girl with the headphones with antennae that's sporting a quill pen and a semi-short skirt. Oh, and the generic japanese bangs(lol)

baka_usagi
Apr 29, 2011, 07:12 PM
Been using this down time to catch up on some animes and mangas.

Ohooooo... a doll O_o

Fanboys/girls= annoying

I mean, who CARES? Xbox has mindless shooting games, Wii has kiddy games, And Ps3/psp has whatever. I'm neutral to all 3.

Sega genesis, anyone?
Genesis, the first console I loved <3

Wii don't just have kiddy games D:<

PurpleIsGood
Apr 29, 2011, 07:32 PM

Sega genesis, anyone?

Monster Hunter Tri.
Not a game for kids.

GreenThunder
Apr 29, 2011, 07:36 PM
I'm not really bothered myself, but running MAX IV alone is irritating because of how long it takes.

The only thing I'm really bothered by is the fact that I have a GO and can't download some of the things I wanted to. Was looking forward to finally touching base with the FFIV Complete Collection. But what can you do? Either way, I'm betting by Sunday that Sony will have finally touched down on something and will probably open a few services back up.

Reikoku na kuma
Apr 29, 2011, 07:52 PM
Fanboys/girls= annoying

Sega genesis, anyone?

Amen on ALL points there.

"En"
Apr 29, 2011, 10:20 PM
...I couldn't play Borderlands with my friends. That, and I haven't been able to upload my Time Attack scores on the undoubtedly hacker-filled leaderboards for Sonic 4. As of late, I've not been playing PSP2 too much, but I was going to do some runs of Lightning Beasts with a friend to help him find a Lumirus / Power. So much for that plan.

The worst this has affected me has been my sense of security, however. Even if there's no threat of things getting out of hand, I cancelled my cards, and intend to change my password once the network goes back up. Not being able to play games with friends has been the least of my concerns.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Apr 29, 2011, 11:00 PM
Took a break from PSP2, so when I get back to playing, it'll feel fresh.
Other than that, there's the Xbox Live Indie Game "FortressCraft", Uhhh, got a few Arcade games, which are fun, showing some iOS games some love. (Recently, Robot Wants Kitty)
Aaaaand writing. As for the Security issue with PSN, I'm pretty chill about it, tbh, I had an expired Credit Card, and I'm sure once PSN is back up, we'll all have to change our passwords anyways, so.

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2011, 02:11 AM
Xbox has mindless shooting games, Wii has kiddy games, And Ps3/psp has whatever.

Just thought I'd point out that all three of these statements are wrong. Well, I don't know about the PS3 one, since that one was kind of vague.

Anyway, yeah. I don't really play PSP2 online that much, as I have basically no one to play with, so the PSN being down hasn't affected me in any way.

Fhin
Apr 30, 2011, 05:02 AM
Was looking forward to finally touching base with the FFIV Complete Collection.

It's a nice collection. But it ended too fast. Already got through the stories. ^^;

..and since I really rarely play online via PSN, it doesn't bother me very much.
The only thing I want it back online is that I can exchange my FFIV Complete Collection-coupon for a new outfit for Dissidia 012 FF. >_<

Alucard V
Apr 30, 2011, 05:57 AM
I've been on the Gears of War beta. By the way it's awesome.

Fthawe
Apr 30, 2011, 08:00 AM
Hah!

There's a psp game that can still run multiplayer......Ratchet ane clank size matters! My first PSP game ;) I remember... it has its own server, not psn,(thats why connection sucks) and lots of people still play it. Lots of swearing too.

Crimson The FOmar
Apr 30, 2011, 08:42 AM
I've been hunting Mine Defense S on and off lately but it gets boring when the constant thought "PSN is down" runs through my head.

Looking for Massacre Bunker I assume :p Join the club my friend :p

Emp
Apr 30, 2011, 09:02 AM
Looking for Massacre Bunker I assume :p Join the club my friend :p

That and missouri m13. I could do Phantasmal Requiem S 4 Missouri but the PSN is down. I would prolly die if I solo PR in multi mode.

Whats your character name online?

Crimson The FOmar
Apr 30, 2011, 09:42 AM
That and missouri m13. I could do Phantasmal Requiem S 4 Missouri but the PSN is down. I would prolly die if I solo PR in multi mode.

Whats your character name online?

I play a female cast called "Catherine", always wearing Asuka's Plugsuit ^^

I'm up for whatever if we somehow meet up and you get my partner card, I need to meet more people in-game from here :)

Emp
Apr 30, 2011, 09:48 AM
I play a female cast called "Catherine", always wearing Asuka's Plugsuit ^^

I'm up for whatever if we somehow meet up and you get my partner card, I need to meet more people in-game from here :)

Ill prolly hosting for MAX 4 when the PSN is up again. I need my 50+ :dark: Lavis Arrow and melan knuckles.

Crazyleo
Apr 30, 2011, 10:04 AM
I've just bought FF IV complete myself and started playing that.

Other UMD games on the list.

Lunar: Silver Star
Ys: Ark of Napishtim.

And of course, downloading and watching anime.

Ame
Apr 30, 2011, 10:35 AM
That psn has been down. How is everyone holding up?
Personally, i'm a little sad that i can't do any tactical missions, cause no one in my locale plays it, and since we can't get online... yeah.

Although i'm not complaining about the not being able to get on stuff, this whole problem really gives everyone extra free time.

Although, it would be unfotunate for those who have never been online and want to try it. Bad timing, no?

Anyway, point being is that-- Psn server being down has more ups than downs-- don't sit down on your butt all day and play psp2 or psp2i. That is all.

i been on ftb2/mpo+/mpo original/psp2i/psp2 & lord of arcana.

Ark22
Apr 30, 2011, 10:51 AM
Will be up by Tuesday or a day leading up to it. Tuesday being THE DAY!

Emp
Apr 30, 2011, 10:55 AM
Update: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44132/Hirai-to-brief-press-on-PSN-breach

Hirai is going to brief us on the PSN breach.

Crimson The FOmar
Apr 30, 2011, 10:57 AM
Ill prolly hosting for MAX 4 when the PSN is up again. I need my 50+ :dark: Lavis Arrow and melan knuckles.

Haha, like I said, up for whatever, any MAX missions would be good, something a bit more "tactically demanding" than endlessly spamming White Beast S :p

Well, I've been using the opportunity to go out and socialize... And play Borderlands XD Don't know why I only really get into games ages after they're released..

Emp
Apr 30, 2011, 11:00 AM
Haha, like I said, up for whatever, any MAX missions would be good, something a bit more "tactically demanding" than endlessly spamming White Beast S :p

Well, I've been using the opportunity to go out and socialize... And play Borderlands XD Don't know why I only really get into games ages after they're released..

Look me up if you want to. My party name is usually just: Nightz

Mantiskilla
Apr 30, 2011, 11:05 AM
Yeah I haven't missed PSN all that much either. Been playing a little Tiger Woods 12 360 for the most part, but really its just been work for me lately as I've been traveling in/out of town for the last month or so (gotta love freq. flyer miles)

chaoelite
Apr 30, 2011, 11:18 AM
Will be up by Tuesday or a day leading up to it. Tuesday being THE DAY!

They said they will have some functions up by then you shouldn't give people false hope about full function of psn with online play since they still have yet to clarify which functions lol :)

Ark22
Apr 30, 2011, 11:31 AM
Lol I am saying they say it will be up. And when they say up they mean up! Because I am pretty sure the DCUO players are raging

Ami
Apr 30, 2011, 12:40 PM
With PSN going down during Holy Week/Easter weekend, I was mad busy with rl stuff to play even if PSN was up. I had been spending time afterwards catching up on sleep and doing projects that I've started working on months ago. But now I'm running out of things to do while waiting. I did play a little Infinity here and there. But I miss playing with friends :l

blace
Apr 30, 2011, 01:06 PM
Work dominates most of my life style so PSN doesn't really affect me, but I have got around to beating a couple of games I normally wouldn't really play with PSN still working. Read a couple of books I've been holding off, and attended some open house events for some possible college candidates.

Lots of fan wars between consoles for sure, though. At least my friends have the decency to not get wrapped up in it. Even the news articles regarding PSN have console wars raging on.

I've even looked at the PSN blog from my PS3 and it was announced that it may be up within a week (4/27-5/7). Either way I'm playing games I never really tried playing with PSPo2 and Patapon 3 taking up most of my time during online play.

chaoelite
Apr 30, 2011, 01:58 PM
Lol I am saying they say it will be up. And when they say up they mean up! Because I am pretty sure the DCUO players are raging

Ok this is from their official blog and i even Bolded the part you seem to be skipping

Q: When will the PlayStation Network and Qriocity be back online?
A: Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure.

Does not say everything will be back and for the DCU members they said this "We are also working on a “make good” plan for players of the PS3 versions of DC Universe Online and Free Realms. Details will be available soon on the individual game websites and forums.” I am not pleased with sony products due to all my ps3 issues so i am not defending as a fan boy i just hate to see spreading of incomplete truths.

Tweengo
Apr 30, 2011, 03:06 PM
Snide comment alert but to all you online players......welcome to my world muahahahah! I can't afford to play online let alone be bothered getting the resources to set it all up. As far as I'm concerened the increased reliance for online in games nowadays has ruined gaming. Lack of options.....inless you go online. Lack of decent multiplayer maps ect.....inless you go online. And there's an increase in the lack of split screen games that would obviously include the option if games weren't so over reliant with online stuff. All I can say is I sure am glad I don't have a PSP Go. I've played PSO GC and PSP 1 and 2 offline and I'm perfectly happy. At the end of the day I just want to play a game pure and simple.

DeviFoxx
Apr 30, 2011, 09:14 PM
Snide comment alert but to all you online players......welcome to my world muahahahah! I can't afford to play online let alone be bothered getting the resources to set it all up. As far as I'm concerened the increased reliance for online in games nowadays has ruined gaming. Lack of options.....unless you go online. Lack of decent multiplayer maps ect.....unless you go online. And there's an increase in the lack of split screen games that would obviously include the option if games weren't so over reliant with online stuff. All I can say is I sure am glad I don't have a PSP Go. I've played PSO GC and PSP 1 and 2 offline and I'm perfectly happy. At the end of the day I just want to play a game pure and simple.

(fixed)

That's fine and all. And true, that to some extent, that online-capable games have ruined games as they traditionally were--which is why the Nintendo Wii was designed to de-emphasize online play and emphasize local multiplayer (as in, people in the same room playing off the same television, as a social event). Believing that the internet as a whole socially segregates us in general and makes us more distant towards one another.

Just the same, people prefer to play online to at least some degree.

In PSP2 Infinity, I spend most of my time offline--but I like to play online sometimes for the sake of Missions, Collecting weapons, and gauging the Equipment that the community at large uses, and finding out where I stack up as a player against other people.

That, and collecting Support Characters from other people is always fun.

Ami
Apr 30, 2011, 10:54 PM
Snide comment alert but to all you online players......welcome to my world muahahahah! I can't afford to play online let alone be bothered getting the resources to set it all up. As far as I'm concerened the increased reliance for online in games nowadays has ruined gaming. Lack of options.....inless you go online. Lack of decent multiplayer maps ect.....inless you go online. And there's an increase in the lack of split screen games that would obviously include the option if games weren't so over reliant with online stuff. All I can say is I sure am glad I don't have a PSP Go. I've played PSO GC and PSP 1 and 2 offline and I'm perfectly happy. At the end of the day I just want to play a game pure and simple.
That's all fine and dandy and props to you and what not.

But for me, I like the social factor that online gaming brings. I met some of my best friends playing online. I'm not like one of those who thrive for the solo play. I mean sure it's fun.

And it's like hard to find someone to play who lives nearby. Like really hard .- .

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2011, 11:06 PM
I met some of my best friends playing online.

^I can vouch for this statement. All of the best people I've ever met in my life, I've met online. All of my (pretty much) best friends, I've never met in person. People need to give the social aspect of the internet more credit. Not everyone is a troll, flamebaiter, or idiot...

...just most. ^^

Getsuga
May 1, 2011, 01:13 AM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/30/press-release-some-playstation-network-and-qriocity-services-to-be-available-this-week/

...So we all get a free month of playstation plus and music unlimited, with as of yet undetermined additional things thrown in over the next couple weeks?

Damn, Sony...people sure underestimated your ability to kiss ass. :D.

RenzokukenZ
May 1, 2011, 01:41 AM
You would too if your future investments nearly came to a halting close due to an error on your part. 8-)

Angelic Fae
May 1, 2011, 05:07 AM
All of the best people I've ever met in my life, I've met online.

For once I agree with you Mr Olaf. People ive met online are alot more fun than the ppl i've met in life. When ppl are hidden behind anonymity they show their true colours. Peeps in real life just seem so...fake to me

Shadownami92
May 1, 2011, 05:39 AM
I don't know personally for me I still love playing in the same room as somebody over playing on the internet.

It's still a blast to go over to somebodies house or invite them over and play in the same room while eating a bunch of junk food and chatting.

That and I also play games a bit with my family so it's all fun.

Beat Portal 2 co-op with my brother this passed week, it's was tons of fun and somehow it's easier to solves puzzles when you can physically point stuff on the screen to sort of work on figuring out some of the puzzles.

Ami
May 1, 2011, 07:26 AM
Oh no one can deny that having people over to play is fun. How else can you beat the hell out of someone if they get underhanded . -.

I'm just saying that online play isn't as bad as sir/madam/tentacle monster Tweengo has made it

Also, SWEET HOLY MOTHER OF RAPTOR ZOMBIE JESUS. SONY, I love you

Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.
All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service.
Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.

From the blog. I knew we were getting compensated, but wow Sony, just wow @~@

RenzokukenZ
May 1, 2011, 07:48 AM
You were actually expecting less? :D

As for online playing, I honestly haven't done it much so I can't really talk about how exciting it is, although in the short time I've played PSP2 online I did enjoy actually finding others to play a game that I would otherwise be stuck playing alone.

But for the most part I go to my friend's house whenever we have ourselves a Halo night. Because it's fun to yell 'you suck noob!' at each other's faces rather than on a mic.

Reikoku na kuma
May 1, 2011, 09:27 AM
My only main concern is will I be able to access my JP account. PS blog says you gotta change PW on the PS3 you created your account on OR via valid email. I made my JP account on my PSP. As for the email....can't read japanesse >_>

ashley50
May 1, 2011, 09:37 AM
My only main concern is will I be able to access my JP account. PS blog says you gotta change PW on the PS3 you created your account on OR via valid email. I made my JP account on my PSP. As for the email....can't read japanesse >_>
well find a way to change it yourself, you don't want others to do it for you don't you?

Reikoku na kuma
May 1, 2011, 09:47 AM
LOL of course not but I'll figure it out since I gotta change PW's on 3 PSN accounts lol

NER0
May 1, 2011, 10:48 AM
The online community of this game sucks anyway so its not a major loss.;-)

raijz
May 1, 2011, 11:39 AM
I hear all PSN users get a free month of PS+, which isn't that useful after the month is up.

Ame
May 1, 2011, 11:42 AM
I hear all PSN users get a free month of PS+, which isn't that useful after the month is up.

i not complain over it...it makes up for what happened.

Ame
May 1, 2011, 11:43 AM
The online community of this game sucks anyway so its not a major loss.;-)

^
i agree w/NER0. :3

Getsuga
May 1, 2011, 12:26 PM

Unless they take back all the free/discounted games when its over...how so?

raijz
May 1, 2011, 12:31 PM
Unless they take back all the free/discounted games when its over...how so?

Once the month is up, you can't use any of that PS+ content (free not sure about discounted). Unless they changed that of course.

vagabondkitten
May 1, 2011, 12:50 PM
The only reason I ever play online is to play with my friend who loves across the country for me, though he rarely has time to play, and the same seems to go for me lately, so I hardly even notice honestly. I wish I wasn't so fricken busy though, cuz I really want to keep leveling my main and hunting rares>.<

Evila
May 1, 2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah, the downtime fell into a perfect time for me since I've been busy playing other PSP games and stuff. Nice to know PSN will be back up soon though, so that Infinity event can finally get rolling.

And yeah, PS+ is pretty much useless once it runs out. All you can keep after the subscription ends are any free themes and avatars you got with it. Oh, never mind, I was mistaken. You get to keep any discount purchases made with PS+. Free avatars, themes, and DLC stay too. It's just the free games that go away when it runs out. Welp, I'll keep my eye on what other free download content they'll be offering for their security snafu.

dmasden
May 1, 2011, 01:41 PM
Sony better start the 30 days after the store is up I would like to know why Sony isnt bringing back ps store you know psn + is worthless without the store Sony you are really messing things up I expect updated store when it's back up or I will join a lawsuit against sony and demand compensation in thousands of dollars per person Sony will get their act strait or else pay the consequences.

ashley50
May 1, 2011, 01:44 PM
ohhh scaaaary. ^

Reksanden
May 1, 2011, 02:12 PM
I just hope they get it back up.

K.O. Kazjivo
May 1, 2011, 02:57 PM
I wonder if they will fix it, or make a new system...

Emp
May 1, 2011, 03:02 PM
I wonder if they will fix it, or make a new system...

The PSN is already being fixed and will be up this week. As to a new system, we wont see a new Ps till maybe 2013. The new psp "NGP" is said to be released sometime this holiday season I think.

joshboyd1209
May 1, 2011, 11:11 PM
The new psp "NGP" is said to be released sometime this holiday season I think.Wonder how much that will cost my bet's on
$300+. Anyone else want to guess how much it will cost?

RenzokukenZ
May 1, 2011, 11:21 PM
The PSN is already being fixed and will be up this week. As to a new system, we wont see a new Ps till maybe 2013. The new psp "NGP" is said to be released sometime this holiday season I think.

I think KO meant if they make a new PSN system, as in rebuild it from the ground up since it would otherwise be easily hacked now that its been done before.

N.i.r.v.a.n.a.
May 2, 2011, 12:06 AM
Well, with it being down, its making me a tad more excited to try it online for the first time. I just got the game a few days ago, and I love it so much! But thats okay, I'll level up and progress through the story mode while the PSN is being tend to.

Totori
May 2, 2011, 01:06 AM
Expect to see the hackers also back on Portable as well.

zeital
May 2, 2011, 03:27 AM
Expect to see the hackers also back on Portable as well.

yea but hopfuly less i hope they get scared away by what sony is doing to fix the PSN *hopes*

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 08:51 AM
yea but hopfuly less i hope they get scared away by what sony is doing to fix the PSN *hopes*

I'm pretty sure you're going to see the same amount as before. Sony really can't do anything about people using cheating software if CFW still exists.

Yes it's cheating software not hacking, CWCheats works pretty much like a GameGenie, Gameshark, ect. just without the need of a physical add-on to store the codes. (as you can add/delete the codes at will)

Mike
May 2, 2011, 09:36 AM
The hope is that Sony cuts off the developer networks from the main PSN network to keep CFW users offline or at least out of OFW user's hair. CFW enablers seem to connect to the PSN via developer nets (at least some enablers do, I think) so if the developer networks get seperated, then it becomes harder to get online.

joshboyd1209
May 2, 2011, 10:21 AM
The hope is that Sony cuts off the developer networks from the main PSN network to keep CFW users offline or at least out of OFW user's hair. CFW enablers seem to connect to the PSN via developer nets (at least some enablers do, I think) so if the developer networks get seperated, then it becomes harder to get online.
That will work for a few weeks then they will get another new CFW version which fixes the problem and allows them to get online.

chaoelite
May 2, 2011, 11:22 AM
If they wanted to mess with them all they would have to do is force a ofw update at system start up so they would all be stuck with new ofw and add the new security on top of that and the devs may just say this is too much work let's wait for NGP lol.

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 11:40 AM
Unfortunately that is impossible considering the PSP would have to be connected to the internet at all times.

joshboyd1209
May 2, 2011, 12:29 PM
Actaully what they would have to do is simple when thew PSP boots up have it update to the latest OFW very simple and you can put it in the next OFW update/PSP gen.

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 03:56 PM
Actaully what they would have to do is simple when thew PSP boots up have it update to the latest OFW very simple and you can put it in the next OFW update/PSP gen.

They possibly could add that feature to the next OFW release, (highly doubt it, they would have done that a long time ago) but that still wont affect CFW users simply because they never update their firmware to the official one period. Thus rendering that feature useless.

It's a never ending war that Sony simply can't win with the PSP, the PSP2 (NGP) could be a different story, but we'll just have to wait and see how Sony handles the security on that handheld.

joshboyd1209
May 2, 2011, 04:00 PM
Something tells me hackers will be creating signed cheating programs for the NGP, because it will be completely unhackable.

Emp
May 2, 2011, 04:02 PM
Something tells me hackers will be creating signed cheating programs for the NGP, because it will be completely unhackable.

Do you have a source to verify what you just said?

EDIT: You can't say its not hackable cause the NGP hasnt been released yet.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 04:03 PM

Nothing is unhackable. Nothing.

joshboyd1209
May 2, 2011, 04:18 PM
Nothing is unhackable. Nothing.
Until you give the system an order to check for the latest OFW and download it upon start up and make so that it is impossible to overide that command by telling it to lock up if someone does try to or by making it check for it and until it was done checking the system wouldn't accept any other commands and any attempts to interfere with that command trigger a command to brick the system. Then every hacker would be stopped at least once or until they find out about the brick commands then you put the 2nd gen models on the market with a command to brick the system if someone messes with those commands and if you put a virus on the interenet that was undetectable and you could use to completely infect the web you could, because what I'm sugesting with this virus is that when it detects an NGP it autamatically gives an order that is unwritable to send it to the system update screen and have it update to the latest OFW. Unless it already has OFW of some sort.

Sha Sha
May 2, 2011, 04:46 PM
Monster Hunter Tri.
Not a game for kids.

this game makes me cry
-only been playing for an hour; wants to stab something-

I was taking a break from PSP2 for the last month since its the last couple weeks before finals and the one day i wanted to get online
-bam- this whole thing started and i was like DAMIT; that just makes me study for that history final better.
-tears of blood-

PurpleIsGood
May 2, 2011, 04:48 PM
this game makes me cry
-only been playing for an hour; wants to stab something-

Tears of joy?

GeoSword
May 2, 2011, 05:01 PM
Until you give the system an order to check for the latest OFW and download it upon start up and make so that it is impossible to overide that command by telling it to lock up if someone does try to or by making it check for it and until it was done checking the system wouldn't accept any other commands and any attempts to interfere with that command trigger a command to brick the system. Then every hacker would be stopped at least once or until they find out about the brick commands then you put the 2nd gen models on the market with a command to brick the system if someone messes with those commands and if you put a virus on the interenet that was undetectable and you could use to completely infect the web you could, because what I'm sugesting with this virus is that when it detects an NGP it autamatically gives an order that is unwritable to send it to the system update screen and have it update to the latest OFW. Unless it already has OFW of some sort.

WAT? I *tried* to read this but I can't understand at all. Too many run-ons.

joshboyd1209
May 2, 2011, 05:05 PM
WAT? I *tried* to read this but I can't understand at all. Too many run-ons.
Basically I'm just saying to put a bunch of commands in the basic program to prevent hacking or infect the entire internet with a virus that makes you go back to OFW if you go online with an NGP.

Sha Sha
May 2, 2011, 05:08 PM
Tears of joy?

More like tears of Pain
it maybe just be me and im so use to playing stuff like Fire Emblem and Muramasa that i'm not good at monster hunter. I actually just bought the game to make a friend happy and im trying to play it...I NEED PLOT... -gets distracted by shiny and a monster attacks me and i get killed- ahhh not again!

PurpleIsGood
May 2, 2011, 05:14 PM
More like tears of Pain
it maybe just be me and im so use to playing stuff like Fire Emblem and Muramasa that i'm not good at monster hunter. I actually just bought the game to make a friend happy and im trying to play it...I NEED PLOT... -gets distracted by shiny and a monster attacks me and i get killed- ahhh not again!

Well the Monster Hunter series is famous for its absence of plot, so you're out of luck there.

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 05:18 PM

Basically I'm just saying to put a bunch of commands in the basic program to prevent hacking or infect the entire internet with a virus that makes you go back to OFW if you go online with an NGP.

Errr... there's no way in hell they could do something of that sort.....

joshboyd1209
May 2, 2011, 05:31 PM
Errr... there's no way in hell they could do something of that sort.....
You mean there's no way you could with a couple of years of high school tech classes I could design the OFW orders that would do it. Unless you're talikng about the virus idea no one can do that yet, but it is possible with a few more years of development.

chaoelite
May 2, 2011, 05:52 PM

I have a feeling you have no idea what you are talking about. Also sony already has a check for latest ofw to use the store and of course they are able to spoof that and use the service unhindered. You would have to set in the system's boot sequence to check the ofw if you want to make it check at every start up. If Sony is gonna be smart they will make it like the go with an internal HDD that can't be removed or replaced and make it linked to the systems MB like they do with the ps3 blue ray card and MB. Also severe limitations for access to the kernal and HDD would also deter the modders more; tho i personally don't know how they would achieve that since they would have to literally work with every developer in making all the games.

joshboyd1209
May 2, 2011, 06:18 PM
I have a feeling you have no idea what you are talking about. Also sony already has a check for latest ofw to use the store and of course they are able to spoof that and use the service unhindered. You would have to set in the system's boot sequence to check the ofw if you want to make it check at every start up. If Sony is gonna be smart they will make it like the go with an internal HDD that can't be removed or replaced and make it linked to the systems MB like they do with the ps3 blue ray card and MB. Also severe limitations for access to the kernal and HDD would also deter the modders more; tho i personally don't know how they would achieve that since they would have to literally work with every developer in making all the games.
You lost me after a while there, but yes I want to in the boot sequwence have it check for the latest OFW which would in turn want you to install it(in fact I would go one step further and have the system automatically install it regardless of what you want ) thereby getting rid of all of the noob hackers bare minimum if not all of them.

Silver_Wyrm
May 2, 2011, 07:19 PM
You lost me after a while there, but yes I want to in the boot sequwence have it check for the latest OFW which would in turn want you to install it(in fact I would go one step further and have the system automatically install it regardless of what you want ) thereby getting rid of all of the noob hackers bare minimum if not all of them.

I'm no techie so I can't comment on how this is done but...

From my understanding, problem is all it takes is one clever hacker to make a program that all the noobs can use to bypass it.

joshboyd1209
May 2, 2011, 11:34 PM
I'm no techie so I can't comment on how this is done but...

From my understanding, problem is all it takes is one clever hacker to make a program that all the noobs can use to bypass it.
Yeah, but it is going to take months - to years to develop that Sony could have easily changed the encoding on the 2nd gen+ so that they would have to start all over. If you can keep them on their toes and keep changing the encoding you won't have any more hacker problems.

chaoelite
May 3, 2011, 01:36 AM

having it check firmware is about all they can legally do they can't force you to update the firmware they can give ya choice use psn service if you upgrade or you can't if you don't. It would be like Bill Gates coming into your home with the windows mafia telling you that you have to run the newest windows and you can't run linux unix or mac it's not legal. I think since this hurts the software companies the most they should insert a OFW check on boot up of their games that seems to be biggest problem for the hackers atm. And to get back on topic hurry with psn service the people of the forums are learning stuff lol :-P

GreenThunder
May 3, 2011, 01:47 AM
Really think people would be more than happy to wait though, especially considering what they plan on giving us once the service is back up. Have to say, Sony earned a lot of respect with me, because a lot of companies wouldn't do that for their customers.

With the above though, hopefully Sony decides to let that Little Wing license thing through, even if it doesn't solve the problem of hackers as a whole, it's still something.

Thinking about it, I don't think it would be hard for 'em to get some really talented people on the job to implement some sort of system that detects firmware that isn't something they have released. Sure, Sony can't force you to update, but ultimately they have the choice to decide whether or not to let people running custom firmwares use their online services. And when I say this, have it as part of a new step you have to go through before the sign in process, y'know, some kind of firmware verification thing.

chaoelite
May 3, 2011, 02:12 AM
problem with that is those are already in place yet the hackers found a way to fool the check into thinking its the correct firmware.

lazyknight
May 3, 2011, 02:38 AM
Well the Monster Hunter series is famous for its absence of plot, so you're out of luck there.

There's a bit if you read the mission/quest description. It goes like this.

"Some ugly ass monster named ogaboogawtfasaurus is running rampant in the swamp? uh desert? Okay it's not really bothering anyone considering how remote those areas are, but you know... Collect hair from its armpits and deliver it to the storage box, chest, thingamajig back at camp and collect some herb... you know what, just kill everything that moves before time runs out and make a sword made of snot you collected from the things you kill... they had it coming.

PS. That goddamn pig of yours has been taking a poop on my garden for months. I thought it was a watermelon and then I realize it has legs and a damn tail. Ima turn him to bacon if I ever catch that little poop factory."

t3hVeG
May 3, 2011, 08:07 AM
having it check firmware is about all they can legally do they can't force you to update the firmware they can give ya choice use psn service if you upgrade or you can't if you don't. It would be like Bill Gates coming into your home with the windows mafia telling you that you have to run the newest windows and you can't run linux unix or mac it's not legal. I think since this hurts the software companies the most they should insert a OFW check on boot up of their games that seems to be biggest problem for the hackers atm. And to get back on topic hurry with psn service the people of the forums are learning stuff lol :-P

Most newer games already have a OFW check on boot, but it's already been bypassed. (multiple times in fact)

chaoelite
May 3, 2011, 01:03 PM
hmm relooked it up since i woke up it seems i was thinking of the signed eboots method for use on ofw is the one with that issue. Maybe they should have something like the ds friend codes that is a unique key for between the game and the system would take them awhile to try and figure out each new key for everyone to use i would hope lol. Otherwise we are just gonna have to wait for em to get bored and say no more psp by that time they will be working on NGP lol.

Noblewine
May 4, 2011, 02:13 AM
I've been playing offline normally. I didn't realize it was hacked until someone told me while I was on msn a week ago.

dmasden
May 4, 2011, 12:53 PM
I have 25 PSP games downloaded from the ps store I can't play online or offline because I thought on April 21 that the network was back up and deleted my account to log in to my jp account to update psp2i now I can't play anything you guys that have games to play are dang lucky I want to play games now but because of Sony I can't I am very deporessed

chaoelite
May 4, 2011, 01:07 PM
I have 25 PSP games downloaded from the ps store I can't play online or offline because I thought on April 21 that the network was back up and deleted my account to log in to my jp account to update psp2i now I can't play anything you guys that have games to play are dang lucky I want to play games now but because of Sony I can't I am very deporessed

I feel your pain i can't access anything from games to dlc on my jp account either since psn went down. As long as you didn't deactivate your system you should be able to play the games for the region you had b4 psn went down i can't even deactivate mine unless i can get on psn.

dmasden
May 5, 2011, 11:26 AM
I feel like Sony doesnt care about any of it's customers if they do they haven't shown it all they have said is a bunch of bull

Angelic Fae
May 5, 2011, 12:27 PM
I feel like Sony doesnt care about any of it's customers if they do they haven't shown it all they have said is a bunch of bull

oh? im getting the exact opposite it seems theyre desperate not to lose customers what with the working round the clock to restore the PSN, giving out free content and the upgrading of their security systems and so on. It looks to me sony is afraid customers will lose confidence in them and are trying pretty hard to keep us from leaving them. to be fair though a mommoth company like sony should have a goverment strength security system in place. you gotta remember sony is losing a crap ton of money cause of this, it costs em millions every day the PSN is down.
I reckon ppl should stop bitching about them and cut em some slack. as for sony I reckon they should be less careless.

so how bout less of the sour grapes eh folks?

GreenThunder
May 5, 2011, 12:42 PM
^ Yet it will never stop, because people will continue to ask and say things like, "When will the PSN back up?", "Sony doesn't care about us" or "See! This is why Microsoft is better!"

I suppose people would rather play online then have the type of security that would prevent something like this from happening yet again. :/

johnwolf
May 5, 2011, 12:56 PM
i dissagree, i perfer my info safe and sound. i been playing Monster Hunter 3 latly waiting for PSN to come back. in fact i think i'll check to see if it is. anyway, Xbox live went down not to long ago and it to a few weeks to get back up. Xbox still has a strong following. just support Sony and everything will be fine. PSN all the way (and it's free unlike XBOX LIVE)

Rehks
May 5, 2011, 01:19 PM
^ Agreed, atleast PSN will have a welcome package thing for when it is back up. 30 Days of PSN Plus + Quiocity Services. Cant beat that right now.
Also if people are so desparate to play online. Get a XLINK Kai acount. Although its for CFW, its a temporary way to play online through AD-HOC. Its like AD-Hoc Party for PS3, but it doesnt use the PSN to connect. Just normal stable internet connection and a PC

Canard de Bain
May 5, 2011, 01:35 PM
This is why PC is the master race.

Akaimizu
May 5, 2011, 02:02 PM
Xbox Live never went down for a few weeks. That is just false talk. It had intermittent slow response, during one major overload of users, but never went down. Services were still operational.

While I don't think it has anything to relate in terms of PSNs issues, I wouldn't use just words to state something that can't be backed up.

Also, we are in a wait and see when it comes to the Free stuff. If it is just the PSN+ trial stuff, then that is not a free giveaway of anything since any and all free stuff is taken away after the trial ends. If left to just that, it'll be likely seen as just some sort of marketing thing to get more people to pay for PSN+ and not any kind of compensation. However, I'm optimistic that perhaps they really will come up with actual free stuff outside of what is announced so far.

It's not the denial of service that's the real issue. Identity theft is the only real issue here. (Well, that and PSN+ and DCUO players for which I'm one.)

For me. I've been playing stuff on other machines and such waiting for PSN to come back so I can update my information immediately. Wasn't sure about playing Yakuza 3/4 though. If I play the thing and do stuff for which I should get trophies for, would they sync up when PSN comes back online? My unsure aspect of that is the only reason I've slowed on those games.

chaoelite
May 5, 2011, 02:58 PM
after reading their response to the government their statement working around the clock makes me laugh they say in their report working entirety of business day. when they say around the clock that makes me think all hours lol but that would be slave labor and would be wrong.

Akaimizu
May 5, 2011, 03:02 PM
Well, true. But since there are groups and other agencies at work here, I think there's some truth to it. The work was a pass-the-baton kind of effort, as it usually is.

chaoelite
May 5, 2011, 03:43 PM
Well, true. But since there are groups and other agencies at work here, I think there's some truth to it. The work was a pass-the-baton kind of effort, as it usually is.

I imagine after the attacks with the forensics group was true but now that they mirrored all their servers they went back to their normal working hours because heaven forbid a paid company or even sony has to put in overtime like the rest of the world for extended periods of time lol. I have been in that overtime situation many of times so i do have a right to joke about it :)

Shugo17
May 5, 2011, 03:46 PM
Wasn't sure about playing Yakuza 3/4 though. If I play the thing and do stuff for which I should get trophies for, would they sync up when PSN comes back online? My unsure aspect of that is the only reason I've slowed on those games.

According to the Play Station Blog, when the PSN finally comes back online, any trophies you've obtained since it went down will sync up and show on the leaderboards/ whatever the PS3 uses for ranking.

dmasden
May 7, 2011, 07:11 AM
They are still giving us a bs post there is no way it will come out before E3

Milla
May 7, 2011, 10:10 AM
http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2011/5/3/13/enhanced-buzz-4333-1304444504-5.jpg

PSN might still be down but this made me giggle. >.> *giggles again*

Anon_Fire
May 7, 2011, 12:59 PM
and I may have figured out why it's down.

dmasden
May 8, 2011, 07:19 PM
If psn isn't up by E3 then I would hope everybody wouldget up and walk out in the midle of jacks speech in protest

Getsuga
May 8, 2011, 08:33 PM
http://m.cnet.com/Article.rbml?nid=20060227&cid=null&bcid=&bid=-260

http://technorati.com/technology/article/playstation-network-breach-worsens-hackers-post/

Bottom Article: A ton of that personal info hackers got was put on Sony's website, the first step toward their claim that they're going to hack that as well. Well ain't that about a b-

Top article: There's speculation that more attacks on the PSN may be launched when it gets back up.

This has dragged on alot longer than I expected...

lazyknight
May 9, 2011, 06:47 AM
More bad news. It looks like PSN won't be back anytime soon :(

http://kotaku.com/#!5799891/the-psn-may-not-be-100-back-until-may-31

Reikoku na kuma
May 9, 2011, 07:58 AM
More bad news. It looks like PSN won't be back anytime soon :(

http://kotaku.com/#!5799891/the-psn-may-not-be-100-back-until-may-31

I'm really not gonna belive what some other source says. Thoses are the same sources who always claim "Oh, I got the inside info....sucn n such says PSN will be back -Insert false date here-"...and it don't happen. So right now, its w/e.

d19xx
May 9, 2011, 08:24 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1424&pictureid=20875

Indeed...

Anon_Fire
May 9, 2011, 09:04 AM
I may have figured out why PSN was breached, not because of our stolen personal info, but something else.

kirtblue
May 9, 2011, 09:47 AM
@anon_fire k ill bite what is it that you know?

Anon_Fire
May 9, 2011, 10:18 AM
@anon_fire k ill bite what is it that you know?

Perhaps the whole Sony vs. Geohot fiasco and PSN being brought down had something to do with attempts to..... bring... back... OtherOS to the PS3.

Canard de Bain
May 9, 2011, 11:43 AM
Perhaps the whole Sony vs. Geohot fiasco and PSN being brought down had something to do with attempts to..... bring... back... OtherOS to the PS3.

.... that is nothing new, you are slow.

dmasden
May 11, 2011, 04:02 PM
I see there is nothing new about psn I wander Sony has never clarified wheather psn is actually coming back or not No definite from sony

Emp
May 11, 2011, 05:09 PM
I see there is nothing new about psn I wander Sony has never clarified wheather psn is actually coming back or not No definite from sony

They have explicity said that the PSN will be back up by May 31st.

I doubt it will be down long after the 31st cause if it is, then Sony will be really hurting come E3 this June. Sony cant afford to plummet anymore considering that they are about to showcase the products that will bring in the rest of the 2011 profits.

EDIT: And Sony doesn't have to update the public if they dont want to.

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 06:59 PM
If you use your PSP and go to the PSN store you will get a maintnence notice instead of an error message now. So we know that the PSN database is rebuilt we're just waiting for it to come back on now. Which in other words means we're waiting for Sony to update security and do some other crap and then we can get back online.

dmasden
May 12, 2011, 08:42 PM
PS community forums are down now says they will return soon psn may be back tomorrow let's hope it's currently being tested by developers now just letting everyone know

dmasden
May 13, 2011, 10:18 AM
I guess it was a false alarm forums are back up but no psn as usual this shows Sony doesn't care about anything other than money and themselves

dmasden
May 13, 2011, 07:14 PM
Everyone has got to realize psn is never coming back

Kurosu
May 13, 2011, 07:26 PM
How did you deduce that?

Neo Flint
May 13, 2011, 07:43 PM
dmasden, do you really miss PSN THAT much?

Ami
May 13, 2011, 08:03 PM
I just want to say STFU in full SO SO MUCH...but I don't want an infraction <o<

ANYWAY, seriously are you that bored dear sir/madam/tentacle monster? There are plenty of things you can do in the meanwhile. Play other stuff, finish up projects that you're probably procrastinating out the butt, go outside, take up knitting, read a book. I could go on. But yeah, whining and bitching about PSN isn't gonna make it come up any faster. So you can do like the rest of us and just wait.

It isn't much but it's something. Though I wouldn't be OMG optimistic (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/10/psn-restoration-timeline-update/)

Sarcasm really wants to come out in full force D: *goes back to drawing stuff*

DeviFoxx
May 13, 2011, 08:29 PM
Really, dmasden, it isn't healthy to obsessively dwell over something like this.

It isn't like PSN dominates all of our lives (at least I'd certainly hope not).

Like Ami said, if you're that bored, just find something else to do. Take advantage of the downtime to get caught up on work, or something.

PurpleIsGood
May 13, 2011, 08:49 PM
I just want to say STFU in full SO SO MUCH...but I don't want an infraction <o<

ANYWAY, seriously are you that bored dear sir/madam/tentacle monster? There are plenty of things you can do in the meanwhile. Play other stuff, finish up projects that you're probably procrastinating out the butt, go outside, take up knitting, read a book. I could go on. But yeah, whining and bitching about PSN isn't gonna make it come up any faster. So you can do like the rest of us and just wait.

It isn't much but it's something. Though I wouldn't be OMG optimistic (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/10/psn-restoration-timeline-update/)

Sarcasm really wants to come out in full force D: *goes back to drawing stuff*

Yay! Knitting!

I do that in my downtime! But yea this is a good time to get something other then games done. Well, all the time is, really.

kirtblue
May 13, 2011, 10:17 PM

thanx ami i wish it was more of an exact date and this isnt the first time ive seen just a few more days but ill take it and cross my fingers

RenzokukenZ
May 13, 2011, 10:37 PM
It's actually better to not post an exact date. Many raged when Sony announced PSN to be back in service last week and it wasn't. So it's best for them to say nothing of the sort until they are 100% satisfied with their new security or whatnot.

And yes, the world won't end because PSN isn't back up, so just shut yer yap and finishing opening up that Xbox to calm that online gaming fix.

Or do what Ami said. That actually sounds healthier :-D

Milla
May 13, 2011, 11:24 PM
*Yawn* I dunno why i woke up at 5:am on a Saturday >.<. Anyway i keep hearing May 31st being the date it comes back not sure how true this is but PSN wont be back up anytime soon i guess.

Meh i don't really mind the only game i played online was PSP2 anyway. Also Square-Enix got hacked too, wonder who could be next.

Rashiid
May 14, 2011, 09:21 AM
It'll be amusing if it's not back up by E3, lol.

DeviFoxx
May 14, 2011, 08:25 PM
PSN "might" go live tonight. Currently, you can now sign in to PSN with your PS3. Doing so will prompt you to update to Firmware 3.61 and to change your password. Might want to do so A.S.A.P.

Just a "head's up", everyone.

Emp
May 14, 2011, 08:28 PM
PSN "might" go live tonight. Currently, you can now sign in to PSN with your PS3. Doing so will prompt you to update to Firmware 3.61 and to change your password. Might want to do so A.S.A.P.

Just a "head's up", everyone.

I've heard rumors that ppl aren't able to change theirs passwords after logging in.

DeviFoxx
May 14, 2011, 08:30 PM
I've heard rumors that ppl aren't able to change theirs passwords after logging.

Well, currently I'm at 19% in downloading the update. I'll confirm it soon enough.

Ark22
May 14, 2011, 08:31 PM
You have to change it once it's up. I would know I updated it about 2 hours ago

Jonias86
May 14, 2011, 09:04 PM
Update has been released and more than likely it'll be up and running in a bout a few days

redroses
May 15, 2011, 12:18 PM
When PSN goes up in japan, how does one change their password on the psp AND with an e-mail address that doesn't exist DX?

joshboyd1209
May 15, 2011, 12:47 PM
When PSN goes up in japan, how does one change their password on the psp AND with an e-mail address that doesn't exist DX?
You don't.

Kamineko99
May 15, 2011, 11:42 PM
is PSN now working? im from mexico and read about it... i access on my account on sony's website as always and i asked for the email for resetting my pass but still not arrived...

can somebody help me with this? after i change password... i need to update firmware on my psp again? and anything else? i have buyed psp2 umd now (no more using my other cfw psp) and want help to "register" my "little wing" code, can somebody help? contact me by msn please (here firest by pm)

if somebody remembers me on the game... ive got some characters:

Xena MK-XI , Sherezade Rumina, and Kenji Shirow ... ah also Shou Amabane (those 2 characters are the ones i almost never used, so i played most with the first two)... i would be glad to again see my old pals, and hope my contact list on game to work again... or do somebody knows if that will be deleted from 0 again by sega?

GUARDIANDNL
May 15, 2011, 11:46 PM
damm!!!...like i´m not on the US i can´t change my password after receiving the email to change the password....it says that PSN is not available on my country...the hell i made it as an US account crap

blace
May 16, 2011, 12:37 AM
Apparently, the servers were shut down yet again, due to influx of people logging in and changing their passwords. It has been back up as of 12 am CST.

Jorry
May 16, 2011, 08:25 AM
Apparently, the servers were shut down yet again, due to influx of people logging in and changing their passwords. It has been back up as of 12 am CST.

Oh, so that's what happened last night! Good thing I bought PSU yesterday. I keep trying to block and dodge roll! FAIL!