PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Used copy at gamestop

BlackGlovedJerk
May 1, 2011, 10:28 PM
This could be a dumb question but my local gamestop doesn't have a new copy though it does have a used copy. I noticed that it does still have the code in the box to get online, ut if it has been activated already will it be possible for me to use the same code again?

Broken_L_button
May 1, 2011, 10:32 PM
The code won't be usable, most likely. BUT! Sony didn't implement the function to block online access to anyone without a Little Wing License, so it was useless from the beginning anyways. So, when PSN goes back up, you'll be able to play online with a used copy...Until Sony implements the patch for the Little Wing License to work. Which will, of course, happen when a green moon rises upon the night sky, surrounded by flying pigs and toothy chicken.

kirtblue
May 1, 2011, 10:50 PM
well id say its a gamble i looked at mine here is what the insert reads
"once the voucher code has been entered correctly click continue
when you play the game you will now be able to enter online multiplayer mode
PLEASE NOTE YOU CAN ONLY REDEEM EACH CODE ONCE"
sorry to be the bearer of bad news
try gamestops website or amazon for a new copy

N.i.r.v.a.n.a.
May 2, 2011, 12:02 AM
No, you cant use the code again if its already been activated. Best bet here is to buy a brand new sealed copy with a nice, spanking new code to play online and not worry about if the code has already been used. Good luck! :-)

Crazyleo
May 2, 2011, 01:25 PM
Or the ideal solution (if you have a large enough memory stick) is to download it directly from the PSN (once it gets back up)

VorpalLord
May 3, 2011, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't buy the used if you want to play online. Amazon sells new copies for $28, with free shipping.

Illuminate
May 3, 2011, 02:04 PM
Imagine if PSN was down forever, because Sony sucks. :3

Akaimizu
May 3, 2011, 02:34 PM
That's the beauty of the Portable Phantasy Star games. They don't rely on a server at all.

Illuminate
May 3, 2011, 03:03 PM
Internet Multimode still works without PSN?

Akaimizu
May 3, 2011, 03:15 PM
Not Internet Multimode. But Adhoc. Though I don't know if there's anybody using Xlink Kai or something similar for the Adhoc on PSP2. If you're stuck with only PSN as a way to do any multiplayer (no local friends or Xlink Kai), you can still access the Multiplayer-only missions by being a host.

But yeah. The regular Internet Multimode is not possible without PSN, but unlike other active Phantasy Star online-playable games, you aren't hosed from content if you have no network connection at all.

Illuminate
May 3, 2011, 03:18 PM
Meh, personally I think every multimode mission should be on single mode ._. stupid Sega. I hate multi-mode, it works so bad, and for no reason at all.

Also, is there any way to get the downloadable missions and such while the PSN is offline? Like, does SEGA have a URL like they used to?

Akaimizu
May 3, 2011, 03:22 PM
Well, at least you can play those missions alone. Yeah, they aren't in Single player, and in general it's because they were meant and attuned for multiple players; but I do applaud them for allowing a single-player to take their same character, launch adhoc multiplayer, and be able to play everything there.

Of course, the main bad part is the threat of accidentally hitting the switch which shuts down Wi-fi, on the PSP, in the middle of your multiplayer session. It's more of a (placement) issue on the PSPs, though.