PDA

View Full Version : How many characters will we have?

SStrikerR
May 2, 2011, 01:46 AM
Sorry if this has already been covered, but I haven't seen a topic and this just crossed my mind so..

How many character slots do you think we will have per account?
Past history says 4, but on a purely PC game there's always a chance that more could be available. I think it would be nice if we got a few more slots, because it gets tough trying to select what you want to stay with.

What do you think?

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 01:50 AM
I hope we get more than 4...

>_>

But right now that's impossible to know.

moorebounce
May 2, 2011, 01:54 AM
All the versions I played gave you 4 slots except PSOPC. I do believe PSOPC gave you 99 slots. IMO 99 slots is way too much but I'm hoping they give us at least 10-12 slots. That way we can cover most of if not all of the races and classes. Thats if they don't include the beast race in PSO2.

Dongra
May 2, 2011, 02:01 AM
Probably going to be four again. I wouldn't mind an option to pay for more slots instead of having to go through the trouble of multiple accounts.

Mike
May 2, 2011, 02:08 AM
At least one for each class of character.

Tetsaru
May 2, 2011, 02:22 AM
I think 4 would be plenty, but it would depend on how many races and jobs there are, and whether or not you can change jobs. Ideally, I'd like to at least have one for each race, but we don't know if Beasts or Dumans are making it in yet, or even if they're adding any new races.

Of course, Sega might go the route of "you can have as many as you want, but we'll charge you more per month" like some games do...

Allison_W
May 2, 2011, 07:54 PM
Eight please. :| If not more.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 08:07 PM
I'd say 8 would be plenty. 4 does seem really limiting. I can't see myself using more than 8 and I switch between characters and change my mood with them quite a bit.

It does depend on how many races we get though. if we get 3 races I might be able to get by with 4. especially if we can change classes.

But I'd say 8 is the magic number for me based past experience.

There's no way of knowing what sega will give us til they give it to us though

BizznessOnly
May 2, 2011, 08:09 PM
I always use one. My laziness makes me level up slow, so I'm usually stuck leveling him up.

r00tabaga
May 2, 2011, 08:10 PM
8 like PSPo2, so that me & my kids can all play.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 08:31 PM
I don't mind having 99 character slots.

You can never have to many Dress up/Joke characters/Pack Mules

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 08:58 PM
what if they do like PSP2 and don't have character specific storage though? then they wouldn't be pack mules they'd be clutter for your item box and a fast way to lose items/forget where you put something.

Randomness
May 2, 2011, 09:00 PM
If we can freely change classes, then I want races * 2 slots.
Otherwise, I want classes*races*2.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 09:06 PM
what if they do like PSP2 and don't have character specific storage though? then they wouldn't be pack mules they'd be clutter for your item box and a fast way to lose items/forget where you put something.

Then I would take mules off the list of things I'd use em for? O_o

You don't know how fun it is...making joke characters in PSU to mess with people. D:

Or just remaking your OCs just for looks.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 09:53 PM
I had 6 memory cards for my GCN just to make more characters for PSO...I'm well aware of how much fun it is.

Crystal_Shard
May 2, 2011, 10:36 PM
@NIloklives: 3 memory cards in this corner.

*raises hand for 99 character slots as well* Man, the things I could do with 99 character slots... There can be no such thing as too many character slots.

If they keep the minimum to 8 at least, either with the option to add more with a one time payment, I think that should sufficient to meet most people's wants.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 10:39 PM
I also had 12 VMUs for my DC...yeah I was obsessed.

Blueblur
May 2, 2011, 11:01 PM
As many as possible! But at the very least, more than 4. *crosses fingers*

RenzokukenZ
May 2, 2011, 11:07 PM
As many as my harddrive can hold.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 11:19 PM
I think it's safe to say the characters will be saved server side.

Draggoon
May 8, 2011, 11:09 AM
I'm going to use three. Foney, Huney and a RAmarl.

pionear
May 10, 2011, 03:21 PM
Either 4 to 8 character slots...I sure hope they don't go the Final Fantasy 14 route...WTF.

jayster
May 10, 2011, 04:22 PM
I guess it depends on what type of class system they implement for PSO2. You didn't need more than 4 character slots on PSU because you could have one of each race and easily switch to any class whenever you wanted with no penalty.

Although, I still wouldn't mind having a slot or 2 extra to create silly/fun characters.

yoshiblue
May 10, 2011, 04:37 PM
The Psp games had 8 or more i think

Niloklives
May 10, 2011, 04:41 PM
yeah but that's all to do with your memory card. since they'll undoubtedly be hosting our characters, it may be less.

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 10:46 AM
yeah but that's all to do with your memory card. since they'll undoubtedly be hosting our characters, it may be less.
Well you never know if they will be hosting your characters I'm pretty sure that in PSO1 they didn't. If it's completely online then yes they will host your characters just like they did in Blue Burst. So if they don't host them we can expect any number even 100 isn't out of the realm of possibility(, because they gave you that many in PSO1 ).

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2011, 11:01 AM
didn't JP get updated to 8?

I'd be fine with that...

Even 5 would be better than just...4 D:

Kenbog
May 11, 2011, 12:44 PM
uhm lets see Dustina, Tivona, Ken, Sol, Lunastra, Megis, Haldane....

I need atleast 7 ^^;
I just hope there is enough customizations that every character has an unique play-style and appearances... PSU had that pretty much but PSO didn't...

Niloklives
May 11, 2011, 12:57 PM
Well you never know if they will be hosting your characters I'm pretty sure that in PSO1 they didn't. If it's completely online then yes they will host your characters just like they did in Blue Burst. So if they don't host them we can expect any number even 100 isn't out of the realm of possibility(, because they gave you that many in PSO1 ).

First off that was a long time ago. PSOBB and PSU both hosted our characters. the only reason psp2 and psp were done the way they were is because the PSP's online service requires you have wifi available or at least a PS3 or someone else who has the game for multi play. seeing as that restricts your options, online play may not be available to you where as PSO2's main attraction will be the online play and you have no excuse - it's a freaking computer. I would be very surprised if they didn't host our characters as it also cuts down on hacking and save modding.

didn't JP get updated to 8?

I'd be fine with that...

Even 5 would be better than just...4 D:

The reason JP got 8 was because the game was so popular they ended up having to have a second set of servers and gave people an additional 4 characters that were completely separate from the first 4. when AoI came out the consolidated the two "worlds" and therefore had to give people access to all 8 of their characters. So yes there was an upgrade but it wasn't really on a whim or even by demand. they kind backed themselves into it.

MadDogg
May 11, 2011, 02:08 PM
I'm hoping its 12 like good ol' phantasy star online episode 1 and 2 xbox version. They gave you enough slots to have 1 of every combination.