PDA

View Full Version : What system will you play PSO2 on?

norrisj15
May 2, 2011, 09:26 AM
This is all theoretical but lets say that the game was to be released on all 3 major platforms. What would you play it on?

PC
Xbox360
PS3

Just interested to see the results.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 09:30 AM
Most likely 360 unless I upgrade my graphics card on my PC.

PSO2 on the wii would be nice. Not hate, just saying.

Ezodagrom
May 2, 2011, 10:47 AM
PSO2 on the wii would be nice. Not hate, just saying.
No it wouldn't be nice, since the Wii has a really limited storage, having PSO2 on the Wii would mean that there would be no major patches or real updates, we could end up in the same situation as PSU, with SEGA slowly unlocking content that is already in the disc. ._.

Anyway, on topic, I'm going with PC (well, it's possible that it might not even be released for any of the consoles).

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 10:52 AM
I was thinking about the upcoming Wii 2 with high hopes though. But your right. Unless they give people to memory cards like they did with games like animal crossing and the like.

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 10:52 AM
If it comes out for ps3, ps3, if it doesn't, PC.

r00tabaga
May 2, 2011, 10:57 AM
I'm fine with PC. I'm skeptical about PS3's on-line capabilities now! That woulda been my choice. I really think that this will stay a PC only game.

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 10:58 AM
I'm fine with PC. I'm skeptical about PS3's on-line capabilities now! That woulda been my choice. I really think that this will stay a PC only game.

While trying not to get into an arguement. I assume this is due to the whole PSN fiasco? Which is understandable why you are skeptical.

IceGreg
May 2, 2011, 12:33 PM
Xbox 360 if Sega bring the game on it.

PC, if the game does not come to 360.

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 12:37 PM
While trying not to get into an arguement. I assume this is due to the whole PSN fiasco? Which is understandable why you are skeptical.

I haven't been following it that much, but last I heard they had to do some restructuring of it or something...

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 01:33 PM
I haven't been following it that much, but last I heard they had to do some restructuring of it or something...

Yeah, it will be up this week, I hope today. Me wishes to play Socom 4 multi and BLOPS zombies multi. >:(

cApNhOwDy
May 2, 2011, 01:36 PM
PC ONRY.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm47/GuruSY/PC_Gaming_Master_Race.jpg

Korten12
May 2, 2011, 01:44 PM
PC ONRY.

Its ironic, since Yathzee said on a podcast that he is basicaly console only.

Vashyron
May 2, 2011, 01:48 PM
PC of course, I only use consoles for something not available on PC.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 02:16 PM
I would say the same but my PC isn't that great lol.

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 02:22 PM
PC ONRY.

Except for fighting games.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 02:37 PM
What about mugen?

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 02:42 PM
What about mugen?

I guess you could say that but I was mostly aiming at larger scale retail games.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 02:45 PM
Then with that your are right.

Vashyron
May 2, 2011, 02:54 PM
Not like you can't link a Arcade stick to a PC or anything.... wait....

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 02:57 PM
Well if we add the arcades, they would always win! Woooo!

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 03:11 PM
PC of course, though if it is released later on the PS3 I will probably play that version as well. (could care less about a 360 release)

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 03:14 PM
Ps3 is the only system I don't own lol. Im not made of money either.

blace
May 2, 2011, 03:18 PM
PS3, if that is announced, but PC works for me too, it's not as graphics intensive as some games and I'm glad I don't need to get a completely new graphics card to play it.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 03:38 PM
Wasn't PC the best with both of the past PS games? o_o

Sinue_v2
May 2, 2011, 03:40 PM
Well, considering I have;

PSO v.1 (Dreamcast), PSO v.2 (Dreamcast), PSO Ep I & II (GameCube), PSO Ep I & II (Xbox), PSO Ep III (GameCube), PSO Blue Burst (PC), PSU (PS2), PSU (PC w/AoTI), PSU (X360 w/ AoTI), PSZero (DS), and am on the verge of deciding whether or not I should go out tonight or tomorrow and buy a PSP with PSP & PSP2...

Which platform would I play PSO2 on?

Probably, All of them.

t3hVeG
May 2, 2011, 03:59 PM
Wasn't PC the best with both of the past PS games? o_o

Yes. Though you will still have some argue that the Dreamcast version of PSO was the best, but that's just their nostalgia talking. :p

Malachite
May 2, 2011, 04:21 PM
I was thinking about the upcoming Wii 2 with high hopes though. But your right. Unless they give people to memory cards like they did with games like animal crossing and the like.

It's not a "Wii 2", lol. Right now it's called Project Cafe, and the fact that they did away with motion controls probably means it's not gonna be named anything after the Wii.

OH THE TOPIC.

Yeah, PC.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 04:36 PM
^I called it the Wii two because i don't know much about it. Should have called it the N64 Advanced!

bns1991
May 2, 2011, 04:55 PM
Nintendo is supposed to be unveiling some new hardware. Since I played on gamecube, I would more than likely play on the nintendo system.

Malachite
May 2, 2011, 05:01 PM
^I called it the Wii two because i don't know much about it. Should have called it the N64 Advanced!

If that's what it were called, my life would be complete and I would never be sad ever again.

Hentai_Kittie
May 2, 2011, 06:25 PM
Project Cafe supposedly have better motion controllerd abilities, and i hope that PSO2 shows up on that insted. That way pso2 wont have to be downgraded in any way. Yay!

~LG Slate!

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 07:07 PM
I voted for PC, but if it did come out for the next Nintendo console I'd probably get it for that too, lol.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 07:10 PM
why are people voting on something where two of the three options don't exist? someone should rename the thread "what system would you like to play on?" cause "will" is pretty damn presumptuous.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 07:13 PM
Made on the spur of the moment i guess. Wasn't well thought out?

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 07:14 PM
Wheres the Dreamcast option?

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 07:27 PM
why are people voting on something where two of the three options don't exist? someone should rename the thread "what system would you like to play on?" cause "will" is pretty damn presumptuous.

It's a hypothetical. I guess it's to see if people would play the game on the PS3/360 over a PC if given the chance.

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 2, 2011, 07:33 PM
Genesis.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 07:41 PM
If only the Genesis wasn't so hard to program. Or was that the Saturn?

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 07:51 PM
colecovision

r00tabaga
May 2, 2011, 08:34 PM
Worst poll e v e r .

Tetsaru
May 2, 2011, 08:59 PM
Philips CD-i (MAH BOI), with ports for the Atari Jaguar and Nintendo Virtual Boy. :wacko:

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 09:08 PM
If only the Genesis wasn't so hard to program. Or was that the Saturn?

I think I heard somewhere segasaturn was as complicated as playstation systems. @_@

On some emulation site...

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 09:45 PM
saturn was the direct competition to the original Playstation...It better be on the same level >_>

GreenThunder
May 2, 2011, 09:53 PM
If anything, either console would work.

I'm no good concerning PC games, especially with the distractions and all.

Wang My Getsu
May 2, 2011, 09:53 PM
i would play on the 360 i prefer it over the ps3 and i dont really enjoy playing pc games

Malachite
May 2, 2011, 10:47 PM
Project Cafe supposedly have better motion controllerd abilities, and i hope that PSO2 shows up on that insted. That way pso2 wont have to be downgraded in any way. Yay!

~LG Slate!

Where did you hear that? From everything I saw (including the pictures), there is no sign of motion controls at all.

/offtopic.

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 10:59 PM
Where did you hear that? From everything I saw (including the pictures), there is no sign of motion controls at all.

/offtopic.

The rumor is that it's backward compatible with the Wii. This rumor is sometimes followed with another that says they've developed an even better motion controller.... I dunno why they'd need that though, cuz Wii Motion Plus is more than good enough already and would be nice with the First Person Shooting gameplay of PSO2...

Blueblur
May 2, 2011, 11:05 PM
PC ONRY.

I will always love this image. :D

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 11:34 PM
The rumor is that it's backward compatible with the Wii. This rumor is sometimes followed with another that says they've developed an even better motion controller.... I dunno why they'd need that though, cuz Wii Motion Plus is more than good enough already and would be nice with the First Person Shooting gameplay of PSO2...

there's no FPS mode that we know of

Genoa
May 2, 2011, 11:38 PM
PC: Anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better than you
Everyone else: :argh:

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 12:47 AM
there's no FPS mode that we know of

Meant to say third person, lol.

Skye-Fox713
May 3, 2011, 12:57 AM
i'll be playing it on the pc.

Canard de Bain
May 3, 2011, 02:34 PM
PC. I <3 my lappy. I sleep with it naked every night <3.

MidiPour
May 3, 2011, 02:36 PM
PC, and then PS3, if Sega ever decides to port PSO2. I'm hoping there is a console port, because most people I know who like PSO refuse to play PC games.

Canard de Bain
May 3, 2011, 02:38 PM
PC, and then PS3, if Sega ever decides to port PSO2. I'm hoping there is a console port, because most people I know who like PSO refuse to play PC games.

Then let them be stupid ;)

moorebounce
May 3, 2011, 02:49 PM
If I had a choice it would be the PC. I'm already used to playing Blue Burst on it. Besides I'm not giving M$ any more of my money.

Malachite
May 3, 2011, 02:51 PM
Well you are if you're using a PC lol.

Anduril
May 3, 2011, 03:01 PM
I'll probably play on the PC, especially if they port it to the PS3 which I have no intention of buying anytime soon due to my slow down in gaming overall.

r00tabaga
May 3, 2011, 03:13 PM
Poll should say "if ported"...otherwise, it makes no sense. It's like saying "What system will you play Wii Resort on?"

Malachite
May 3, 2011, 03:16 PM
You can play Wii resort on PC.

r00tabaga
May 3, 2011, 03:17 PM
That's great.

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 03:34 PM
Not like you can't link a Arcade stick to a PC or anything.... wait....

You have to worry if the other persons computer is running the game perfectly on top of connection since each frame is important and can lead to dropped combos.

This isn't as relevant but if you hope to become competitive or substancially "good" at the game there are also no top players on pc as well so most end up being casual players (not that there is any problem whatsoever with that).

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 04:02 PM
thats cause most fighters never get released on PC. Has nothing to do with dropped frames because even a PS3 and a 360 are known to drop frames. the last big fighter to hit PC was SFIV. seeing as a computer can run a game at 180fps and higher a sustained 60fps is nothing with a good video card. I can run most any game well above 100fps while running all sorts of background tasks. try updating your machine before you make such wild assertions.

Canard de Bain
May 3, 2011, 04:12 PM
thats cause most fighters never get released on PC. Has nothing to do with dropped frames because even a PS3 and a 360 are known to drop frames. the last big fighter to hit PC was SFIV. seeing as a computer can run a game at 180fps and higher a sustained 60fps is nothing with a good video card. I can run most any game well above 100fps while running all sorts of background tasks. try updating your machine before you make such wild assertions.

PWNT. That is all.

moorebounce
May 3, 2011, 05:43 PM
Well you are if you're using a PC lol.

How do you figure that because I'm not going to play it on the 360? And didn't buy anything from M$ when I built my PC.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 05:47 PM
Windows - which you typically buy, is a MS product. and most gamers don't use linux for obvious reasons.

I'm pretty sure they weren't aware that you, like many could and would easily pirate your OS.

Canard de Bain
May 4, 2011, 10:02 AM
PC as that is the only platform.

/endthread

knife in a box
May 5, 2011, 05:19 PM
PC FTW!

Anon_Fire
May 6, 2011, 01:48 PM
PC it is.

Razan
May 6, 2011, 03:52 PM
We'll see. :) If I can choose one that's not PC (yes, yes, I know) I'd choose that.

Canard de Bain
May 6, 2011, 03:55 PM
We'll see. :) If I can choose one that's not PC (yes, yes, I know) I'd choose that.

Then you would be a fool! You can't install nude mods on consoles :). mmm, nude FOnewearls.

Razan
May 6, 2011, 03:58 PM
Then you would be a fool! You can't install nude mods on consoles :). mmm, nude FOnewearls.

Right, right. Didn't even think about that. :)

_Kaos_
May 6, 2011, 10:57 PM
I'll be playing on my PC.

Keilyn
May 14, 2011, 06:44 PM
Isn't the game itself slated for PC-ONLY release?

I would only play it on PC because of the limiting factors of consoles. It is not to say consoles are not powerful, but their technology remains "Static" and "Unchanged" during their life cycles. This forces for many years to dumb down a game to the lowest common denominator.

It means a game will have to designed for Playstation 3, display at 1280x720 when Integrated Intel 3000 series graphics on their i7-2600K processors now display a higher framerate than the internals in the Xbox 360.

At the end of the day a mod and update would have to be made compatible for all platforms. Now a piece of information that you should be aware of is that although every major Phantasy Star Game was originally developed for a console, eventually the game prospered on PC and enjoyed longevity.

PSU is getting overhauls due to separating itself from PS2, so of course I will side with PC.

Malachite
May 14, 2011, 06:51 PM
I would only play it on PC because of the limiting factors of consoles. It is not to say consoles are not powerful, but their technology remains "Static" and "Unchanged" during their life cycles. This forces for many years to dumb down a game to the lowest common denominator.
Lol I REALLY doubt that if games that look like Battlefield 3 and so on can be developed for this gen of consoles, that PSO2 would have any factors being limited by a current consoles hardware.

But yeah, PSO2 is currently PC only, so any talk of that is completely irrelevant anyway.

Niloklives
May 14, 2011, 07:06 PM
Why the hell is this being bumped? What was the point in commenting? Some people thought is was consoles too, they were proved wrong. Topic over. No point in beating a dead horse just cause you can't be bothered to look back two pages

Sord
May 14, 2011, 07:11 PM
No point in beating a dead horse just cause you can't be bothered to look back two pages

Tell that to the rants section :wacko:

joshboyd1209
May 14, 2011, 08:07 PM
Why the hell is this being bumped? What was the point in commenting? Some people thought is was consoles too, they were proved wrong. Topic over. No point in beating a dead horse just cause you can't be bothered to look back two pages
Agreed.

Keilyn
May 14, 2011, 08:22 PM
Lol I REALLY doubt that if games that look like Battlefield 3 and so on can be developed for this gen of consoles, that PSO2 would have any factors being limited by a current consoles hardware.

But yeah, PSO2 is currently PC only, so any talk of that is completely irrelevant anyway.

Since you mentioned Battlefield 3

http://bf3blog.com/2011/04/dice-consoles-are-holding-pc-games-back/

^_^

Ark22
May 14, 2011, 08:36 PM
Didn't we say we wanted it on Ps3 or a high chance? Not it will be on Ps3

T4c
May 15, 2011, 10:22 AM
I wouldnt hold my breath for a console release.

joshboyd1209
May 15, 2011, 10:29 AM
Why would they release this on console? PC is better for tons of reasons for one thing they MIGHT be able to eventually release DLC that actually allows one to get better graphics or something like that.

Zyrusticae
May 15, 2011, 12:48 PM
Why would they release this on console? PC is better for tons of reasons for one thing they MIGHT be able to eventually release DLC that actually allows one to get better graphics or something like that.

Oh, yes, definitely. Aion, for example, is getting a new graphics engine update in the 2.5 patch. EVE had the Trinity update that completely revamped its graphics, and CCP has been continuously upgrading the graphics since. Age of Conan similarly has had constantly evolving graphics features. As long as PSO2 remains PC-exclusive such a major update is not out of line.

If they put it on consoles, however, that possibility is completely stricken from the list. Consoles can only be pushed so far, so hard, before they break, simply because of their fixed hardware.

In other words, a PC-exclusive game can have a much, MUCH longer shelf life than any console game ever will, simply because of the nature of the platform. And that's a big, huge plus in my book.

Malachite
May 15, 2011, 12:58 PM
If they put it on consoles, however, that possibility is completely stricken from the list. Consoles can only be pushed so far, so hard, before they break, simply because of their fixed hardware.
This is all true, but PSO2 will never be so graphically intense, even if updated constantly, so much so that it will 'break' a modern console's capabilities.

joshboyd1209
May 15, 2011, 01:03 PM
This is all true, but PSO2 will never be so graphically intense, even if updated constantly, so much so that it will 'break' a modern console's capabilities.
How do you know? They might eventually have this game to the point where it feels like you're in it. Also if they keep it PC only it COULD have a shelf life of 20+ years.

Malachite
May 15, 2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah Josh, that's never gonna happen lol.

And have you looked at modern console games recently? Most of them look far, far, far superior to PSO2. If consoles are going to hold any aspect of PSO2 back, it certainly isn't going to be anything hardware related.

ShinMaruku
May 15, 2011, 02:29 PM
I wouldnt hold my breath for a console release.
You don't know Sega very well. :P

CelestialBlade
May 15, 2011, 02:41 PM
Don't personally care if PSO2 expands to consoles or not, but I'll be playing it on PC regardless. I don't think it'll really matter either way, PSO had a long shelf life and PSU had a short one, and they were both multi-platform. You'll find the same variance in PC-only online games. Shelf life has a lot more to do with game/service quality than hardware limitations most of the time, in my experience.

I'm personally more concerned with how they'll set up servers assuming PSO2 goes multi-platform. I'd personally like to see less server segregation, but I'm not 100% privy to all the legal aspects of that.

r00tabaga
May 15, 2011, 02:42 PM
PS4 & the next XBOX will have this then?

Chibi Cast Master
May 15, 2011, 06:49 PM
its only on pc that what sega says

ShinMaruku
May 15, 2011, 09:04 PM
its only on pc that what sega says
Never listen to developers before a game is done.

Niloklives
May 15, 2011, 09:12 PM
never listen to random pervos who only have one thing to say.

Zyrusticae
May 15, 2011, 09:45 PM
Big assumption.

All we've seen of the game so far is pre-alpha footage and screenshots.

Ordinarily, the public never actually sees anything before the game at least reaches alpha. There is a LOT of development space left before the game hits retail.

Eclypse
May 15, 2011, 09:48 PM
360 because of the automatic voice chat, but PC if they don't release on Xbox.

Malachite
May 15, 2011, 10:09 PM
Big assumption.

All we've seen of the game so far is pre-alpha footage and screenshots.

Ordinarily, the public never actually sees anything before the game at least reaches alpha. There is a LOT of development space left before the game hits retail.

Even if this game is in development for the next three years, it's not going to look so good that modern consoles won't be able to run it. Now, I doubt that it will ever even be released for consoles, and I don't really care. But if you'd take a look at what modern console gaming has to offer, from a technology standpoint, it's almost absurd to think that PSO2 will be too high end for consoles to run.

Look at images like

http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/crysis-2-screenshot-city-corner-park.jpg

or watch videos like the Bioshock Infinite gameplay, or countless other console games. Seeing those, it's hard to me to understand how you think PSO2, even after it's finished, could be too much for a console to handle.

Niloklives
May 16, 2011, 02:24 AM
I don't think anyone has been able to intelligently argue that the consoles of today aren't up to the task when it comes to graphics. Granted the 360 is basically running on par with an HD 5450, but even then a 5450 is more than enough to run this game currently.

Honestly it's just stupid to dev a game that is intended to be out for 10 years under hardware AND that's structured for planned obsolescence even half way into their 6 year product cycle. There's lots of reasons not to dev for consoles but being able to keep up with the technology of today isn't one of them yet.

Lugia2126
May 16, 2011, 06:49 AM
PSO2 will be released on PS3 Too?! SWEET!

CelestialBlade
May 16, 2011, 07:22 AM
Not officially, but it seems likely to me. I really can't see PSO2 staying PC-exclusive, too much money for Sega to get out of the console market.

Akaimizu
May 16, 2011, 07:55 AM
Hard to say. I think it might take a while. It costs much less money and resources to maintain 1 platform. I think they want to make sure they have everything in order on the PC before they explore other platforms. Take note, we're also talking about multiple regions as well.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 08:18 AM
Well I wish we knew for sure so that I don't have to spend 2G's on a PC for this game. How would they replace the hot keys though?

NoiseHERO
May 16, 2011, 08:47 AM
Well I wish we knew for sure so that I don't have to spend 2G's on a PC for this game. How would they replace the hot keys though?

For the 900th time(Infact the 900th on a LOT of things you say........) you do NOT need 2000 fucking dollars just to build a brand new pc that can run this game...in no way shape or possible form is that necessary and saying it, is like hitting people with a bat that leaves a mark saying "ROOTABAGA IS IGNORANT!!"

DO YOU WANT PEOPLE TO THInK YOU'RE IGNORANT?? ARE YOU UNABLE TO TELL THAT THAT'S PROBABLY TOO LATE??

If you're spending more than $700 JUST for PSO2 your money will be better placed in a stripper's G-string-Oh-wait, You'd probably dislike women in G-strings touching your PSO money anyway. >______________>

Ezodagrom
May 16, 2011, 08:49 AM
So far it's PC only, and there's been a few hints that it will stay PC only.
Don't count on PSO2 coming to any console unless SEGA officially confirms it.

A full PC that is considerably above PSO2 alpha requirements only costs around $800 or so. A decent full gaming PC costs around $1200.

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 16, 2011, 08:51 AM

Nothing is proven wrong until the game closes, they could always change their minds at a later date, or just not have told us it's definite cause they might still be in negotiations with Sony/Microsoft for a multi-platform release.

And for your information, the horse started it >.>

Anon_Fire
May 16, 2011, 09:57 AM
Any moderators available, close thread.

PC only for me, end of story.

@r00tabaga: lol, I spent like $700-$800 on my PC, what makes you say you need $2k for a gaming PC?

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 10:09 AM
Laptop that I want costs some money.

@Michaeru....grow up...use big boy words. Nobody wants to listen to your whiney shit anymore. Your trolling is becoming obsessive. If this game ever comes out on a console now or a future console, I would rather do that then spend money on a gaming laptop, so stfu & bother someone else.

Lugia2126
May 16, 2011, 10:14 AM
Not officially, but it seems likely to me. I really can't see PSO2 staying PC-exclusive, too much money for Sega to get out of the console market.

Oh i see , BTW thanks for the info.... :beer:

Lugia2126
May 16, 2011, 10:16 AM
So far it's PC only, and there's been a few hints that it will stay PC only.
Don't count on PSO2 coming to any console unless SEGA officially confirms it.

Ah i see , its good that it releases on PC since people has pc's ^^;

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=CelestialBlade;2634695]Not officially, but it seems likely to me. I really can't see PSO2 staying PC-exclusive, too much money for Sega to get out of the console market.[/QUOTE

Oh i see , BTW thanks for the info.... :beer:

They could hit a larger audience if they released on consoles too. I think that it will eventualy come ported to the new Xbox & PS4, but not until a year or two of PC only love.
Torchlight is an example of a game that was hugely popular on PC & became an XBL game later in it's cycle.

SephirothXer0
May 16, 2011, 10:19 AM
Laptops are horrible for games, get a desktop instead. More power for far less money.

And don't give me crap about needing it for school. We did just fine in school with pens, notebooks, and tape recorders.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 10:25 AM
Laptops are horrible for games, get a desktop instead. More power for far less money.

And don't give me crap about needing it for school. We did just fine in school with pens, notebooks, and tape recorders.

Portable is the way I want to go, big deal. You guys go buy or build whatever you want. Don't worry about how others like me spend their money. I can't bring a desktop to my work like I can a lapper. If I am home I can go to my game room TV or my bedroom with a lapper. The alpha specs are not too demanding for the laptop I have in mind.

NoiseHERO
May 16, 2011, 10:26 AM

@Michaeru....grow up...use big boy words. Nobody wants to listen to your whiney shit anymore. Your trolling is becoming obsessive. If this game ever comes out on a console now or a future console, I would rather do that then spend money on a gaming laptop, so stfu & bother someone else.

LOL "big boy words" if you made less of the same stupidly wrong posts maybe it wouldn't seem so "obsessive" to "troll" you. If anything all of those stupid posts are of YOU whining, anyway. I guess ignorance IS bliss, because you can't seem to break out of yours...

Also "future console"? From the sounds you would have already wasted that "2G" on your computer by then, a LAPTOP even. But yeah okay, I'll let someone else tell you when your posts sound stupid from now on.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 10:34 AM
LOL "big boy words" if you made less of the same stupidly wrong posts maybe it wouldn't seem so "obsessive" to "troll" you. If anything all of those stupid posts are of YOU whining, anyway. I guess ignorance IS bliss, because you can't seem to break out of yours...

Also "future console"? From the sounds you would have already wasted that "2G" on your computer by then, a LAPTOP even. But yeah okay, I'll let someone else tell you when your posts sound stupid from now on.

Please look up these forum's guidelines and rules please. You harassing me is probably frowned upon. How old are you anyways? Don't worry about me from now on. It's gonna get you booted son.

Malachite
May 16, 2011, 11:02 AM
"Please look up the guidelines"

"Harassing me is probably frowned upon"

So, you're telling him to read the guidelines, when you obviously haven't? I mean, this is coming from the guy who double posts all the time. Oh, and he's harassing you? You mean like how you tried to troll me into an stupid argument in the 'What you want in PSO2' topic, where I hadn't even posted?

Trust me, you're far more on your way to being 'booted' than he is, son.

Now, as for the whole price of a gaming computer. A rig, even a laptop that will run PSO2 easily will NOT cost you more than one grand. My PC cost me 620 dollars, and there's not a single game I can't max out on it. I am going to blow through PSO2 at a buttery smooth 60FPS.

Dongra
May 16, 2011, 11:19 AM
I love how r00tabaga manages to get under everyone's skin on this board. It's absolutely amazing that all of you decide to reply to him, and continue to drag things out, rather than ignore him. Whether it's intentional or not, this guy has got to be one of the most successful trolls I've seen on this board, and I salute him.

joshboyd1209
May 16, 2011, 11:24 AM
I love how r00tabaga manages to get under everyone's skin on this board. It's absolutely amazing that all of you decide to reply to him, and continue to drag things out, rather than ignore him. Whether it's intentional or not, this guy has got to be one of the most successful trolls I've seen on this board, and I salute him.
SALUTE HIM! Why on Earth would you do that?!

CelestialBlade
May 16, 2011, 11:33 AM
There's rules on derailing threads too. Also, stop feeding trolls.

I really don't see a decent laptop having any amount of trouble running PSO2, judging from the alpha trailer. It's pretty but it's not something super demanding like Aion or whatevs. I doubt it would be a chore for the current console generation either.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 11:38 AM
Haters gonna hate! -lol I'm clearly winning b/c these kids are showing no class, just swearing up a storm b/c I wanna buy a gaming laptop...WIPPED-E-FREEGIN-DEW....actually Michaeru & Malashite are really THE only two moronic posters that I've run across. Everyone else is straight. Peeople who disagree with my opinions at least have logical responses. These two idiots have nothing to contribute except for digs & cheap shots. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but have a take or stfu. I don't follow them arond like they do me. They can't seem to have any sophisticated conversations.

I dbl posted once.......look it up...Vortex already crushed me for doing so...shoot me

Malachite
May 16, 2011, 11:51 AM
I've personally seen you double post on two occasions, I'm sure you've done it more. Sophisticated conversations? Where are yours? Lol the only thing you've managed to "contribute" since you've started posting is an incredible ability to annoy everyone with your sheer ignorance, and derail multiple topics with your whining/trolling.

But yeah, those guys are right. I shouldn't be replying to you, just a waste of time.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 11:55 AM
I've personally seen you double post on two occasions, I'm sure you've done it more. Sophisticated conversations? Where are yours? Lol the only thing you've managed to "contribute" since you've started posting is an incredible ability to annoy everyone with your sheer ignorance, and derail multiple topics with your whining/trolling.

But yeah, those guys are right. I shouldn't be replying to you, just a waste of time.

You wanna stay on topic please? I'll just talk to you like I talk to my children, we'll see if that works. <shakes my head with doubts>

Ezodagrom
May 16, 2011, 12:03 PM

A good gaming laptop doesn't cost $2000 as well, there's a rather good one for just $1200, that gaming laptop is actually better than my current desktop.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230027
If you wanna buy an overpriced laptop, be my guest, it's your money.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 12:09 PM
A good gaming laptop doesn't cost $2000 as well, there's a rather good one for just $1200, that gaming laptop is actually better than my current desktop.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230027
If you wanna buy an overpriced laptop, be my guest, it's your money.

Wow, that is decent. Nilok likes Asus too so I might check those out when it comes time to buy, tyvm.

Ezodagrom
May 16, 2011, 12:16 PM
Wow, that is decent. Nilok likes Asus too so I might check those out when it comes time to buy, tyvm.
I'm suggesting that laptop not because of it's brand, but because of it's specifications, especially the processors and graphics. The brand is good too though. ^^

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 12:21 PM
The only thing I'm worried about is Asus service. I got buddies who I work with who say that their service is bad. If you need repairs you have to send the whole thing including power supply to China. Dell comes right to your house with part in hand if you buy Dell.

Malachite
May 16, 2011, 12:38 PM
Lol, for your own sake, please, never buy a dell. Especially for gaming.

also nice edit bro, socool.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 01:04 PM
Lol, for your own sake, please, never buy a dell. Especially for gaming.

also nice edit bro, socool.

Go to your room Malachite.

SyianZi
May 16, 2011, 01:07 PM
I would play this on the 360 as more of my friends would be able to join in, however, i'm currently building my next pc ready for this anyway.

Canard de Bain
May 16, 2011, 01:08 PM
I would play this on the 360 as more of my friends would be able to join in, however, i'm currently building my next pc ready for this anyway.

Tell your n00b friends to get a gaming computer.

Malachite
May 16, 2011, 01:09 PM
Go to your room Malachite.

Ah, there you go again, and yet you call me the unsophisticated one, saying get to get back on topic, while you sit here and derail it with your own immaturity. And all I'm tryin' to do is give you some advice! Such a hypocrite, or just a troll. Either way, very stupid.

Lol, but children will always act like children I guess.

But, seriously. Don't get a Dell, they're complete garbage and anyone who knows anything about computers will tell you the same.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 01:15 PM
Ah, there you go again, and yet you call me the unsophisticated one, saying get to get back on topic, while you sit here and derail it with your own immaturity. And all I'm tryin' to do is give you some advice! Such a hypocrite, or just a troll. Either way, very stupid.

Lol, but children will always act like children I guess.

But, seriously. Don't get a Dell, they're complete garbage and anyone who knows anything about computers will tell you the same.

How about I just buy whatever it is that you play on! 'Cuz clearly your the smartest, most cutting edge dude I've ever met. Or maybe I'll just do my own thing. Dell bought Alienware, they do not make them. Do your research next time.

P.S. I thought you were going to ignore me? My wife might get a little jealous when she sees how much you like me. -lol

Malachite
May 16, 2011, 01:23 PM
You're obviously 15 years old, lol. I'm sure you think you look very clever right now, pretending to have a wife and kids, but lets face it, that's never going to happen.

And yes, I do know quite a bit about computers. Dell, and Alienware, are both garbage. Learn your shit, kiddo.

Dongra
May 16, 2011, 01:29 PM
I shouldn't be replying to you, just a waste of time.
What happened to this? Seriously, you are no better than he is.

Malachite
May 16, 2011, 01:30 PM
I know, I just can't help it. ._. He's just so tempting to pick at.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 01:32 PM
You're obviously 15 years old, lol. I'm sure you think you look very clever right now, pretending to have a wife and kids, but lets face it, that's never going to happen.

And yes, I do know quite a bit about computers. Dell, and Alienware, are both garbage. Learn your shit, kiddo.

Are you attacking a man's family now? Wow. New low.

Look, you're a retard. We're BOTH retards now.

I promise to all posters here that from here fwd, I PROMISE I will not go back & forth w/Malashitty Troll or Michaeru from this day fwd. PROMISE.

Malachite
May 16, 2011, 01:37 PM
Good, then I won't either! <3

Anyway, what I was saying about Dells has nothing do with my disposition towards you. They really aren't a good computer company, and I really would suggest going with the Asus, if you must go with a laptop.

RemiusTA
May 16, 2011, 01:42 PM
Both of you shut up. I can see if you were arguing opinions, but throwing personal insults over the internet is the most retarded shit ever.

CelestialBlade
May 16, 2011, 01:43 PM
What happened to this? Seriously, you are no better than he is.
No kiddin. Internet 101: Don't reply to trolls. Makes you look just as bad and derails the topic more. I thought people had this figured out by now.

So let's get back on topic: how do you think they'd do the 0-9 hotkey setup on console?
I know Champions Online pulled it off so you could hotkey via controller but it was fairly annoying. It just looks like PSO2 is doing the same UI as PSO:BB, makes me wonder.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 02:09 PM
I loved the Blue Burst keyboard/controller scheme. It made me feel like I had so much at my disposal at any instance. I don't think they could pull it off by simply doing a Back Button "quick menu" type idea instead of hot keys. More reason to just keep it PC-exclusive I guess. Nobody would wanna play w/o this feature. The UI looks sexier this way too.

SyianZi
May 16, 2011, 02:28 PM
Tell your n00b friends to get a gaming computer.

It's not that they don't have great gaming rigs, it's just easier for us all to game on the 360 than the pc, personal choice and all that lol. What I wouldn't mind would be an OS built purely for gaming. Instead of windows.

Niloklives
May 16, 2011, 03:10 PM
Portable is the way I want to go, big deal. You guys go buy or build whatever you want. Don't worry about how others like me spend their money. I can't bring a desktop to my work like I can a lapper. If I am home I can go to my game room TV or my bedroom with a lapper. The alpha specs are not too demanding for the laptop I have in mind.

Here's the problem. You don't have to spend 2k so it would be wise to stop implying you need to spend that kind of money to play games. people would stop attacking you if you would stop saying things that you know people will attack you over. its like you're looking for a fight.

SALUTE HIM! Why on Earth would you do that?!

you realize you're THE most successful troll on the forums right?

I was the one who first posted that laptop. in fact I showed it to you.

How about I just buy whatever it is that you play on! 'Cuz clearly your the smartest, most cutting edge dude I've ever met. Or maybe I'll just do my own thing. Dell bought Alienware, they do not make them. Do your research next time.

P.S. I thought you were going to ignore me? My wife might get a little jealous when she sees how much you like me. -lol

maybe you're not clean on how this works and I'm not hoing to bother spending a lot of time on this:

Alienware was never good.

Dell was even worse

When a company buys another one they don't just reap profits, they take over; changing the way things are done to fit their design, or strip the company to nothing and use its name.

Not good + very bad = bad.

joshboyd1209
May 16, 2011, 03:55 PM
Here's the problem. You don't have to spend 2k so it would be wise to stop implying you need to spend that kind of money to play games. people would stop attacking you if you would stop saying things that you know people will attack you over. its like you're looking for a fight.

you realize you're THE most successful troll on the forums right?

I was the one who first posted that laptop. in fact I showed it to you.

maybe you're not clean on how this works and I'm not hoing to bother spending a lot of time on this:

Alienware was never good.

Dell was even worse

When a company buys another one they don't just reap profits, they take over; changing the way things are done to fit their design, or strip the company to nothing and use its name.

Not good + very bad = bad.
If by troll you mean I show up in a lot of different forums in very close time periods and that I watch a lot of them and keep tabs on them then yes. And what is wrong with DELL? They make very decent computers.

Niloklives
May 16, 2011, 03:57 PM
By troll I mean you give out false information and try to act like you're not 14. I'll let you chew on that.

Dell makes bad computers. They use cheap parts and they make a lot of their parts proprietary to up their sales on service plans.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 04:11 PM
If Alienware is so bad, why do so many people rave about them elsewhere? They win awards (including CES 2010 best gaming laptop) not to mention the fact that the newest one M18x has the CrossfireX too which makes it appealing. I have two kids in our company who play on the M17's and I gotta say, I am impressed. To say Crysis looks like "garbage" on their lappers.....well, I just don't see it.

I like the Asus for the money, but I'm really worried about the service if something breaks down.

I will never understand why people wanna fight me over which PC I choose. I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone but others feel the need to force theirs on me. I'm NOT talking about Nilok, b/c I asked for his help in this (and prolly wil go w/his Asus when it's all said and done). It's my hard earned $, if I wanna waste it, that's my business. However, once word breaks out that it comes to consoles, if ever, I'm gonna just wait.

Niloklives
May 16, 2011, 04:31 PM
I've never had a problem with asus. Both Asus an MSI are good about their service. If you get a laptop even from alienware, chances are you're going to have to send it in. I'd read the fine print on those service plans if I were you.

Do you think the people writing those reviews are PC savvy? those guys still try to say that norton antivirus is not a resource hog. That software basically takes over your computer and cripples operations, but it get 4.5/5 stars on the same places that highly regard alienware. Do you think the people who write those reviews use that PC for anything beyond watching movies and such? They laptop you want even on the review you posted said the machine gets abnormally hot. That will shorten the computer's life significantly and damage the battery. Why is something like that even being made? why is it being sold for 2 grand? and why is it getting 4.5/5 stars? The reviewers are morons.

I hate to see people get a raw deal because they don't know any better. I'm trying to help you and I think the others have a similar mentality, but it's frustrating when you argue with them and say they don't know what they're talking about. I have to admit it's frustrating for me to try to give you information and to have you raise the same point several times like I haven't said anything. I can only imagine what that must look like for others who watch that happen.

Crysis is not a big deal to run. a few years back it was, but today it's just not an issue. and the Asus Ezo and I have both pointed you to has a better GPU than a lot of the alienwares out there. It is absolutely your money and you're free to spend it how you wish, but as a member of the community, no one here wants to see you spend it unwisely.

r00tabaga
May 16, 2011, 05:10 PM
Crysis is not a big deal to run. a few years back it was, but today it's just not an issue. and the Asus Ezo and I have both pointed you to has a better GPU than a lot of the alienwares out there. It is absolutely your money and you're free to spend it how you wish, but as a member of the community, no one here wants to see you spend it unwisely.

Crysis 2 is way more demanding than PSO2 though, right? If after the alpha, beta & final builds are complete, I still don't think this game will push anyone's rig. Which is really good for guys like me who want laptops.

Ezodagrom
May 16, 2011, 05:26 PM
Crysis 2 is way more demanding than PSO2 though, right? If after the alpha, beta & final builds are complete, I still don't think this game will push anyone's rig. Which is really good for guys like me who want laptops.
Even more of a reason to not buy an overpriced alienware laptop, if it's just for PSO2, better go with a decently priced laptop with good specs than an overpriced laptop with a bit better specs.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend using Crossfire/SLI systems, there's more issues in these systems than in systems with 1 graphics card/1 GPU, especially when it comes to AMD/ATI, which are kinda famous for problematic drivers with crossfire.

One of the issues I hear alot about Crossfire/SLI systems is micro-stuttering, don't really know if it's too annoying though, since I haven't really dealt with any CF/SLI system so far. ^^;

Malachite
May 16, 2011, 05:28 PM
I can vouch for the microstuttering using CF drivers, it is VERY annoying, in my opinion.

Randomness
May 16, 2011, 05:38 PM
Except for fighting games.

I fail to see any problems there not solves by USB.

Niloklives
May 16, 2011, 05:54 PM
I fail to see any problems there not solves by USB.

His entire post about PCs being bad for gaming was fail. we're past that though.

T4c
May 16, 2011, 09:53 PM
You don't know Sega very well. :P

An MMORPG on a console. doesnt make sense bro.

Malachite
May 16, 2011, 10:07 PM
I might be a little confused as to what you're talking about... but are you implying that PSO wouldn't work on consoles, for some reason?

Because, this is the first ever PS title to be released as PC only, lol. It's primarily a console franchise.

ShinMaruku
May 16, 2011, 10:07 PM
An MMORPG on a console. doesnt make sense bro.
This game is not a MMO. I know you like to feel that way but it's not. Plus Technology can handle these games now. Move out of the old age of thinking.

chibipocky15
May 16, 2011, 10:16 PM
xbox 360 ftw :3

Tsyuku
May 16, 2011, 10:19 PM
I plan to play the JP Version upon release so I would be going PC.

RemiusTA
May 16, 2011, 11:24 PM
This game is not a MMO. I know you like to feel that way but it's not.

...but it is. What is it that keeps making you people think this game isn't an MMO?

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 16, 2011, 11:28 PM
Hey look, it's that one argument people have been having for the past ten years.

There's nothing particularly massive about a game where you can only play with three to five other people at once. But hey, MMO is a completely subjective term (just like every genre is), so who gives a shit what you call it.

ShinMaruku
May 16, 2011, 11:59 PM
...but it is. What is it that keeps making you people think this game isn't an MMO?

A game stuck in gameplay being 4-6 people in instances is NOT a MMO.
You just have big ass lobbies but no persistant world with hundreds of people killing shit in the field. It's not a MMO it's an Online RPG.

Niloklives
May 17, 2011, 12:03 AM
so it's a 'MO?

ShinMaruku
May 17, 2011, 12:08 AM
It's merely an online rpg. Not massively multiplayer.

NoiseHERO
May 17, 2011, 12:11 AM
so it's a 'MO?

This is what I was thinking. :0

or

MOG! *actually likes the sound of that >_>*

ShinMaruku
May 17, 2011, 12:17 AM
MOG is an proper term. But Don't call PSO2 a MMO. That sells it short. :P

LoveRappy
May 17, 2011, 03:02 AM
A game stuck in gameplay being 4-6 people in instances is NOT a MMO.
You just have big ass lobbies but no persistant world with hundreds of people killing shit in the field. It's not a MMO it's an Online RPG.

how does that differ than what you determine to be an "MMO" then? when i play WoW or EQ2, i dont play with a "massive" amount of other players, im in a group of 5-6 people in an instance. yes, games like WoW or EQ2 have "massive" worlds with tons of other players in them, but they function the same as a lobby in PSO. the real "meat" of an MMO is getting a small group of players and running an instance (or up to 10/25 ppl if you raid).

PSO is an MMO. its slightly different than MMOs like WoW, but its still an MMO.

anyways, to topic, i am glad they thought of the PC first. if this was a 360/PS3 only release i would fear it wouldnt have text chat because i dont know of ANY 360/PS3 online games that has text chat, its all voice chat based. i even know of an online PC game that had their console port stripped of text chat.

r00tabaga
May 17, 2011, 07:19 AM
I don't see how 4 person parties qualify as "massive". I thought MMO's needed to have open-ended worlds too, which PSO never had. Maybe I'm wrong.

Tsyuku
May 17, 2011, 04:08 PM
I don't see how 4 person parties qualify as "massive". I thought MMO's needed to have open-ended worlds too, which PSO never had. Maybe I'm wrong.

Not exactly. Games like LOCO or League of Legends are room based games yet are still considered MMOs. PSO is basically exactly that, just with a lobby for interacting which room based games lack.

The term massive typically refers to the large scale player base. While multiplayer is the Co - op add on. If you want to look at a game that is generally the same, think guild wars. An entirely instanced world besides outposts/towns.

All in all I don't really see why it's a big deal to argue over the fact of somethings genre. It's rather pointless.

Niloklives
May 17, 2011, 05:12 PM
Because as most people view it MMO = WoW

And most people don't want this compared to WoW. I wouldn't really say its pointless to want to be set apart from it, though since there are many subsets of RPG, maybe MMO should have its own subsets.

r00tabaga
May 17, 2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah, honestly who gives a shit.

•Col•
May 17, 2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah, honestly who gives a shit.

Well you were the one who started nit-picking, so....... I guess you do. :l

r00tabaga
May 17, 2011, 07:01 PM
Well you were the one who started nit-picking, so....... I guess you do. :l

Yeah, cuz at the time the dude was hell bent on insisting that PSO is an MMO. I don't care anymore & it's not worth arguing over.

Zyrusticae
May 17, 2011, 08:30 PM
Not exactly. Games like LOCO or League of Legends are room based games yet are still considered MMOs.

What the hell?!

Those people are WRONG. WRONG. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

Groupthink does NOT = right! A consensus is indicative of nothing other than like-mindedness, and in this case it is like-minded ignorance.

Let us keep this straight: An MMO MUST have some kind of open-world instance with a bare minimum of a few dozen players in it at once. If it does not, it is NOT massively multiplayer.

The closest thing the PSO/PSU series has ever had to this are lobbies, which are not at all the same thing. You go from lobbies to fields, you don't go from open worlds to instances like you do in actual MMOs. No actual gameplay occurs in lobbies; they're practically 3D chat-rooms. Hell, they ARE 3D chat-rooms. An actual open world allows you to actually play the game within it, not just chat.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. If a game is not MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER then drop the first M, gawdamnit! It is NOT right to do anything else!

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 17, 2011, 08:37 PM
Hey guys, did you know that all genre definitions are vague and open to interpretation? Because I did.

Arguments like this are not worth having. Might as well debate if a crayon is purple, violet, or lavender.

Niloklives
May 17, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hey guys, did you know that all genre definitions are vague and open to interpretation? Because I did.

Arguments like this are not worth having. Might as well debate if a crayon is purple, violet, or lavender.

It tells you right on the side of the crayon though. *points to a crayon* says red on the side!!

...Actually this one looks more like brick to me.

...dammit.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 17, 2011, 08:50 PM
No, it is obviously puce.
Are you blind?

Niloklives
May 17, 2011, 08:57 PM
take a look at the tiny flecks inside! it's clearly metallic lapis!

Tsyuku
May 17, 2011, 09:39 PM
You're both wrong. It's not even a crayon, it's a marker.

Open minds, all I have left to say to the argument.

Cayenne
Nov 3, 2011, 03:35 PM
Bored you must be...

Dinosaur
Nov 3, 2011, 06:16 PM
I can't imagine playing TPS mode on controller. Movement and aiming are infinitely more precise on keyboard and mouse.

kyuuketsuki
Nov 4, 2011, 10:56 AM
Did someone pull the old "necro a thread then delete post after people have responded to the necro post" here?

Anon_Fire
Nov 4, 2011, 01:33 PM
Did someone pull the old "necro a thread then delete post after people have responded to the necro post" here?

I'm afraid so.

Macman
Nov 4, 2011, 01:46 PM
inb4lock?

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2011, 02:16 PM
I wanted to find a pony picture saying "hey guys, what's going on in this topic?", but there are so many ponies, I don't think I'll ever find one.

Anon_Fire
Nov 4, 2011, 02:29 PM
lock please, thank you.

RemiusTA
Nov 5, 2011, 01:39 AM
It's merely an online rpg. Not massively multiplayer.

Oh lord here we go again

NoiseHERO
Nov 5, 2011, 01:44 AM
Why isn't Dreamcast an option?

Sinue_v2
Nov 5, 2011, 12:19 PM
Where is the option for "all of the above"? Or "depends on where I'm at at the time; living room or den?"

I had PSO for Dreamcast, PC, Xbox, and GameCube. I had PSU for PS2, PC, 360. I don't see why it should be any different for PSO2.

RemiusTA
Nov 5, 2011, 02:09 PM
I'd play PSO2 on my Sega Genesis if i could

NoiseHERO
Nov 5, 2011, 02:36 PM
I'd play PSO2 on my Sega Genesis if i could

NO, WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO SPEND MONEY ON A SHADY WEBSITE LIKE EBAY TO GET A SEGA GENESIS.

CONSOLE IS MUCH EASIER.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 5, 2011, 10:53 PM
PC. The only reason I need is alt-tab.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 5, 2011, 11:05 PM
*face palm* oh boy....

Noblewine
Nov 6, 2011, 06:05 PM
I rather play it on the computer and try that out since I am console gamer but the graphics on a computer were impressive. Compared to a ps2 graphics.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 6, 2011, 10:29 PM
I'm going to be that "troll" who says Wii U

str898mustang
Nov 6, 2011, 10:31 PM
PC.....the only system it will be on.

NoiseHERO
Nov 6, 2011, 11:20 PM
I'm going to be that "troll" who says Wii U

I was going to use this one, but it was so unoriginal...

But then dreamcast was ironically less original...

And the hipster thing was so 2 months ago so... Yeah....

It hurt.

Destis
Nov 7, 2011, 12:14 AM
I would love it on PC. Just recently I moved to PC from consoles, and grew a passion for gaming on PC. And also just joined JP for PSU. Anyway, can't wait for PSO 2.

Macman
Nov 7, 2011, 12:04 PM
Not even voting. It's a dumb question since there are no plans at all to port to a console.

BIG OLAF
Nov 7, 2011, 02:54 PM
I'm honestly surprised that this thread is still open.

Anon_Fire
Nov 7, 2011, 02:58 PM
Will someone please close this thread?

RemiusTA
Nov 7, 2011, 04:02 PM
No. It stays.

NoiseHERO
Nov 7, 2011, 04:26 PM
So will PSO2 take advantage of blast processing?

Macman
Nov 7, 2011, 05:52 PM
Is your PC badass enough to handle blast processing?

NoiseHERO
Nov 7, 2011, 06:13 PM
My PC will do what nintendon't.

Bushido
Nov 8, 2011, 04:29 AM
My PC is so badass it supports Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment.

RemiusTA
Nov 8, 2011, 03:55 PM
My PC will do what nintendon't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7nsBoqJ6s8

everyone's daily dose of absolutely shameless advertising

this shit is epic

yoshiblue
Nov 8, 2011, 04:05 PM
like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5pJ5a7EYVw&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5pJ5a7EYVw&feature=related

Roger Triton
Nov 12, 2011, 01:34 PM
Topic creator, I notice Wii is not a choice.
Y not?

Kent
Nov 12, 2011, 08:50 PM
Topic creator, I notice Wii is not a choice.
Y not?
...Because that would be silly.

NoiseHERO
Nov 12, 2011, 08:56 PM
...Because that would be silly.

Wasn't expecting a buzzkill reply when 5 other people got away with the joke. D:

Pro troll man, pro troll. D:

EvilJohn
Dec 12, 2011, 07:14 AM
360 or PC.

Ark22
Dec 12, 2011, 12:08 PM
I want this on my toaster. Pretty sure the specs on it can run the game on low settings.

HappierWorlds
Dec 12, 2011, 06:48 PM
PC.
Because that's where the game will start and obviously if you want ports, support the game in the first place.

RemiusTA
Dec 12, 2011, 07:13 PM
I want this on my toaster. Pretty sure the specs on it can run the game on low settings.

man i had a sweet potato that could probably clock enough to run this game, but my cat got hold of it

NoiseHERO
Dec 12, 2011, 09:17 PM
It's risky to overclock a sweet potato anyway, once it gets too hot it's over if your CPU burns out, and it's expensive to replace 1234 LGA potato skin...

Ark22
Dec 12, 2011, 09:22 PM
I just put in a 3rd core in my toaster. It can process 3 pieces of bread AT THE SAME TIME. I think it will buff med-high settings now.

Jonth
Dec 12, 2011, 09:24 PM
If I were a Cast... Could I upload PSO2 to my memory banks and play it in my head? That'd be awesome... No more getting bored at work.

NoiseHERO
Dec 12, 2011, 11:00 PM
If I were a Cast... Could I upload PSO2 to my memory banks and play it in my head? That'd be awesome... No more getting bored at work.

Wow what the hell now I wanna be a cyborg, thanks.

pikachief
Dec 12, 2011, 11:21 PM
Whatever system my dad says! lol XD

He told me that he bought the xbox version even tho everyone i knew was getting the PC version because he said that there would be some hacking on PC and that xbox would have a bigger community or at least their community would last longer.

Ark22
Dec 13, 2011, 12:04 AM
Whatever system my dad says! lol XD

He told me that he bought the xbox version even tho everyone i knew was getting the PC version because he said that there would be some hacking on PC and that xbox would have a bigger community or at least their community would last longer.

I wish to meet your dad and trade him my toaster for his 360.

Jonth
Dec 13, 2011, 08:11 AM
Wow what the hell now I wanna be a cyborg, thanks.

You could just get away with the brain modifications for the topic at hand, but who the heck would pass up that superhuman strength?

Spellbinder
Dec 13, 2011, 08:48 AM

If you were a Cast.... wouldn't you be fighting the monsters for real ?! ((((゜д゜; ))))

hobowitha50cal
Dec 13, 2011, 09:54 AM
I wish to meet your dad and trade him my toaster for his 360.

Toasters are infamous for attracting hackers so he probably won't trade.

Jonth
Dec 13, 2011, 09:55 AM
If you were a Cast.... wouldn't you be fighting the monsters for real ?! ((((゜д゜; ))))

Oh that is just ridiculous! Figures... Some joker has to come around and throw some off the wall fantasy into the equation...

Well, I have heard that the newest service pack for Bread Box OS has made great strides in improving system stability and security.

Mike
Dec 13, 2011, 10:18 AM

At least it's not attracting forks. That would be terrible.

hobowitha50cal
Dec 13, 2011, 11:41 AM
At least it's not attracting forks. That would be terrible.

That's how they hack though, last I checked.

Ark22
Dec 13, 2011, 07:34 PM
I just added a new Core to my toaster. It's pumping a quad now.

Plus I installed Norton's anti-Forking software on this.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5071/xboxtoaster360.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/xboxtoaster360.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Jonth
Dec 13, 2011, 07:51 PM
Hah! That is awesome sir. I like the blue LED lights.

MegaZoneXE
Dec 20, 2011, 08:12 AM
Everyone forgets about the Wii U is probably just as capable to play PSO2 as well and with its tablet- like controller, customizing, on screen menu and chat would be right there far better than ps3 and 360.
http://lh4.ggpht.com/-v0GHFP0X45g/TffG6LvYWxI/AAAAAAAAAHw/WTCxUQf8mfM/1307909965388%25255B10%25255D.jpg

NoiseHERO
Dec 20, 2011, 09:38 AM
Just stop it...

They already said consoles were going to get their own new phantasy star. :0

If they put PSO2 on consoles anyway though, then... ehn.

Dinosaur
Jan 20, 2012, 10:37 AM
Not exactly another system but something very capable of playing PSO2 correctly.

A gaming tablet with a built-in dual analog gamepad by Razer.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/projectfiona.jpg

Two shoulder buttons like you would see on a PS3 or 360 controller.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/projectfiona2.jpg

http://www.razerzone.com/projectfiona

It is to note that there are some relations between the two companies as we saw SEGA advertize the Razer NAGA mouse as the PSO2 mouse. Official connections between this gaming tablet and PSO2 sounds like it would make sense in the future.

Here is the NAGA. Looks like it would be perfect for PSO2.

http://www.razerzone.com/asset/product_gallery/razer-naga-epic-gallery1.jpg

http://corpserun.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/razernaga-jpg-thumb-640xauto-8674.png

Macman
Jan 20, 2012, 04:15 PM
It's PC only, get it through your skulls.

Also that mouse looks like some deranged sextoy sitting upright on the stand like that.

NoiseHERO
Jan 20, 2012, 04:24 PM
That has a number pad...1-12 instead of 1-9 and a 0...?

How do you input 0???

Dinosaur
Jan 20, 2012, 04:29 PM
It's PC only, get it through your skulls.

Also that mouse looks like some deranged sextoy sitting upright on the stand like that.

The tablet is made to play PC games. The mouse... they have a better looking version which happens to be Star Wars themed. I suppose you could say it actually has a PSO2 look to it as well.

http://www.ihngaming.com/images/gallery-mouse-02.png

That has a number pad...1-12 instead of 1-9 and a 0...?

How do you input 0???

You can program macros to every button on the mouse.

bakewell123
Jan 20, 2012, 07:33 PM
i would play xbox360, just for the fact my irl friends play xbox and there not pc gamers llike me, and they have clapped out laptops for college :s which i hhighly doubt will play pso2 considering they cant play minecraft. haha

Macman
Jan 21, 2012, 12:30 PM
they have clapped out laptops for college :s which i hhighly doubt will play pso2 considering they cant play minecraft. hahaI wouldn't be so sure. Minecraft is a goddamn garbage mess of code and horribly optimized.