PDA

View Full Version : I can't figure out Volt Opt for the life of me

HolyMythos
May 5, 2011, 01:47 AM
I've been playing this game since 2002. I consider myself a pretty decent PSO player. But, for some reason, I can't figure out Volt Opt's first form. Playing as a Hunter or a Ranger isn't that bad (though I do run low on mates in the first form for Androids), but for Forces, I can't do it. To be completely honest, the only way that I can beat his first form is if I either (A) get extremely lucky or (B) get enough scape dolls to where I'm basically invincible.

This is how a normal fight against Volt Opt's first form goes. Mind you I come equipped with 10 of each type of fluid and mate except tris, since I only have this problem in Normal mode (yeah, figure that one out).

Volt Opt spawns. I begin Gizonding the screens. I usually wipe out half of them by the time that the first pillars pop up. When the pillars pop up, I'm stuck with three choices; Zonde, Gizonde, Razonde. Zonde usually hits the middle pillar or a blue pillar so it's basically useless. Gizonde does a very small amount of damage to the pillars so that I can't defeat the red one by the time that I get zapped. Razonde ends up missing the red pillar unless I'm right next to it (because Razonde has horrible area) so I'm better off just using one of the other two.

When I get zapped, I obviously get paralyzed. Then I use a Sol Atomizer. Problem is that I run out of Atomizers. Then I'm forced to use the mates. Those don't last long either. When I'm out of both, there's no chance for me to heal so I die.

The biggest problem that I have is that I destroy all of the screens so I'm left with nonstop attacks from the pillars. Am I missing something? I have seriously put teeth marks into my controllers over the years from how incredibly p/o'd I get from the first form. The second form is a sinch.

Help?

chrisramar
May 5, 2011, 02:36 AM
when you get to the pillars bit one of them will have a 'red face' not blue , when you hit the red one it disables all the others , so just keep going for the red one , hope that helps

HolyMythos
May 5, 2011, 02:44 AM
I know that but it doesn't work for techs for some reason. When I hit the red pillars with Zonde it doesn't stop me from being hit. Sure, while I hit it, it gets stalled for the recoil animation. But I still get zapped. Unless I destroy the pillar, which I can't in time, it hits me.

osbourne
May 5, 2011, 02:58 AM
This is how I kill Vol Opt personally. If I'm playing a force, I completely ignore his screens because I only need to take out the towers to progress to his next form. This means I literally stand in the middle and spam razonde when the towers pop up.

My character is level 140+ and has level 30 techs so your mileage may vary.

I can suggest equipping your shield with the best lightning/ice resistance and supplementing it with a resist blizzard and resist storm. This should get you around 40-45 resistance in each area.

edit: If you're talking about difficulties below ultimate, just gift your character some mates, a mag, etc. It makes it much easier.

Splash
May 5, 2011, 06:42 AM
has level 30 techs
lulz. I'm not even going to ask.

Anyways, Vol Opt ver. 2 is a Force's nightmare since it is resistant to all Techniques for both forms and that leaves it in trouble with damaging it for an average Force. But the problem for what you are doing is that you got the approach completely wrong.

You can spam Razonde while the pillars up. And no, Razonde's range is not horrible unless it is abysmally low leveled; in fact, Razonde is the Technique with the largest range in the game. By the time you reach Mines, you should be able to get at minimum a Lv23 one guaranteed. If you are lucky, you might be able to get a Lv25 one but that's pushing it a bit; either way, a Lv23 one is suffice for being able to hit all of Vol Opt ver. 2's pillars. Even a Lv20 Razonde works (I know this for certain because my RAmarl is capable of hitting them all while in the center).

To deal with Vol Opt ver. 2's shocks and freezing, use Cure/Shock and Cure/Freeze; both of them are easily obtainable somewhere in Very Hard, if you have the section ID to find one. Using these items significantly helps ease the battle.

Screens are completely optional to hit, you don't have to attack them. In fact, it's better that you don't unless you have additional better equipment. Otherwise, this is a big no for beginners; however, screens actually help speed up the battle but this is only for people who are capable of doing the battle without problems.

If the red pillar stays standing and you don't hit it twice, it will attempt to attack you over and over again; thus the key to minimize damage is to get the red pillar down as soon as possible; you will be attacked at least once by them though, so what you want to do is take the damage and attack it immediately after you stand back up. Then you get time to heal yourself.

Combining it all, your process is just basically: attack red pillars, heal, wait, attack red pillars, heal, wait, and so forth. Time consuming, but that's one way to handle it well.

Alternatively, instead of using Techniques for doing damage, you can use weapons instead and fight it with them. Obviously an advanced tactic but it works, and with very good results.

Dongra
May 5, 2011, 11:41 AM
If I remember correctly, the damage Vol Opt takes from Gizonde is based off atp rather than mst so you should equip your highest atp weapon when spamming gizonde on the screens. This video shows how to breeze through the first form.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecWrlFuyCCs&feature=related

osbourne
May 5, 2011, 01:17 PM
lulz. I'm not even going to ask.

My support techniques are mostly level 30, but my attack techniques are all level 29 or lower. I'm using a god technique to boost them all to max. I mean, really.

Kerelon
May 5, 2011, 02:03 PM
I've been playing this game since 2002. I consider myself a pretty decent PSO player. But, for some reason, I can't figure out Volt Opt's first form. Playing as a Hunter or a Ranger isn't that bad (though I do run low on mates in the first form for Androids), but for Forces, I can't do it. To be completely honest, the only way that I can beat his first form is if I either (A) get extremely lucky or (B) get enough scape dolls to where I'm basically invincible.

This is how a normal fight against Volt Opt's first form goes. Mind you I come equipped with 10 of each type of fluid and mate except tris, since I only have this problem in Normal mode (yeah, figure that one out).

Volt Opt spawns. I begin Gizonding the screens. I usually wipe out half of them by the time that the first pillars pop up. When the pillars pop up, I'm stuck with three choices; Zonde, Gizonde, Razonde. Zonde usually hits the middle pillar or a blue pillar so it's basically useless. Gizonde does a very small amount of damage to the pillars so that I can't defeat the red one by the time that I get zapped. Razonde ends up missing the red pillar unless I'm right next to it (because Razonde has horrible area) so I'm better off just using one of the other two.

When I get zapped, I obviously get paralyzed. Then I use a Sol Atomizer. Problem is that I run out of Atomizers. Then I'm forced to use the mates. Those don't last long either. When I'm out of both, there's no chance for me to heal so I die.

The biggest problem that I have is that I destroy all of the screens so I'm left with nonstop attacks from the pillars. Am I missing something? I have seriously put teeth marks into my controllers over the years from how incredibly p/o'd I get from the first form. The second form is a sinch.

Help?

Call me an old fashioned Ranger, but I just tend to spin the camera around quickly while adjusting my own facing to locate the red face, then I rip into the pillar with my Red Handgun +50 :-P 20% extra against native, 15% extra against machine and dark attributed monsters :-) Yet despite how awesome it is, I'm still searching for something more...fitting for a Ranger. Something like a Rifle, or maybe the Red Scorpio. I'm a level 112 Ranger, so the shock tends not to do too much to me. Even against Ultimate form, I'm capable of finding the face before the shock (or what I can only assume to be a high tier Gibarta) is launched off. And as a point of reference, the shock paralysis isn't the same as regular paralysis. It can wear off over time, unlike the status that the lily monsters and the Belra's can cause

Nitro Vordex
May 5, 2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah, you can usually wait it out, but that's seven seconds you're wasting waiting for it to be over, at which point he's just going to shock or freeze you again.

Kerelon
May 5, 2011, 02:31 PM
yes, that is true as well. The only other thing I can suggest is to find yourself a Cure/Shock unit for your armour and bring it to the fight. When it gets equipped, it instantly cures the shock effect and gets you back to the fight

Nitro Vordex
May 5, 2011, 04:53 PM
If you have anything with a high efficiency against thunder (I forgot the abbreviation) you could wear that, just make sure you don't end up screwing yourself over in other stats.

HolyMythos
May 6, 2011, 01:45 PM
I was talking about just Normal mode, not any of the higher modes, because of the inability to find any weapons/armor that could aide in the battle.

But I did do a little better with just ignoring the outside screens. If I stood in the middle and cast only Razonde it didn't reach all since I only have level 1 Razonde. I could only get, at max, three pillars in one shock, but I did end up beating it with just a little bit of problems from Volt Opt 1.

Thanks guys!

joshboyd1209
May 6, 2011, 03:24 PM
If I remember correctly, the damage Vol Opt takes from Gizonde is based off atp rather than mst so you should equip your highest atp weapon when spamming gizonde on the screens. This video shows how to breeze through the first form. YouTube - PSOBB: TTF - TA, FOmar 10'37 [2/2] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecWrlFuyCCs&feature=related)
So could someone please tell me how you pull up the menus in the video(the ones where they selected stuff )? Are they even accessible in BB? Also where in BB would I find weapons for my level 6 HUmar that get me money like that(that is if you can at that level if not could you please just tell me where and at what level )?

EDIT: OH and does anyone know how to make a computer running XP 32 bit realize it is not connected to the wired connection? My computer thinks it is connected to it when the modem isn't even recognizing that it has a cable plugged in. So I'm using a wireless connection instead and it is running at 1.0 mgps to 48.0 mgps and it hasn't it 48.0 megs since I connected to it some of the most common speeds are 1.0, 2.0, 5.5, 18.0, & 24.0. And the sad thing is that I'm in the room the modem is in.

Dongra
May 6, 2011, 03:36 PM
I thought I posted how to open the quick menu in response to your post in another thread. Hold control and press the end key. As for making money, at level six you will not see much in terms of cash until you can get into the ruins safely or play in hard mode. I suggest you pick up whatever you can and sell it since that is how you will be getting most or all of your money.

joshboyd1209
May 6, 2011, 04:11 PM
I thought I posted how to open the quick menu in response to your post in another thread. Hold control and press the end key. As for making money, at level six you will not see much in terms of cash until you can get into the ruins safely or play in hard mode. I suggest you pick up whatever you can and sell it since that is how you will be getting most or all of your money.

No that was how to put stuff on the quick use bar at the bottom which by the way I'm filling up quite nicely I have a few items on it as well as Resta and Barta(and this is on my LV 6 HUmar ) any ways thanks for answering that. Now to hit a high enough level to get into the ruins without being blown up in one hit. Any suggestions for a decent level? And hard mode availibility is at level 20. Correct? As for selling stuff I'm seeing next to nothing that is decent enough to sell and by decent enough if I can find stuff it is usually something I need(good weapons, items, & etc. ) so I can't sell it(guess I won't be buying that saber+3 until hard mode or whenever if ever ).

Nitro Vordex
May 6, 2011, 05:23 PM
So could someone please tell me how you pull up the menus in the video(the ones where they selected stuff )? Are they even accessible in BB? Also where in BB would I find weapons for my level 6 HUmar that get me money like that(that is if you can at that level if not could you please just tell me where and at what level )?

EDIT: OH and does anyone know how to make a computer running XP 32 bit realize it is not connected to the wired connection? My computer thinks it is connected to it when the modem isn't even recognizing that it has a cable plugged in. So I'm using a wireless connection instead and it is running at 1.0 mgps to 48.0 mgps and it hasn't it 48.0 megs since I connected to it some of the most common speeds are 1.0, 2.0, 5.5, 18.0, & 24.0. And the sad thing is that I'm in the room the modem is in.Okay seriously. If you have an issue not related to the topic, make a new topic. Coming in and hijacking threads is ridiculous. Dongra already told you how to pull up that menu, you should really read before you post.

Kerelon
May 6, 2011, 05:37 PM

EDIT: OH and does anyone know how to make a computer running XP 32 bit realize it is not connected to the wired connection? My computer thinks it is connected to it when the modem isn't even recognizing that it has a cable plugged in. So I'm using a wireless connection instead and it is running at 1.0 mgps to 48.0 mgps and it hasn't it 48.0 megs since I connected to it some of the most common speeds are 1.0, 2.0, 5.5, 18.0, & 24.0. And the sad thing is that I'm in the room the modem is in.

Seriously, it's really starting to become a bad habit. Make your own topic and ask the questions, you can't just hijack another person's thread

Dongra
May 7, 2011, 02:49 AM
No that was how to put stuff on the quick use bar at the bottom which by the way I'm filling up quite nicely I have a few items on it as well as Resta and Barta(and this is on my LV 6 HUmar ) any ways thanks for answering that. Now to hit a high enough level to get into the ruins without being blown up in one hit. Any suggestions for a decent level? And hard mode availibility is at level 20. Correct? As for selling stuff I'm seeing next to nothing that is decent enough to sell and by decent enough if I can find stuff it is usually something I need(good weapons, items, & etc. ) so I can't sell it(guess I won't be buying that saber+3 until hard mode or whenever if ever ).
I believe I posted how to do it in another thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187513&page=2) that you asked the same question in. Anyway, the best way to know when you can handle ruins is to play through forest-mines. Chances are you will have a tough time at De Rol Le, all new players do, depending on your party. If you have a high level he will be easy but if you are looking at a party with levels around 10 or lower he will easily take you guys out. The way I judge how a new character can handle another level is on equipment at that point and how much HP I have. For example, I can handle ruins much earlier on with my Hucast than I can with a Fonewearl because the Hucast has access to better gear and much more HP. Just keep leveling up in caves and mines, keep an eye out for new gear such as brands, autoguns, busters, and lockguns, look out for armor with slots in them as well as slot units to place in them. My personal preference for slot units early game is HP units such as Digger/HP, General/HP, and, if you have the right ID, Dragon/HP. If you want you can contact me through PM if you have anything else to ask.

joshboyd1209
May 9, 2011, 07:35 PM
So what does Vol Opt form 2 look like?

AlexCraig
May 9, 2011, 08:34 PM
Form 2? or Ver. 2?

Vol Opt form 2
[spoiler-box]
http://www.shinforce.com/elite/phantasystar/psonline/wallpaper/wp_07/PSO-08-1024x768.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Vol Opt Ver.2
[spoiler-box]
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Black_Majik/PhantasyStar%20Online/PhantasyStarOnline111VolOptVersion2.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

SailorCallie1977
Jan 29, 2012, 04:00 PM
Cure/Shock should really, really help out anyone exploring Mines, especially the Casts. ;-)