PDA

View Full Version : Sega Forums

Mighty Earth Sage
May 5, 2011, 08:52 PM
when are the official forums gonna be back online?

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 5, 2011, 08:58 PM
Anywhere from now till tomorrow morning, according to them.

BIG OLAF
May 5, 2011, 09:06 PM
Anywhere from now till tomorrow morning, according to them.

So, in short: tomorrow afternoon.

:-P

Resanoca
May 5, 2011, 09:07 PM
Never. They exploded.

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 5, 2011, 09:12 PM
So, in short: tomorrow afternoon.

:-P

Most likely :p Of course, there's always that small chance they'll, you know, actually do what they say for once?

(I know, I'm not holding my breath either XD)

BIG OLAF
May 5, 2011, 09:15 PM
I'm, uh, not sure why a topic about the SEGA Forums (which pertains directly to PSU) got moved out of the PSU section of the boards, but all righty.

Most likely :p Of course, there's always that small chance they'll, you know, actually do what they say for once?

(I know, I'm not holding my breath either XD)

It's annoying, because now the thread I made for my show on Saturday is losing publicity. It's kind of aggravating.

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 5, 2011, 09:25 PM
I'm, uh, not sure why a topic about the SEGA Forums (which pertains directly to PSU) got moved out of the PSU section of the boards, but all righty.

It's annoying, because now the thread I made for my show on Saturday is losing publicity. It's kind of aggravating.

Would've been nice if they had given us a heads up in the first place...

Cleptomaniac
May 6, 2011, 10:20 AM
Would've been nice if they had given us a heads up in the first place...

There was a really big announcement on the top of the official forums the day before they took them down.

BIG OLAF
May 6, 2011, 10:25 AM
There was a really big announcement on the top of the official forums the day before they took them down.

Yes. It was kind of easy to miss, though. At least to me. Good thing I was looking. They should really make the announcement text box a color that stands out more against the background, I think. I notice a lot of people saying that they "didn't see" the announcement, or that we had "short to no notice".

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 6, 2011, 11:12 AM
Yes. It was kind of easy to miss, though. At least to me. Good thing I was looking. They should really make the announcement text box a color that stands out more against the background, I think. I notice a lot of people saying that they "didn't see" the announcement, or that we had "short to no notice".

Actually, I was just being sarcastic, I only check the official forums every few days. I do feel bad for the ppl who frequent the Sega forums though. Must be frustrating.

Cleptomaniac
May 6, 2011, 12:04 PM
Actually, I was just being sarcastic, I only check the official forums every few days. I do feel bad for the ppl who frequent the Sega forums though. Must be frustrating.

SEGA is terrible at anything it does. Anyone who thought it would be up within the 48 hours, well...

BIG OLAF
May 6, 2011, 12:15 PM
SEGA is terrible at anything it does. Anyone who thought it would be up within the 48 hours, well...

Yeah, I figured they wouldn't hold true to that. It'll be more along the lines of 60-??? hours.

Annoying, too, since my thread in the Community Event forum is now missing 3 days of publicity and possible views. Thanks a ton, SEGA.

bloodflowers
May 6, 2011, 12:15 PM
24-48 hours is now over 48 hours. This is not terribly surprising.

BIG OLAF
May 6, 2011, 12:37 PM
24-48 hours is now over 48 hours. This is not terribly surprising.

Definitely not. I knew pretty much from the get-go that it was going to be well over 48 hours for sure.

Also, in regards to your newest entry (http://psu.system11.org/blog/?p=1281), I have also noticed that the "Guardians Cash" thread made my Noob over, what, a week ago now(?), still hasn't had one comment from an admin of any sort. Good business practice, that. When the masses are displeased, what should any good government do?

Ignore them, obviously.

Powder Keg
May 6, 2011, 02:22 PM
Kind of a blessing. Not saying I don't like the forums, but damn do I spend a lot of time there....it's like being forced out of a habit, lol

BIG OLAF
May 6, 2011, 08:29 PM
Kind of a blessing. Not saying I don't like the forums, but damn do I spend a lot of time there....it's like being forced out of a habit, lol

I also wouldn't mind nearly as much, if it weren't for the fact that I'm trying to manage an event for tomorrow, and now have no access to the thread.

Also, it's now been almost three days. But, I noticed something funny. On the "Forum Downtime" page that comes up, it initially says "24-48 hours". But then, the last line of the page says "see you in a few days!". So, I'm guessing they went with the latter.

.Jack
May 6, 2011, 10:29 PM
Also, it's now been almost three days. But, I noticed something funny. On the "Forum Downtime" page that comes up, it initially says "24-48 hours". But then, the last line of the page says "see you in a few days!". So, I'm guessing they went with the latter.

When I saw that "see you in a few days" part, I kinda thought it would take longer than expected. Guess we'll have to wait and see now.. :roll:

Powder Keg
May 7, 2011, 12:44 AM
Still not up.

Wonder what'll be first, Sega forums or PSN? lol

BIG OLAF
May 7, 2011, 12:46 AM
Still not up.

Wonder what'll be first, Sega forums or PSN? lol

No idea. I like how they feel the need to not give any sort of status update on any of their pages (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) regarding the forum downtime. It's great to keep your customers/fans in the know, and all.

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 7, 2011, 01:12 AM
No idea. I like how they feel the need to not give any sort of status update on any of their pages (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) regarding the forum downtime. It's great to keep your customers/fans in the know, and all.

It's a shame that this is how they've done business for so long, since really all they're lacking is good customer support and a little advertising. If they would take the time to add even a little of both, they would be a major competitor in the market, instead of a fan supported company.

Powder Keg
May 7, 2011, 01:16 AM
They're up now. Although I don't know if it's going to remain that way or not.