PDA

View Full Version : The "Will my computer run this?" thread v1.8

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2012, 12:19 PM
I didn't get to play the alpha, but the frame rate being locked at 60FPS sounds more like vsync.
In the first alpha client, the framerate wasn't locked at 60fps, so yeah, it was likely vsync, but in both alpha clients there's no option for vsync, so it's likely that in the first alpha vsync was forced off and in the second alpha it was forced on.

cheapgunner
Mar 5, 2012, 09:22 PM
Gonna get a new desktop and this is the one I chose (Inspiron 620's Slim tower)

http://www.dell.com/us/p/desktops?~ck=mn#!facets=188145~0~12672849,52538~0~ 821509,130686~0~4569317,188144~0~12672843,51805~0~ 812582&p=1

Is the graphics card good enough or do I need to upgrade(very important since I'm gonna buy one soon if necessary)?

Mag-X
Mar 5, 2012, 09:31 PM
That's a pretty shite video card. No decent video card is going to fit into a slim case.

If you insist on buying a pre-built PC, buy one without a video card in a real case, and then add your own video card. It'll be way cheaper and way more powerful. Adding a video card is super easy.

Kion
Mar 5, 2012, 09:57 PM
My laptop has an i3, 2GB of memory and a radeon 6430M and it plays skyrim just fine at high settings. Those specs on the slim computer look like they'd be able to manage pso2 to me.

Ezodagrom
Mar 5, 2012, 10:02 PM
Gonna get a new desktop and this is the one I chose (Inspiron 620's Slim tower)

http://www.dell.com/us/p/desktops?~ck=mn#!facets=188145~0~12672849,52538~0~ 821509,130686~0~4569317,188144~0~12672843,51805~0~ 812582&p=1 (http://www.dell.com/us/p/desktops?%7Eck=mn#%21facets=188145%7E0%7E12672849, 52538%7E0%7E821509,130686%7E0%7E4569317,188144%7E0 %7E12672843,51805%7E0%7E812582&p=1)

Is the graphics card good enough or do I need to upgrade(very important since I'm gonna buy one soon if necessary)?
If you want a pre-built PC, after a quick search on newegg I found two pre-built PCs that are alot more balanced than the one you linked:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227392
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227391

Both of the PCs in that dell link have good processors, but they have really bad graphics cards. The two I linked both have weaker processors (they're quite decent, just not as good as the Core i5/i7), but they have stronger graphics cards than the dell ones.

Mag-X
Mar 5, 2012, 10:08 PM
Skyrim scales really well (it'll even run on Intel HD 3000 graphics), and PSO is pretty low end. The vast majority of modern games would not run well or at all.

Will it be able to play PSO2? Probably. Is it a good video card? No. The 6450 is not meant to be a gaming video card. It's meant for home theater PCs or a cheap upgrade to run dual monitors.

kyuuketsuki
Mar 5, 2012, 10:41 PM
My laptop has an i3, 2GB of memory and a radeon 6430M and it plays skyrim just fine at high settings. Those specs on the slim computer look like they'd be able to manage pso2 to me.
Uh huh... what are "high settings" and what resolution is that?

The 6450 in that linked Dell technically meets the alpha's minimum requirements, being around the same league as a 7800GT, so it'd probably play PSO2 fine at a lower resolution and settings. But for $600, you could do a lot better. Hell, you could get a Llano, the integrated 6550D can match the performance of a 6450.

Kion
Mar 6, 2012, 01:45 PM
720p. The auto-config set it to high and then i put them back down to medium (as in the preset not customized settings). It just seems that most people in this thread seem hell bent on graphics cards that can play the game with max settings at 1080p. I think if you can get by then that's fine; it's more a matter of cost versus performance.

Mag-X
Mar 6, 2012, 03:44 PM
We're not suggesting people go out an buy systems with dual GTX 580s. I've already said in this thread that a lot of people here are trying to overbuild, but this card is just too low spec to recommend for a new system when you can get so much more for the money.

Just because Skyrim and PSO2 will run on a really low end video card doesn't make them good cards. PSO2 is targeted at low end hardware, and Skyrim is amazingly well optimized. Many newer games wouldn't run acceptably, even at low settings, on a 6450. It's a waste of money to buy one with the intent of using it for gaming.

Tetsaru
Mar 6, 2012, 06:19 PM
Finally got settled in with my new PC! Here's what I'm using:

Case: Cooler Master HAF X w/ blue LED's
Cooling: air cooling
- 1x 230 mm bottom front intake fan
- 2x 200 mm top exhaust fans
- 1x 140 mm top rear exhaust fan
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Heatsink w/ included 120 mm fan
Monitor: Dell 20" widescreen @ 1680 x 1050 from my old Dell XPS 410 PC
Keyboard: from the old Dell
Mouse: optical mouse from the old Dell
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 (full ATX size)
CPU: Intel i5 2500K, currently @ 3.3 Ghz (factory settings)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB, not sure what speed atm
GPU: EVGA GTX 560 Ti
Hard Drives:
- Western Digital Scorpio Blue 2.5" WD1600BEVT-60ZCT1 SATA 3Gb/s 5400 RPM ~150 GB (for OS and programs)
- refurbished Seagate Barracuda 7200.12? 3.5" ST3250820AS SATA 3Gb/s 7200 RPM ~250 GB (for files and storage)
Optical/Media Drives:
- CD/DVD RW drive from old Dell
- BD/DVD RW drive from friend's old Dell
- Media card reader from old Dell
PSU: 1,000W from friend's old Dell XPS 710

Some pictures:

[spoiler-box]
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/tetsaru/New%20PC%202012/100_0456.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/tetsaru/New%20PC%202012/100_0458.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/tetsaru/New%20PC%202012/100_0454.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Window Experience Index (on a scale from 1.0 to 7.9) was 7.5 or higher in all areas except my primary hard drive, which lowered it to a 5.6. I intend to look for a SSD for my OS and programs and a better HDD for storage when I get some more money saved up, along with a few more fans and possibly a new monitor that can support 1080p.

Final Fantasy 14 ran quite smoothly on near-highest settings (keep in mind, it's poorly optimized; some settings like Ambient Occlusion automatically max out the GPU's working rate). Also, this is without any overclocking. Minecraft ran flawlessly, other than when the host server was being bogged down and the random bugs (like chunk errors) within the game itself. I haven't tested any other games yet, but I'm pretty sure this rig would easily handle PSO2 in its current state. :D

Ark22
Mar 6, 2012, 06:56 PM
How much did it cost? Looks like my friends tower.

P.S Morrigan looks sexy.

kyuuketsuki
Mar 7, 2012, 02:44 AM
Hard Drives:
- Western Digital Scorpio Blue 2.5" WD1600BEVT-60ZCT1 SATA 3Gb/s 5400 RPM ~150 GB (for OS and programs)
- refurbished Seagate Barracuda 7200.12? 3.5" ST3250820AS SATA 3Gb/s 7200 RPM ~250 GB (for files and storage)
Why on earth would you use the 5400RPM 2.5" HDD as the primary OS and program drive? That thing is gonna bog your system down anytime there's any amount of disk IO. I'd use the Barracuda until you can get an SSD in there.

Tetsaru
Mar 7, 2012, 06:21 AM
How much did it cost? Looks like my friends tower.

- Case: $180 with promo code
- Motherboard: $205
- CPU: $230
- GPU: $250
- RAM: $45
- Heatsink: $30
- 2x external 5.25" to 3.5" adapter brackets: ~$16
- 4-pin Molex to 8-pin CPU connector cable: $5

...about $961 altogether. Also, keep in mind I used a lot of components from other older computers, and most of the items I didn't have to pay shipping or tax on. I'm sure one could build a much cheaper rig, but I wanted something a bit higher-end.

P.S Morrigan looks sexy.

Always gotta have a sexy desktop. :razz:

Why on earth would you use the 5400RPM 2.5" HDD as the primary OS and program drive? That thing is gonna bog your system down anytime there's any amount of disk IO. I'd use the Barracuda until you can get an SSD in there.

Apparently I wasn't aware of each HDD's RPM speeds until my last post when I looked them up online, lol... ^^; I just left the higher capacity one for storage purposes. I'm pretty sure they're both SATA 3Gb/s instead of 6Gb/s though, and I do intend to replace them once I get some more money saved up. Right now, I'm just glad the thing works and plays my games smoothly. :wacko:

Mag-X
Mar 7, 2012, 11:42 AM
I'm pretty sure they're both SATA 3Gb/s instead of 6Gb/s though

The connection speed doesn't really mean anything with regular hard drives. They can't read or write data fast enough to take advantage of the bandwidth offered by even SATA 2's 3Gb/s (especially a 5400 RPM laptop drive.)

Neirene
Mar 8, 2012, 11:51 AM
Recently i've been in serious economic issues, however with a lot of effort I was able to build a very decent PC to run PSO2 and some other games that i'm waiting for with a budget of less than 230 US$

The system I built consists of the following components:

-Gigabyte M68MT-S2P M-ATX motherboard since I wanted a very small desktop!
-SATA2 Western Digital HDD 160 GB 5400 RPM
-Kingston DDR3 1333 memory 2x2 GB
-AMD Athlon II x2 270 "Regor" @ 3.44 ghz
-AMD Radeon 6570 1GB DDR3 VRAM
-Tacens Stella M-ATX Case with a 500W PSU
-OS Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64

With this simple specs I was able to run PSO2 at the maximum of it's quality by setting the game quality slider to the maximum of the right in the options window and using the native resolution of 1280x720/1280x1024 and I didn't suffered any slowdown at all in the both area of the alpha 2 the forest and the volcano and not even in the lobby with the 4 big plasma screens showing the intro of the game in 1080p

PSO2 it's a very nicely optimized game to run in most computers! so you don't really need to spend a lot of money in very high end components, right now are hard times and it's nessesary to buy by examining very carefully the real performance of the computer and how complex are the games that you wish to run on it in order to buy a computer just optimized for those games no more nor less that way you will be squeezing every single penny you spend to the maximum without spending more than needed ^^

kyuuketsuki
Mar 8, 2012, 09:39 PM
I fully support your post and the notion that you can easily build a cheap PC rig that could handle PSO2, except...
With this simple specs I was able to run PSO2 at the maximum of it's quality by setting the game quality slider to the maximum of the right in the options window and using the native resolution of 1280x720/1280x1024 and I didn't suffered any slowdown at all in the both area of the alpha 2 the forest and the volcano and not even in the lobby with the 4 big plasma screens showing the intro of the game in 1080p
If you're running the game at 720p or 1280x1024, then nothing is showing at 1080p. Especially not the videos showing on the in-game "plasma screens" (I rather doubt that they're supposed to be plasma screens, myself). I don't believe they even released that trailer in 1080p at all, and doesn't show at that resolution even with the game running at 1080p.

Oh, and also, I'm totally against running anything on a 5400RPM hard drive unless it's just media storage. Even if it's a HTPC or laptop.

Rei-San
Mar 8, 2012, 10:22 PM
I think I'm facing an issue. Here's my laptops specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7
VGA: NVIDIA GTX 560M / 1.5GB GDDR5
RAM: DDRIII 12GB(4GB*3)
HDD: 1TB (7200RPM)
RF: 802.11 b/g/n

As you can can see my computer is the result of a collaboration between german engineers and the satan himself to give birth is this absolute beast of this machine. But when I played Team Fortress 2 last night, it started uhh... lagging. Uhhhh.... What's... happening to my awesome computer? ^^; Please tell me it's just my connection. I want this game perfect fr pso2.

Vashyron
Mar 8, 2012, 10:39 PM
^ If you are getting frame drops in TF2 at the "highest" settings that's quite normal, it can easily get chaotic and with some of the new updates things have come to be unoptimized.

Especially not the videos showing on the in-game "plasma screens" (I rather doubt that they're supposed to be plasma screens, myself). I don't believe they even released that trailer in 1080p at all, and doesn't show at that resolution even with the game running at 1080p.

Not sure what the resolution of actual intro is since it was upscaled to 1080p, but the one used in game along with that "best characters" video is actually 512x288... Yeah.

WiZ1988
Mar 13, 2012, 04:54 PM
After some PC problems in the past week I am looking for a new computer and am willing to spend $1,000. I wish I knew how to put a computer together so I'm leaning towards prebuilt ones. I thought I had some knowledge with computers but the more I research and read on this thread the more I realize I don't know squat. I want a laptop preferably but if the price is right a desktop would work as well. I'm looking on newegg and such but just want some advice/input from people who know what I need for PSO2, I will be playing PSU on the PC until the release of PSO2. Any help would be awesome. Having trouble deciding on what to get or even what to be looking at.

Wiz

Dinosaur
Mar 13, 2012, 05:18 PM
After some PC problems in the past week I am looking for a new computer and am willing to spend $1,000. I wish I knew how to put a computer together so I'm leaning towards prebuilt ones. I thought I had some knowledge with computers but the more I research and read on this thread the more I realize I don't know squat. I want a laptop preferably but if the price is right a desktop would work as well. I'm looking on newegg and such but just want some advice/input from people who know what I need for PSO2, I will be playing PSU on the PC until the release of PSO2. Any help would be awesome. Having trouble deciding on what to get or even what to be looking at.

Wiz

FYI for $1000, you can get the best stuff.

Putting a computer together is pretty easy. All it takes is following instructions. If you built legos as a kid, you can build a computer.

If you're looking into pre-built stuff, I recommend something like this.

Neirene
Mar 13, 2012, 06:22 PM
FYI for $1000, you can get the best stuff.

Putting a computer together is pretty easy. All it takes is following instructions. If you built legos as a kid, you can build a computer.

Wiz

Dinosaur recommendation it's the best one for you! in my opinion it's really good because with only 700$ you get a very powerful AMD PC with the latests high-end components that they are offering and also you could use the extra 300$ to get a very good monitor, speakers, mouse-keyboard set, printer, etc.

And for sure you will be able to run all the latests games with the maximum quality including PSO2 of course.

Mag-X
Mar 13, 2012, 07:27 PM

Wiz

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc

http://pcpartpicker.com/

Dinosaur
Mar 14, 2012, 08:12 AM
http://pcpartpicker.com/

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/5FbU

This build is pretty optimal. It will run any game on high or ultra settings. That is, if you are willing to put together your own computer.

kyuuketsuki
Mar 14, 2012, 10:03 PM

Not a bad build, except for the AMD FX processor. I'm no Intel die-hard or anything, but those processors are demonstrably bad for gaming with their poor IPC (instructions per clock for those not versed in computer nerd jargon... basically, how much performance you get per MHz from the CPU). They're okay if you do professional work where the plethora of "cores" can make up the difference, but for a gaming rig, they're really just not good buys. Sandy Bridge (whether it's i3's, i5's, or even SB Pentiums) is really the only reasonable choice for gaming rigs at the moment.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/5FbU

This build is pretty optimal. It will run any game on high or ultra settings. That is, if you are willing to put together your own computer.
What a nifty site, I usually just comparison shop with a combination of Newegg, Amazon, maybe some Bing searches... but I'll have to try that pcpartpicker site.

The build is good too, and if you've got a grand, you can throw in a 128GB SSD into the mix for good measure and still have some change left over.

Ark22
Mar 14, 2012, 11:00 PM
If your laptop or desktop is above $300 congrats, you can play the game.

Sha Sha
Mar 14, 2012, 11:10 PM
I am planning to buy a new computer in the future for PSO2. I do prefer a laptop since the wiring in my room aka the garage, is horrible and cant even handle running my electric blanket. However if need be Ill set a desktop up on my living room table and move it every night.
I am looking towards a pre-built since my PC building skills are limited to putting in hard drives, RAM and CD/DVD readers.
So I was thinking like getting a decent desktop then upgrading it with better graphic cards and things I can install. Of course before I can start all this I need a job since I will need money... still waiting for a call best buy or sams club...
I know my poor little laptop wont run PSO2, it cant even run maple story....
now thats horrible...
I guess ill pop back once I get money to even start on this project.

Xenobia
Mar 17, 2012, 09:47 AM
Me just kinda dislike the "buy PC with bad GPU and ugrade after" part. Because what are you gonna do with the old one? Kinda wasted bucks and definitely not environment friendly...

If you have to move your PC a lot, but you still want power, then a Shuttle SFF system is a good option. Its cheaper than a laptop of equal power, but its still easy to move around, which wont be the case for any usual desktop PC. In dunno about your electricity issues however, a efficient PC system doesnt need more than 300W for gaming. 6950 is one of the most power efficient GPUs, its almost impossibe to have higher GFLOPS/W ratio.

Finally there is certain computer classes, they all got advantages and disadvantages:

Big Tower (known as ATX):
Size: 1/1
Weight: ~16 KG
Cheapest price (new device) able to play PSO 2: I would fit a own assembling because at those size range, there is no good cheap prebuild solution (i need some break now :D)
Advantage: Powerful, good power/price ratio, strong OC possible,
Disadvantage: Pretty hard to move around (it should be stationary).

Mid Tower (known as miniATX): Highest amount of possible prebuild solutions
Size: 2/3
Weight: ~10 KG
Cheapest price (new device) able to play PSO 2: ~800$
Possible solution: Nvidia (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227385)
Advantage: Lot of pow er but not as powerful such as ATX, good power/price ratio, strong OC possible (but not as easy such as ATX), easyer to move around than ATX but still rather hard to move
Disadvantage: Power and cooling capabilitys is exchanged into smaller size, so the size may come at a certain price

SFF = Small Form Factor (The only true developer of SFF Gaming Rigs seems to be Shuttle and Lian Li Mini Q):
Size: 1/3 to 1/2.
Weight: ~6 KG
Cheapest price (new device) able to play PSO 2: ~955$*** (still below 1000 and awesome SSD inside including quality RAM) Now that one is a bit complicated because people will have to get a barebone and build the stuff themself. I will make a list of necessary modules and total price. I will have to use non US sources because US support for SFF seems rather low:
Module 1: Barebone Main System ~310$ Note: SH67H7 is basically same such as H3, only difference is its design (http://www.amazon.de/SHUTTLE-Barebone-SH67H7-300Watt-Netzteil/dp/B004UC4HG2)
Module 2: CPU ~190$ (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115091&Tpk=I5%202320)
Module 3: GPU ~150$ (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161402)
Module 4: RAM ~40$ (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226191)
Module 5: SSD (able to fit OS and PSO2). ~165$ (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148442) I do recommend because nowadays HDD prices are extremely pushed up and that SSD is THE DEAL, worth it to pay a small bonus! Since those who build that SFF can freely choce!
Module 6: DVD drive ~20$ (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136240&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-CD/DVD%20Burners%20(RW%20Drives)-_-LG%20ELECTRONICS-_-27136240&AID=10440897&PID=3938566&SID=)
System: Win 7 64 Bit ~100$ (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986)
Note: May still need KB, mouse and XBox Pad, although it may add up (while on ATX it may be partially included), however, the advantage is that people can chose themself just what they want and dont pay for something they may not enjoy. For help with assembling, may ask a techie nicely... works wonders. ;)

Info: Shuttle got the better power/cm3 ratio (best of all systems), while Lian Li got even more power but it still will stay smaller than a usual miniATX (Mid Tower). In many cases those systems are almost comparable to miniATX performance but they will be more expensive. Building powerful SFF systems is for experts only because its difficult to manage power inside small size without heat issues, although its possible. (Im experienced at building it).
Advantage: Highest Power/cm3 ratio, pretty easy to move around (but not as easy such as a Laptop) , can handle powerful graphic cards who are comparable to those of bigger systems.
Disadvantage: Its pretty pricy to go small, the heat is higher than on bigger systems, so the OC capabilitys are small but a few OC is still possible. May have more noise than bigger systems dependable on load.

Laptop:
Size: Approximately ~1/10 (about equal to PS3 slim)
Weight: Approximately ~2 KG
Cheapest price (new device) able to play PSO 2: ~700$**
Possible solution: AMD with powerful GPU.°°° (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834158372)
Advantage: Smallest gaming solution possible, easyest to move around, doesnt even need a dedicated screen.
Disadvantage: Unable to provide same graphic quality, unable to provide same performance. Price of a sufficient Laptop is rather expensive (more than SFF for comparable performance). Laptop can not get any OC at all, else they usualy overheat. Rather noisy when a Laptop is at high load. Laptops are always prebuild and its hard to make any kind of tuning.

According to Newegg offers and minimum GPU specs (= GPUs fully sufficient for low detail).

**Laptop: HD 6650M or GT 540M
Laptops using those GPUs will handle it mathematically by a narrow margin, but it should be possible to play at 720P and low detail without issues. No warranty on those minimum laptop specs. I decided not to recommend systems like that because im simply not confident about.

°°°Laptop: 7690M single offer found of that class currently on Newegg. That one should run PSO2 with 99.9% success!

***All the others can use the same dedicated GPU which will 99.9% (i say 99.9%, so nobody may smack me when i make human failure) work flawlessly for low to mid detail. Will even have some headroom with those dedicated ones and they are really cheap. All systems except laptops will perform about the same (at stock speed), so the price is totaly comparable.
AMD: HD 7770 (~150$)
Nvidia: GTX 550 TI (~120$)

Note: All the OS on links provided are WIN 7 64 bit because its simply best gamer OS.

Ofc there is much more than that, but i consider those types as the main groups which got highest difference between each others. The other types are kinda trying to fit some holes between those specs, which arnt making to much sense for gaming environment.

So make your choice carefully...

Mag-X
Mar 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
Me just kinda dislike the "buy PC with bad GPU and ugrade after" part. Because what are you gonna do with the old one? Kinda wasted bucks and definitely not environment friendly...
The vast majority of pre-built systems won't have a discrete video card at all, just the integrated one.

Xenobia
Mar 17, 2012, 12:02 PM
Yeah thats true, because since middle of 2011 the SB CPUs had a integrated GPU, so its possible to pass on dedicated GPU, including onboard trash. Although, its impossible to play games with (FPS just is terrible, not fun at all). In term someone is selling a PC for gaming purposes they may implement a cheap "dedicated" GPU and those GPUs usualy are rather crappy because they want to save up cash, ofc. Although many systems got GPUs such as 560ti and 6870 which is sufficient for most games, as long as people dont play on ultra settings. Any lower than that is not advisable, and a waste of bucks.

To some extend the soon to be released Ivy Bridge CPUs will contain a integrated GPU which could be powerful enough to play PSO 2 at low settings but only 720P and the performance surely wont be satisfying, but at least it might become barely possible. Ofc thats just guessing, no one tested yet.

In numbers it would look like that for 3DMARK 11 Score performance settings (low detail) (probably closest to PSO2 needs).

Sandy Bridge 3000 GPU <750 Points
7800 GT: ~1250 = (about 5000 3D06 mark) current minimum specs for PSO 2. Based on that score its possible for 4000 but very tough. (although there is no existing score, its guessing purely based on specs).
Ivy Bridge 4000 GPU: 1500 Points x2 times faster than 3000
3850/ 8600 GTS: ~1500 Points comparable to 4000 at low detail (although there is no existing score, its guessing purely based on specs).
HD 6650M/ GT 540M: ~1600-1700 Points (~7500 3D06 mark)

Spot of "it will most likely run good": ~2500 Points (10000 3D06 mark)
Comparable to
Laptop: 7690M or 640M/460M
Desktop: 550ti or 7750 (those desktop GPUs are even about 30% ahead of the notebook GPUs).

6950 /560ti V. 448: 5500 Points ~ x3.5 times faster than 4000
7970: 7500 Points ~x1.5 times faster than 6950/560ti V. 448

So, its about 3.5 times lower FPS than a good middle class GPU for mostly affordable price. Against the 7970 beast it does lose endless bottom. Have to take into account that those dedicated GPUs are not made for low detail performance. They will scale up much higher at more demanding settings. Because they got the architecture in order to nullify a lot of ressource demand, while the integrated GPUs will be totaly overhelmed. A advantage of x10-x20 is totaly possible, dependable on settings.

If your laptop or desktop is above $300 congrats, you can play the game.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834214225

Do you mean something like that? The 4500M will perform kinda like uhm... it will handle 600 (yes, houndred) 3DMARK06, its totaly incapable to play PSO 2, nonetheless i didnt find any laptop for just above 300$ able to play PSO2. Generally on board GPUs arnt very recommended for gaming. Although you cant get something cheaper than that, its a refurbished laptop (may not work proper, who knows :D). Someone had in mind: "Intel GMA of any kind can't do much more than solitaire"

Im gonna try to find the minimum on board GPU needed, (but i doubt its useful to know, because simply to expensive).

700$ would be cheapest, i updated the previous post so i may be able to help for rather inexperienced people. 300$ is definitely not possible however.

Magitek_X
Mar 17, 2012, 02:55 PM
I would like also to know which laptop to use. Currently I can't have both a laptop and a desktop, so I have to choose having a laptop for work's sake. If anyone can recommend a laptop for this game, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'll have to wait for the Vita version.

Edit:

Would this be a good choice?

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1753820&CatId=4938

cheapgunner
Mar 17, 2012, 03:51 PM
Have kept searching and found this desktop:

http://www.frys.com/product/6403172?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Decent for pso2?

Xenobia
Mar 17, 2012, 05:00 PM
Ofc people can get something weaker than my recommendations, its theyr nightmare. (not mine) ;)

@Cheapgunner: Not recommended because you could get something better for smaller price.

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1753820&CatId=4938
I was checking out once again and i would not take it because the 610M, surprisingly is much weaker than the 540M, so i would definitely take a close look (http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html) and dont let you get fooled by "higher numbers", especially Nvidia is a true faker. :D

Ezodagrom
Mar 17, 2012, 05:45 PM
Have kept searching and found this desktop:

http://www.frys.com/product/6403172?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Decent for pso2?

300W power supply
Avoid that PC, with a weak power supply there's a risk that eventually you'll have problems.

I would like also to know which laptop to use. Currently I can't have both a laptop and a desktop, so I have to choose having a laptop for work's sake. If anyone can recommend a laptop for this game, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'll have to wait for the Vita version.

Edit:

Great processor, weak graphics card, there's more balanced laptops for that price, for example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152319

Xenobia
Mar 17, 2012, 05:57 PM
Thats depends on
1. Quality of PSU
2. Power need of GPU

Lets say, quality of PSU is good and GPU doesnt need much power (such as 7750) a 300W is sufficient. There is rarely a true general answer. The 7750 is using about 50 W only under 3D load but its able to attack a fully fledged 550TI which will consume twice the power and more heat.

Quality will always mean much more than raw numbers, those numbers cant always be trusted.

Besides, the 630M is only about 5% stronger than the 540M (according to 3D06 results), its simply close to no difference. Although you are right, the 610 is most likely not sufficient so i would pass on that, indeed. The issue however is, that a 700$ laptops using 540M may perform the same. The key is to have at least 7000 3D06 mark, that should be sufficient. I still wouldnt buy a 850$ laptop only able to surpass minimum requirement (5000 3D06 (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2725233&postcount=779)) by about ~40%, thats just to risky, because GPU may become a heavy bottleneck. Remember, the requirements arnt final yet.

Its surely difficult because laptops having strong GPUs are a very expensive matter... while on a desktop thats close to no matter, even the cheapest GPUs would perform OK. Although i just found something which might be a pretty good powerhouse for gaming purpose: 7690M for 700$... and HP usualy is a OK builder. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834158372) I will edit the main post (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2725202&postcount=777) about possible solutions. As i said, for Laptops have to check (http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html) and it need to be at least 7000 3D06, 10000+ would be perfect. Simply check out every store with possible GPU solutions who are able to meet that requirement. Hardest challenge will be to stay low on price. ;) CPU is NOT a matter because every single I5 having 2 cores is fully sufficient.

Just one thing to say about Notebook: I know close to nothing about it, but Dell is definitely crap. ;) So i would avoid... HP is usualy OK, the only true weakness they usualy got is that they seem to blob a lot with software, a clean reinstall is sometimes promising. The hardware itself is usualy outstanding price/power ratio. I do think that almost any laptop got some weak spots, so the perfect one doesnt exist. Even MAC book pro got some weakness, its theyr price (several thousand $), theyr OS, and theyr current strongest GPU is a HD 6770M which is weaker than the 7690M. So, just to say, its close to impossible to get more than that for 700$.

drmcst45
Mar 18, 2012, 12:18 PM

Edit:

I believe that would be fine. I bought this one for 699

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215245

The CPU is actually a 2.5 ghz that overclocks to 3.1. I also did not have to pay sales tax =)

I anticipate it'll run the game but nothing crazy beyond that

Xenobia
Mar 18, 2012, 12:55 PM
Just to be sure, you no need to worry about CPU because any standart I5 is 3 times faster than the minium CPU specs. Unfortunately that isnt the case for the GPUs. Those CPUs got a dynamic OC (raised multiplier of 1 to 2 times) in term only 1 core is used properly. Thats done automatically, but i would not suggest to manually OC on a laptop, the heat tolerance is just way to low. Additionally: Its not recommended to place a laptop on top of a bed or clothes without a board, because it will be harder to cool down the system under such conditions and gamer laptops can get pretty hot. I would lay down the laptop on a fitting wooden board, that board could be used everywhere.

Personally i enjoy desktop the most because i got a huge screen, which can be placed almost everywhere, but not outside home ofc. The accessoires such as KB/mouse and pad can easely be used from a long range between PC and me, so the noise from the coolers is reduced aswell because its simply not close to me. If some RL friend want to participate its aswell lot easyer because many people could sit in front of the screen without obstructed view. I would never ever use a small screen again but we all got different needs.

drmcst45
Mar 18, 2012, 04:11 PM
I plan on using the HDMI port on my laptop to display the game on my TV. Also plan on using the wireless 360 controller on my laptop as well as my wireless keyboard for chatting purposes.

kyuuketsuki
Mar 18, 2012, 04:25 PM
Just one thing to say about Notebook: I know close to nothing about it, but Dell is definitely crap. ;)
Dell makes fine notebooks.
So i would avoid... HP is usualy OK, the only true weakness they usualy got is that they seem to blob a lot with software, a clean reinstall is sometimes promising.
This is true for pretty much any brand you get.
Even MAC book pro got some weakness, its theyr price (several thousand $), theyr OS, and theyr current strongest GPU is a HD 6770M which is weaker than the 7690M
You don't get an Apple laptop for gaming.

Xenobia
Mar 18, 2012, 05:35 PM
About the Apple, yes thats true, they are more focussed toward GPGPU applications. Although i just want to say that absolutly every laptop, even the most expensive one, got some weakness.

I cant fully judge about Laptops, i once got one for another person (and made some tuning) but i never used one for myself. Im a lover of SFF system, they got the perfect shape for my needs, not to small and not to big. But i guess you are correct.

About the Dell: I know someone who once had a DELL notebook, and it kinda had so much issues with KB input and graphic interface (finally they gonna ask me about theyr issues). However, that person surely wasnt very experienced and its easy to crack down a computer when you dont know how to handle it. Still... that notebook kinda looked cheap and not well made. I know someone who got a Fujitsu Siemens and the HP i got for one of my siblings simply was more impressive from its look and feeling. One of the stuff i noticed at that HP laptop was its truly massive body, lot of metal, while the DELL was kinda lot of plastic. But thats all i can ever say... im not a laptop user. Although the people surrounding me in RL got many different laptops. :D

I even did "manipulate" some mac minis, because some ask me to do, so i kinda get my hands on almost every computer without even owning it. XD

I plan on using the HDMI port on my laptop to display the game on my TV. Also plan on using the wireless 360 controller on my laptop as well as my wireless keyboard for chatting purposes.

Sounds good.

Magitek_X
Mar 18, 2012, 09:11 PM
Ok, Xenobia. You're recommending to go for the HP Pavilion here? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834158372

If so, that definitely falls into my laptop budget.

Xenobia
Mar 19, 2012, 07:46 AM
It definitely is powerful enough, yes. No need to worry if you get that one. Although its a 1080P screen and PSO2 at 1080P even using that laptop still is bit heavy. But you could still scale down to 720P in term its bit to heavy. The only issue is that a non native screen at 720P is worse than a native screen. With some luck you may still run it at 1080P and low resolution without performance issues. Generally 1080P is advantage because its a format which is optimized for many content, more and more. The 7690M is very close to the power of a 460M (and does exceed minimum requirement by about 2 times). Just be aware, on a laptop, its not only about raw GPU power, efficiency and TDP (heat dissipation during load) is a important matter aswell. Because when such a GPU or CPU is gonna overheat, at that point the performance will be held back, since the hardware is gonna clock itself down or even getting damage. Thats why efficiency, and a massive metal body (better cooling), is a important factor on very small systems. A 460 may have about 75W TDP (very hard to pack that heat), while a 7690 got 45W TDP, which is a important improvement.

Here you can see what people are able to play using 7690M. I mean, its Crisis 2, with a resolution between 720 and 1080P, and high to very high details (~30 FPS with). He even used FRAPS which will make the matter even worse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVu6M5bgYN8
You may get a Xbox (for Windows) Pad, may work great with PSO2. So a additional KB or mouse may not be required unless for a initial input (which is easy to manage using the touchpad and its own KB).

Dinosaur
Mar 19, 2012, 12:17 PM
If you have any intent on playing Force, I highly recommend a mouse with more than 5 buttons on it.

Cephei Mordred
Mar 19, 2012, 01:31 PM
For those of us on the lower end, and thanks to certain prebuilts that I didn't have an entire say in buying having lower end PSUs, will a GT240 be adequate by release if run on lower specs?

And yes, searched the thread and only mention of 240 at all was the initial post.

Dinosaur
Mar 19, 2012, 02:07 PM
For those of us on the lower end, and thanks to certain prebuilts that I didn't have an entire say in buying having lower end PSUs, will a GT240 be adequate by release if run on lower specs?

And yes, searched the thread and only mention of 240 at all was the initial post.

Yea that card is fine.

kyuuketsuki
Mar 20, 2012, 02:48 AM
Ok, Xenobia. You're recommending to go for the HP Pavilion here? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834158372

If so, that definitely falls into my laptop budget.
That's actually a very decent laptop for the price. If you have to have a laptop, and you're looking to buy now, it's a good choice. Don't worry about the screen resolution... you could probably run PSO2 at 1080 just fine with that as long as you kept the other settings down. Most other screens in laptops that price are that horrible 1366x768 resolution that's become standard, so the 1080p screen is actually a big plus.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 20, 2012, 03:26 PM
Intel Celeron Dual Core CPU E1200 @ 1.60Ghz, 3gb RAM DDR2, windows 7 ultimate 32 bits, Geforce 9300GE

I doubt that will be any good to run this game? I will go update it but wanna know if i got ANY chance at all with this.

Dinosaur
Mar 20, 2012, 05:07 PM
Intel Celeron Dual Core CPU E1200 @ 1.60Ghz, 3gb RAM DDR2, windows 7 ultimate 32 bits, Geforce 9300GE

I doubt that will be any good to run this game? I will go update it but wanna know if i got ANY chance at all with this.

You can run it at lowest settings. Visually, it will look like PSO on crack.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 20, 2012, 05:11 PM
Well idc for that, i wanna try get in the beta and i rather dont buy a new pc just yet for that lol. Was worried mostly about my graphic card.

Ark22
Mar 20, 2012, 10:14 PM
PSO graphics was not bad. Honestly I would put my laptop at those settings because it seems cooler that way. Max settings is to mainstream for me.

Neo Flint
Mar 23, 2012, 02:34 PM
Assuming that I go with the PC version, would it be cheaper to upgrade my laptop or just by a new desktop?

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Also, can I still access the alpha at this point?

Mag-X
Mar 23, 2012, 05:24 PM
Assuming that I go with the PC version, would it be cheaper to upgrade my laptop or just by a new desktop?

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Also, can I still access the alpha at this point?

Your processor should be fine, but you'll need to tell us what GPU your laptop has. Also, as stated previously, one does not simply upgrade a laptop.

The alpha testing ended quite a while ago.

Neo Flint
Mar 23, 2012, 05:58 PM
Sorry. I forgot about that.

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Something tells me the GPU sucks though. ._.

Mag-X
Mar 23, 2012, 06:50 PM
It sucks massively, indeed.

Neo Flint
Mar 23, 2012, 07:08 PM
The word "Family" is a dead give away somehow. >_>

If the service is decent and they release this in the US (will never forgive Sega if they don't), I might save up for a Vita after all.

Kaydin
Mar 23, 2012, 07:17 PM
That's an integrated graphics processor. It's most likely soldered onto the motherboard. There's not really anything you can do to upgrade it, you're better off getting a new one.

kornkid212
Mar 23, 2012, 08:16 PM
I have a Toshiba L500-1TU laptop with:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
4GB RAM
Pentium Dual-Core T4400 @ 2.20GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4570 with 512 MB dedicated VRAM DDR3

http://pt.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/SUPPORTSECTION/discontinuedProductPage.do?service=PT&PRODUCT_ID=1082331

Do you guys think i can probably run it on medium settings or just low?

Thanks

kyuuketsuki
Mar 24, 2012, 03:40 AM
As usual, it's difficult to say for sure, but I'm guessing you're looking at low settings. Technically, that may not meet the minimum alpha specs, but there's a fair chance that it'll be playable at low settings/resolution even with hardware that isn't quite at the level of the minimum alpha specs anyway. What I'm able to find on that card with a quick search doesn't give me enough to tell if it's a bit under or right-about the level of the 7800GT (the minimum spec'd card "required" for the alpha).

No promises, however. Your best bet is to try and save up some dough before release and get a new one, if at all possible.

Mitz
Mar 26, 2012, 07:47 AM
I have a Toshiba L500-1TU laptop with:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
4GB RAM

http://pt.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/SUPPORTSECTION/discontinuedProductPage.do?service=PT&PRODUCT_ID=1082331

Do you guys think i can probably run it on medium settings or just low?

Thanks

You'll be fine for medium/low settings. Don't expect to break 40 fps though.

To the people who are looking to invest in a new laptop, and want one that can handle PSO. Please just check the graphics card listed. If you're buying something along the lines of an ultrabook, I suggest you wait a month or two and get one that lists Intel HD 4000 as opposed to Intel HD 3000. They are superior by a long shot.

Scotty T
Mar 26, 2012, 10:11 AM
Will AMD Radeon HD 6670 be enough?

Mag-X
Mar 26, 2012, 10:35 AM
Will AMD Radeon HD 6670 be enough?

Yes.
_

SELENNA
Mar 26, 2012, 02:13 PM
Probably been posted, but official minimum specs :

OS Windows XP 32bit版 日本語版
Windows Vista / 7 32bit版・64bit版 日本語版
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 以上
メモリ Windows XP:1.5GB以上
Vista/7:2GB以上
HDD空き容量 8GB以上
モニター解像度 1280×720以上
グラフィックカード NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT もしくは同クラスのグラフィックカード以上
サウンドカード DirectSound対応ボード(DirectX 9.0c以上)
DirectX® DirectX 9.0c以上
インターネット接続環境 ブロードバンド環境(ADSL・光ファイバーなど)

kyuuketsuki
Mar 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
Official minimum specs for the closed beta. They are still saying they will be different for the actual release.

Those are also identical to the minimum specs for the alpha tests, if I recall correctly.

IHeartRice
Mar 26, 2012, 02:31 PM
Didn't expect the specs to be that low, my 6 year old computer's specs that I threw away is way above those.

cheapgunner
Mar 26, 2012, 02:54 PM
Looked on newegg and found a better desktop than on my previous search:

graphics cars looks solid and the power supply a whole lot better. Thoughts?

kyuuketsuki
Mar 26, 2012, 03:53 PM

That's a fine rig that'll have no trouble running PSO2 maxed out. The CPU isn't the best, but unless you're trying to run some really demanding games you likely won't notice the difference anyway. Also, I'd recommend to get yourself an SSD if you have some leftover cash, otherwise that HDD will bog down the system a bit. But, I always say that nowadays, and of course it won't make much difference for running PSO2 (except your loading screens would be shorter).

Also, I notice in the reviews that the graphics card tends to come unseated during shipping, so if you do end up buying that and it fails to boot make sure you check that.

Merumeru
Mar 26, 2012, 04:07 PM

XD wow, that's a nice PC, but man, those reviews are scary; people getting them with parts disconnected or power supplies not working, but iBuyPower seems to be on top of it, so probably worth getting as long as they're covering these issues

X3 according to those CB specs, I should be okay with my current computer, but by the time the US release comes around, I'm sure I'll have something awesome to play with <3

r00tabaga
Mar 26, 2012, 05:18 PM
Looks like Alienware for me! I was leaning there the whole time and now I will be rewarded with an exclusive Gunslash for purchasing it during the trinity program. I wonder if there is an "overkill level" for this game like there is minimum requirement. I don't wanna waste memory and GPU if it isn't used. This will probably be my only game.

Is there any maximum specs?

kyuuketsuki
Mar 26, 2012, 09:21 PM
Since a few people have been looking at rigs in the $600-$700 range, I put together a quick build on Newegg that I feel is definitely superior to what I've seen with those:

Newegg Wish List (http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=19963086)

Now, the caveats are:

1) You have to put it together yourself (or get some computer nerd you know to do it for you).
2) There is no HDD in that build. My recommendation is to scavenge and reuse one if you can... HDD prices are just too inflated at the moment. Otherwise, you can easily add an HDD yourself. I wouldn't bother with anything over 320GB unless you really store a lot of media content (music/video). Or can find a larger capacity for the same/lower price, of course.
3)There's no optical drive. If you need one, you can add one in for less than $20.

This rig will absolutely demolish PSO2 at max settings and 1080p. It could handle BF3 at 1080p ultra settings no problem.

LiquidFriend
Mar 26, 2012, 09:38 PM
Since a few people have been looking at rigs in the $600-$700 range, I put together a quick build on Newegg that I feel is definitely superior to what I've seen with those:

Newegg Wish List (http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=19963086)

Now, the caveats are:

1) You have to put it together yourself (or get some computer nerd you know to do it for you).
2) There is no HDD in that build. My recommendation is to scavenge and reuse one if you can... HDD prices are just too inflated at the moment. Otherwise, you can easily add an HDD yourself. I wouldn't bother with anything over 320GB unless you really store a lot of media content (music/video). Or can find a larger capacity for the same/lower price, of course.
3)There's no optical drive. If you need one, you can add one in for less than $20.

This rig will absolutely demolish PSO2 at max settings and 1080p. It could handle BF3 at 1080p ultra settings no problem.

2. Unless you're working on a more limited budget, just buy a SSD as they aren't impacted by the HD inflation. Use an older drive to store videos/music/porn until other drive prices get back to normal.

SSD are more pricey, but will give you more of a performance boost.

DeathDragon2332
Mar 26, 2012, 10:56 PM
Ok do you think this rig would run it on Max settings?
AMD athlon 64 x2 5600+
6Gig ram
Windows 7 64Bit
Radeon HD 6450 1Gb DDR3

I just ask because for some reason PSU runs like shit which makes no sense because the Specs are way beyond the Recommended.

Which makes even less sense is the fact I was running Crysis on full spec with 4x AA with no lag. So WTF lol

r00tabaga
Mar 26, 2012, 11:00 PM
@kiyuuketsuki: On Craigslist I found a used Dell dimension E520 tower w/Intel Core 2 duo for $100........what kind of add-ons will I be limited to? I mean as far as PSU's, etc etc. This could be much cheaper than something new.

Ezodagrom
Mar 27, 2012, 07:22 AM
Looks like Alienware for me! I was leaning there the whole time and now I will be rewarded with an exclusive Gunslash for purchasing it during the trinity program. I wonder if there is an "overkill level" for this game like there is minimum requirement. I don't wanna waste memory and GPU if it isn't used. This will probably be my only game.

Is there any maximum specs?
If I'm not mistaken, the trinity program is exclusive to Japan.

Ok do you think this rig would run it on Max settings?
AMD athlon 64 x2 5600+
6Gig ram
Windows 7 64Bit
Radeon HD 6450 1Gb DDR3

I just ask because for some reason PSU runs like shit which makes no sense because the Specs are way beyond the Recommended.

Which makes even less sense is the fact I was running Crysis on full spec with 4x AA with no lag. So WTF lol
Wait...you can run Crysis with that? Surprising...You have a really outdated processor and a weak low-end graphics card (which is already surpassed by some recent integrated graphics).
My guess is that you'll run PSO2 at one of the lower graphics settings.

Quebe_Lae
Mar 27, 2012, 08:38 AM
Has anyone tried running it on a Mac via a virtual console?

I should mention I have the brandy new Macbook 17" version.

AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory5
2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6MB shared L3 cache
4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8GB

AnnabellaRenee87
Mar 27, 2012, 09:02 AM
Has anyone tried running it on a Mac via a virtual console?

I should mention I have the brandy new Macbook 17" version.

AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory5
2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6MB shared L3 cache
4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8GB

Unless Sega makes a MAC client then you are going to have to run it in a Windows partition using boot camp. Spec wise you should have no problems running it.

DeathDragon2332
Mar 27, 2012, 01:27 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the trinity program is exclusive to Japan.

Wait...you can run Crysis with that? Surprising...You have a really outdated processor and a weak low-end graphics card (which is already surpassed by some recent integrated graphics).
My guess is that you'll run PSO2 at one of the lower graphics settings.
Haha yeah It runs Crysis NP I might have the Card wrong... Wait it's a Radeon HD 6850 sorry.

DeathDragon2332
Mar 27, 2012, 01:28 PM
My friend as a really good laptop I could just use. Its an AMD Athlon 64 x4 2.4Gig 4 Gig DDR5 ram and 2 Gig Radeon something now sure what it is. But it runs Crysis on 3 Monitors with max settings.

kyuuketsuki
Mar 27, 2012, 01:43 PM
@kiyuuketsuki: On Craigslist I found a used Dell dimension E520 tower w/Intel Core 2 duo for $100........what kind of add-ons will I be limited to? I mean as far as PSU's, etc etc. This could be much cheaper than something new.
Um, as far as PSUs go there's no limitation asides what will fit into the case. I have no idea if it would even have a free PCIe slot for a graphics card, though it should. You would probably want to replace the PSU if you did put in a new graphics card, though, since I'm sure whatever is in there is old, low-quality, and low output. I'm really just throwing things out there, I'd have to spend some time looking up that particular model to give more detailed advice.

Haha yeah It runs Crysis NP I might have the Card wrong... Wait it's a Radeon HD 6850 sorry.
Yeah... that's a big difference. ;) Asides from something weird going on, it's quite possible that PSU ran poorly due to being bottlenecked by the old Athlon 64 CPU, whereas Crysis leans more heavily on the GPU so the poorer CPU doesn't affect it as much. I'm just guessing, though. It might've just been the fact that PSU on the PC was just really badly done and ate up more resources than it had any business doing.

Also, when you say all your setting are maxed, what do you mean? What resolution? How much antialiasing and anisotropic filtering?

Ezodagrom
Mar 27, 2012, 02:44 PM
Ah, that's a completely different graphics card, it's the same graphics card I have actually. In your case you're being really limited by your Athlon 64 X2, I have a Phenom II X4 and can play PSU at max settings with no problems, I even force 4x SSAA and 16x AF in the graphics drivers (with this I get some small framerate drops in some rare occasions, but the great majority of the time PSU stays at 60fps).

My friend as a really good laptop I could just use. Its an AMD Athlon 64 x4 2.4Gig 4 Gig DDR5 ram and 2 Gig Radeon something now sure what it is. But it runs Crysis on 3 Monitors with max settings.
Athlon 64 X4 doesn't exist, it's either an older Athlon 64 X2 or a more recent Athlon II or Phenom II.

AnnabellaRenee87
Mar 27, 2012, 04:40 PM
I wonder how this game will run in 5960x1200, anyone planning on running in Nvidia Surround or AMD Eyefinity?

DeathDragon2332
Mar 27, 2012, 09:36 PM
Ah, that's a completely different graphics card, it's the same graphics card I have actually. In your case you're being really limited by your Athlon 64 X2, I have a Phenom II X4 and can play PSU at max settings with no problems, I even force 4x SSAA and 16x AF in the graphics drivers (with this I get some small framerate drops in some rare occasions, but the great majority of the time PSU stays at 60fps).

Athlon 64 X4 doesn't exist, it's either an older Athlon 64 X2 or a more recent Athlon II or Phenom II.

Yes I messed up I meet a Phenom x4 2.4Gig.

DeathDragon2332
Mar 27, 2012, 09:37 PM
Um, as far as PSUs go there's no limitation asides what will fit into the case. I have no idea if it would even have a free PCIe slot for a graphics card, though it should. You would probably want to replace the PSU if you did put in a new graphics card, though, since I'm sure whatever is in there is old, low-quality, and low output. I'm really just throwing things out there, I'd have to spend some time looking up that particular model to give more detailed advice.

Yeah... that's a big difference. ;) Asides from something weird going on, it's quite possible that PSU ran poorly due to being bottlenecked by the old Athlon 64 CPU, whereas Crysis leans more heavily on the GPU so the poorer CPU doesn't affect it as much. I'm just guessing, though. It might've just been the fact that PSU on the PC was just really badly done and ate up more resources than it had any business doing.

Also, when you say all your setting are maxed, what do you mean? What resolution? How much antialiasing and anisotropic filtering?

For Crysis it was at 1280x1024 and It was 4 AA and not sure the AF.

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 02:09 AM
Not sure if very thread related but sorry, Many of my friend tend to have a big confusion about how hardware hardcore this game might be. I noticed the reason of them saying that, sometimes people see a game that has very futuristic designs and visuals or extremely well designed textures as something that will BADLY needs a better hardware than an average game of the same era. So everyone thought at looking at this game that it might need a great hardware? Just leaving a tip of people with not so good hardware that "Just because it looks VERY GREAT designed, doesn't mean that factor will ask you for better hardware than the average".

kyuuketsuki
Mar 28, 2012, 12:41 PM
I wonder how this game will run in 5960x1200, anyone planning on running in Nvidia Surround or AMD Eyefinity?
Unless it changes by release, you can't go above 1920x1200. You might be able to "hack" it to do a multiple monitor setup, but I would expect it to be glitchy (and the UI certainly isn't going to adjust properly).

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 02:07 PM
Unless he's using a 3D field perspective generator helmet!

Skyly
Mar 28, 2012, 04:57 PM
I also have a macbook pro 13in model 2011. Would obviously using bootcamp.

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 VRAM 384 MB

Mag-X
Mar 28, 2012, 05:10 PM
Intel
Graphics

No.
_

Mitz
Mar 28, 2012, 05:19 PM
I also have a macbook pro 13in model 2011. Would obviously using bootcamp.

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 VRAM 384 MB

Intel HD graphics 3000. Whilst not great, is sufficient to run the game at medium settings without too much framerate issues.

Skyly
Mar 28, 2012, 05:21 PM
Dam that's gay. Look like it's a custom pc. 1k MacBook Pro fail.

Skyly
Mar 28, 2012, 05:22 PM
Intel HD graphics 3000. Whilst not great, is sufficient to run the game at medium settings without too much framerate issues.

Wait. If I use boot camp to run it on videos of course.. I'll be able to?
I'm getting conflicting answers

Mitz
Mar 28, 2012, 05:31 PM
Wait. If I use boot camp to run it on videos of course.. I'll be able to?
I'm getting conflicting answers

What?

If you run the game using windows on bootcamp, you can run the game just fine on medium settings. Would've been better if you had the 15 inch model with a dedicated graphics card.

Skyly
Mar 28, 2012, 05:33 PM
What?

If you run the game using windows on bootcamp, you can run the game just fine on medium settings. Would've been better if you had the 15 inch model with a dedicated graphics card.

Nvm. Ok thanks.

AnnabellaRenee87
Mar 29, 2012, 01:02 PM
I don't know much about MACs so all I can do is offer how to guides to pages that look like they do what you want them to do.
http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/01/15/using-boot-camp-to-install-windows-7-on-your-mac-the-complete-walkthrough/

From the looks of it you would just be dual booting Windows and OSX. In theory you should be able to get the drivers for the AMD card in the MAC Book and then be good to go.

Then again, I don't own a MAC or have ever done this so you may want to look in to this or experiment and install Windows using boot camp and see how things go. From my understanding it would run at the full specs of the system as if you had a normal laptop with the same specs.

Gama
Apr 3, 2012, 11:41 AM
My lappie.

asus n53jq "and its actualy a hackintosh" but talking windows here for the game so its irrelevant

CPU Intel Core i7 740QM @ 1.73GHz "Max Turbo Frequency 2.93 GHz"
RAM 4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 425M "for a 1366x768@60Hz screen"
HDD 500 gb seagate 5400rom "sata" "probbly irrelevant"

i dont think its a bad laptop, but i couldnt run psu in max settings "laaaaaaaaaag" but i'm able to run crysis 2 at max settings with rarely some lag. and mass effect 3 with no lag at all.

my question is, will my lappie run this decently?

Xenobia
Apr 3, 2012, 01:17 PM
I cant say for sure unless i was able to run the beta and data mining its performance results. Because then i can start to calculate the impact on different hardware based on theyr performance difference.

PSU was probably running worse than Crysis 2 because its just some worse software which does leech a hardware and even provide weaker graphics than Crysis 2. Finally you have to clearly acknowledge, that the software is having a huge impact, and even the best hardware is completly powerless in front of a bad piece of software. Its possible to destroy a hardware by a very small code... which is doing nothing but calculating numbers, one of those software is called "Prime 95" and no matter how powerful the hardware, it is never sufficient.

So, i simply cant say how PSO2 will run on your PC without having real gameplay experience. As far as specs goes, your hardware is on the weakest side (close to minimum specs). Marginally, not decently, thats certain.

The most useful stuff i can say for now is to check Notebook-Benchmarks (http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html) and then take a look at 3DmarkVantage and it should have at least 5000 points to run decently. Other benches are not that useful because they can become CPU limited, so the Vantage most important.

Actually, what i can say for sure is: Your Lappie will run worse or not at all. 3000-3500 Vantage is about equal to minimum specs (7800GT) and your GPU got 2800 only.

Gama
Apr 3, 2012, 04:02 PM
ill wait for the demo and test it out. got 2992 on 3d mark though. as long as i can play it i don't really care.

ill build a pc later.

Dinosaur
Apr 3, 2012, 04:22 PM
CPU Intel Core i7 740QM @ 1.73GHz "Max Turbo Frequency 2.93 GHz"
RAM 4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 425M "for a 1366x768@60Hz screen"
HDD 500 gb seagate 5400rom "sata" "probbly irrelevant"

i dont think its a bad laptop, but i couldnt run psu in max settings "laaaaaaaaaag" but i'm able to run crysis 2 at max settings with rarely some lag. and mass effect 3 with no lag at all.

If you can run those games, you should be able to run PSO2 perfectly fine.

Gama
Apr 3, 2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the input :D

although what xenobia said is probably very realistic, it really made me feel bad -.-.

i got the notebook for for uni work "solidworks anyone?" and it handles realview quite seamlessly.

anyway i got at msi kombustor 1046 regular clock and 1276 with overclock "a safe one i don't want a new fryer" although i wont be using an oc because i don't think it would be good for the GPU.

Xenobia
Apr 3, 2012, 08:35 PM
ill wait for the demo and test it out. got 2992 on 3d mark though. as long as i can play it i don't really care.

ill build a pc later.

What kind of 3Dmark? In term its Vantage it would mean that the performance is very close to 7800GT but not any higher than that. So it would fit the minimum specs at least, but not any better than that (kind of what i said).

anyway i got at msi kombustor 1046 regular clock and 1276 with overclock "a safe one i don't want a new fryer" although i wont be using an oc because i don't think it would be good for the GPU.

I do not recommend to OC on a Lappie, they simply cant take the heat and it may destroy the hardware over time. OC is for components with a solid cooling system only, because i know what can happen. There was even fried up high end cards (many tears!) because people just was to careless... especially immature boys, they just turn the wheel till it goes boom... ;) Take into account, as long as RAM isnt raised, the effect of a OC is rather weak and barely useful. However, OC of RAM is pretty much a hit or miss, while a GPU can still be stabilized by some volt tuning.

Of course, on a machine with adequate cooling and when someone knows theyr stuff, they can make about 10-15% OC without any risk, and it will even last very long, much longer than they ever need.

Crysis 2 got lesser requirements than Crysis (1). Because Crysis 2 is mainly tuned for consoles and doesnt make use of all the PC technology. Its still a good indicator when it can run everything at max setting but i kinda doubt that your Lappie truly handle it in a smooth condition...i would be amazed.

Rizen
Apr 3, 2012, 09:24 PM
This thread will soon need to be 2.0! Then we can have all the fun throwing our numbers around!

dooby613
Apr 4, 2012, 05:04 AM
I was just looking around for info on the closed beta and bumped into the specs requirements on one of the pages and the only part I remember off the top of my head is the GPU needs to be better than 7800(old and Nvidia NOT new and AMD.

Gama
Apr 4, 2012, 05:40 AM
the overclocking is out of luck, like you said laptops werent made for oc, i wont risk it.

Mitz
Apr 4, 2012, 08:48 AM
PSU is horribly optimized for PC. It's a bad indicator of what you can and cannot run. Nowadays, big titles put more effort into optimizing their games so they can lower the spec requirement and sell it to a wider audience. PSO2 feels and plays really smooth and the optimization is a lot better than PSU. You will be able to run the game on max to near max settings excl. aliasing np.

Xenobia
Apr 4, 2012, 01:37 PM
Using a GPU equal to 7800GT? If so then Sega certainly is keeping theyr promise, and we might have the worlds first game able to play properly on min requirements. ;) Actually in term its true, its not the min requirements. Minimum does mean, the point of where it gets barely playable at minimum settings, not average nor maximum. Well, cant judge graphic now, i stimply lack any good sample. Surely, PSU was tuned that worse, it was totaly disgusting. People able to play PSU should be able to play PSO2, thats kinda true.

Guess as long as no game tests passed i wont anymore spell out matters because i got nothing to compare other than minimum specs and people who say "it plays better than PSU". Besides: "Smooth" is a individual perception and doesnt necessarely reflect the truth. Some still feel happy at choppy 20 FPS while a high end enhusiast would become a crisis. ;) What i need the most is accurate data logs.

iBOCK
Apr 4, 2012, 01:48 PM
I think I *just* made the requirements. I have Windows 7 Ultimate x86 on a Windows partition. I have 8GB of RAM but x86 only detects 2.26GB of it (which is an oddly specific number). I'll also be running some sort of game-booster software and will run this game on the lowest possible settings. I'm sure I'll just barely squeak by.

Worst-case scenario is I'll have to wait for it to come out on Vita and I'll play it then. But I really don't want to do that because I might have to wait months after the PC version comes out and I'll be so behind on everything, and I'll have missed out on events or something.

Mag-X
Apr 4, 2012, 02:17 PM
I have 8GB of RAM but x86 only detects 2.26GB of it (which is an oddly specific number).

It's 4GB maximum minus video memory. Why are you using the 32-bit version of Windows? Windows chugs on that little memory.

Also, you don't say what GPU you have. That's kind of the most important part.

Xenobia
Apr 4, 2012, 02:25 PM
32 bit is dead as of 2012, not a appropriate gamer OS. Served well till 2012 but now i think the era is finally over.

Gama
Apr 4, 2012, 02:45 PM
PSU is horribly optimized for PC. It's a bad indicator of what you can and cannot run. Nowadays, big titles put more effort into optimizing their games so they can lower the spec requirement and sell it to a wider audience. PSO2 feels and plays really smooth and the optimization is a lot better than PSU. You will be able to run the game on max to near max settings excl. aliasing np.

i dont usualy care for AA if i can use it "good" but i dont die if i dont, the key thing to me is being able to play smoothly "good framerate" something that pissed me off since psu was allot more fun with 0 frameskip and it always lagged on lvl 50 gidiga for example. "it really pissed me off"

Xenobia
Apr 4, 2012, 02:50 PM
True, even on Xbox it was so messy, i actually hated Force because theyr magic did always create a huge impact on my framerate. It did become close to unplayable when a force used even a few potent magics around me. It worked best just by having hunter and ranger but (offensive) force was just painful. Unless it was a raw supporter but those kind of players is rare stuff, its not very rewarding to be a healer.

Now when we have better software and a stronger PC, i do think there is not any disadvantage anymore and offensive forces finally are just as welcome as any other class and they can feel free to shout around with magics as much as they got. ;)

pkersinc
Apr 4, 2012, 03:28 PM
How does my laptop measure up. http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G72Gx/#specifications Could i run max or close to max with this machine?

Edit: I have 6GB RAM, 64 bit windows 7 home premium, and Intel Core Duo CPU p8700 @ 2.53 GHz 2.53 GHz

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 4, 2012, 03:36 PM
How does my laptop measure up. http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G72Gx/#specifications Could i run max or close to max with this machine?

Edit: I have 6GB RAM, 64 bit windows 7 home premium, and Intel Core Duo CPU p8700 @ 2.53 GHz 2.53 GHz

You should be fine with the medium or max settings with that.

Depends if the 260 in your laptop is anything like the desktop variant of the GTX 260.

pkersinc
Apr 4, 2012, 03:56 PM
You should be fine with the medium or max settings with that.

Depends if the 260 in your laptop is anything like the desktop variant of the GTX 260.

I wouldn't imagine its any different. Good to know my laptop can still keep up after 2 and a half years =P

Xenobia
Apr 4, 2012, 04:06 PM
Imaginations rarely true, science in that term better deal. Notebook versions are usualy lot weaker than desktop type.
Passmark: 260 GTX 1700 P, M type 260 GTX 700 P (http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+260M), which is less than half of desktop performance.

Reason simply is: Many high end GPUs would be unable to run unlocked in a laptop environment without totaly burning down and overuse the small heat and power supply-interface, just to much TDP. In order to cut down the TDP by half or even more, it will need much lesser volt. Which means it cant anymore run stable on equal MHZ. So it will have decreased clocks on several spots and in many terms even much lesser SPUs/ALUs, so the TPD can be lowered even higher.

Ok lot of tech talk lately, but i think, understanding hardware = more joy for PSO2 gameplay.

pkersinc
Apr 4, 2012, 04:18 PM
Imaginations rarely true, science in that term better deal. Notebook versions are usualy lot weaker than desktop type.
Passmark: 260 GTX 1700 P, M type 260 GTX 700 P (http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+260M), which is less than half of desktop performance.

Reason simply is: Many high end GPUs would be unable to run unlocked in a laptop environment without totaly burning down and overuse the small heat and power supply-interface, just to much TDP. In order to cut down the TDP by half or even more, it will need much lesser volt. Which means it cant anymore run stable on equal MHZ. So it will have decreased clocks on several spots and in many terms even much lesser SPUs/ALUs, so the TPD can be lowered even higher.

Ok lot of tech talk lately, but i think, understanding hardware = more joy for PSO2 gameplay.

How would i tell if it's any different?

Xenobia
Apr 4, 2012, 04:25 PM
You could basically run a vantage bench on it (basic edition is free) and then im able to tell the difference vs. a desktop 260 GTX. But its not so important, because we still dont know the real min specs. All i can say is how the card would compare vs. a 7800GT, its roughly +25%.

dooby613
Apr 4, 2012, 04:32 PM
I think it could be taken for granted that the mobile version of a gpu would be significantly weaker.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gt-650m/performance

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-680/performance

But ultimately I think it's not so important. I think you should have no problems with it still.

Mag-X
Apr 4, 2012, 05:48 PM
How would i tell if it's any different?
It is.

adonis565
Apr 4, 2012, 06:02 PM
can my computer run it

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz
CPU SPEED:
3.22 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
4 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
2.24 GB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
nvd3dum.dll
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1440x900
HARD DISK SIZE:
465.66 GB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
297.93 GB (64%)
DOWNLOAD SPEED:
2.28 MB/s (19.1 mbps)

Mag-X
Apr 4, 2012, 07:36 PM
Yes. That should run it.

The character creator/benchmark program will be out in a few hours and you can test for yourself.

Jinketsu
Apr 4, 2012, 07:44 PM
The quick answer is yes, but perhaps not at max settings.

iBOCK
Apr 4, 2012, 09:17 PM
It's 4GB maximum minus video memory. Why are you using the 32-bit version of Windows? Windows chugs on that little memory.

Also, you don't say what GPU you have. That's kind of the most important part.

That was the only version my campus sells. I can't afford to pay $200+ for a retail copy of 64-bit.

I am horrible with identifying the specifics. However, on the product page, it describes the graphics specs as:

"AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory on 2.2GHz configuration; or AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory on 2.4GHz configuration
Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory7"

I got the i5 MBP for school.

Yeah, I knew I was going to be asked "why did you get 32-bit" but it's not like I had a choice.

Mag-X
Apr 4, 2012, 09:27 PM
Windows 7 serial keys are good for both the 32-bit and 64-bit version.

You can download the 64-bit ISO from here.
http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ultimate-professional-and-home-premium/

I don't know if your key will work with the retail copies, but it works for me when I use HP OEM serial keys. I just have to activate by phone.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 5, 2012, 12:14 AM
That was the only version my campus sells. I can't afford to pay $200+ for a retail copy of 64-bit.
Why on earth would you be paying $200+?

Windows 7 Home Premium OEM $99 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986)

Mag-X
Apr 5, 2012, 09:33 AM
I'm trapped at work right now, so I can't really play with it too much, but I'm running the benchmark program on my work laptop, and it seems acceptable. It's not the best, but it works. It gets around 30 FPS on the second lowest auto graphics options at 1280x720.

Intel Core i5 2410M 2.3 GHz (It turbos up to 2.8 while running the benchmark)
6GB DDR3 1333
Intel HD 3000 Graphics

I'm really impressed with Sega. This thing runs really well.

Visions
Apr 5, 2012, 10:11 AM
Hi I have Windows XP SP3 and I cant run the character creator!, I get this screen when I run the exe.

http://i41.tinypic.com/zkqtg2.jpg

My other specs:

Intel Quad Core 2,50 GHZ
9600 GT DDR3 NVIDIA
2GB RAM

kyuuketsuki
Apr 5, 2012, 10:29 AM
Hi I have Windows XP SP3 and I cant run the character creator!, I get this screen when I run the exe.
Well, since the error is nothing but squares, it's a bit hard to guess at what the problem might be. Can you give any more details? It does say "OS" so maybe it's an OS thing, but XP should work fine as far as I know.

Visions
Apr 5, 2012, 10:35 AM
How Can I transform the squares into japanese letters?

RC_SEGA
Apr 5, 2012, 10:53 AM
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

btw I ran it on the lowest setting and at 1366 x 768 resolution.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 5, 2012, 11:04 AM

My guess is using the intregrated GPU.

How Can I transform the squares into japanese letters?
You'd have to install the Japanese language option into Windows.

RC_SEGA
Apr 5, 2012, 11:06 AM
Since I have a laptop with an integrated GPU can I upgrade the GPU? Otherwise I guess I have to just buy a new computer so I can have a GPU card right?

Merumeru
Apr 5, 2012, 11:50 AM
It seems that benchmarks don't have a proper home, so as crappy as mines is, I figure I'll put this down for everyone to put their benchmark info/questions XD

●Character Creation Demo Mini Guide (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-the-character-creator-demo-is-up-plus-mini-guide/)

●To adjust your settings:

For Peeps Confused.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/reniji/desktoplauncher.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/reniji/MainPage.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/reniji/reso.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/reniji/graphics.jpg

Rizen
Apr 5, 2012, 11:52 AM
I think mine was 4268 or something...

Edit: Correction! 4656 at 5 setting and shaders
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/RizenForce/Phantasy%20Star%20Online%202/pso22012-04-0505-23-09-08.jpg

and video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGodBPRkjfA

ThePendragon
Apr 5, 2012, 11:59 AM
Mine will probably be 5 lol

BWS-1
Apr 5, 2012, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure I understand. I mean, I know I have 2 gigs of RAM and Windows Vista 32 bits but it's either I get 187 of score with 10-25 fps during benchmark when I put ALL details to max...

... or I get a rating of 2400+ when all I do is put simple shaders, with an average a frame rate of 50-70. And the game still look fine, reminds me of PSU and PSO... with kick ass polygon count and physics.

People with 4000+, do you get steady 100 fps or something? I'm pretty surprised of how well the game performs for a score of 2400. Hell, I might cap my framerate somewhere in the 30s since I hate peaks but like it when it's not overwhelmingly spastic.

Visions
Apr 5, 2012, 12:19 PM
My guess is using the intregrated GPU.

You'd have to install the Japanese language option into Windows.

I dont understand, I installed the characters but now the squares are like this!

http://i42.tinypic.com/2lwwr6h.jpg

Yamishi
Apr 5, 2012, 12:19 PM
I got 5391 on fullscreen (1920x1080) with max settings and shaders.

Gonna do a run with minimum settings, no shaders and minimum resolution and see what I get. :D

Merumeru
Apr 5, 2012, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure I understand. I mean, I know I have 2 gigs of RAM and Windows Vista 32 bits but it's either I get 187 of score with 10-25 fps during benchmark when I put ALL details to max...

... or I get a rating of 2400+ when all I do is put simple shaders, with an average a frame rate of 50-70. And the game still look fine, reminds me of PSU and PSO... with kick ass polygon count and physics.

People with 4000+, do you get steady 100 fps or something? I'm pretty surprised of how well the game performs for a score of 2400. Hell, I might cap my framerate somewhere in the 30s since I hate peaks but like it when it's not overwhelmingly spastic.Yeah, I'm really curious about this too XD I want to know what kind of upgrading I have to do to get into the 4000+ club

Xenobia
Apr 5, 2012, 12:23 PM
Hmm i will move my stuff to this thread so we have all the benchmarks in one spot and the other pictures somewhere different, easyer to find stuff.

[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1926&pictureid=25833[/spoiler-box]

Settings:
Resolution: 720P (1080P = roughly 80-90k)
Detail: Lowest details on any spot, Full mode, Afterburner enabled (-5% total loss)

FPS: Between 200 and 550. Means its about 12 times faster than minimum requirement of 30 FPS.

Hardware:
CPU: 6 core Nehalem, HT disabled
RAM: Mushkin DDR3 stock clock
GPU: AMD Radeon 6950 at almost max OC @880/1450

[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1926&pictureid=25828[/spoiler-box]

Settings:
Resolution: 1080P
Detail: All details maxed on any spot, Windowed mode, Afterburner enabled (-10% total loss)

Hardware:
CPU: 6 core Nehalem, HT disabled
RAM: Mushkin DDR3 stock clock
GPU: AMD Radeon 6950 at Catalyst OC (limited)

[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1926&pictureid=25829[/spoiler-box]

Settings:
Resolution: 1080P
Detail: All details maxed on any spot, Windowed mode, Afterburner enabled (-10% total loss)

FPS: Between 60 and 120.

Hardware:
CPU: 6 core Nehalem, HT enabled
RAM: Mushkin DDR3 @1600 Mhz
GPU: AMD Radeon 6950 at almost max OC @880/1450

buri-chan
Apr 5, 2012, 12:26 PM
Default Settings: 5164
See spoiler for specs:
[SPOILER-box]http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5154/pso2benchmark01.jpg[/SPOILER-box]
Max (5) @ 1680:1050 Full - 1562
Med (3) @ 1680:1050 Full - 2571
Low (1)@ 1680:1050 Full - 24989
Max (5) @ 1600:900 Window - 1780
Med (3) @ 1600:900 Window - 2946
Low (1) @ 1600:900 Window - 21181
Just for fun: Low (1) @ 640:480 Window - 33351

Merumeru
Apr 5, 2012, 12:28 PM
@Xenobia: 99999! Bippidy-boppidy-boop XD that is a sweet-ass rig you got

Fatal-Killer
Apr 5, 2012, 12:28 PM
Around 10k on med without the shaders

Plummets to About 2-1k with them

Ezodagrom
Apr 5, 2012, 12:29 PM
1440x900 at max settings - 5349:
[spoiler-box]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9543/pso20120405182621000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

BWS-1
Apr 5, 2012, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I'm really curious about this too XD I want to know what kind of upgrading I have to do to get into the 4000+ club

As silly as it may sound, I'd way for after the release to consider upgrading! I was concerned with the poor performances I had for Skyrim with my machine, then came a couple patches and a couple driver updates and BAM! It made the thing pretty slick! Didn't have to spend a dime on my machine!

Though I guess since you want those sexy shaders on, you might have to do more than update drivers and wait for patches... those are really demanding settings x.X

Xenobia
Apr 5, 2012, 12:32 PM
@Xenobia: 99999! Bippidy-boppidy-boop XD that is a sweet-ass rig you got
Its a very small SFF (small form factor PC) known as "Shuttle", and is actually barely bigger than my old "fat lady" PS3. So, people see, size doesnt necessarely mean to trade off performance for. ;)

buri-chan
Apr 5, 2012, 12:34 PM
Christ do the shaders kill your score.

Wayu
Apr 5, 2012, 12:35 PM
I boast THE lowest score yet.

-Wayu

Merumeru
Apr 5, 2012, 12:35 PM
As silly as it may sound, I'd way for after the release to consider upgrading! I was concerned with the poor performances I had for Skyrim with my machine, then came a couple patches and a couple driver updates and BAM! It made the thing pretty slick! Didn't have to spend a dime on my machine!

Though I guess since you want those sexy shaders on, you might have to do more than update drivers and wait for patches... those are really demanding settings x.XX3 Hey, I'll take silly if it'll save me some meseta XD procrastinating on hardware upgrades is only beneficial in the long-term

Its a very small SFF (small form factor PC) known as "Shuttle", and is actually barely bigger than my old "fat lady" PS3. So, people see, size doesnt necessarely mean to trade off performance for. ;)
X3 sweet, thanks for the info, I had no idea about SFFs, will google-fu the crap out of them now XD

Ark22
Apr 5, 2012, 12:37 PM
I boast THE lowest score yet.

-Wayu

Don't worry I got like 1000 with every thing max, shader 5 and full screen which is about 1366x740.

But if I take of HD, it's 5000, HD looks cool and all but Gameplay>Graphics but I think mine can run this on max settings fine.

Wayu
Apr 5, 2012, 12:38 PM
What do you mean, don't worry, 158 was on LOWEST SETTINGS.

I wanna see what I get on max settings. ^^;

-Wayu

BWS-1
Apr 5, 2012, 12:39 PM
Please don't die.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 5, 2012, 12:41 PM
you really can't play -any- games with onboard graphics wayu. it sucks because they way they advertise those stupid laptops/cpu is by diverting as much attention as possible towards the cpu and ram.

still fairly sure that most of you struggling with a score of 1000 will be able to play if you turn all settings to low and play on the smallest resolution 640x400.

Xenobia
Apr 5, 2012, 12:42 PM
Christ do the shaders kill your score.
I wish i would understand this. ^^;

Ark22
Apr 5, 2012, 12:42 PM

-Wayu

*Wayu runs on max setting, game shutters, bull screen of death*

Lol make sure you take of HD mode and put your shutter down to 2-1, also change tour resolution instead of full screen mode to like 1020x600 =D That should help alot!

Also, some guy stated he got 700 but when he played with the same settings it ran fine so don't worry.

Wayu
Apr 5, 2012, 12:45 PM
I'm running benchmark in highest settings right now for lulz.

5 minutes in, here's my progress report:
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/iRathiest/pso20120406_014216_000.jpg

-Wayu

BWS-1
Apr 5, 2012, 12:48 PM

that's... wow.

•Col•
Cool. An ePeen waving thread.

Gotta say I wasn't expecting this on PSO-world. :3c

Xenobia
With no doubt the record at lowest benchmark. ;)

Wayu
Apr 5, 2012, 12:50 PM
Good thing my score's so low then. Otherwise I'd have something I shouldn't. xD

-Wayu

Xenobia
Apr 5, 2012, 12:53 PM
I kinda like your positive approach, i wish more people would be like that. I usualy have it exactly the opppsite because to much meetings with enthusiasts.

Merumeru
Apr 5, 2012, 12:53 PM
Cool. An ePeen waving thread.

Gotta say I wasn't expecting this on PSO-world. :3cAs someone who has a crappy rig who knows very little about computers and hardware, I got to say its VERY helpful to know what other people are running and what they accomplish with it XP informative wins out over epeen waving for me.

Wayu
Apr 5, 2012, 12:55 PM
Progress report: just finished the city running.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/iRathiest/pso20120406_015336_001.jpg

-Wayu

Merumeru
Apr 5, 2012, 12:56 PM
Progress report: just finished the city running.

[spoiler-box]http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/iRathiest/pso20120406_015336_001.jpg[/spoiler-box]

-Wayu
XD maybe if you take screenshots and make it an animated GIF, it'll run faster

Wish I could help, but I have zero idea on how to mod laptop graphics cards

BWS-1
Apr 5, 2012, 12:57 PM
Waaa, I lost... I swear I thought it would stick to 1.

Wayu
Apr 5, 2012, 12:59 PM
Hey look, the Rappy from PSP2i.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/iRathiest/PSO2/pso20120406_015737_002.jpg

-Wayu

BWS-1
Apr 5, 2012, 01:01 PM
O wow I never noticed! It's also the PSZ rappy! I wonder if he's a rare encounter :O

Wayu
Apr 5, 2012, 01:05 PM
PH33R M3.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/iRathiest/PSO2/pso20120406_020324_003.jpg

That took 32 minutes. o.-

0.00625 points per second.

-Wayu

spraye
Apr 5, 2012, 01:07 PM

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/iRathiest/PSO2/pso20120406_015737_002.jpg

-Wayu

have same problem wtf??? from start 1fps video (( zero usage on cpu((
my config - e6420\ gtx560\ 6gb ram\ win7x64

ps. you are masochist )))

BWS-1
That took 32 minutes. o.-

0.00625 points per second.

-Wayu

I suggest giving it a rest for an hour or two. o.O

Ioriya
I just went and did the benchmark on my 2009 desktop.

All of it was at full screen 1920x1200.

Specs:
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Core i7 920 @ 2.67Ghz
12GB RAM
GTX 285 SLI

Level 5 Setting

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/Ioriya/pso20120405_134253_000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Level 3 Setting

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/Ioriya/pso20120405_134703_000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Level 1 Setting

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/Ioriya/pso20120405_135018_000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

EDIT: Moved over here from that character thread.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 5, 2012, 01:09 PM
So....any suggestions on what to upgrade? Computers aren't my forte. This is with the Slider up to 5, mind you.

Really hope it's something other than my graphics card. I just got a new one.

Wayu....you have my utmost sympathies. ^^;

Ioriya
Apr 5, 2012, 01:10 PM
So....any suggestions on what to upgrade? Computers aren't my forte. This is with the Slider up to 5, mind you.

your cpu should be fine.

are you a Radeon fan or Nvidia?

if you want Radeon i cant help you there, but if its Nvidia go with a GTX 570

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130593

or

you can wait until the mid to mid-high tier GTX 600s come out. Preferably the GTX 670

Wayu
So....any suggestions on what to upgrade?

For me, the advice would amount to something like:

Buy a very large soldering iron, burn the computer to bits, use the scrap metal to buy a new computer.

-Wayu

Setsuna00G
The game is not that stressful which is good, got over 18k with everything max @1920x1080

[spoiler-box] http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q588/setsuna00g/pso20120405_135619_000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Neo Flint
Apr 5, 2012, 01:19 PM
The absolute BARE minimum: 247

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/Crim_Mars/Untitled.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I already post this on the wrong thread so I decided to put it here. I might have to let this game go for now since I don't want to spend too much money on a new system.

Wayu
Apr 5, 2012, 01:21 PM
Looks like this comp is fucked. xD

-Wayu

Setsuna00G
Apr 5, 2012, 01:25 PM

It is your graphics card, your CPU is very good.

Raven5_1
Apr 5, 2012, 01:26 PM
Graphics option 3
standard shader
windowed mode: about 1024*600
texture resolution: normal

[spoiler-box]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc100/Deathsheadx/pso20120405_191407_001.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Looks like i need an upgrade

spraye
Apr 5, 2012, 01:27 PM
Looks like this comp is fucked. xD

-Wayu

its 100% bug in game, i play battlefieald3 on high, not possible so lagy

Xenobia
Apr 5, 2012, 01:28 PM
As someone who has a crappy rig who knows very little about computers and hardware, I got to say its VERY helpful to know what other people are running and what they accomplish with it XP informative wins out over epeen waving for me.

Indeed:

There is always someone who is stronger and of course always someone who is weaker, most enthusiasts are more interested into scientific matters other than bragging. Toward foreign people, its useless, it doesnt reward a single cent. Toward other enthusiasts it might create a thumb up, but enthusiasts are a minority so the amount of thumb downs are more common, thats why its useless except in a environment of enthusiasts. What many people however dont realize, enthusiasts are perfectionists and they know the stuff in and out. Always striving for the maximum knowledge and trying out the max possible. They own a good pool of advanced knowledge and can be very useful. They are not responsible for inequality, but many of those are very helpful and does share theyr stuff as much as they can.

So lets run benchmarks and show the world the very interesting results.

Merumeru
Apr 5, 2012, 01:34 PM
Graphics option 3
standard shader
windowed mode: about 1024*600
texture resolution: normal

[spoiler-box]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc100/Deathsheadx/pso20120405_191407_001.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Looks like i need an upgrade
XD Oh snap, you have a Socket AM2+ Processor, I got an AM2 and was thinking about upgrading, but looks like bringing myself up to 2.7ghz or maybe even 3ghz isn't going to let me run this in high settings, damn, and I have a 8600 GT compared to your 9500 GT

XP looking like I'll need a new rig all together, but I'm glad to finally meet someone slightly PC-compatible with me <3

Setsuna00G
Apr 5, 2012, 01:37 PM
its 100% bug in game, i play battlefieald3 on high, not possible so lagy

Your problem is a bug, might be a driver issue. Wayu's problem is integrated graphics.

Or it could be a bad download if you are a playing battlefield 3 with no problems.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 5, 2012, 01:37 PM
It is your graphics card, your CPU is very good.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tJuoMDnU8Ic/Tc8KIJ1H9UI/AAAAAAAAAKE/NCUK2ccANYc/s1600/fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

I know what I'm saving for once I get a job.....dammit.

Merumeru
Apr 5, 2012, 01:39 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tJuoMDnU8Ic/Tc8KIJ1H9UI/AAAAAAAAAKE/NCUK2ccANYc/s1600/fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

I feel your pain XD I've never spent more than $150 on a graphics card before, but from the looks of it, seems that's going to have to be the case if I want pretty pictures X/

Enforcer MKV
Apr 5, 2012, 01:41 PM
I feel your pain XD I've never spent more than $150 on a graphics card before, but from the looks of it, seems that's going to have to be the case if I want pretty pictures X/

what stings is that I just got my current card under.... 3 weeks ago? looks like $110 just got wasted. x.x

Link1275
Apr 5, 2012, 01:44 PM
Hmmmm, my computer stinks. I got a 1080 on a HUmar and 1087 on a FOnewm, on the bright side I was getting on average an FPS of 30 up to 60 with no enemies on screen and very little else going on(like at the very start), however where that was on the lowest settings possible in windows mode it doesn't seem very practical.

pikachief
Apr 5, 2012, 01:46 PM
well at max settings i got an amazing score of.........

20. lol

kyuuketsuki
Apr 5, 2012, 01:46 PM
what stings is that I just got my current card under.... 3 weeks ago? looks like $110 just got wasted. x.x
What's the actual model of your card? The benchmark just lists it as 6700-series, which isn't terribly helpful.
The game is not that stressful which is good, got over 18k with everything max @1920x1080
You got a 7970 in there? o-o

Yeah, they popped up every so often in the alpha. They weren't uncommon enough that they could be called a rare spawn though.

I just went and did the benchmark on my 2009 desktop.

All of it was at full screen 1920x1200.

Specs:
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Core i7 920 @ 2.67Ghz
12GB RAM
GTX 285 SLI
Huh, I didn't think it would but maybe it does support SLI. Can't imagine you would get scores that good at that resolution on just one 285 (assuming your settings slider was at 3 or higher). Unless maybe the game heavily favors nVidia cards... which it might considering that horrid "nVidia the way it's meant to be played" splash screen that comes up.

Setsuna00G
Apr 5, 2012, 01:51 PM

just to make sure, you are running the latest drivers right? This game is optimized for Nvidia cards, so if you decide to buy another budget card I would suggest you go with the green team.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 5, 2012, 01:54 PM
6750, and yeah, updated the drivers, etc.

The second I saw Nvidia on the menu I was like "Oh, no, I knew I should have jumped ship."

Now I know I was right, it seems. ;p

Guess I'll just save and buy something down the road.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 5, 2012, 01:57 PM
Since I have a laptop with an integrated GPU can I upgrade the GPU? Otherwise I guess I have to just buy a new computer so I can have a GPU card right?
Unless you have a very unusual laptop, you cannot upgrade the GPU.

I dont understand, I installed the characters but now the squares are like this!

Umm... honestly, I dunno. If you have Japanese installed into Windows properly and it's still putting out squares, I'm not sure what the deal is.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 5, 2012, 01:58 PM

-Wayu
This is actually what I got when i tried benchmark for the first time...put it was brought to my attention that by default its at highest setting so im going to tweak it.....

Either I should get a new laptop anyway mine is bout 5 years old....

blace
Apr 5, 2012, 01:58 PM
6750, and yeah, updated the drivers, etc.

The second I saw Nvidia on the menu I was like "Oh, no, I knew I should have jumped ship."

Now I know I was right, it seems. ;p

Guess I'll just save and buy something down the road.
The GTX 560 Ti is currently $300 lower on some retail sites like newegg.

My scores are pretty promising, probably wouldn't have gotten that high with my last card my brother fried from his late night TF2 plays.
[spoiler-box]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee149/13lace/pso20120405_125331_000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Forster
Apr 5, 2012, 01:59 PM
I got a score of 3426. Have i7 2600k and GTX 580 with 6 gigs of ram.

Settings:

Slider on 5
High Resolution Textures
Standard shaders
Full screen @ 1920x1080

Silky smooth all the way through the benchmark, didn't lag once.

Worship
Apr 5, 2012, 02:01 PM
20,000+ maxed out :D

can't go wrong with an i7 and SLI 470s

lugnut360
Apr 5, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hey, sorry no screenshots for proof but heres what I got (everything at 1280x720):

Fullscreen, simple, shader 5: 12646
Fullscreen, standard, shader 2: 1737
Fullscreen, standard, shader 1: 1915

Rig:
Acer Aspire 5755G-6823 laptop
Intel Core 5-2430M: 2.4GHz Proc
NVIDIA Geforce GT540M vid card
4GB Memory

Forster
Apr 5, 2012, 02:07 PM
20,000+ maxed out :D

can't go wrong with an i7 and SLI 470s

My frame rate is locking at 60FPS (low and high), I retried the benchmark at all the lowest settings and actually got a lower score @ 2200.

Is there an option to disable vertical synch? I have it forced off on the drivers already.

Mag-X
Apr 5, 2012, 02:07 PM

That's about the score I got on my work laptop. It seemed to be playable.

It's not going to show the characters unless Windows' language is set to Japanese. XP is old and dumb.

Xenobia
Apr 5, 2012, 02:08 PM
@Ioriya
Nice score on the Level 5, however, take into account that a SLI setup can have micro judders and in term a single GPU comes close to it, its the better deal.

Setsuna00G
Apr 5, 2012, 02:09 PM
I got a score of 3426. Have i7 2600k and GTX 580 with 6 gigs of ram.

Settings:

Slider on 5
High Resolution Textures
Standard shaders
Full screen @ 1920x1080

Silky smooth all the way through the benchmark, didn't lag once.

your score should be higher, much higher.

Worship
Apr 5, 2012, 02:10 PM
My frame rate is locking at 60FPS (low and high), I retried the benchmark at all the lowest settings and actually got a lower score @ 2200.

Is there an option to disable vertical synch? I have it forced off on the drivers already.

I followed this walkthrough http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-the-character-creator-demo-is-up-plus-mini-guide/

However I don't think there is anything for vertical sync. I would keep messing around with the settings. Strange that it's locking at 60fps.

Visions
I see, well I will wait for the "International Benchmark" then.

Forster
your score should be higher, much higher.

The benchmark is locking at 60FPS for me, which I am assuming is hurting my score. It never budges from 60FPS period.

Xenobia
Apr 5, 2012, 02:14 PM
A benchmark have to be run unlocked (do not lock the FPS!), else you cant test its max capabilities and it becomes kinda useless.

Setsuna00G
Apr 5, 2012, 02:14 PM
The benchmark is locking at 60FPS for me, which I am assuming is hurting my score. It never budges from 60FPS period.

That is odd, sounds like V-sync. Did you force v-sync from the nvidia control panel?

Xenobia
Apr 5, 2012, 02:16 PM
The benchmark doesnt V-sync, its probably a driver setting.

Mitz
Apr 5, 2012, 02:24 PM

Lower the resolution, but its the integrated graphics that's throttling you.

Worst comes to worst, and you don't have money to fully upgrade and you can't really play the game then try looking into an external grapics card for laptops.

Yamishi
Apr 5, 2012, 02:26 PM
Just ran the benchmark on my laptop (integrated graphics) with max settings, full screen at 1366x768 with shaders on simple. Got 5841.

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

Merumeru
Apr 5, 2012, 02:27 PM
Just ran the benchmark on my laptop (integrated graphics) with max settings, full screen at 1366x768 with shaders on simple. Got 5841.

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpgXD Gunna need a screenshot and/or specs, I'm interested <3

Forster
Apr 5, 2012, 02:29 PM
I figured it out, apparently EVGA Precision was forcing V-Sync.

Max settings @ 1080P
http://i.imgur.com/kwISfl.jpg (http://imgur.com/kwISf)

Lowest settings @ 1080P
http://i.imgur.com/l9vetl.jpg (http://imgur.com/l9vet)

Mitz
Apr 5, 2012, 02:32 PM
Guys who are getting over 5k with max settings; what is your system setup?

Second-to-lowest settings at 720p I hit 1435 so it's obvious I'll need to upgrade for the best experience. But I wanna calculate a budget.

Setsuna00G
Apr 5, 2012, 02:32 PM

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

Do you have an APU in your laptop?

Triple_S
Apr 5, 2012, 02:34 PM
Here's my score at max settings.

Not bad, really. My CPU speed is lower than it should be though... might be from when I was trying to find the source of my computer crashing (it was actually a driver issue).

Ryo
Apr 5, 2012, 02:38 PM
Here's my score at max settings.

Not bad, really. My CPU speed is lower than it should be though... might be from when I was trying to find the source of my computer crashing (it was actually a driver issue).

Wow! How'd you get that high? I have a very similar config and get 1K+ lower than that!

Anon_Fire
Apr 5, 2012, 02:41 PM
Here's mine done in full-screen.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww353/anon_fire/pso20120405_075822_000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 5, 2012, 02:44 PM
I only have 1 GB of ram (can go up to two) in my laptop so im not expecting much when i lower the resolution lol

Ezodagrom
On my sister's PC, 1440x900, preset 3 - 3330:
[spoiler-box]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1098/pso20120405204125000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Here's mine at default settings.

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27885171/pso20120405_153009_006.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Just taken today.

Setsuna00G
Apr 5, 2012, 02:45 PM
Here's mine done in full-screen.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww353/anon_fire/pso20120405_075822_000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

lol

@Fujiko: nice, but how did you get 5 gigs of ram?

Macman
Apr 5, 2012, 02:46 PM
My machine is ready.

1680 x 1050
Preset 5 (high)

My GPU fans sure were going loud, though.

[spoiler-box]http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/MacmanReturnsAgain/PhantasyStarOnline/pso20120405_151129_001.jpg[/spoiler-box]

dooby613
Apr 5, 2012, 02:48 PM
5-2228

3-3501

1-24165

That's with a GTX 550 ti and i5 760.

I think the difference at the lowest setting looks really crazy. I'll probably play it maxed out anyways though.

Macman
Apr 5, 2012, 02:51 PM
I just hope there's a frame limiter on the final client.
I wasn't feeling too comfortable at how loud my fans were whirring, but my benchmark was running between 80-110 FPS.
Limiting it to 60 might alleviate it a bit.

pikachief
Apr 5, 2012, 02:52 PM
well at max settings i got an amazing score of.........

20. lol

Lowest settings I'm getting a 326 :D

Forster
Apr 5, 2012, 02:57 PM
lol

@Fujiko: nice, but how did you get 5 gigs of ram?

I dedicated some to Windows using MSCONFIG, restoring my full amount of RAM, my score jumped up over 2200 points.

@1080P Slider on 5, highest settings
http://i.imgur.com/eRaICl.jpg

Link1275
Apr 5, 2012, 03:01 PM
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3(build 2600)
AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1300
1791MB
ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics
ati2dvag.dll 6.14.10.6860
These are the specs that the CC gave me. Does anyone know what needs improvement to be able to run this piece of junk on the lowest settings without any lag?

Setsuna00G
Apr 5, 2012, 03:08 PM
I dedicated some to Windows using MSCONFIG, restoring my full amount of RAM, my score jumped up over 2200 points.

That is the score i was looking for, it is around the same score as mine with my video card @stock

Mikedot
Apr 5, 2012, 03:15 PM
Well I get 10000+ with everything set on max and I'm very happy for that, but does anyone have any advice on getting a good framerate while using a recording program? I'm using Bandicam and it really brings my score down a lot. (around 2000)
I want to aim for 5000+ when recording.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), OC'd @ ~3.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM ( 8GB )
2x MSI N460GTX HAWK (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460) running in SLi (Running at stock speeds)
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Forster
Apr 5, 2012, 03:22 PM
Well I get 10000+ with everything set on max and I'm very happy for that, but does anyone have any advice on getting a good framerate while using a recording program? I'm using Bandicam and it really brings my score down a lot. (around 2000)

I use PlayClaw for my recording, always had great FPS with it, everything else I tried always tanked my FPS.

Anon_Fire
Apr 5, 2012, 03:23 PM
Window-mode

Still didn't turn out the way I'd hoped.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww353/anon_fire/pso20120405_131318_001.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Any recommended upgrades?

Setsuna00G
Apr 5, 2012, 03:30 PM
I just under clock my card to reference HD 7950 clock speeds and the game does not seem to favor Nvidia cards like other games that are optimized for Nvidia, so far it seems to be balanced.

Mikedot
Apr 5, 2012, 03:32 PM
I use PlayClaw for my recording, always had great FPS with it, everything else I tried always tanked my FPS.

Ah, sounds good. I recently just switched from FRAPS to Bandicam about a week ago. FRAPS worked well enough for me, but I didn't like how much space it took for recording raw footage. How well does PlayClaw handle filesizes?

Skye-Fox713
Apr 5, 2012, 03:40 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Ghost713/PSO2_benchmark.jpg

Ok...

Windowed @ 1366*768
8 gig's of ram
Shader complexity @ 3
HD + High settings.

I believe my FPS was fluctuating between ~85 to 120 fps with about a 100 fps average. I forgot to get a screen cap of it but while recording I think I got about 2.3k on the result.

Here's a second one. Same settings except for this time it was Fullscreen.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Ghost713/pso22012-04-0515-48-18-51.jpg

onigawara
Apr 5, 2012, 03:40 PM
here's mine @1080p full screen ,Slider 5,all settings maxed

[SPOILER-BOX]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/470200_10150762920471136_592316135_11704268_217077 944_o.jpg

Renders Really nice plus as u can notice fps isnt half bad

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/410925_10150762920346136_592316135_11704267_105481 5358_o.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/474705_10150762920166136_592316135_11704265_180679 2605_o.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

can't wait for beta ;)

Forster
Apr 5, 2012, 03:47 PM
Ah, sounds good. I recently just switched from FRAPS to Bandicam about a week ago. FRAPS worked well enough for me, but I didn't like how much space it took for recording raw footage. How well does PlayClaw handle filesizes?
It gives you the option of high, low or no file compression.

If I remember right I was doing 1080p 60fps capture on high compression with 10-20 minute clips. File size was about 4-5gbs... smaller if you don't do full size capture and lower framerate.

Mag-X
Apr 5, 2012, 03:53 PM
1791MB
ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics
These are the specs that the CC gave me. Does anyone know what needs improvement to be able to run this piece of junk on the lowest settings without any lag?

All of it. Seriously.

Xenobia
Apr 5, 2012, 03:59 PM
Have to to make insane compression, because when leaving non compressed it will have like 1 GB size in 30 seconds. At 50% MPEG compression there is already a lot of details lost but only 20% filesize. However, 60 FPS is to much, 30 would be sufficient.

Mitz
Apr 5, 2012, 04:04 PM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), OC'd @ ~3.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM ( 8GB )
2x MSI N460GTX HAWK (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460) running in SLi (Running at stock speeds)
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

SSD up.

Mikedot
Apr 5, 2012, 04:07 PM
I was thinking about getting an SSD recently... Could you recommend me a good one for around $150?

Zyrusticae
Apr 5, 2012, 04:08 PM
I find it very odd that some folks report higher FPS in windowed mode. That was definitely not the case for me...

Note: My CPU is overclocked to 4.5 GHz. Oh, and the screens don't mention the fact that I have two 560s, for some reason.
Graphics at 5 (maximum), HD and standard shaders enabled.

Windowed mode:
[spoiler-box]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2764/pso20120405153131000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Fullscreen mode:
[spoiler-box]
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1403/pso20120405152807002.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Mitz
Apr 5, 2012, 04:09 PM
1791MB
ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics

Sorry, you won't play PSO2 with any kind of satisfaction using that setup. No sense upgrading any of it either. If you get a new graphics card, the rest of your pc will still throttle you. You're going to have to get a new motherboard, processor, memory and video card at LEAST. And probably power supply as well.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 5, 2012, 04:23 PM
Lower the resolution, but its the integrated graphics that's throttling you.

Worst comes to worst, and you don't have money to fully upgrade and you can't really play the game then try looking into an external grapics card for laptops.

this is a really cool and interesting alternative however i don't think it's very easy to do.

if you google external graphic card for laptops there's this huge ass old thread about it though. it sucks because only certain types of laptops can do it. and among those that can, some get throttled.

so unless you're lucky chances are high you won't be able to go down the ext. gfx card path, but you can still research and try.

it should be MUCH much cheaper than buying a new computer, since honestly all you would really need is a new gfx card.

even then though, i'm pretty sure you could get a computer at the 500 range that could play pso2 near perfectly, but you'd have to shop very wisely, or learn to build it yourself.

Link1275
Apr 5, 2012, 04:24 PM
Sorry, you won't play PSO2 with any kind of satisfaction using that setup. No sense upgrading any of it either. If you get a new graphics card, the rest of your pc will still throttle you. You're going to have to get a new motherboard, processor, memory and video card at LEAST. And probably power supply as well.
All right thanks for letting me know that when I go out and get a computer in about 3 years from now I should be able to play PSO2(I'd get one now, but I don't have the cash and this one's going to be gone in 3 years for certain as it belongs to my school, which I will be graduating from in 3 years in theory).

SuKKrl
Apr 5, 2012, 04:28 PM
Runs pretty well here. Did all the tests with some stuff I normally use while gaming on the pc open. Cpu overclocked to 4.3ghz. Memory on 800mhz (1600), single channel.

Run 1 (1440x900 - shader 5 windowed):
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3127/pso2shader51440x900.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Run 2 (1680x1050 - shader 5 fullscreen):
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/9664/pso20120405182205000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Randomness
Apr 5, 2012, 04:31 PM
1662 on max settings at 1280x720 resolution, windowed.
1140 fullscreen (Since this greys out resolution, it probably went to my desktop resolution of 1600x900, because there's no other reason for the score to drop like that)

Yeah, I think my laptop can handle this.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 5, 2012, 04:34 PM
I was thinking about getting an SSD recently... Could you recommend me a good one for around $150?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220624&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL040512&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL040512-_-EMC-040512-Latest-_-SSD-_-20220624-L03A
I find it very odd that some folks report higher FPS in windowed mode. That was definitely not the case for me...
In my experience this morning, I'm pretty sure I also got a better score in windowed mode. I dunno why the hell they removed the borderless window option. Need to make sure to suggest they add it back during the closed beta.
Note: My CPU is overclocked to 4.5 GHz. Oh, and the screens don't mention the fact that I have two 560s, for some reason.
Most things that take system specs only report stock clocks, not the actual real-time frequency. Also, for Radeon cards it doesn't even report the actual model, just gives xxxx-series, so I'm not surprised it doesn't recognize multi-GPU. I am surprised it seems to support multi-GPU, though, as your score is too high at max settings for it to be running on just one 560.

Merumeru
Apr 5, 2012, 04:47 PM
Didn't see this anywhere; Does the character creator run on Windows 8? X3

kyuuketsuki
Apr 5, 2012, 04:50 PM
even then though, i'm pretty sure you could get a computer at the 500 range that could play pso2 near perfectly, but you'd have to shop very wisely, or learn to build it yourself.
There are laptops in the $500-600 range with dedicated graphics that could handle the game at low-mid settings and a lower resolution (which any laptop in that dollar range will have a crappy 768p screen anyway). I'm actually curious to see what kind of scores a laptop with Llano would get. Unfortunately, doesn't seem like anyone 'round these parts has one.

Randomness
Apr 5, 2012, 04:56 PM
I suspect the fullscreen mode uses your desktop resolution or something, which means it might perform worse than windowed if the difference in resolutions is big enough.

IHeartRice
Apr 5, 2012, 04:57 PM
Going through some of the screenshots, it seems like the benchmark scores much higher with nVidia cards. It reminds me that I have to go green next time I get a new GPU.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 5, 2012, 05:02 PM
Going through some of the screenshots, it seems like the benchmark scores much higher with nVidia cards. It reminds me that I have to go green next time I get a new GPU.
Choosing your GPU based on a single game is silly unless that's really the only game you're planning on playing. And PSO2 isn't demanding enough to really worry about nVidia vs. AMD if you're getting any current mid-to-high range GPUs. Also, I prefer to not support optimizing heavily for one brand vs. another.

Mag-X
Apr 5, 2012, 05:04 PM
Didn't see this anywhere; Does the character creator run on Windows 8? X3

Anything that runs on Windows 7 should work on Windows 8. I can't really test it though, as the only Windows 8 machine I have is running a Core 2 Solo Celeron and Intel GMA graphics.

Rizen
Apr 5, 2012, 05:04 PM
What I don't get is how people who have similar or lower specs than I do get about 7k+ more than me. Maybe there's something wrong with my settings on my computer...

Not trying to make this a competition, but I would like to see my numbers increase a bit more. ^^;