PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me this?

andrewrew
May 10, 2011, 09:24 AM
Why the hell are people such jerks on these forums. I had moments where I'm asking a simple question and people just reply rudely for no reason. I'm just wondering.

yoshiblue
May 10, 2011, 09:44 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]Though I can't tell you why, I can tell you that these forums aren't as bad as some others like Mir2(Horribad community) and Mabinogi (Alot of stuck up people and elitist).[/SPOILER-BOX]

Excuse me if I broke any rules. lol

Wayu
May 10, 2011, 09:59 AM
You're not supposed to talk smack about other forums methinks.

As for the male genitalia thing, it's just personal conduct and how you view that conduct...but before accusing others always, always look at yourself first.

-Wayu

andrewrew
May 10, 2011, 10:19 AM
Okay, here's an example.
I ask what's a good way to lvl and people just give me rude answers, like just play the god damn game and stuff. It's just not needed.

RenzokukenZ
May 10, 2011, 10:19 AM
Because they can be, to an extent. Mostly just for the hell of it, but often times its a decent and knowledgeable response with a rude undertone.

Then there's the notion of 'stupid/rude questions get stupid/rude responses.' That seems to be the case a majority of the time.

Randomness
May 10, 2011, 10:24 AM
The internet (more specifically, anonymity) makes people jerks.

ShinMaruku
May 10, 2011, 10:27 AM
Nah people are jerks most times just in person they are too pussy to be a jerk.
That said ignore the jerk people they lack fiber.

Chukie sue
May 10, 2011, 11:02 AM
Write a strongly worded letter to each one of them.

Reikoku na kuma
May 10, 2011, 12:17 PM
That said ignore the jerk people they lack fiber.

AMEN!

MESeele
May 10, 2011, 12:35 PM
The internet (more specifically, anonymity) makes people jerks.

Indeed, it can usually be boiled down to the lure of anonymous. Who we are in the dark, so to speak. If you knew that there would be absolutely no negative consequences for stealing something, or raping someone, how many of us would yield by moral fiber alone? It only inconveniences others, and will not effect me, so why should I not take what I want? (many people would be aghast at the thought of this, but how far down do these thoughts really go? That is merely the surface. How many people actually consider it? Scary thought.)

Same thing here. People feel like nobody can come after them, that nothing bad can happen as a result of their actions. Since most people can't speak their mind in real life without being afraid of the inevitable stick that will rise against them, they come here. What better place to come than here, where I can say whatever I want and you just have to deal with it? To summarize, in the dark, humans are bastards. Sad but true. I'm afraid you'll simply have to find people better than this; a tight nit group that you get along with, or you'll simply have to learn to deal with it.

May not be comforting, but I hope this helps.

Split
May 10, 2011, 12:57 PM
That said ignore the jerk people they lack fiber.Yeah. Jerks don't eat their legumes, they get constipated all the time.

...:wacko:

Delete
May 10, 2011, 01:07 PM
Good question, I think it has something to do with reaching 1000 posts. When I hit that, I got a little more respect.

All jokes aside, I dunno. Some people are just noobs.

Nitro Vordex
May 10, 2011, 01:35 PM
Isn't it ironic that by calling people out you're making yourself look like a jerk in the process?

And obviously that example was directed at me. I told you to play the game, because that's how you level. You're not gonna get shortcuts every where you go, and if you don't like a straightforward answer, then don't ask questions.

ashley50
May 10, 2011, 03:29 PM
Where's the Like button, for the post above?

McLaughlin
May 10, 2011, 05:15 PM
I find it somewhat ironic you're complaining about jerks while insulting the entire forum userbase.

Edit: Shoulda read all the replies before I essentially regurgitated Nitro's reply.

Tyreek
May 10, 2011, 05:34 PM
This is about to go nowhere really quick. And possibly re-routed to Rants.

Kent
May 10, 2011, 05:56 PM
Okay, here's an example.
I ask what's a good way to lvl and people just give me rude answers, like just play the god damn game and stuff. It's just not needed.
I guess to be fair, that is how you level up best - by just playing the game normally.

Run through dungeons, kill things, gather loot, get EXP in the process.

Dhylec
May 10, 2011, 07:10 PM
If you have problem with certain posts or users, report or PM the mods to have things sorted out. Do not make a topic talking about that. We don't need anymore bad blood & negativity than needed.