PDA

View Full Version : GC Multimode Question

Alyssin
May 10, 2011, 02:04 PM
Hello everyone on this amazingly wonderful site. I recently started playing the GC version of PSO again offline. I'm wondering how drops are decided in Multimode. I have a Redria and I'm in need of an Evade Material. I was going to use a Greenill to drop one from a Chaos Sorcerer in the Ruins but I'm wondering if I could put a Greenill in Multimode and just kill everything with my already leveled Redria yet still drop the Evade Material that I'm looking for.

Orange_Coconut
May 10, 2011, 02:14 PM
I would assume that it would work the way that it worked in the online mode. As in, whoever starts the party will technically have the drops. I'm not entirely sure, though, as it's been a long time since I've played this game myself (and I, too, have just recently picked it up again).

If I'm incorrect, someone will be quick to point it out, I'm sure. So for now, I'd go along with the logic that whoever is the first player selected is the one with the drop chart for the game. My apologies if my answer is not as concrete as you might like, but that would be my best guess for the situation.

Alyssin
May 10, 2011, 02:20 PM
In which case I'd have to run the Greenill to the Ruins to take advantage of the easy drop. Bummer haha.

Orange_Coconut
May 10, 2011, 02:27 PM
Ouch, yeah. Well, my guess is mere speculation based on how the online games worked, so I could be very wrong. If I remember correctly, though, doesn't the first player selected also have the areas open that were saved to his/her respective game? I can't remember, to be honest; I don't have anyone to play this game with anymore, haha.

Well, good luck finding your evade material at least. Let me know how it turns out. One way of finding out if I'm correct or not is looking at the drop charts here on PSOW and, if you find a "rare" drop in normal mode comparing the IDs to see which one you're playing under:

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php

That breaks the drops charts down into several categories, including section ID drops. So if you find anything special you'll know which ID your game has taken. Of course, that really relies on finding a rare enemy and getting the rare drop for that enemy in most cases. Regardless, good luck on hunting your Evade Material!

Niloklives
May 10, 2011, 06:50 PM
Drops in offline multi are indeed based on the leader.

MESeele
May 10, 2011, 07:09 PM
^ I vouch for this. Due to horrid internet and having 3 friends in the vicinity with the game, offline multi was our staple anyway. We often chose the leader just for the availability of certain drops.

Alyssin
May 10, 2011, 10:54 PM
Thank you everyone. I just ran a greenill hunter to the ruins on Normal and dropped what I needed rather quickly. After doing so I started dropping multiple Evade Materials from monsters in the forest on Hard with my Redria, I even got one from a box. I almost cried.