PDA

View Full Version : How will Section IDs effect the PSO2 economy i.e. meseta in your pocket!

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 03:35 PM
Scenario example: Greenil and Skyly are the only IDs that can find the newly released most desirable 10* rifle. A few players other than the aforementioned IDs acquire the rifle by association. They start depositing the rifles into their shops because they only have use for one, thus creating a rich and a poor society based solely on Identification.

Could this really happen when you mix two different game ideas (PSO/PSU), players shops and sec. IDs? Or do we trust that Sega will provide prompt updates and a balanced sec. ID/class system, making this irrelevant?

Or if you think I'm being paranoid just tell me I'm being paranoid.

RemiusTA
May 11, 2011, 03:41 PM
Rifles are specific to only half of the classes in the game. That's a temporary advantage.

If that scenario was to happen with a 10* rifle, then it's simultaneously happening with a 10* sword, saber, twin saber, handgun, twin handgun, ect ect ect.

And this would only really happen if Sega was stupid and decided to spoon feed us weapons again. If they released equally powerful weapons in equal quantities, then this could easily be avoided. But seeing as a 10* rifle would only benefit higher-leveled classes that can find them and then use them (the pure ranger classes), then it would barely put a dent on the economy as a whole.

They just have to make sure the drops are equal for each race. If one doesn't get alot of good weapons, then they should get good armors. If one doesn't get good armors OR weapons, they need good accessories. If one doesn't get good ANY of that stuff, then they need valuable consumables (mats, technique disks, grinders).

That way, everyone will have their own edge in the market, and will still be able to acquire what they need.

Niloklives
May 11, 2011, 03:42 PM
you're paranoid

Fixed

Orange_Coconut
May 11, 2011, 03:47 PM
Well, we don't even know if Section IDs will be back in PSO2. If Section IDs do come back, we don't even know if/how they'll be different. Let's say that they have the same IDs and the same sorts of deals (i.e. Pinkal finds wands & staves more often than other IDs, etc), then it would be a pretty flawed system. Having it so that each ID separates the likelihood of weapon type drops isn't the best way to go because, at least in the previous games, there are usually certain weapon types that end up being overall better than others.

However, I will assume you're talking about how Section IDs will affect the game/economy if Section IDs are as lopsided as they were in PSO, in which case I would say there is most definitely reason for worrying to some degree. Unless they balance out the drop charts so that each ID has a unique drop that will be worth farming, or unless they have certain weapons available to a good amount of IDs at reasonable drops, there is a possibility that certain IDs will be much "better" than others.

Basically, if SEGA includes Section IDs and doesn't implement them correctly, they alone could very well break the game.

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 04:14 PM
Fixed

lol yeah that's what I got from it.

But I'm trying to raise a bigger issue here, sec. IDs worked in PSO because everything was already released and in place. Already balanced a head of time accordingly.

Sega will try and draw more players with new events, new weapons and there is a very plausibly chance that we will get "spoon fed".

On the other hand we still don't know what power sec. IDs hold in this game, maybe it's wider variety of weapons. I sure hope I won't have to change my name because I'm unhappy with the sec. ID.

Edit: @Orange_Coconut sorry I restated your point on the sec. IDs unknown involvement (great minds think alike)

And you're right this symbol on the HUmars' chest could just be for decoration:
[spoiler-box]http://74.220.219.70/%7Ecritiqu2/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/pso2-2.jpg[/spoiler-box] Then again this game is called; Phantasy Star Online

yoshiblue
May 11, 2011, 04:29 PM
Kinda like PSU when they slapped on the Guardian logo on the suits. If they do bring it back, that would be nice.

NoiseHERO
May 11, 2011, 04:36 PM
Anyone notice the "humar"'s eyebrows look like this sideways face?

)o
___| (
)o

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 05:08 PM
@Michaeru Nice artwork and yeah it kinda does. HUmars are always mad at something...

*snaps out of ADD mode* Hey does anyone care about this? Or will we all be content with the section IDs we are given and sure that Sega will release prompt balanced updates for all of them. ...just like they did with the different planet manufactures in PSU. <---(ha joke)

Will it devastate the economy, or is it a mild speed bump?

Vashyron
May 11, 2011, 05:37 PM
Kinda like PSU when they slapped on the Guardian logo on the suits. If they do bring it back, that would be nice.

If you look at the HUmar artwork, it's the same there, but instead it's that "Star" Arks logo that can be seen over other characters costumes.

ARASHIKAGE
May 11, 2011, 05:49 PM
I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall here. >.>

Skye-Fox713
May 11, 2011, 06:03 PM
And you're right this symbol on the HUmars' chest could just be for decoration:
[spoiler-box]http://74.220.219.70/%7Ecritiqu2/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/pso2-2.jpg[/spoiler-box] Online

going back and forth between that image and the trailer, the image in the center of his chest looks like a star in the screen shot. Much like the one from the HD trailer.

r00tabaga
May 11, 2011, 06:12 PM
going back and forth between that image and the trailer, the image in the center of his chest looks like a star in the screen shot. Much like the one from the HD trailer.

Yuck! I think yoiur right. Well that makes this thread pointless if there's not gonna be any Section ID's in PSO2.......and for the record, they should be!

joshboyd1209
May 11, 2011, 06:34 PM
Well if they do have section IDs I'm certain SEGA will be careful about the content they release.

Chaobo99
May 11, 2011, 09:11 PM
I don't mind secntion IDs if they implement a store system similar to that of PSU. Some people don't really play with other people sometimes so getting what you want because of your ID could be a pain. Section IDs might as well be random too. They were based on names or something in PSO :3. But I guess the point of that was so people got different kinds in the first place ^^;