PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Making Rough Item Price Guide

Caiterz
May 11, 2011, 09:30 PM
...Hi.

Since I cant find any recentish price guides for stuff~ i decided to make my own...

SO i was wondering: Is anyone interested in this? and if so, what items price are in most demand?

I've got a chunk of basic items done so far... like

-Metals
-Biomaterials
-Gemstones

etc.

also, is there a text list of all the item names categorized by item type anywhere?
(no pics or anything)

(like http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/13/synthesis_ingredients/ only plain text?)

I just bought a netbook today, so ill be transferring that stuff from my notebook to PC... and then working on it on there while at my 360...

possibly as an excel document o.o.

any suggestions?

edit: ok I started it... This is what i got so far.. when its done i will export it as several different file types.. as of now, the new ghetto excel only ><

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZDJPAA4N

Orochinagi
May 12, 2011, 11:59 AM
If anything at all, most people actually only need the estimates for items worth more than max meseta. Items suck as Lavis Cannons, Moca's Skillet sets (grinded), Agito Repcas (10/10 & high %), Spread Needle, Red/Knight, etc... These items are ones that people question the prices of due to the lack of proper visual pricing . All other items fluxuate in price naturally according to supply and demand, so it isn't really necessary to quote these.

Caiterz
May 12, 2011, 09:11 PM
As a newbie, i find it very helpfull when pricing the items that i get from drops...

It saves time, rather having to either

a.) look up items 34 times
b.) price everything at 100 meseta and loose out.... while the Photons never ever move.

Orochinagi
May 12, 2011, 09:57 PM
So instead you suggest that we look through an Excel Spreadsheet with the millions of items on it, opposed to using "search by condition" in your room? Don't worry, it can be a pain somewhat when you have to look up tons items to sell. But as a newbie, I would suggest keeping almost everything at least until you are Lvl 120 or so (able to do all S2-S3) runs. You never know what you may need later on. Trust me. Buy a usb keyboard, it may speed up your searches a bit and possibly make a minimum price bracket on things that you would even sell. Mine is over 100K. I hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you need suggestions or help.

Caiterz
May 13, 2011, 02:44 PM
Ive had a USB keyboard from the beginning...

and Ive got a friend IRL that helps me out with "Is this usefull?" "Should I keep this?"

and while im saving my Bloody Scores, I need to be selling my Crystal Skulls..

I ask "HOw much is this worth?"

"I'unno" i get...

just, nevermind. Ill post it online when im done, then shut up.

TheAstarion
May 20, 2011, 08:20 AM
It's a nice idea in theory, but things fluctuate massively. A 20 mil Illuminus Tag drops to 2mil during MAG+, then to 100K during Epsilon. Gugg crowns go from 20K, to 600K, to 1.5mil at the same intervals. These are just examples of vanity items.

The problem with such a guide is that players set the prices. And, in some cases, it's just one player setting his price and everyone else following him, undercutting him, or putting a slightly better version at a temptingly small premium. If someone starts putting Lithnia up at 80K a pop, or whatever they think they should be worth, someone is just going to come in, buy them all, and turn around and resell them.

As someone said, the things that really need a price guide are things that sell for over a stack, and you're as well looking on forums for sellers when it comes to this kind of thing; if you trade with someone offering a good price on the 4th floor, Pavillion, or lobby of the week, then you're likely to get lag switched.

Alucard V
May 20, 2011, 03:29 PM
That's one of the things I never liked about PSU. People got to greedy. It's gotten to the point where a million meseta really doesn't hold much weight.

It's one of the reasons this game isn't newbee friendly. Witch is a shame given all that SEGA put in to it and it's demo.

Caiterz
May 21, 2011, 01:24 AM
Indeed,

But you know, Ive written price guides / other guides / walkthroughs for other MMOs, and i've never got such negative criticism from any of them.

I know things fluctuate. Thats why it's a rough item price guide.

In another MMO I play, which i wrote a price guide for back in 2007, the Golden sword was worth 2m.. now it's worth ~30-50m. Im aware of that, and in such drastic changes, I could either change it... Or.. just use it as a reference, in that this golden sword, is definately not some little dinky crap sword, its a GOOD HAX sword that I should probably look up the price of.. (On that mmo, there are no rarity ratings OR item search however.)

IT's not neccisarily for the big items, but is for the little crappy items that drop in ep.2.1 on C rank. For example:

on the first mission you do on Moatoob, i got 2 Crystal skulls, and like, 3 Photons, and a Double Saber, amoung other things.

I -could- look them all up, yes, but I got discouraged when the search doesn't work correctly. It's uh, worse than Vista's. lol.

What a lot of newbies do, is they will put up all their items at a flat rate, ex: everything for 1k, and theyd loose a ton of money over the Crystal Skulls, which i believe i sold for like 600kish.

This isnt a price guide for veterans, it's a ROUGH reference guide for -ME- and i decided to share it, because maybe some other newbie would also like a reference guide.

If you dont get anything out of it, fine, dont use it...

I've honestly, never recieved such negative responses to any of the topics i've posted in the various PSU communities that i have on other MMOs (Where i might add, i have thousands of posts, top ranking characters, etc. Not that you care, but im not just 'some noob')

It's just a reference to be used WITH the item search... rough...

It's one of the reasons this game isn't newbee friendly. Witch is a shame given all that SEGA put in to it and it's demo.

I like to help people. Not discourage them.. and if there's something i can do to help out the newbies, I will. If sega wont, I will. It wont be official, or as good as official.. but...

I'm also making a text walkthrough to episode 3. That will probably get bashed too, but I dont care, [B]as long as the stuff i make helps one person, it was worth it.

<=/