PDA

View Full Version : PSN is *almost* officially live

DoubleJG
May 14, 2011, 06:07 PM
My work PS3 was just able to update, so I'm assuming this means that it should be publicly live relatively soon.

Broken_L_button
May 14, 2011, 06:17 PM
Hmmm...Well, from what I read on the Playstation blog, it only seems to be an update for the PS3 users to prepare for the eventual comeback of PSN. Still, looks like a step on the right track.

Neo Flint
May 14, 2011, 06:34 PM
Hopefully, people will finally stop bitching...

Then again, I wouldn't hold my breath either.

Zinryu Kazemaru
May 14, 2011, 06:39 PM
I'm glad this is a sign for the PSN to be able to go live soon...but this is just so wrong only PS3 PSN Users can change their information not both us PSP PSN Users and PS3 PSN Users...Ya know

joshboyd1209
May 14, 2011, 06:44 PM
I'm glad this is a sign for the PSN to be able to go live soon...but this is just so wrong only PS3 PSN Users can change their information not both us PSP PSN Users and PS3 PSN Users...Ya know
Yep, but that's not going to change any time soon.

DoubleJG
May 14, 2011, 06:58 PM

So this means that PSPs are unable to update at the time? Good thing I read this, seeing how I was about to attempt just that.

I will be at work until 11:00PM PST tonight. I will be sure to post here as soon as I know that the network is officially live.

Ark22
May 14, 2011, 07:54 PM
Check out my post in the Off topic

DoubleJG
May 14, 2011, 08:00 PM
Looks like I won't be making an inside announcement for everyone since PSN will be going up at different times based on location. Anyways, please refer to this blog post to see if where the PSN has been restored.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-%E2%80%93-psn-restoration-begins-now/

raijz
May 14, 2011, 08:01 PM
Too bad the store won't be back for some time...

Emp
May 14, 2011, 08:03 PM
Finally we can get back on soon. I've got quite a few things to do so I hope its back up in VA on Monday.

Ark22
May 14, 2011, 08:05 PM
It will be up in the states by the end of the night

D-Gold
May 14, 2011, 08:08 PM
great hopefully I can activate my new psp to my old psn account and finally play psp2 again after 6 months when psn is up in my state soon. ^-^can't wait

Cloud 9
May 14, 2011, 09:05 PM
edit: oops noticed this was already posted in the "Off Topic section" ^ ^;;

lazyknight
May 14, 2011, 10:58 PM
So far I've finished 2 games from my backlog during the downtime and now that it's coming back, I'm really happy that I can play PSPo2 online again. But, I'm also sad that I may not be able to finish the game I'm currently playing.

Now I feel both happy and sad, like when I'm drunk, but I know I'm sober. So confused...

Boney010
May 14, 2011, 11:03 PM
DOOD i can log in but it still doesn't go all the way to the PSN yet

lazyknight
May 14, 2011, 11:14 PM
Same, still down for PSP owners I guess. I'm not in a hurry though.

Milla
May 15, 2011, 12:09 AM
For people with PSP's

"For the PSP system, you will not be able to sign in to the PlayStation Network or change your password. You will have to change your password from a PS3 or from a PC before you can access the PlayStation Network on your PSP system. You cannot change your password from Media Go at this time."

Emp
May 15, 2011, 12:51 AM
For people with PSP's

"For the PSP system, you will not be able to sign in to the PlayStation Network or change your password. You will have to change your password from a PS3 or from a PC before you can access the PlayStation Network on your PSP system. You cannot change your password from Media Go at this time."

Where does it say that?

Milla
May 15, 2011, 12:53 AM
Right here:

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2360

Boney010
May 15, 2011, 12:59 AM
Bah! it's times like this that i wish i never sold my useless good for nothing PS3 =_=
now i gotta wait for an E-mail that'll probably take up to 24 hours :(

BIG OLAF
May 15, 2011, 01:13 AM
So, what exactly are PSP owners supposed to do? I've never even been to the Playstation website.

EDIT: Are our old passwords supposed to not work? Is the whole point to get a E-mail notification to change your password for you to log back in? Were all our old passwords rendered invalid after the intrusion?

Ami
May 15, 2011, 01:18 AM
Right, because of what happened everyone has to change their PSN password to continue using PSN.

When you try to sign in you'll get a notification saying that you can't sign in. Within the span of 24hrs you'll receive an email on the address you signed up PSN with. In the Email it'll give you instructions on how to change your password. The email is going to take a while because it's a high volume of people going in and trying to get the email as well. I'm still waiting on mines and it's been live for my state for a good while.

Milla
May 15, 2011, 01:30 AM
Just out of curiosity what would happen if you just create a new PSN account, could you still play PSP2 online as characters are not linked to a specific account right?

FOkyasuta
May 15, 2011, 01:30 AM
For those PS3 users out there,

Its all done on the system. Not like the PSP's hassle at all.

Emp
May 15, 2011, 01:36 AM
Right, because of what happened everyone has to change their PSN password to continue using PSN.

When you try to sign in you'll get a notification saying that you can't sign in. Within the span of 24hrs you'll receive an email on the address you signed up PSN with. In the Email it'll give you instructions on how to change your password. The email is going to take a while because it's a high volume of people going in and trying to get the email as well. I'm still waiting on mines and it's been live for my state for a good while.

Cant we just change it then change it back to what is was?

BIG OLAF
May 15, 2011, 02:38 AM
Well, I got my E-mail. Everything should be good with me.

Wayu
May 15, 2011, 02:56 AM
PSN's back up?

Time to try to convince my parents to let me buy Infinity again. ^^;

-Wayu

Mike
May 15, 2011, 03:08 AM
PSN's back up?

Time to try to convince my parents to let me buy Infinity again. ^^;
It's not up in Japan so don't get your hopes up.

GreenThunder
May 15, 2011, 03:24 AM
Glad to see that it's finally back up and working, at least some places.

Though, I'm surprised absolutely no one is on the PSPo2 servers right now.

Milla
May 15, 2011, 03:30 AM
Glad to see that it's finally back up and working, at least some places.

Though, I'm surprised absolutely no one is on the PSPo2 servers right now.

I would be on it but the UK servers are still down :(

baka_usagi
May 15, 2011, 03:33 AM
I'm back on it riiiiiiiiiight nao :P

Milla
May 15, 2011, 03:35 AM
I'm back on it riiiiiiiiiight nao :P

Awwww lucky lol

baka_usagi
May 15, 2011, 03:39 AM
everything feels SLOOOOOOOOOOOW............

Milla
May 15, 2011, 03:42 AM
everything feels SLOOOOOOOOOOOW............

What the server? or the laggy online gameplay?

baka_usagi
May 15, 2011, 03:45 AM
online play

kirtblue
May 15, 2011, 06:21 AM
just sent out for my e-mail guess ill have to wait and hope its there when i wake up unfortunately i cant play tomorrow as i gotta go to a wedding

Emp
May 15, 2011, 07:41 AM
just sent out for my e-mail guess ill have to wait and hope its there when i wake up unfortunately i cant play tomorrow as i gotta go to a wedding

I havent got my email yet. What did you do?

Ami
May 15, 2011, 07:55 AM
Cant we just change it then change it back to what is was?
You probably can, but I wouldn't suggest it.

Anyway, got my e-mail this morning and changed my pass so all that's left is for jpn side to go live so I can go back to changing between the two accounts.

Emp
May 15, 2011, 08:25 AM
You probably can, but I wouldn't suggest it.

Anyway, got my e-mail this morning and changed my pass so all that's left is for jpn side to go live so I can go back to changing between the two accounts.

I just got the email. Should have not taken this long to get it.

Ami
May 15, 2011, 08:35 AM
Well yeah but it's justified. There are probably millions of people logging on the same time as you trying to get the email as well. Such a high volume of email requests, of course it's gonna take some time. You really should be glad that it wasn't the full 24 hours.

Emp
May 15, 2011, 08:37 AM
Well yeah but it's justified. There are probably millions of people logging on the same time as you trying to get the email as well. Such a high volume of email requests, of course it's gonna take some time. You really should be glad that it wasn't the full 24 hours.

Sucks thats theres not really much ppl online on PSP2 atm.

joshboyd1209
May 15, 2011, 09:39 AM
All right I got my account hooked back up to my PSP went to play a game I bought from the PSN store until the PSNetwork was completely back up in my state and it told me that I couldn't play it on my account(and yes it is the account that bought it ). Any suggestions?

D-Gold
May 15, 2011, 10:27 AM
All right I got my account hooked back up to my PSP went to play a game I bought from the PSN store until the PSNetwork was completely back up in my state and it told me that I couldn't play it on my account(and yes it is the account that bought it ). Any suggestions?

call customer support or try activating your psp again.

I had to activate my new psp to a old psn account today to play games i got in the past and the process went smoothly

(I am assuming your are able connect your psp to a computer)
try going here http://us.playstation.com/psn/signin/ and once you sign in go to the activate psp option.

joshboyd1209
May 15, 2011, 10:42 AM
call customer support or try activating your psp again.

I had to activate my new psp to a old psn account today to play games i got in the past and the process went smoothly

(I am assuming your are able connect your psp to a computer)
try going here http://us.playstation.com/psn/signin/ and once you sign in go to the activate psp option.
Thanks, but I still have to wait on it to send me an email requesting an account info update.

Luneth
May 15, 2011, 11:28 AM
Still waiting for my email, then I should be able to get on. Debating now what to farm, it's been long enough I can't remember what I was doing before it crashed.

kirtblue
May 15, 2011, 08:01 PM

i sent mine out first and i have yet to get mine how did you get yours so fast?

GUARDIANDNL
May 15, 2011, 08:20 PM
i try to sign in but the page is still under maintenance...the hell!!!???

Linka
May 15, 2011, 08:25 PM
i try to sign in but the page is still under maintenance...the hell!!!???

same. so, question. im unsure on this, but...do we need a Little Wing Liscense still to play PSP2 online, or not? i never wrote down or memorized my PSN password, stupidly enough...so...im unsure if this'll be an issue at all. im thinking of just making a new account, but im worried about what it'll mean for playing PSP2 online.

joshboyd1209
May 15, 2011, 08:51 PM
same. so, question. im unsure on this, but...do we need a Little Wing Liscense still to play PSP2 online, or not? i never wrote down or memorized my PSN password, stupidly enough...so...im unsure if this'll be an issue at all. im thinking of just making a new account, but im worried about what it'll mean for playing PSP2 online.
No they have not made it so that you need the Little Wing License yet.

Emp
May 15, 2011, 08:56 PM
i sent mine out first and i have yet to get mine how did you get yours so fast?

Idk. I think I got mine at 9:30 am today on the east coast.

RemiusTA
May 15, 2011, 09:08 PM
Blazblue is BACK baby

PSZFann
May 15, 2011, 09:33 PM
they shut it off again.... HOW DO I GET A NEW PASSWORD!!

Ami
May 15, 2011, 09:59 PM
First off Read this (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/15/update-on-service-restoration-rollout/)

When it gets back online try to do the password request again on the PC. Then wait. Thousands, if not millions, of people are trying to get their passwords reset at the exact same time as you. It can only do so much before it risks blowing itself up.

kirtblue
May 16, 2011, 01:41 AM
i sent for my e-mail at 6am its now 1am and no e-mail but psn is back up again so i sent for another request

kojikatsuya
May 16, 2011, 03:40 AM
Just got my password reset and I'm back on PSP2 now.

Akaimizu
May 16, 2011, 04:12 AM
Cool. At the moment, I can't change my Japanese password due to them shutting down the service again. I was wondering why I was getting the PSN not available in my region issue when trying to do the email reset. Looks like while the other territories are getting back up, Sony Japan got slapped with a government mandate to keep service down until they can satisfy their government on the security front. Just a heads up for those now trying to get the Japanese account resets. My US account reset worked without a hitch, though.

Milla
May 16, 2011, 04:15 AM
Call me lazy but i just made a new PSN account Lol. I'll recover my old one later. Anyway if any of you guys wanna join up lemme know ^^

Akaimizu
May 16, 2011, 10:55 AM
Looks like the ability to change password via email works but the email sends the wrong address information. Just got word about it and it seems to work.

the link looks like
https://store.playstation.com/accounts/security/resetPassword.action?token=

and it should be like this
https://store.playstation.com/accounts/reset/resetPassword.action?token=

It goes to the same place, but the first URL doesn't go to the right version of the page. Tried it with my Japanese account and afterwards I also got the return email from Sony's PSN network to confirm the change.

GUARDIANDNL
May 16, 2011, 11:33 AM
finally my US account is back online XD...now the jap one goes

kirtblue
May 16, 2011, 11:57 AM
am i seriously the only person who has NOT gotten an e=mail yet?
this sucks its going on 30 hours and counting

Ami
May 16, 2011, 12:09 PM
Try doing it again. This morning I got like 2 emails from when I first trying. The severs is doing all they can to catch up

Emp
May 16, 2011, 12:16 PM

Have you called Sony yet?

Argroh Valdios
May 16, 2011, 12:30 PM
they said they were overloaded with those requests, so it's taking slower then usual

I got mine, and I'm on PSPo2 at the moment.

pso_crash
May 16, 2011, 03:57 PM

I received my email from sega almost immediately after I requested it. Maybe you should try again. I was surprised when I didn't see you online when I started playing.

HUmar Darkedge
May 16, 2011, 04:02 PM
Damnit no PSPPSN. I'm sad. I can wait. *sleeps*

kirtblue
May 16, 2011, 06:10 PM
i still have yet to get one i did actually request another e-mail after the first 24 hours a friend told me it was cause i use hotmail anyone else with hotmail having this problem? and or source tips ect to get me online thanx everyone in advance

Alucard V
May 16, 2011, 06:46 PM
I'm kinda glad that I'm not the only one still waiting for a e-mail. I wish they would pick a the pace a little.

BluexRose
May 16, 2011, 07:58 PM
Cool not bad

kirtblue
May 16, 2011, 08:16 PM
finally got it after 36 hours almost to the minute lets hope it works

Emp
May 16, 2011, 08:19 PM
finally got it after 36 hours almost to the minute lets hope it works

Gratz. Maybe we can play sometime.

kirtblue
May 16, 2011, 10:43 PM
Gratz. Maybe we can play sometime.

just got on no problems didnt even ask me to update the firmware
@emp i would love that though keep in mind i dont have infinity

Emp
May 16, 2011, 11:02 PM
just got on no problems didnt even ask me to update the firmware
@emp i would love that though keep in mind i dont have infinity

I have infinity but I dont play it much tho. I play PSP2 atm.

NicorTheDuke
May 17, 2011, 12:25 AM
The psn in Va is already on,im on as we speak

MESeele
May 17, 2011, 11:52 AM
Just now got my reset email. Already timed out. Thoughtful :/ . Hope attempt number 2 goes better.

Overlord Zenon
May 17, 2011, 01:34 PM
IM still on the waiting list, tho i can bet with sony being hacked, all the other consoles will change their security as well, well its been over 24 hours so far, I cant blame them, they should have waited longer and turned the full system on, and also added a better PSN managment to the psp, so they wouldnt get hundreds of emails on that side

PurpleIsGood
May 17, 2011, 02:44 PM
Er, this is a stupid question, but what is the support email address? I don't really know my way around the PS website.

MESeele
May 17, 2011, 03:08 PM
You mean the login resetting thing? http://us.playstation.com/psn/

Just go to login, type in your email, then say you forgot your password. It'll send a reset link to your email.

And I sent mine again. Email came much faster this time (couple hours). Reset password and am happy now.

PurpleIsGood
May 17, 2011, 03:10 PM
Well, yeah, did that.

But I need my date of birth, and since Sony doesn't let 14 year olds get some things, I put in a random one. I tend to have to do that.

I'm going to have to call them. :|

MESeele
May 17, 2011, 03:36 PM
Oh. Why didn't you make yourself 18 when you first started it? That way you could have just added a couple years and wouldn't have been expected to memorize a completely fake one. Ah well. Though calling personnel to do something an automated system is backed up on, I don't think they'd be all that helpful :/ , even if they were willing.

You don't have to click on forgotten password btw. If you type your original password in to log in, they'll send you a reset email anyway. I only said to click forgotten password because I couldn't remember my original one. That and my internet sucks, so the less it has to load the better.

PurpleIsGood
May 17, 2011, 03:51 PM
Oh, what? I remember my password, but when I tried to log in and it failed, I still didn't get an email.

Whatever, I'll do it later on. Getting online isn't pressing to me.

Alucard V
May 17, 2011, 06:33 PM
Still waiting on a e-mail. Does anyone know of any planets that need saving I'm that bored and it will be some time before the Gurhal system's in danger again. What am I going to do with my self?

Crimson The FOmar
May 18, 2011, 07:14 AM
Still waiting on a e-mail. Does anyone know of any planets that need saving I'm that bored and it will be some time before the Gurhal system's in danger again. What am I going to do with my self?

I sent an email on Monday and nothing yet ^^; I understand that the server will be under alot of stress, but stiiiiill..

Overlord Zenon
May 18, 2011, 11:48 AM
apparently its down again, due to another breach

"Sony’s long cybersecurity nightmare may not be over quite yet.
On Wednesday, reports began to surface that the company’s PlayStation Network (PSN) has been breached yet again, this time via a vulnerability in its password reset interface. The bug was first reported by the gaming site Nyleveia, which also sent me a video of what seems to the exploit in action.
Using just a simple browsing trick, the demonstration video shows a user resetting the password for an account using only an email address and date of birth. Both those pieces of information were among the mass of data that Sony has said was stolen by hackers from its network last month. Meanwhile, Sony has taken down its password reset site “for maintenance.”

at this rate, i'll go back to PSU on the 360

GUARDIANDNL
May 18, 2011, 12:23 PM
i just check and it's true...the hell...i got my password reset and i was able to enter my us account with no problems on monday....apparently this thing is what the japanese goverment ment about a certify security for customers...

Alucard V
May 18, 2011, 12:35 PM
apparently its down again, due to another breach

"Sony’s long cybersecurity nightmare may not be over quite yet.
On Wednesday, reports began to surface that the company’s PlayStation Network (PSN) has been breached yet again, this time via a vulnerability in its password reset interface. The bug was first reported by the gaming site Nyleveia, which also sent me a video of what seems to the exploit in action.
Using just a simple browsing trick, the demonstration video shows a user resetting the password for an account using only an email address and date of birth. Both those pieces of information were among the mass of data that Sony has said was stolen by hackers from its network last month. Meanwhile, Sony has taken down its password reset site “for maintenance.”

at this rate, i'll go back to PSU on the 360

Your kidding right? I mean what kind of sick people would do this?

Overlord Zenon
May 18, 2011, 12:51 PM
likely the same @#$hats that did this originally, well that being said, they really have to redo the security for their system

Randomness
May 18, 2011, 01:04 PM
likely the same @#$hats that did this originally, well that being said, they really have to redo the security for their system

There's actually very little they can do to handle this - the authentication info collected on accounts originally was stolen. There's nothing secret in place to use... They need some form of secure communication channel, but without authentication mechanisms the internet fails for that.

They COULD mail out new passwords to billing addresses (use a record safely before the breach). That would be secure, but time-consuming. And it would fail for anyone who hadn't made a purchase.

joshboyd1209
May 18, 2011, 01:07 PM
There's actually very little they can do to handle this - the authentication info collected on accounts originally was stolen. There's nothing secret in place to use... They need some form of secure communication channel, but without authentication mechanisms the internet fails for that.

They COULD mail out new passwords to billing addresses (use a record safely before the breach). That would be secure, but time-consuming. And it would fail for anyone who hadn't made a purchase with a credit card.
Fixed.

GUARDIANDNL
May 18, 2011, 01:22 PM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/18/update-on-psn-password-reset-process/

"We temporarily took down the PSN and Qriocity password reset page. Contrary to some reports, there was no hack involved. In the process of resetting of passwords there was a URL exploit that we have subsequently fixed.
Consumers who haven’t reset their passwords for PSN are still encouraged to do so directly on their PS3. Otherwise, they can continue to do so via the website as soon as we bring that site back up.

by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media"

at least they explain what happen

Overlord Zenon
May 18, 2011, 02:00 PM
exploit, hack, its still a way to take our info, tho still it may have been an over sight on sony's side cause of the site, just hopefully they keep making progress to fix these matters, after i beat PSP2 story mode, i'll join the online ranks

HUmar Darkedge
May 18, 2011, 03:20 PM

They COULD mail out new passwords to billing addresses (use a record safely before the breach). That would be secure, but time-consuming. And it would fail for anyone who hadn't made a purchase.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/18/update-on-psn-password-reset-process/

"We temporarily took down the PSN and Qriocity password reset page. Contrary to some reports, there was no hack involved. In the process of resetting of passwords there was a URL exploit that we have subsequently fixed.
Consumers who haven’t reset their passwords for PSN are still encouraged to do so directly on their PS3. Otherwise, they can continue to do so via the website as soon as we bring that site back up.

by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media"

at least they explain what happen

Ramdomness -What do you mean by purchase?
2. Sooo...is it Ok now to change passwords?(Or at least go online).

joshboyd1209
May 18, 2011, 03:23 PM
Ramdomness -What do you mean by purchase?
2. Sooo...is it Ok now to change passwords?(Or at least go online).
If you check my last post I made it much clearer what he meant at the very end of the quote.

chaoelite
May 18, 2011, 03:28 PM
If your talking snail mail that can be stolen at so many points it is very unsafe to do it that way.

HUmar Darkedge
May 18, 2011, 03:28 PM
So the reset page is down. Ah well. But is it ok to play online. (psp)