PDA

View Full Version : Questions and concerns

Bayi
May 14, 2011, 11:03 PM
Hello, this is my introductory post and I am a veteran of the original Phantasy Star Online (as well as having acquaintance with the original series) and with PSO2 on the way--something I personally thought would never happen, I would like to address certain possibilities and elements of gameplay which consist of speculations based upon the PSO2 trailer.

I'll try and break down my own personal questions and concerns into categories of discussion. For reference purposes, I will post the HQ link to the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcE1ZMt-kss"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcE1ZMt-kss

Weapons:

Unlike previous Phantasy Star games, weaponry appeared to literally appear out of nowhere at all. Now they are visibly on your character.

Concerns with this: Only one type of weapon for the two showcased classes appeared on each character--a sword and a rifle. Does this mean that characters will be reduced to one weapon on their person at any given time? Or do weapons take up 'slots' on your character which allow you, carry more types of weaponry?

If that's the case, it would appear to me that 'swords' and 'rifles' take up a 'back' slot, with the possibilities of sabers, handguns or daggers (provided they'll appear in the game) taking up either leg sheath/holster slots?

Question: Does this mean that certain weapon types consume different slots? Meaning shotguns (if they appear) possibly taking up a back slot, meaning that you'll have to make the decision as to whether or not you want a shotgun or a rifle in that particular slot. This leads me to believe that partisans and swords will equally be a decision made judged by whether or not the player prefers which ever type of weapon.

Another possibility is that in the event there is a 'slot' system, will the slots be gained with level ups? (starting off with one slot, reaching certain levels increase the weapon loadout)

Concerns with weaponry: SEGA have used realistic designs on their guns before in PSO (Yasminkov, particularly) and through my extensive firearms knowledge, it would appear that the tan colored rifle used in the trailer (which is equipped with a grenade launcher) is designed in lieu of the H&K XM8--will more realistic/traditional designs be introduced to PSO2 a la Yasminkov series? The Photon XM8 appears at 2:03.

Functional grenade launchers are present in PSO2, will hand grenades also make the cut as PP consuming attacks exclusive to rangers, much like a Photon Art?

Please remember that these are speculatory musings, but judging by the trailer swords may be the mainstead weapon for hunter class--they seem balanced enough in terms of strength and speed to have fully replaced Sabers in their entirety--this could mean that hunters are being oriented more into a crowd control front line class; balancing and therefore negating the usage of firearms by hunters in the original PSO, heavily, in my opinion, defeating the very purpose of having a hunter.

With that being said, firearms should remain an exclusive to rangers so that roles by each class can properly be played, instead of some dullard hunter toting Charge Vulcans +9 and essentially 'stealing' a ranger's combative role as being the long range support. The same can be said for the Holy Ray as well as handguns being a weapon usable by all classes. Also, will grenade launchers be a standard or a weapon attachment? This could mean Rangers will have weapon customisation, adding optical sights to increase ATA or needing particular grenade launchers to an appropriate model of the rifle being used. Rifles were also shown being fired in a variety of forms, including three-round burst and charge--will rifles also have a 'spread' option to supplement the role of a shotgun?

MAGs:

Concerns with MAGs: A lot of people want them back, but they're ripe for abuse and therefore balancing. They haven't yet been shown, but I personally would like to see these come back. In the event they do return and simply weren't showcased in the trailer (people, remember this is a sequel to PSO and core concepts cannot be abandoned) how should they function? Personally, I believe they should solely serve as an inventory/defensive device which increases DFP and can perhaps provide small services such as healing the player, buffing them, or neutralising debuffs/status ailments. Summoning gigantic creatures is a bit outlandish for a mechanical device, and increasing your accuracy and strength? How? What are your thoughts?

Classes: to avoid controversal arguements, I'm not going to regard Beasts at all. This includes the Motavian Beasts--this is PSO2 and so I am going to speculate options that are already available to us: those pertaining from the original PSO.

The concept artwork featured in the trailer showcases three classes: Hunters, Rangers and Forces. In regards to race, it's difficult to tell what exactly will be what judging by what was shown in the trailer in terms of the artwork and the actual gameplay. Amy, the ranger in the trailer appears to be a Numan Ranger--does this mean that Female and male Numan Rangers will be adapting the previous role of PSO's RAmarl, a dual Force and Ranger class? At 1:01 of the trailer, there appears to be what I can only guess is a RAmarl. Will this mean that the RAmarl will have more traits of a traditional human character PS class and simply have balanced overall stats but with more emphasis on dexterity and strength?

PSO was previously dominated by HUcasts and RAmarls--how will PSO2 be balanced out to allow more variety online without breaking popular classes with an expansion pack? (Does Episode 4 ring any bells?)

Will CASTs be able to use magic? What will CASTs be affected by as a result of their augmented strength, defense and dexterity? Will Forces flourish on PSO2 or be disregarded for easier to play classes such as the Ranger of Hunter?

Let's hope CASTs using magic is abandoned; the very idea is a bit silly--and with that being said, will CASTs have any particular abilities besides being immune to paralysis and poison? The ability to see traps without the usage of Trap Vision was of little help when it came down to playing Episode 2 and being trapped in an electrical floor pod which were entirely invisible regardless.

Character customisation:

Concerns: Will there be any? Sega have gone back to the original 'framework' uniforms for each class, but how will they be alterable to give each particular character their own flare online? Previously, MAGs and whichever rare weapons you had were one of the main ways to differentiate your character from another's online if you had the same class. Will it all be judged by color palettes and stable outfits, or will the player character be able to purchase different styles of the same uniform and color them to their whim with a palette?

The goofy, anime sexualisation of PSU is part of what ruined the atmosphere of the title and made it look more like a Japanese cartoon ridden with sexual innuendo than an actual struggle for survival against the SEED invasion. That being said, will outfits like bikinis, banana hammocks and spa towels be a method of customisation in PSO2?

To wrap this up, I'm going to state what I would like to see in PSO2: No classless/everybody weapons such as the Crazy Tune, Holy Ray, S-Beats Blade.

No akimbo mixing (Saber in one hand, mechgun in the other), weapon types exclusive to class (guns of all types exclusive to Rangers, bladed/melee weapons of all type exclusive to hunters), a job for MAGs which will not allow them to be broken for which ever race/character they're equipped to, limitation of the type of weapon and amount of weapons you can use at any given moment and finally, a purpose to every class.

If gender plays no part in statistics and race and class are the only factors, a Human Ranger and Newman Ranger should have more than just appearance and statistics to set them apart--their gameplay roles should be different to assist the team in a way that each one of them would be unable to otherwise provide if they aren't the opposing class. Likewise, CAST rangers should follow suit with abilities that will seperate them from the other two forms of ranger (maybe the addition of explosives such as landmines or grenades) so that the other classes simply aren't excess dead weight in the game's population.

I would also like to note that it has been widely speculated that PSO2 will have multiple planets. I personally would not like to see this because one planet should have enough terrain differences to not have a need to include more planets to meet any sort of quota. Earth has many different types of terrain such as deserts, marshlands, tropics and ancient civilisations--an entirely new planet should not be needed just to express a different form of terrain in the environment.

Alright, so that is all. I have been lurking PSO-World for years now and I think it's about time I finally contributed and involved myself in the community, providing the community accepts me. Apologies for the length of this post.

Well, that's my first post. What are your questions and concerns and what do you think of what I had to say? Most importantly, what do *you*, the Hunters of PSO-World have to say about PSO2 and the aforementioned subject matter?

Mike
May 14, 2011, 11:15 PM
Pre-alpha video ≠ final version. Stay put and wait for more information.

BIG OLAF
May 14, 2011, 11:27 PM
Character customisation:

Concerns: Will there be any? Sega have gone back to the original 'framework' uniforms for each class, but how will they be alterable to give each particular character their own flare online? Previously, MAGs and whichever rare weapons you had were one of the main ways to differentiate your character from another's online if you had the same class. Will it all be judged by color palettes and stable outfits, or will the player character be able to purchase different styles of the same uniform and color them to their whim with a palette?

The goofy, anime sexualisation of PSU is part of what ruined the atmosphere of the title and made it look more like a Japanese cartoon ridden with sexual innuendo than an actual struggle for survival against the SEED invasion. That being said, will outfits like bikinis, banana hammocks and spa towels be a method of customisation in PSO2?

I just read somewhere a few days ago that SEGA said that yes, there will be in-depth character customization in PSO2.

As for the "sexual" clothing options, who cares? If those kinds of outfits are in the game, and you have a problem with them, don't wear them. Don't try and tell other people that those types of "frivolous" clothes shouldn't be in the game, period, just because you don't like them. Simple as that.

Malachite
May 14, 2011, 11:30 PM
Honestly, there are no real answers to any of your questions here. Right now, most things are purely speculative.

About swords and sabers though; even though we see swords being used very quickly now, I don't think that means they'll remove sabers completely. I just think they'll be much faster now, much like they were in the original PSO when compared to their sword counter parts. It's just the game itself seems to be much more fast pace now.

@ Olaf. Where did you read that, about the character customization confirmation?

•Col•
May 14, 2011, 11:31 PM
So much speculation....... @_@

EDIT: Also, Olaf is right about the customization stuff. It's in the new post from Sakai on the PSO2 blog.

BIG OLAF
May 14, 2011, 11:34 PM
@ Olaf. Where did you read that, about the character customization confirmation?

This entry in Ricardo's Phantasy Star blog. (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-setting-concepts/)

I'll quote the excerpt from the article for easier access:

And within the promo movie, new costumes were drawn in PSO’s likeness. We aimed at having a new setting coexisting with some PSO nostalgia. Now certainly there will be character creation. All the characters you saw in the screenshots were made in Character Creation. Because recent online games have you create characters even to the finest detail, we are working hard here too.

moorebounce
May 15, 2011, 03:43 AM
We still don't know a lot of stuff about PSO2 at this point and Sega wants it that way to try and build up interest. So stuff you didn't see in the video doesn't mean it's not gonna be in the game. So I wouldn't start the crying just yet.

Justyn_Darkcrest
May 15, 2011, 03:50 AM
You bring up some interesting ideas, some have been said already and some haven't. But yeah, it's still in the speculation phase for us since they haven't really been too forthcoming with the info on this game. Personally, I'm still in the wait and see mode, since trying to discuss content in a game we know next to nothing about tends to get under some peoples skin.

I will say this OP, I like your idea concerning the weapon slot system. Very interesting concept, and wouldn't mind seeing something like this in the game. (At least it would be different) And if done well, could create some cool weapon combination ideas (I.E. having a pistol on one leg slot and mech in the other ect.)

Palle
May 15, 2011, 04:29 AM
Well, based on this blog post [c/o Olaf, Ricardo, and Sakai] my 'concerns' move closer to confirmation. I think it's probably still worth keeping an eye on, but I suspect this info puts PSO2 near "no thanks" territory.

Appreciate the heads-up, though.

Sord
May 15, 2011, 04:30 AM
Most speculation here is OK. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, I happen to like the shift to more open ended roles for characters (though yes, cast techers are silly,) but I can certainly respect someone wanting to shift back to a more rigid class system because they like traditional class representation.

I really doubt we're getting rigid slot systems though, if you watch the video the running speed of the characters changes when their weapons are docked on their back. It could very well be that's just the docking position for sprint, and no actual weapon switches are being made on screen. And as you said, PSO and PSU both sort of have weapons appearing from nowhere, they've both let us carry several weapons at a time, so I doubt they'll drop the system of carrying half a dozen weapons onto the battlefield with you.

Also, just 'cause they're showing swords here hardly means they'll be a main staple of hunters. First off, game wasn't even in alpha release when this was made, probably not a whole lot of weapons even ready. Furthermore, lets say you're going to announce a brand new MMO, what sounds like more of an eye-grabber to the common masses, a guy fighting a single enemy one-on-one with a saber or taking on whole rush-down mobs with a big beefy sword? Hell, for all we know there are multiple different forms of Hunters and this could be a single crowd-control type tank class as opposed to a high damage DPS hunter that focuses on single enemies for more damage. Furthermore if you look at the Lv in the HUD in the lifebar, it never seems to go very high into double digits. Early game balance doesn't always equal late game balance, just because you get early access to swords doesn't mean sabers won't wind up being better later or something.

One thing I didn't get about your post though was under concerns you have the guns being more realistic. But you don't really say anything negative about it, instead you sound quite knowledgeable about it, so is that an actual concern and you want more sci-fi guns or was that just bad sentence placement? I like the idea of having ranger guns customizable, don't care so much for the idea of slots in general for weps, but slots on guns for enhancements sounds pretty neat, would make for good ranger only features and give a bit more to do with a class that was otherwise lacking.

Yeah, and HUnewearls looking like hookers and RAcaseals having schoolgirl-esque plated skirts totally weren't sexualized for the time, and the artwork and character models had hardly any anime generalization. :roll:

Admittedly, yes, PSU did take it farther, but seriously, it's not like every person and their grandmother was running missions in swimsuits 24/7. You honestly think swimsuits and bikini's would cease to exist just 'cause lolspace? Hell, the only reason PSO didn't wind up with them at some point was probably because all we got for our models was texture swaps. Several MMOs have them crop up as spring/summer event items. I'm an old school PSO fan but honestly the people that complain about this just sound like whiners when they do it. It's a very minor detail in the swamp of bad support and game mechanic issues that are far more worth complaining and worrying about in Sega's past, and those mechanics actually, you know, effect the gameplay.

GameKyuubi
May 15, 2011, 05:37 AM
Personally I didn't like the slot system. It felt redundant. PSO-style quick-equip was just as fast and offered a bigger selection to choose from.

Niloklives
May 15, 2011, 07:39 AM
you mean restrictive.

NoiseHERO
May 15, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hmm...wonder how badass other weapons will look when it's "sheathed"...

Or hopefully... not EVERYTHING will just sit on our backs...

r00tabaga
May 15, 2011, 09:02 AM
People complaining about people complaining about bikinis & bath towels sound "whiney" too.

r00tabaga
May 15, 2011, 09:08 AM

I was wondering that too. It wouldn't make any sense to sheath twin handguns on your back in order to sprint. It would look better to have them on the hips (daggers too).

@Bayu: I don't think you'll ever see hand grenades in PSO2 but I'd be all for it if it was balanced properly. It be great for hunters for obvious reasons.

joshboyd1209
May 15, 2011, 09:09 AM
I was wondering that too. It wouldn't make any sense to sheath twin handguns on your back in order to sprint. It would look better to have them on the hips (daggers too).

@Bayu: I don't think you'll ever see hand grenades in PSO2 but I'd be all for it if it was balanced properly. It be great for hunters for obvious reasons.
Yep.*Imagines HUmar throwing in a grenade before running and killing everything it didn't kill*

RenzokukenZ
May 15, 2011, 10:07 AM

In the footage, the male and female Hunters have different swords, both with different sheath positions. The male's is simply on the back while the female's is folded up. Hopefully this means that not all swords are copypasta of the same sheath positions.

joshboyd1209
May 15, 2011, 10:11 AM
In the footage, the male and female Hunters have different swords, both with different sheath positions. The male's is simply on the back while the female's is folded up. Hopefully this means that not all swords are copypasta of the same sheath positions.
Wouldn't suprise me, but that could be a gender difference. We still need more footage to be certain though.

RenzokukenZ
May 15, 2011, 10:20 AM
It has more to do with the individual weapon. Not race/class combination.

According to the footage so far.

joshboyd1209
May 15, 2011, 10:24 AM
It has more to do with the individual weapon. Not race/class combination.

According to the footage so far.
You obviously have found more footage than the trailer video or have found a site on it. If it's a video you've found could you please post it somewhere? Or if it's a site could you please post a link?

Bayi
May 15, 2011, 10:25 AM
People complaining about people complaining about bikinis & bath towels sound "whiney" too.

Just to clarify, I wasn't complaining if that's what I put across. I just know that it's something a lot of people really don't like I don't mind it too much as long as it isn't on my character I'm perfectly fine with it--but there are limits you know.

The RAmarl at 1:01 of the video appears to have thigh/leg holsters, these may be slots that handguns or mechguns consume, just a guess.

Also, I think it's just the type of sword Tails had that folds up/conceals when it's sheathed on your back, I don't think it's a female-exclusive feature.

One thing I didn't get about your post though was under concerns you have the guns being more realistic. But you don't really say anything negative about it, instead you sound quite knowledgeable about it, so is that an actual concern and you want more sci-fi guns or was that just bad sentence placement? I like the idea of having ranger guns customizable, don't care so much for the idea of slots in general for weps, but slots on guns for enhancements sounds pretty neat, would make for good ranger only features and give a bit more to do with a class that was otherwise lacking.

Sorry, that was bad sentence placement; but it's mainly a concern if whether or not more realistic guns will be making the cut. I would definitely like to see more of an inclusion to this though, most of the guns the rangers had access to on PSO were pretty ugly but now they aren't an eyesore to look at (at least to me). And trying to find the better looking ones was often a chore because of how extremely rare they were, especially if you didn't have the correct I.D. to even get the ones you wanted. Purplenum is so overplayed for guns when I personally found Viridia to be more providing, but that's another topic for another day =P

I'll also apologise in advance if it may seem as if I'm unclear about something, I'm really sick and having trouble typing, lol.

Malachite
May 15, 2011, 11:36 AM
You obviously have found more footage than the trailer video or have found a site on it. If it's a video you've found could you please post it somewhere? Or if it's a site could you please post a link?
There is no other footage Josh lol. If there was, you woulda heard about it here.

joshboyd1209
May 15, 2011, 11:46 AM
There is no other footage Josh lol. If there was, you woulda heard about it here.
Well that stinks. It still is not likely to be able to tell if it's just the sword or not from one video.

RenzokukenZ
May 15, 2011, 11:50 AM
It is likely, you just have to pay attention to the finer details. In this case, the way the weapons are sheathed when the characters are running about in the footage video.

ShinMaruku
May 15, 2011, 12:24 PM
Given how the HUnewearl was lookin I expect more bikini. Thong armour is just the beginning. :E

That said, if they take out the mags I won't have too much issue with them being gone they can make you handle the stat boosts through another system. You should be able to pick your own photon blasts rather than have them stuck to whatever MAG you got.

They were fine but if their functions can be done more meta then I won't miss them to be honest.

They got forces right in PSP2i let's hope they keep the tech knock down/stun blow back properties. They should also keep chaining in it really was interesting.

r00tabaga
May 15, 2011, 01:34 PM
Given how the HUnewearl was lookin I expect more bikini. Thong armour is just the beginning. :E

You said thong armor...rotfl! You're gonna piss off Big Olaf with those remarks.

ShinMaruku
May 15, 2011, 02:28 PM
He knows of the thong armour. He approves. :E

BIG OLAF
May 15, 2011, 03:14 PM
You said thong armor...rotfl! You're gonna piss off Big Olaf with those remarks.

How would that piss me off? I don't follow.

Malachite
May 15, 2011, 03:18 PM
r00t just wants/thinks everything is going to make everyone angry for some reason, it's really weird.

Bayi
May 15, 2011, 05:21 PM
r00t just wants/thinks everything is going to make everyone angry for some reason, it's really weird.

Sounds like a paranoid individual...

If thong armor is just the beginning, this would lead me to believe that string worn around a character's private areas would be where the line is drawn, unless bandaids are more explicit.

That said, if they take out the mags I won't have too much issue with them being gone they can make you handle the stat boosts through another system. You should be able to pick your own photon blasts rather than have them stuck to whatever MAG you got.

I don't know about anybody else, but I just don't want to see Photon Blasts return at all. Dolphins, reindeers, serpents... How? Something else should be included to succeed them--much like SUV weapons or Beast mode found in PSU. Photon Blasts weren't used for anything besides Mylla and Youlla anyway. With that being said, the need for a Photon Blast/SUV/Beast mode isn't necessarily needed, nor is it a widely available ability. The aforementioned 'perks' are novelty at best.

If anything, I could see the past Photon Blast creatures becoming a summon for Forces for temporary aid during battles if the racial 'perks' included in PSO2. Humans still need something else besides well rounded stats to stand out from the crowd though.

BIG OLAF
May 15, 2011, 05:38 PM
If thong armor is just the beginning, this would lead me to believe that string worn around a character's private areas would be where the line is drawn, unless bandaids are more explicit..

That outfit has my vote. :-P

ShinMaruku
May 15, 2011, 05:55 PM
That outfit has my vote. :-P
Indeed indeed.

Nitro Vordex
May 15, 2011, 06:45 PM
Less armor you have protecting skin, the stronger it is. Might as well just have Censor Bars as armor. Or electrical tape.

Niloklives
May 15, 2011, 06:54 PM
call it restricted plate.

Bayi
May 15, 2011, 07:00 PM
call it restricted plate.

199-210 DFP

300 EVP

5 EDK

5 ELT

Maybe body oil as a shield? "The shine reflected from your skin as a result of applying an oil to your body allows you to easily slip and reflect the attacks of your enemies" Twelve star rare.

Sord
May 15, 2011, 07:06 PM
Ouph, while that's a joke it brings back bad memories of EVP stunlock in PSO thanks to the damn animation. Granted I doubt that will be a problem in this day in age but ouph that got annoying at times.

BIG OLAF
May 15, 2011, 07:24 PM
Less armor you have protecting skin, the stronger it is. Might as well just have Censor Bars as armor. Or electrical tape.

I always thought that having an outfit that was nothing but electrical tape in PSU would have been a great idea, haha.

No, really.

NoiseHERO
May 15, 2011, 07:32 PM
I was the one that suggested 3 band-aids as armor...

Hope they use it...

Vashyron
May 15, 2011, 07:59 PM
ITT: "Dem Pixels."

Anyway I'm perfectly fine for Mags to Return to how they were in PSO, but Balanced. So perhaps only equipping at Half It's Lv.
Photon Blasts are fine too, basically SUVs/Mirage Blasts anyway, but don't make them Freeze Time again that got kinda annoying.

r00tabaga
May 15, 2011, 08:04 PM
ITT: "Dem Pixels."

Anyway I'm perfectly fine for Mags to Return to how they were in PSO, but Balanced. So perhaps only equipping at Half It's Lv.
Photon Blasts are fine too, basically SUVs/Mirage Blasts anyway, but don't make them Freeze Time again that got kinda annoying.

Yeah, PB needs to be seamless...if it returns, which still highly doubt. I also think that PSU's MAGs will be the style they use. Thus meaning no Photon Blast.

Niloklives
May 15, 2011, 08:05 PM
Shield would be NC-17 Barrier. Makes whatever you're wearing (or not wearing) look wet.

100-120dfp

300-350evp

+20 EDK

+15 ELT

+10 EFR

-5 ETH

would have a set bonus with the Restricted Plate. when paired you get a bonus graphical effect of a faint trail of red hearts following you in addition to an additional +50 to dfp and +100 to evp.

NoiseHERO
May 15, 2011, 08:11 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID8310/images/shoefetishmask.jpeg

Rare fem cast part, drops from dark falz

+450 dfp

+200 r00tabaga/resist

Vashyron
May 15, 2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah, PB needs to be seamless...if it returns, which still highly doubt. I also think that PSU's MAGs will be the style they use. Thus meaning no Photon Blast.

If they use PSU's system doesn't necessary mean no "Photon Blasts." Though if you mean how they are gained and not appearance, yeah probably not.

Though there's also the 3rd option of that they might do something completely new with "Mags."

NoiseHERO
May 15, 2011, 08:21 PM
I don't think we'll need photon blasts... unless they do something REALLY interesting with them(like real summons and power ups and the monster/object stay on the field for a short time.)

In the past they were just one big special attack/buff/heal that you got tired of looking at after like 5 times...and it either bore'd you other overwhelmingly wiped out the room.

But since it looks like gameplay is going to suck a lot less, do we really need it? @_@

NoiseHERO
May 15, 2011, 08:42 PM
Olaf, your love of thongs in PSO border on creepy to me.

It's Japanese, Sex sells everywhere, Even old Phantasy Star has it! Get over it! Also PSU didn't even have thongs, just bikinis. Which means so far PSO2 is stepping it up...

Which means you're doomed.

http://www.sega.com/ps0/images/classes/hunewearl.png

http://www.fantasyanime.com/phantasystar/images/ps2art12.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/data/535/products_hunewearlfigure3.jpg

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/elenor_action13-300x190.jpg

You're done.

You're DONE.

Run along lil done-done...

Niloklives
May 15, 2011, 08:53 PM
I've seen him call you paranoid and accuse you of instigating. The last time i saw him call you stupid was that conversation about PCs. Maybe you're still carrying that with you? Try to relax, man. Regardless of what's going on you're the only one I see fighting and I'm pretty sure the mods will take it the same way.

Vashyron
May 15, 2011, 08:56 PM
-

Sex sells of course, It's one of the biggest ways to gain profit with very low effort that will bring in a certain big audience. (Which annoys me greatly that most companies go that route, since it's understandable.) Though now what does that got to do with someone finding their obsession over it creepy?

Looking trough this topic I can't even tell if some people are joking or serious.

r00tabaga
May 15, 2011, 08:57 PM
I've seen him call you paranoid and accuse you of instigating. The last time i saw him call you stupid was that conversation about PCs. Maybe you're still carrying that with you? Try to relax, man. Regardless of what's going on you're the only one I see fighting and I'm pretty sure the mods will take it the same way.

Ah yes, the CPU fiasco. I am just gonna drop it and ignore him. It's not worth it.
@Michaeru: those pics are classy (especially the 1st one), I just hate Rappy suits, bikinis & bath towels which to me don't fit a battle environment IMO.

Niloklives
May 15, 2011, 09:07 PM
what about battle leotards?

NoiseHERO
May 15, 2011, 09:11 PM
I can't even tell if some people are joking or serious.

You'll never know. 8D

Niloklives
May 15, 2011, 09:16 PM
we're serious if it comes to fruition. if it never happens it was all one big lulz. 8-)

Sord
May 15, 2011, 09:17 PM
I don't think we'll need photon blasts... unless they do something REALLY interesting with them(like real summons and power ups and the monster/object stay on the field for a short time.)

In the past they were just one big special attack/buff/heal that you got tired of looking at after like 5 times...and it either bore'd you other overwhelmingly wiped out the room.

But since it looks like gameplay is going to suck a lot less, do we really need it? @_@

Photon blasts did seem pretty useless after awhile, especially the damn attack ones. You'd sit there for five seconds to do puny damage to something half the time unless you had just the right one in just the right spot, but even then it's not like you couldn't have beaten the enemy without it. After awhile seemed like all anyone ever did was have at least one person with Mylla & Youlla, everyone saved their PB bars and donate to the blast just before the boss.

I would like them back, but, at least make them useful, do not freeze everyone's damn gameplay, and perhaps make it harder to obtain. I personally didn't see anything wrong with summoning big photon infused animals, but at the same time it's not really impressive or interesting enough that'd I'd care if photon blasts become something else.

Can't speak as much for Ep4, when I finally got around to playing that it seemed like they really cranked up the difficulty, but by then I had gotten bored with the game and quit playing.

r00tabaga
May 15, 2011, 09:24 PM
Photon Blasts were very boring in PSO. SEGA can maybe breath new life into that mechanic & take it a step further. Mirage Blasts are just as boring & makes me think that maybe they NEED to just try something fresh & new. Hopefully they scrap SUV's, PB's & MB's completely for PSO2 in favor of something else.

joshboyd1209
May 15, 2011, 09:50 PM
Photon Blasts were very boring in PSO. SEGA can maybe breath new life into that mechanic & take it a step further. Mirage Blasts are just as boring & makes me think that maybe they NEED to just try something fresh & new. Hopefully they scrap SUV's, PB's & MB's completely for PSO2 in favor of something else.
That could be interesting, but I was particuraly fond of Sacred Cluster in PSP2(I still haven't managed to find the S rank cluster SUV ).

RenzokukenZ
May 15, 2011, 09:58 PM
Hopefully they scrap SUV's, PB's & MB's completely for PSO2 in favor of something else.

Sounds to me like they are, if that's what Sega meant by a 'Trump Card' system from the very first video. To me, this Trump Card sounds like a desperation attack/limit break that can be used when the situation is dire.

NewWave
May 15, 2011, 10:39 PM
I agree with the whole weapon role system that you mentioned (Swords-hunter, Guns-Ranger). There would be no point in separating the classes if it wasn't like that and race should matter in terms of differences for a certain class. ^ Basics that should be followed in my opinion so they should have it down

Bayi
May 18, 2011, 08:20 PM
That's another reason why I didn't like PSU because you could akimbo a gun and a melee weapon in each hand. Effectively giving you the ability to play as a Ranger and a Hunter at the same time--somewhat defeating the purpose of having classes altogether if a dedicated Ranger's only advantage on the battlefield was through sniper rifles or shotguns; which a Hunter could match at the same distance (because PSU's shotgun range was quite laughable) with a sword.

Likewise, handguns, mechguns, the Inferno Bazooka, Holy Ray, Master Raven/Last Swan, etc... being usable by Hunters as well further dominated the RA class as Rifles hardly had a long-range advantage over pistols anyway. Shotguns were the only real advantage besides the accuracy of a mechgun that Rangers had in PSO overall and this accuracy was often matched by higher level Hunters anyway (especially a HUcaseal), giving them more damage output with a weapon that wasn't even oriented towards their class.

I do not know understand why these break-off weapons even exist. This limited the Ranger's playstyle to experience whoring or overall just having a boring exercise because their purpose was near-redundant in a party unless they're wielding the infamous Holy Trinity combination or spamming with a Heaven Punisher handgun (please do *not* bring this gun back).

Joke weapons should also fall into this category. Joke guns for Rangers, joke melee weapons for Hunters.

True Rangers also suffered at close range altercations as well, and something as small as the ability to butt-stroke or use a gun as a blunt weapon (pistol whipping) or having a photon bayonet would have given the class the small edge it needed without swapping to a Hunter weapon in the inventory or simply creating more distance between the enemy (which is really boring because Rangers had to do a lot of running if an enemy came too close, and sometimes this wasn't an option in smaller areas).

Exclusify the classes, please Sega. Even remove the ability for humans to use magic unless they're a Force; this would force parties to actually want a Force in their party--this isn't to say Forces were useless on PSO, however 'ghettoFO''s (RAmarl and HUnewearl) could provide the buffing and healing to a party with little detrimental effect to their respective roles as a whole.

The class system was relatively sloppy in PSO, end-game stats for a lot of the classes were damn near similar as well. The aforementioned 'classless' weapons further contributed to the problem.

Niloklives
May 18, 2011, 09:04 PM
I don't see what's wrong with a hunter being able to access basic gun types why should a hunter have NO CHOICE but to sit there and wait for bosses that like to fly to land for 5 seconds just to do damage? Should we start kicking people if they're not rangers? That makes no goddamn sense.

It's not out of the role of a melee heavy character to have a contingency plan and have basic training on weapons outside of their fortes. there is such a thing as overspecializing.

Bayi
May 18, 2011, 11:09 PM
I don't see what's wrong with a hunter being able to access basic gun types why should a hunter have NO CHOICE but to sit there and wait for bosses that like to fly to land for 5 seconds just to do damage? Should we start kicking people if they're not rangers? That makes no goddamn sense.

It's not out of the role of a melee heavy character to have a contingency plan and have basic training on weapons outside of their fortes. there is such a thing as overspecializing.

Slicer.

•Col•
May 18, 2011, 11:17 PM
Slicer.

Can't aim slicers up..... And their range is way more limited than handguns, and rightfully so. Not to mention they would be super clunky compared to the TPS style of guns now(as if they weren't already clunky enough)...

Dunno why it's a big deal anyway. The handgun basically is a Hunter weapon anyway, lol.

Dongra
May 19, 2011, 03:05 PM
That's another reason why I didn't like PSU because you could akimbo a gun and a melee weapon in each hand. Effectively giving you the ability to play as a Ranger and a Hunter at the same time--somewhat defeating the purpose of having classes altogether if a dedicated Ranger's only advantage on the battlefield was through sniper rifles or shotguns; which a Hunter could match at the same distance (because PSU's shotgun range was quite laughable) with a sword.

Likewise, handguns, mechguns, the Inferno Bazooka, Holy Ray, Master Raven/Last Swan, etc... being usable by Hunters as well further dominated the RA class as Rifles hardly had a long-range advantage over pistols anyway. Shotguns were the only real advantage besides the accuracy of a mechgun that Rangers had in PSO overall and this accuracy was often matched by higher level Hunters anyway (especially a HUcaseal), giving them more damage output with a weapon that wasn't even oriented towards their class.

I do not know understand why these break-off weapons even exist. This limited the Ranger's playstyle to experience whoring or overall just having a boring exercise because their purpose was near-redundant in a party unless they're wielding the infamous Holy Trinity combination or spamming with a Heaven Punisher handgun (please do *not* bring this gun back).

Joke weapons should also fall into this category. Joke guns for Rangers, joke melee weapons for Hunters.

True Rangers also suffered at close range altercations as well, and something as small as the ability to butt-stroke or use a gun as a blunt weapon (pistol whipping) or having a photon bayonet would have given the class the small edge it needed without swapping to a Hunter weapon in the inventory or simply creating more distance between the enemy (which is really boring because Rangers had to do a lot of running if an enemy came too close, and sometimes this wasn't an option in smaller areas).

Exclusify the classes, please Sega. Even remove the ability for humans to use magic unless they're a Force; this would force parties to actually want a Force in their party--this isn't to say Forces were useless on PSO, however 'ghettoFO''s (RAmarl and HUnewearl) could provide the buffing and healing to a party with little detrimental effect to their respective roles as a whole.

The class system was relatively sloppy in PSO, end-game stats for a lot of the classes were damn near similar as well. The aforementioned 'classless' weapons further contributed to the problem.
Why am I getting the impression that you are trying to say that Hunters were the overpowered class? I mean, I think that was true in Version 1 and 2 but for Blue Burst and Episodes 1 & 2 it certainly wasn't.

NoiseHERO
May 19, 2011, 03:25 PM
I think weapons choices were balanced just fine...the only time I can say it was bad, was when fighgunner was getting WAY too over powered in PSU. and I hear psp2 has too much of every class being "able to do everything."

One thing I WOULD like...would be special weapons that can double as two types... like for an example a Bow that can also function as a double saber or the obvious rifleXsword = gunblade, or guns that can shoot bullets and projectile TECHs, or even melee weapons that could use close-range or AOE techs

But then make it so that only hybrid classes could use them or something. A gun that shoots magic...? I'd probably have to struggle not to ignore hunter if they did that especially handguns. But that's just me.

Niloklives
May 19, 2011, 04:36 PM
Slicer.

that may be the dumbest thing I've heard yet. Colaya basically covered it, but if you think a slicer is going to hit a flying enemy I don't know what game you've been playing but it isn't PSO. In any case that's like saying you think hunters should be taking on giant flying enemies with a boomerang that can't be aimed.

I can't take anything you have to say seriously after that, I'm sorry.

Milla
May 19, 2011, 04:44 PM
Every class should be able to equip basic Gun's or melee weapons. If they add in tactical mission that requires you to shoot a switch on the wall your basically screwed without a ranger.

Nitro Vordex
May 19, 2011, 04:55 PM
Slicer.
:twak:

Niloklives
May 19, 2011, 05:01 PM
Every class should be able to equip basic Gun's or melee weapons. If they add in tactical mission that requires you to shoot a switch on the wall your basically screwed without a ranger.

This too

Bayi
May 19, 2011, 06:09 PM
I apologise but I didn't play too extensively into PSU, I did not know slicers couldn't be aimed, but I don't see why you can't or shouldn't be able to; otherwise I'd say hey, go take out giant flying enemies with a boomerang.

I don't see why a slicer can't circumvent as a 'gun' for a Hunter, it does launch a projectile after all =P

Oh and I'm not saying Hunters are an overpowered class, because they certainly had their shortcomings online with rangers who could pick off enemies before the Hunter had a chance to even get a hit in but Hunters certainly did have an easier advantage with weapons that weren't for their class; especially (charge) mechguns.

Don't see why a slicer isn't a practical solution though, honestly. It attacked from range, fired a projectile = issue?

Niloklives
May 19, 2011, 06:27 PM
Rate of fire, range? again..not being able to aim it? Slicers have NEVER been aimable in any game. And it's not a ranged weapon. Plus it not treated as a projectile. The slicer's behavior is more like a beam.

•Col•
May 19, 2011, 06:55 PM
Just use the Slicers in PSO/PSU and you'll see that they designed to not be a long range weapon... Unless they COMPLETELY changed how they worked, then just no. D:

It's like saying the Laser Cannons in PSU are an acceptable alternative to Handguns/Rifles just because they were a ranged weapon.

Bayi
May 19, 2011, 06:56 PM
The rate of fire obviously isn't going to be as fast as an actual gun, but I thought the Slicer was a weapon meant to take advantage of a Hunter's specialisation and give them a weapon which could attack from a distance without actually being a gun. The Slicer could lock-on from a distance; I'm sure there wouldn't be a switch in a 'tactical' mission that would too far that a slicer wouldn't reach. The ability to aim a slicer would be nice in PSO2--I'm sure I sound like a frustrating class purist and I apologise for that, but I don't see why a Hunter should have a gun at all, and even if they did have the ability to equip basic handguns, at least reduce the range/damage/rate of fire.

Damage should be calculated by ATA and multiplied by a Ranger's ATP by a certain factor at least; that way a Hunter could still have a handgun and thus, a weak ranged weapon but still be able to support during awkward boss fights/out of reach enemies (De Rol Le, Gi Gues) without upstaging a Ranger with a handgun.

I could agree on that; and you're all right. These Hunters are trained and should have the knowledge and ability to use firearms but to a certain degree; no classless weapons.

lol, I can kind of see why you said what you said, Niloklives (would it be alright if I just called you Nilok?) but I took it as, if there was no other alternative, than a Hunter must absolutely have the ability to use a handgun.

•Col•
May 19, 2011, 07:08 PM
I dunno why you're so dead set on this, anyway. Like I already said, Handguns were pretty much meant to be a Hunter weapon anyway.

If Hunters can't use Handguns(or SOME kind of gun weapon), then Rangers shouldn't get any any Melee weapons, and Forces can only use Canes/Rods/Wands. Oh and no class can use magic except for Forces.

Yay, how fun.

Bayi
May 19, 2011, 07:36 PM
I could live with that, lol.

I wouldn't go as far to say that handguns were meant to be a Hunter weapon, but I would say that a saber is far more Hunter than it is universally usable--likewise for pistols, but to a lesser extent.

Sord
May 19, 2011, 09:12 PM
I'd say let hunters use handguns, and rangers use sabers, but that's pretty much it, and keep a cap on how powerful of one they can use. Rangers should always be able to use stronger handguns at the same level as a hunter, and the hunter likewise can use stronger saber's for their level. Then when you have the caps on the strongest ones near end game, just make sure they each have their respective type significantly capped at a stronger tier than the other.

Also, yeah, slicer could take the place of the pistol if it was reworked (which it's already been done like 3 times or so now, so why not.)

Niloklives
May 19, 2011, 10:45 PM
it really hasn't been reworked. it's always done the same thing: hit a group of enemies for low damage. the exception was with the busted PAs in PSU that made slicers the most powerful weapon in the game. aside from that they've really never changed.

Anyway lets say that slicers really could lock onto switches (to this day locking onto switches hasn't been done) if they did that, you still have to deal with high flying enemies and bosses. If they had a boss like dimma in this game, hunters may as well not run the mission at all. you need to be able to have a gun, not a short range laser boomerang.

Bayi
May 20, 2011, 09:55 PM
It has be shown that enemies can be launched into the air and chased for an aerial combo, anybody think this will extend to enemies being able to rock you in the sky as well? Because Sinow Beats come to mind...

And anybody think (or hope) rangers will be able to launch as well? It would be pretty cool to keep an enemy levitated in midair with a hail of gunfire.

Niloklives
May 20, 2011, 10:29 PM
they were kinda able to juggle in PSU...not well, but I'm expecting they'll be able to do something this time.

RemiusTA
May 21, 2011, 12:20 AM
Rate of fire, range? again..not being able to aim it? Slicers have NEVER been aimable in any game. And it's not a ranged weapon. Plus it not treated as a projectile. The slicer's behavior is more like a beam.

Pretty much everything in PSO used the targeting system. If you got a reticule on an airborne enemy, you could hit it. How well the targeting was depended on the weapon class. (green -> gold -> rare)

....But it never amounted for much. Slicers were very unique, but overall, they sucked in my eyes. PSU slicers were just lame and COMPLETELY OP for a good chunk of PSU's timeline. Its photon arts were absolutely retarded, there was nothing about Chikki that hinted at "throwing blade".

But this comes from the same game where you have a photon art for a spear where you ride it like a fucking genie, sooooo

NoiseHERO
May 21, 2011, 12:26 AM
This is why I liked PSZ's slicers...

Instead of a giant-photon-fish/shuriken-katana-thingy arm that throws...other giant photon-fish-arms/shuriken-katana-thingy...

You're throwing the actual photon-fish-arm/shuriken-katana-thingy.

Nitro Vordex
May 21, 2011, 12:54 AM
That sounds like it should be for card type weapons.

Slicers have never really been good. They're cool, but kinda useless. I use on bosses sometimes though.

Dongra
May 21, 2011, 03:13 AM
There are some amazing slicers that do great damage, and you won't see me anywhere without them. Those slicers are Charge Diska, Diska of Braveman, and Slicer of Fanatic (for forces). Charge Diska and Braveman both serve the same purpose which is fucking up mobs. Fanatic is pretty much a forces way of dealing damage to big enemies by using demons. Most rare slicers and common slicers deal rather poor damage or have no useful utility to warrant use, but the slicers I listed are pretty much top tier weapons when it comes to damage and usefulness.

Niloklives
May 21, 2011, 06:27 AM
Pretty much everything in PSO used the targeting system. If you got a reticule on an airborne enemy, you could hit it. How well the targeting was depended on the weapon class. (green -> gold -> rare)

....But it never amounted for much. Slicers were very unique, but overall, they sucked in my eyes. PSU slicers were just lame and COMPLETELY OP for a good chunk of PSU's timeline. Its photon arts were absolutely retarded, there was nothing about Chikki that hinted at "throwing blade".

But this comes from the same game where you have a photon art for a spear where you ride it like a fucking genie, sooooo

PSO had auto targeting, and slicers had such limited range it wasn't worth mentioning.

that said, slicers were good, but they were situational. a good slicer could take out quite a few things faster than whole groups due to the aoe effects and again on multi sectioned enemies (like bosses). They weren't the best weapons out there but they made quick work of enemies when you knew what you were doing.

RemiusTA
May 21, 2011, 01:16 PM
It wasn't how they worked, it was their accuracy that made me dislike them. Any formidable enemy you attacked with them, you were likely going to miss.

PSU's slicers were a simplified bastard child of PSO's...which was very disappointing.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 21, 2011, 01:29 PM
Accuracy wasn't too much of an issue with a 50% hit Rainbow Baton. The weapon was still very situational, though.

Dongra
May 21, 2011, 01:48 PM
It wasn't how they worked, it was their accuracy that made me dislike them. Any formidable enemy you attacked with them, you were likely going to miss.
There was a so called "glitch" that can be exploited to fix the accuracy issue of the first attack with slicers. Say you were to lead with a hard attack and the second attack was a normal attack. Once you started the animation for the second attack, so long as the first attack is still making its rounds or is still on its way towards the enemy, it will have the accuracy of the second attack, or in this case a normal attack. So now your first attack deals hard damage with no accuracy penalty. This is how people would get weapons like Charge Diska and Arrest S-rank slicer to work effectively. You lead with the special attack and follow up with a normal attack so your charge, arrest, or whatever special no longer has the accuracy of a special attack.

Niloklives
May 21, 2011, 02:23 PM
Accuracy was never a problem for me. Then again I rocked a HUcaseal in ep 1&2

RemiusTA
May 21, 2011, 07:55 PM
Accuracy wasn't too much of an issue with a 50% hit Rainbow Baton. The weapon was still very situational, though.

Hmm, may be true. But one weapon =/= a weapon class, So, in the big picture, slicers were pretty lame to me.

It's like Forces in PSU. I dont care if a Psycho wand + Masterforce + lv 50 techniques + S rank units + Limit Break makes a formidable class. Any other combination is still unsatisfactory. (Actually, the fact you need all of those just to make it a decent class is exactly why they suck.)`

NoiseHERO
May 21, 2011, 08:06 PM
Know what?

I'm tired of hearing about psycho wand being the Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla of the TECHing classes... aren't there any other "best" wand/rod weapons in the PS univer-oh wait, series?

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 21, 2011, 09:36 PM
Wands and TCSMs are better than rods anyway. Also, Psycho Wand is outclassed by half a dozen other rods by now.

RemiusTA
May 21, 2011, 09:49 PM
they're better because technics, at face value, are trash. Any weapon that limits you to only them are hindering you.

But masterforce uses them well.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 21, 2011, 10:01 PM
The balance is actually pretty decent now. Not perfect, but better than before.

I mean, you won't win any time attacks with a Masterforce, but it still kills enemies fast enough for normal play.

steaIth
May 22, 2011, 06:35 PM
It looked like they weren't getting hit too much. It makes me wonder on if the enemies will be more like PSZ, where standing in front of an enemy doesn't always mean getting hit, or like PSO, where most enemies wreak you if you stand in front for a second.
Also, will there be section IDs. I hope so, but am not sure

Bayi
May 23, 2011, 12:31 AM
It looked like they weren't getting hit too much. It makes me wonder on if the enemies will be more like PSZ, where standing in front of an enemy doesn't always mean getting hit, or like PSO, where most enemies wreak you if you stand in front for a second.
Also, will there be section IDs. I hope so, but am not sure

One thing I really didn't like about (and still don't like about) Section I.D.'s is the fact that they (Sega) do not inform you of which Section I.D. is best for whatever you're more interested in. And the fact that it was judged by your name was another disconcerting factor--a Section I.D. could effectively limit your favorite alias choices due to that particular name having set drops.

I did like how particular Section I.D.'s had particular drops, but was it really necessary to have so many different kinds with rare weapons/arms split so haphazardly among them? Yes, it did urge you to trade with other characters whom had different weapons which contributed differently to the economy/rare diaspora but if you wanted a few particular weapons, you would be unable to earn them.

Greenil nets you rifles, Purplenum nets you mechguns--couldn't one I.D. just be oriented towards guns in general?

Skyly nets you swords and rifles (why rifles?), yet Oran nets you daggers and Bluefull nets you partisans--is this really bloody necessary?

Section I.D.'s in theory are interesting, but they should be a choice (able to pick one instead of pre-chosen) and should be given an explanation of what you're going to get overall.

Personally, I think Section I.D.'s should be replaced with 'Factions', example? Picking the 'Oracle Ranger Brigade', 'Team 00 Division' or 'Yasminkov Combat Program' results in your rares (and shop options) primarily being guns of all types. Whereas picking the 'Oracle Armed Infantry' or 'WORKS Frontal Corps' primarily gives you bladed weaponry and the shop primarily supplies you with bladed weapons.

Something like the 'Motav Institute and Study of Technics' Primarily gives you Force rare drops and shops primarily sell Force weaponry/disks to you.

This is providing that the Oracle ship isn't like the ship in PSU which had individual shops with different brands (please don't bring these back) which catered to individual class needs. A shop for force weaponry, another shop for hunter weapons, etc...

Just an idea, because the absurd drop rate in PSO didn't exactly help the Section I.D. problem to begin with. Nothing worse than having a Section I.D. with rares you like, but they have a 1/9000-40000+ of being found, plus your I.D. doesn't give you all the rares you want, meaning you need to make another character (if you're offline and can't trade) to try to find the rares you do want to complete your first character's collection that are also 1/9000-40000+ in rarity.

Don't feed us rares, but don't make them impossible to find either. I applaud anybody who has found weapons like the Prophets of Motav, Heaven Punisher, or the Lavis Blade. Seriously, congratulations.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 23, 2011, 03:13 PM
I can live without section IDs (it looks like they are not returning, anyway). It would be better to base drop charts off player class rather than something completely arbitrary like your name.

r00tabaga
May 23, 2011, 03:56 PM
They had Section ID calculators so that you can still become Oran or Greenill or whatever you wanted. For instance, by putting a space before your name, or a space (or two) after your name, any ID was possible. You won't see the spaces when your name is displayed during gameplay either.

I agree though, something new is what I want.

NoiseHERO
May 23, 2011, 03:59 PM
> Implying people like altering their names in stupid ways to get the I.D. they wanted.

r00tabaga
May 23, 2011, 04:01 PM
There is no altering names. If your name in game is Michaeru then it wil look like Michaeru. You can't see the spaces. Go to the section ID calculator if you don't believe me. My HUcast had 3 spaces after his name so that I could become a PINKALL.

Niloklives
May 23, 2011, 04:49 PM
There is no altering names. If your name in game is Michaeru then it wil look like Michaeru. You can't see the spaces. Go to the section ID calculator if you don't believe me. My HUcast had 3 spaces after his name so that I could become a PINKALL.

That didn't always work since a space was worth 2 and the section IDs were numbered 0-9. you're right though, many section IDs were attainable through harmless name modding that only you as the creator would know about.