PDA

View Full Version : Group idea?

HUmar Darkedge
May 16, 2011, 03:56 PM
Updated 5/19/11. Please read the last comment.

Dhylec
May 17, 2011, 04:19 PM
Look for a common idea/theme, so others can share, associate & join.

Sord
May 17, 2011, 05:13 PM
I'd say start an off-topic thread first on some subject or another that interests you. If enough people start talking about it and discussing it, invite those who seem interested to a group created around the same or similar themes. Myself, not much a fan of the group tool. The exclusivity is nice, but you lose a lot of posting tools last I checked (such as quote buttons.) Though it might work if you typed in the BBCode yourself, never bothered trying.

Furthermore, if the theme is to narrow, once everyone has said what they had to say on a group theme, it just kinda dies out. I haven't been a part of to many but they've all died (one actually moved to it's own separate forum... before also dying.) They can also be viewed by moderators, though I don't think any of the mods readily check on them unless someone reports someone.

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2011, 06:14 PM
I tend to forget I'm in any groups on this forum. Like, I only just now remembered groups existed when I looked at this thread.

Ryno
May 17, 2011, 06:29 PM
i always check my groups that im in and the ones that i created. :D
I created 10 groups and some have been successful.
some would die down and then would jump back up then die and jump back up.
but majority i mostly post in one group everyday. the only group that has the 3rd most post. :)
. :)

HUmar Darkedge
May 18, 2011, 02:57 PM
Well...thanks for the advice, I think. Hopefully it may help

HUmar Darkedge
May 19, 2011, 04:01 PM
It has been done, if anyone wants to join this kind of group
Go here. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=345

Kylie
May 19, 2011, 04:49 PM
(one actually moved to it's own separate forum... before also dying.)No one died. :-o Actually, the group is still very much kickin'.

Just pick the right people, and there you go!