PDA

View Full Version : BB Oran for HU in Ep 4

Palle
May 19, 2011, 04:54 PM
So it looks like this thing with Blue Burst will work out, and now I'm thinking about what to play. Since I've been advised that Ep 4 is substantially more difficult, I'm thinking I will go back to Hunter this playthrough.

A lot of the names I'm kicking around end up as Oran, which I haven't played since the V2 days. I'm pretty fond of Daggers, but also like Sabers, Twin Sabers, and Twin Swords. I don't know much about Ep 4 drops, so I'm wondering... Is anyone interested giving their take on Oran as a Hunter ID in Ep 4?

Would you suggest something else for the types of weapons I prefer?

Broken_L_button
May 19, 2011, 07:02 PM
If you want twin sabers and play a female, Oran gets Vivienne from EP 4 Zus or Pazuzus, not sure. Very easy hunt in VH in Max attack 4B (not sure on that one) and in one of the side-story quests, Warrior's pride I think. A solid choice for female forces and low-level female hunters. They also get V101 from one of these birds, a staple unit for Hunters (increases attack speed by 40% and increases most stats by 15, ATA by 1,5 or something).

For sabers, Guren drops from Dorphon eclair for Viridia on Ultimate. Best to hunt it in Max Attack 4C and retry after the Crater part. Guren can be combined with Shouren (you can get this one easily from Black Paper's deal 2 in VH, I think. It's a side-story quest) to get the Twin sword Jizai, a high ATP Twin sword with unreduced Hell. With Sange & Yasha, it's another solid twin sword.

For Daggers, there's the ever-so-manly Daylight Scar that drops for Skyly from Bootas on ultimate. High ATP beserk daggers that can rape most enemies provided your accuracy is good enough.

...All this is only true if you play on the server that starts with an S. Though, I haven't played in 2 months, so I'm not sure if they changed their drop info since then. If all this info is correct, though, Oran isn't that great for the weapons you need, IMO. Though, you COULD use Oran to get a ton of V101s from VH and trade/sell them for better gear.