PDA

View Full Version : FOmarl Offline GC?

Alyssin
May 26, 2011, 01:44 PM
I'm currently making a FOmarl on the Gamecube version. I've pretty much got all the gear I suppose I could use. I just one question.

In VH/Ultimate how well will I be able to solo?

She's a Whitill who will be using weapons such as the Madam's Umbrella, Inferno Bazooka, and Diska of Bravemen. I also have a Holy Ray. The armors I have access to are a Sacred Cloth, Aura Field and I'll probably wear Rico's Glasses for style though I also have a Safety Heart.

I'd also like to mention I have a Summit Moon and Psycho Wand stashed in my bank. In case I want to be technique heavy.

I've already got her Materials used and an Angel's Wing mag made to compliment it and give her perfect stats.

V.A.P
May 26, 2011, 03:18 PM
I predict you shall die.

~ The Major has spoken ~

Alyssin
May 26, 2011, 04:09 PM
Haha well that's encouraging. All doom and gloom for me then :/

blace
May 26, 2011, 04:24 PM
Fun times. I predict you'll get 1 shotted by Indi Belras. My experiences during solo Ultimate never ended well.

Alyssin
May 26, 2011, 04:33 PM
Well I do have 1 friend from when I was in high school who I'll be able to play with some times but for the most part I'll be doing it alone.

I have a RAmarl but it's simply to easy all the time and RAmarl/FOmarl are the only 2 classes I actually enjoy looking at.

At least it will be a challenge more akin to suicide :)

blace
May 26, 2011, 04:48 PM
I spent literally 2 thousand hours on my HUcast, never adjusted well to a FOmarl. I ended up trying to melee my way through Ruins Ultimate since I got tired of running out of TP at the most crucial moments. Just make sure to bring at least 5 scape dolls for Mines and Ruins, maybe more for Ruins.

You'll probably want to bring along a TP/Revival and an assortment of wands for each elemental type.

And don't make the mistake I made with my first FOmarl, by adding POW mats.

Alyssin
May 26, 2011, 04:54 PM
I set my materials up so that she would have max stats, which didn't involve any power materials. I have a full power mag that I'm using right now to help equip higher damaging items to get myself through the first 50 or 60 levels easily.

I suppose at the end of the day though it will just be a time sink anyway since I have all the gear I need already.

blace
May 26, 2011, 04:58 PM
Well, good luck to you then, any help you can get will benefit you in the long run.

Alyssin
May 26, 2011, 05:05 PM
Yes haha. At least I'll look stylish when I die in Ultimate.

blace
May 26, 2011, 05:15 PM
I'd rather die with endless Del Sabers and Indi Belras around me smoldering or frozen. Just my personal opinion.

Broken_L_button
May 26, 2011, 06:22 PM
VH is a joke to my FOmarl, and I never found solo'ing with my FOmarl particularly hard on ultimate when I play GC (Ep2 is just more time-consuming than the love letter that is EP1), and my gear is terrible compared to yours. With the gear you have, you'll be able to breeze through EP1, albeit a bit slower than a Hunter/Ranger, but still have a VERY easy time. Jellen/Zalure/Deband and you're set if you plan on using techniques, add shifta to that if you need to melee. You'll also need to stack a few hit units if you want to hit with your melee/ranger gear. On that topic, your Inferno Bazooka will be your favorite weapon thanks to FOmarl's awesome shot animation. Abuse that weapon, especially if it has a good hit%. If you got lucky and found a hit Double saber from some monster, you can always use that for TP recovery.

Anyways, to sum up this post of mine, with the gear you have and some basic strategy and tactics (like making sure the path between you and the closest open door isn't obstructed by something), you'll almost never die.

V.A.P
May 27, 2011, 06:50 AM
If you're good at going back and forth between attacking and dodging, then you're gonna be ok regardless of the difficulty/character you have. Having a battle unit helps.

Alyssin
May 27, 2011, 04:18 PM
Had an unfortunate incident last night in my "Almost asleep phase" where I wiped my memory cards during saving. Luckily I have all my items backed up on another memory card. I will have to hunt down tech disks before I attempt my FOmarl again. Looks like more boredom with a RAmarl.

Niloklives
May 27, 2011, 06:29 PM
There's always BSing your stats to speed things along. That shop dupe trick opened the flood gates.

Alyssin
May 27, 2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah, it was handy to make copies of all my gear just in case of an event like this. I don't have any Materials though so I'll have to find one of each before I can take advantage of said shop dupe trick.

Splash
May 28, 2011, 01:38 AM
FOmarl's backup weapon is Inferno Bazooka.

Miyoko
May 28, 2011, 08:58 AM
There is some really awful misinformation here, jesus.

So long as you have decent level SDJZ, it'll be a cake-walk. FOmarls are the least squishy of the Forces, and so long as you keep yourself buffed, and the enemies debuffed, you'll be perfectly fine.

Aside from Falz's bitch-slap or grants, anyways.

Alyssin
May 28, 2011, 11:04 AM
That's provided I even get past Falzes ultimate spinny trap death wave.

Alyssin
May 28, 2011, 07:00 PM
Interesting haha

Miyoko
May 29, 2011, 08:22 AM
That's provided I even get past Falzes ultimate spinny trap death wave.

Oh, the bitch-slap/grants is only an issue on hard / very hard. Once you get to ultimate, well, the damage of his grants and bitch slap don't scale up nearly as well as the rest of his attacks, meaning they're not too bad. I don't remember how much his Grants does, but his bitch slap hits for about ... 700-800 I think.

No, on ultimate, his rabarta is what you have to worry about. THAT attack sucks. You need some serious EIC (and a cure freeze) to not get violated by that. But, those attacks suck for EVERYONE, not just FOmarl.

Alyssin
May 29, 2011, 10:54 AM
I know that I played online once in Ultimate and ran Falz in his second form (the one that spins around the outside of the map) he would make a line of those little traps appear on either side of you and sweep towards your character. That sucked bad.

Niloklives
May 31, 2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah that Rabarta is retarded. it's not one spell. He actually casts it like 10 times in rapid succession. If you have a cure/freeze only the first one will hit and cause hit stun (damage immunity) so it does almost no damage. If the first one freezes you though, the others hit as well and you can be killed instantly.

Lady Nadia
May 31, 2011, 09:00 PM
another suggestion, i would use at least 1 or 2 god hps on any fo until 150 plus. just a thought but its not a terrible idea to farm a few of these especially for mines n ruins runs and all of ep2

Alyssin
May 31, 2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah I'm wearing one right now it's really handy.

Beard
Jun 2, 2011, 10:13 PM
Offline single player should not be an issue. You could run around with any char with no mag and do fine. I only have 1 char (FOmar) and only play offline. I have never had any issues. And hes a hybrid. Offline muilti player has not been an issue yet either (we havent ventured past the caves in ultimate multi yet though). Only lvl 100 right now. Just play whatever char you like and have fun :)

Alyssin
Jun 6, 2011, 11:54 PM
Even a RAcaseal? <3 Solo of course.

Niloklives
Jun 7, 2011, 06:49 PM
RAcaseals are easy to solo with o_O

Dongra
Jun 7, 2011, 06:57 PM
All rangers are easy to solo with.

Alyssin
Jun 7, 2011, 07:03 PM
I assumed the lack of S/D and Resta would screw me over. I am well equipped though.