PDA

View Full Version : Item Question regarding technique disks.

Ashinto
May 29, 2011, 07:08 AM
Hello, I am a level 100 ramarl playing the offline episode I and II game for GC.
I need to know where to find the level 20 normal and ra- technique disks.
According to the technique location guide there is no place for them to drop? :-?
Someone help me out!

Eazypeezy
May 30, 2011, 12:33 AM
Hmm, I mostly find all my techs in mines or ruins on ultimate. I have a resta lv. 30 disk and a slew of ra techs that are all 20+. I throw most of them away bc I don't use forces. Also, you're a ramarl, so the only techs you should be really using are resta, shifta and deband. All the attack techs ate pretty useless for a ranger unless you really want to use techs. Hope this helps you out and happy hunting. :)

Splash
May 30, 2011, 04:49 AM
All the attack techs ate pretty useless for a ranger

No. Just no.

Dongra
May 30, 2011, 01:14 PM
He's actually right, in fact, attack techs aren't very useful for every class that isn't a force. Support techs are all you need or will probably use on a Hunter and Ranger class. Some attack techs offer some utility purposes, like Rabarta spam in a pinch or Gifoie for stopping delbiters, but they won't be used much and especially not for damage. Level 20 offensive techs just don't have as much range as level 28-30 techs to really be good but they will still have their niche uses.

Ashinto
May 30, 2011, 02:46 PM
Guys, what I really was curious about was wether or not any level 20 normal and ra- disks exists. According to the guide I looked at they don't. Is this correct?

Dongra
May 30, 2011, 03:03 PM
They do exist, unfortunately I don't think this site lists the specific drops for each of the levels of every tech. I would say to do Forest and Caves over Mines and Ruins since Mines and Ruins generally have tech drops greater than 20. In all honesty, it's probably just going to come down to sheer luck.

Lady Nadia
May 30, 2011, 03:25 PM
ultimate is a bit high for lvl 20 techs from personal experience. ultimate is more for fo techs. ive had most my luck getting lvl 20 hune techs in very hard mines and ruins, maybe even ult forest but id recommend not going past that.

Splash
May 31, 2011, 12:12 AM
He's actually right, in fact, attack techs aren't very useful for every class that isn't a force.
No, the statement is wrong and way off-base.

Case in point example:

Some attack techs offer some utility purposes, like Rabarta spam in a pinch or Gifoie for stopping delbiters, but they won't be used much and especially not for damage. Level 20 offensive techs just don't have as much range...but they will still have their niche uses.

Also, you clearly don't use attack techs much to understand a lot about them. So invalid statement. At most I can probably agree with you is Foie and Gibarta but that's it. Everything else I can find a purpose for, not necessarily for damaging either (especially so after having so much time with my own RAmarl).

Lady Nadia
May 31, 2011, 02:08 AM
once fos get their 20 plus techs its game over n i mean seriously cmon... only time i ever cast an attack spell is to blow up a group of boxes or to bring a group of canadines down to the ground or them bee thingys in ep2 i forget their names, and to blow up a room full of traps, yes i use trap visions religiously. excluding support spells theres no reason techs mean nething to a ra.... hunters theyre a bit better but just to ground aerial enemies n a couple other utility purposes but not for dmg. hunes n ramarls got enuff mst power to 1 shot spikes in the pre falz fight also, i prefer just blastin em with my holy ray tho unless theyre grouped together. besides this n the above purposes non fo techs suk. if ur using attack spells in combat on a ra u needs to buy a bigger gun. :confused:

Dongra
May 31, 2011, 02:57 AM
At most I can probably agree with you is Foie and Gibarta but that's it.
I'd like to hear what you do that is so useful with Barta, Zonde, (I'm eagerly anticipating a reply to those two since I personally have found no use for the simple techs on a non-force) Gizonde (please don't use Vol Opt as the main argument), and Rafoie (box breaking doesn't count) on a RAmarl. I'm sorry, but when it comes down to it I only find Razonde, Gifoie, and maybe Rabarta to be useful on non-force characters. This just isn't enough to justify attack techs as being particularly useful, as a whole, on non-force characters.

Splash
May 31, 2011, 04:29 AM
Barta can pierce some walls and doors; often times, these are "glitched" doors and walls to which they can happen. A prime example of this is Lost Devil's Scepter, Jungle Area North, near the exit at the ring place, there is a small crack behind which you can take out the Merikle that spawns at the rightmost door upon touching the gate switch; utilizing this method means it is the safest way possible to get pass the place solo deathless without the need to Telepipe (in before you tell me safety doesn't matter, lol at you then).

Zonde, like Barta, can pierce things from beyond from a room away as well; it also has the range of a handgun (or maybe higher) so if bullets can't pass through, then Zonde probably can. A prime example would be Spring Cleaning Ep1 ver. where there are aligned Zonde traps at Ruins 1 in the room after the waterfall room, where upon entering you would get shot by one; Zonde will reach it from the hall before.

Gizonde, Vol Opt would be the primary reason, I see you already saw that coming (although Rangers already have Spread Needle so that's a void point for them). But it is also the fastest tech and can connect chains of monsters for stunning, often times this means it will be able to stun more monsters properly than Razonde can; most quests with a lot of monsters would be good examples for this but on top of my head would be Christmas Fiasco, ep1 and ep2. It's also a good trap detonator, although that's more of a bonus.

Rafoie, tagging and stunning, simple as that, especially with the blow range. In before you tell me that's not a reason; yeah, I didn't think BB really cares about that when all they care is blasting everything to pieces with Baranz Launchers/Charge Arms and Needles. However, a low-leveler would be able to take this to full use. I can probably also say that you did this at least once in your PSO lifetime as well. As for stunning, works very well when there are multiple Gees or Canabins in a group and you don't want to stand in the middle in order to get them all to stay in position.

I'd probably could argue for Foie that you could use it for Dark Falz's 3rd form during when its invincible to weapon attacks but considering how you don't even consider destroying boxes as a reason, I won't say anything.

Dongra
May 31, 2011, 01:16 PM
Barta can pierce some walls and doors; often times, these are "glitched" doors and walls to which they can happen. A prime example of this is Lost Devil's Scepter, Jungle Area North, near the exit at the ring place, there is a small crack behind which you can take out the Merikle that spawns at the rightmost door upon touching the gate switch; utilizing this method means it is the safest way possible to get pass the place solo deathless without the need to Telepipe (in before you tell me safety doesn't matter, lol at you then).

Zonde, like Barta, can pierce things from beyond from a room away as well; it also has the range of a handgun (or maybe higher) so if bullets can't pass through, then Zonde probably can. A prime example would be Spring Cleaning Ep1 ver. where there are aligned Zonde traps at Ruins 1 in the room after the waterfall room, where upon entering you would get shot by one; Zonde will reach it from the hall before.

Ok, I'm going to give you credit for these. I've never actually heard anyone do either of those before, and I find that very surprising considering the people on that private server.

Lady Nadia
May 31, 2011, 02:02 PM
made me delete my last post after i confirmed that lol.. good stuff, killing merikles was never so much fun lol. Good show, good show.

Splash
May 31, 2011, 04:07 PM
Ok, I'm going to give you credit for these. I've never actually heard anyone do either of those before, and I find that very surprising considering the people on that private server.

What, I don't get credit for the other ones too? That's real nice of you.

Although I don't get most of the credit anyways; most of them were stuff that a friend of mine found and thought about while we played together to get through some of the challenging puzzles throughout the harder quests.

Dongra
May 31, 2011, 04:23 PM
I don't count tagging and I personally feel Razonde is more effective for stunning than Gizonde, even though Gizonde is faster, though I'd reconsider it if I see it used in some impressive way that Razonde can't match up to. Gizonde has its use for Vol Opt but that has already been covered. I'm wondering who you are on that server but it's probably none of my business.

Lady Nadia
Jun 1, 2011, 01:40 AM
so... anyhow... ne luck on finding them techs... i dont have a shift button atm... lol. il have a new kb later today tho

Ashinto
Jun 1, 2011, 03:14 AM
so... anyhow... ne luck on finding them techs... i dont have a shift button atm... lol. il have a new kb later today tho

No, I haven't found any yet. Have mainly been playing ultimate Ruins though and only higher level techs drops as suspected.

Lady Nadia
Jun 1, 2011, 03:36 AM
ya when u get around to it checks out them places i mentioned earlier in the thread thats where i nailed most of mine