PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Is there any way to inform SEGA about our interest?

ChaosAngel92
May 31, 2011, 11:06 PM
I know a few people has tried to contact SEGA billion of time.
I've never read those huge wall of text people used to write with the issues of PSU.

But...IS THERE ANY FREAKING WAY TO INFORM SEGA WE ARE INTERESTED IN INFINITY?

I know this post might seem dumb, but I have kept my faith high about Infinity, but I just can't bare any longer. If Infinity does not arrive to America I'm going to commit suicide.

blace
May 31, 2011, 11:14 PM
It mostly depends on how well previous games sell, but it's largely based on Japan's sales. If the game sells well in Japan that's a better chance it'll get released to other parts of the world.

ChaosAngel92
May 31, 2011, 11:25 PM
It mostly depends on how well previous games sell, but it's largely based on Japan's sales. If the game sells well in Japan that's a better chance it'll get released to other parts of the world.

Hmm, yeah I kinda understand how the bussines works.
However I was wondering if SEGA has some time of customer service or some way to voice our opinion to those who decide wether or not to import games.

I mean, ATLUS had some kind of system where fans could send them a messga esaying "ME WANTS X". In most of the cases was pretty useless, but at least someone wrote you back letting you know what was the destiny of that game.

blace
May 31, 2011, 11:30 PM
Sega has been notorious for being vague on details. I wouldn't even bother with trying to get a response from them since they don't seem to care much about what the community wants. Best we can do is wait for some indication that their will be a release or lack of.

joshboyd1209
May 31, 2011, 11:43 PM
Sega has been notorious for being vague on details. I wouldn't even bother with trying to get a response from them since they don't seem to care much about what the community wants. Best we can do is wait for some indication that their will be a release or lack of.
In my opinion storming their HQ killing over a hundred employees and completely taking over with an MK16 Colt Military Issue is always the best way to get some one to listen or if they don't have an HQ got to their house at night and drag them out to the middle of nowhere and wake them blindfolded and in their boxers(nightgown of their a girl ) and point a gun to their temple and start getting them to cooperate the hard way.

raijz
May 31, 2011, 11:57 PM
In my opinion storming their HQ killing over a hundred employees and completely taking over with an MK16 Colt Military Issue is always the best way to get some one to listen or if they don't have an HQ got to their house at night and drag them out to the middle of nowhere and wake them blindfolded and in their boxers(nightgown of their a girl ) and point a gun to their temple and start getting them to cooperate the hard way.

Illegal and irresponsible way. They probably would stop releasing games to the US if that happened.

Malice913150
Jun 1, 2011, 12:03 AM
someone is clearly fucking psycho >.>

MESeele
Jun 1, 2011, 12:07 AM
Not to mention he'd probably end up shooting himself in the foot :/

blace
Jun 1, 2011, 12:13 AM
Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking that.

NoiseHERO
Jun 1, 2011, 12:25 AM
This is how PSO-worlders take jokes.

Majarra
Jun 1, 2011, 04:01 AM
But, it wasn't funny.

Also OP, the PSP is pretty much done with its life. Unless they can release right away and months before the PS Vita, there's still a chance it will sell worse than PSPo2.

Fayorei
Jun 1, 2011, 04:22 AM
Suicide or import from Play-Asia? That IS a hard decision.<_<;;

Honestly, a lot more niche titles have been released here. ESPECIALLY in the PSP's library, and I can't imagine them selling hugely. Like others have said, depends on how it does it Japan anymore. Which is something I am thankful for.

blace
Jun 1, 2011, 04:25 AM
Like others have said, depends on how it does it Japan anymore. Which is something I am thankful for.
So I'm "other". Lovely.

Fayorei
Jun 1, 2011, 04:32 AM
So I'm "other". Lovely.

You're loved! I've just seen it said elsewhere in the forums as well.<3

ashley50
Jun 1, 2011, 04:45 AM
a suicide over a game...seriously? [spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ashley_riot/1278026108067.jpg[/spoiler-box]

MESeele
Jun 1, 2011, 05:19 AM
I am compelled to comment on how awesome it is to see Persona here at psoworld.

It is awesome. And relevant. But mostly awesome.

Gintoki-kun
Jun 1, 2011, 09:27 AM
Doesn't PSU have those events with giving you a chance to play with GM's?
I remember seeing one before on Youtube and maybe if one can happen sooner,maybe that GM can answer your question about Infinity.

NoiseHERO
Jun 1, 2011, 10:28 AM
But, it wasn't funny.

Also OP, the PSP is pretty much done with its life. Unless they can release right away and months before the PS Vita, there's still a chance it will sell worse than PSPo2.

Ehn, I've seen people go along with lamer jokes.

joshboyd1209
Jun 1, 2011, 12:03 PM
This is how PSO-worlders take jokes.
It wasn't a joke.

Jakosifer
Jun 1, 2011, 01:25 PM
It hasn't even been out for a year in Japan..whine whine etc etc.

NoiseHERO
Jun 1, 2011, 01:30 PM
It wasn't a joke.

That's sad...

-Oh hi jako.

Jakosifer
Jun 1, 2011, 01:48 PM
That's sad...

-Oh hi jako.

Do I know you?

NoiseHERO
Jun 1, 2011, 02:17 PM
I'm Mike.

DeviFoxx
Jun 1, 2011, 02:58 PM
Really, I don't know what's more ridiculous.

· Threatening to commit suicide over a game you can easily buy already, but don't want to because it's "not in English".
· Or... Josh scaring the daylights out of the PSO-World community at large again. This time around with insane talk about storming the SEGA corporate headquarters with guns drawn and blazing. Then adding he ISN'T joking.

I know it's like beating a dead horse at this point. But if you people who keep asking "When is SEGA of America going to bring Infinity to the states" really want to play Infinity, then just up and import it already.

Really, you guys should already know SEGA's track record by now. They're going to import Infinity when / if they feel like it. If at all. If you really want to play Infinity, then play it. Don't wait for SEGA to do something. Do it yourself. Even if you don't speak Japanese, that doesn't stop people from playing.

Like the old adages say:

· You want something done right, you have to do it yourself.
· Take life by the horns.
· Carpe Diem, "Seize the Day" and all that.

I have a friend who plays vanilla, US version of PSP2. She feels pretty adamant and swears up and down that Infinity's coming out, and she'll stay on Vanilla until it comes to America. Finally now, she's begun to see the big picture and look at the crap SEGA's putting the Western community base through.

I suggest just do what she's planning to do, and what several others, like MESeele, have already done. Regardless of whether or not you can understand Japanese

· Convert your US / EU save to Japanese PSP2 Vanilla.
· Buy JP PSP2 Infinity, and import that save to Infinity.
· Play Infinity and have fun.
· When / If PSP2 Infinity comes out in America / Europe, convert your save file back from Japanese to English territories and continue the game with the progress you made in JP Infinity.

Problem solved.

blace
Jun 1, 2011, 03:28 PM
Unlike many others that imported Infinity and still playing it, I'm still playing vanilla PSPo2 US. Not that I don't like the changes in Infinity it just feels rather tedious to play through the game in a different language.

Besides all the points made, with the exception of the troll, it's a massive waiting game that has been around from the beginning.

Temprus
Jun 1, 2011, 05:58 PM
I'm importing tomorrow. No crazy-ass storming of Sega or suicide needed.

Yay me.

Gintoki-kun
Jun 1, 2011, 06:03 PM
No one should force themselves to buy a foreign game,waste an extra 20$ because of shipping and handling,and then on top of that learned the language of that game,written and spoken.

PSP1 came out in Spring '09,PSPo2 came out Fall '10,this game should come out by December or fall this year,hence why we want it to be atleast spoken of in E3.

This is all depending on how SEGA want's to get from the western community,like it or not,those who just import the game is because they couldn't just wait for a announcement(My Opinon)

Malice913150
Jun 1, 2011, 06:33 PM
Unlike many others that imported Infinity and still playing it, I'm still playing vanilla PSPo2 US. Not that I don't like the changes in Infinity it just feels rather tedious to play through the game in a different language.

giga truth right here. i mean im impatient as the next person but i know well enough not to whine and complain. im happily raging at the current PSPo2 because i dont get enough RAINBOWS

i can wait a bit to rage more at infinity, whence ill be raging even harder when i get wrecked by monsters 100+ lvls ahead of me ;-;

blace
Jun 2, 2011, 03:53 AM
giga truth right here. i mean im impatient as the next person but i know well enough not to whine and complain. im happily raging at the current PSPo2 because i dont get enough RAINBOWS

i can wait a bit to rage more at infinity, whence ill be raging even harder when i get wrecked by monsters 100+ lvls ahead of me ;-;
Then you won't like playing with me at all. I get drops other people hunt for, like a Psycho Wand I was helping to get but I got it instead.

Things are pretty balanced with the rebirth system since you'll be stronger. Just not a whole lot easier.

Milla
Jun 2, 2011, 09:09 AM
I'm planning to import when Kairi hits 200 and Noel 100ish if there is nothing announced. I'll still play both though i have some good friends on PSP2. ^^

Yuicihi
Jun 2, 2011, 01:46 PM
Doesn't PSU have those events with giving you a chance to play with GM's?
I remember seeing one before on Youtube and maybe if one can happen sooner,maybe that GM can answer your question about Infinity.

No, PSU gives you a chance to sit in a horrendously laggy lobby while people spam trade offers and "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONIC!". Or, that's how I personally remember those Meet and Greet events.

Realistically, if it's not spoken of at E3, I'd forget about a regional release and go import it. If it is spoken of, you have your answer. I have a feeling that if Sega concentrates on anything remotely related to Phantasy Star this year, though, it'll be PSO2. That will sell infinitely more copies than Infinity.

blace
Jun 2, 2011, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRDxyLJRveY

Talked a bit about PSP and PSPo2, and went straight to PSO 2. No mention of PSP2i and assumes everyone will be excited for just PSO 2.

Gintoki-kun
Jun 2, 2011, 04:42 PM
YouTube - &#x202a;Talking Phantasy Star Online 2 With Sega&#x202c;&rlm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRDxyLJRveY)

Talked a bit about PSP and PSPo2, and went straight to PSO 2. No mention of PSP2i and assumes everyone will be excited for just PSO 2.

I remember seeing this,and yeah that guy just mostly talks about PSO in every interview he in.